+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bombshell: Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd Resigns, now for the Death Match..!

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Bombshell: Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd Resigns, now for the Death Match..!

Andrew Bolt - Herald Sun

February 22, 2012

Quote Kevin Rudd announces his resignation in the Willard Hotel's Douglas Room in Washington, DC.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CWf9a...layer_embedded

NOT one person predicted Kevin Rudd would resign as Foreign Minister. That’s how brilliant the move was.

Until that second, Prime Minister Julia Gillard seemed to have outmanoeuvred him, and was certain to humiliate him in the party room next week.

But now he’s warned that it’s game on. He’s painted himself as the plucky choice of the voters, fighting the “faceless men”.

He’s the little guy who was done wrong by silent assassins, party bosses and union heavies and the woman they installed. He won’t launch a “stealth attack” on Gillard, he declared, as she did to him.

He’d fight out in the open, the old hypocrite declared.

And Rudd has challenged the frightened MPs, already looking at polls putting Labor catastrophically behind, do you feel lucky with Gillard, punks?

Or as he put it yesterday, the question now facing his colleagues was: “Who is best placed to defeat Tony Abbott at the next election?”

No contest, of course. When was the last time Gillard was mobbed by crowds as Rudd is every week?

And on Monday, maybe Tuesday, Rudd will have a huge ace to play when the fortnightly Newspoll comes out to remind Labor that the person killing its vote is not Rudd, but Gillard.

Rudd will have one further undeclared threat to sharpen MPs’ minds. Reject him roundly now, and he could quit Parliament. End of Government.

Brilliant work. Turned the contest on a dime.

The past couple of days had been good for Gillard. A string of loyalist ministers accused Rudd of inflating his support among MPs, robbing him of momentum.

Rudd’s adviser Bruce Hawker had publicly claimed more than 40 of the 112 Labor MPs backed him against Gillard. Gillard’s troops, convinced this was overreach, pushed for a showdown vote next week to show his numbers were fewer than 30.

Then Rudd would be sacked. Exposed and deposed. Humiliated.

Moreover, with Rudd trapped overseas on his duties, Gillard had another five days of calm to show she was back in charge. As a minister, Rudd could not even say how he would run Labor differently.

But then Rudd turned himself into a suicide bomber.

By quitting, he reclaimed mastery of his destiny, and became not the defeated but the aggrieved.

He has been careful in his plotting. No one can point to a single public comment and shout “disloyal” – which, of course, he is.

So-called Gillard allies weren’t half so smart. Regional Australia Minister Simon Crean, hoping to make himself the third option in Labor’s leadership fight, insulted Rudd outrageously – calling him disloyal, a prima donna, gutless. Another MP, Steve Gibbons, called him a “psychopath”.

And, as Rudd reminded TV viewers yesterday, these are the people who wrongly took from him the job of Prime Minister.

Did Gillard, their creation, now rebuke them for their public abuse of him? And so, said, Rudd, he had to quit his beloved job.

As a public pitch it was perfect, reinforcing perceptions of Gillard as a dishonest, untrustworthy schemer. Rudd now has nearly a week to speak openly about how he would lead.

Will Rudd now challenge? Almost certainly – or resign.

Will he win?

The numbers are not with him right now, but Rudd shocked waverers with his boldness. Everyone assumed he was the old Kevin, who never dared challenge unless sure to win.

Rudd tried to tell colleagues he’d changed – become softer and more consultative. But few guessed he’d changed quite this much and they will look again.

If enough do, Gillard is gone.

PDF: Rudd's resignation letter...

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a...ns_the_tables/

PS - Now its...(Let's play Pick-A-Psychopath)

Last edited by jackovesk; 22nd February 2012 at 14:24.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Bombshell: Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd Resigns, now for the Death Matc

and you push one domino and they all fall down xx great post jack and keep us all informed, blessed be aquamarine xx

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aquamarine For This Post:

jackovesk (22nd February 2012), sandy (22nd February 2012), sygh (26th February 2012), Tane Mahuta (26th February 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Default Re: Bombshell: Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd Resigns, now for the Death Matc

Click image for larger version

Name:	F'n KRudd.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	14110

My vote: NO F***ING WAY

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

jackovesk (25th February 2012), KiwiElf (25th February 2012), Mad Hatter (27th February 2012), Tane Mahuta (26th February 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 times in 838 posts

The sad thing is that Labor under gillard will destroy itself now. Liberal under Abbott.... Can you imagine him as PM? Only if you want corporate Australia running the the country. But then... I guess at least the Liberal party are more upfront about it and don't pretend that anyone else is pulling the strings.....

*sigh*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jcocks For This Post:

bluestflame (26th February 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jcocks (here)
    The sad thing is that Labor under gillard will destroy itself now. Liberal under Abbott.... Can you imagine him as PM? Only if you want corporate Australia running the the country. But then... I guess at least the Liberal party are more upfront about it and don't pretend that anyone else is pulling the strings.....

*sigh*
    Don't be surprised if KRudd gets the numbers on Monday, which I hope does'nt eventuate because I want to see JuLAIR's Labor Party & The Green's absolutely (DESTROYED) at the next election...

Quote Liberal under Abbott.... Can you imagine him as PM? Only if you want corporate Australia running the the country.
    Its going to be a lot worse than just that, you can also chuck in the British (Globalist NWO) Imperialism as well...

Having said, I don't want the Carbon Tax...Period..!

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,349 times in 1,707 posts

I told you Kev it was time to quiet. Thanks for listening for once.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Tane Mahuta (26th February 2012)

11. Link to Post #7
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    I told you Kev it was time to quiet. Thanks for listening for once.
    No Comprendez Amigo, Please Explain..?

12. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

I see the big threat as Tony Abbot - nuclear power in Australia.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

bluestflame (26th February 2012)

14. Link to Post #9
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

We already have at least two nuclear reactor generators in Australia, Pine Gap and the Anti-gravity research Centre in the Tanimi Desert and possibly three others. There are also at least ten nuclear missile silos as well as an arsenal of missiles in the Tanimi Desert as well. We already are a nuclear power although in partnership with US and GB.
    However, I am not advocating that we should have more nuclear reactor generators on earth as we are going to need the uranium for space travel and it should not be wasted. I would like to see all the missiles decommissioned if they have not been already. There is no place for them in the universe.
    Personally I do not like Tony Abbot as he has shown no vision of the future or what could be done about improving things on this planet, the same goes for most of the other polies.
    There are a whole host of other energy alternatives that can take their place but we are not allowed to develop them due to the action of the oil and coal cartels.
    We need politicians who know what is actually going on on this planet with a vision to change things for the better.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ks4ever For This Post:

bluestflame (26th February 2012), jcocks (26th February 2012), Mad Hatter (27th February 2012)

16. Link to Post #10
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ks4ever (here)
    We already have at least two nuclear reactor generators in Australia, Pine Gap and the Anti-gravity research Centre in the Tanimi Desert and possibly three others. There are also at least ten nuclear missile silos as well as an arsenal of missiles in the Tanimi Desert as well. We already are a nuclear power although in partnership with US and GB.
    However, I am not advocating that we should have more nuclear reactor generators on earth as we are going to need the uranium for space travel and it should not be wasted. I would like to see all the missiles decommissioned if they have not been already. There is no place for them in the universe.
    Personally I do not like Tony Abbot as he has shown no vision of the future or what could be done about improving things on this planet, the same goes for most of the other polies.
    There are a whole host of other energy alternatives that can take their place but we are not allowed to develop them due to the action of the oil and coal cartels.
    We need politicians who know what is actually going on on this planet with a vision to change things for the better.
    Do you have any good sources of information on these subjects? I've never heard of the anti-gravity research centre - Only about Pine Gapp.....

Didn't know about the nuclear reactors either (Pine Gapp isn't surprising though)....

In many ways you could say Australia is just one giant deep-black base for the yanks... We seem to have among the most switched-off population in the world. I doubt many Australians are involved in the really interesting stuff.....

There's so little information about what's really going on in Aus it's depressing

17. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Consider this scenario--- Rudd succeeds in toppling Gillard (unlikely thank heavens- but it could happen!) How smart would the Libs be to put in Turnbull, sitting there waiting his moment, ready to challenge? Many in the general community as well as the liberal Party prefer him to Abbott, AND- so do the disenchanted ALP voters who loathe Abbott. These people would, they say in polling, be attracted to Turnbull, as they say they hate Gillard so much.

We shall watch and wait-- there's at least 18 months to go if Gillard wins!

18. Link to Post #12
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    I see the big threat as Tony Abbot - nuclear power in Australia.
    My only comment on this, is they won't ever Soil the Future (NWO) Headquarters with Nuclear Power (Ever)..!

Not going to happen...

19. Link to Post #13
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

was shown something about the "land of milk and honey" refered to in some writings as non other than Australia

interestingly enough ( not unrelated) is our quarantine ability , we stil have our bees

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

jackovesk (26th February 2012), Mad Hatter (27th February 2012)

21. Link to Post #14
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ellisa (here)
    Consider this scenario--- Rudd succeeds in toppling Gillard (unlikely thank heavens- but it could happen!) How smart would the Libs be to put in Turnbull, sitting there waiting his moment, ready to challenge? Many in the general community as well as the liberal Party prefer him to Abbott, AND- so do the disenchanted ALP voters who loathe Abbott. These people would, they say in polling, be attracted to Turnbull, as they say they hate Gillard so much.

We shall watch and wait-- there's at least 18 months to go if Gillard wins!
    Hi Ellisa..

If you think Gillard, Abbott & Rudd's Leadership is of concern..?

Ex-Goldman Sachs employee Malcolm Turnbull is even more Dangerous than any one of them put together..!

Why you ask..?

JuLIAR Gillard - Has been (Exposed) and is unelectable come the next election.

Kevin Rudd - If successful on Monday many people have just been waiting silently to get their Democratic chance to (Throw) him out at the next election.

Tony Abbott - His Tenure as Leader is still on Shaky-Ground and (ONLY) eventuated because 10s of 1,000s of people said they would (NEVER) vote Liberal again if they suported the Carbon Tax. Period..!

Malcolm Turnbull - Finally we have the (SLYEST FOX) of them all who appeals both to the Left & Right who would take this Country down the Gurgler quicker than you can say (Central Banking Globalist SHILL)..!
    Last edited by jackovesk; 26th February 2012 at 03:48.

22. Link to Post #15
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,246 times in 853 posts

[QUOTE=jcocks;436239]
    Quote Posted by ks4ever (here)

In many ways you could say Australia is just one giant deep-black base for the yanks... We seem to have among the most switched-off population in the world. I doubt many Australians are involved in the really interesting stuff.....
    HEY NOW!!! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humanalien For This Post:

DoubleHelix (26th February 2012), Mad Hatter (27th February 2012)

24. Link to Post #16
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Sorry... I was not trying to be derogatory.... But then, you already know that

25. Link to Post #17
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

I agree jackovesk. Malcolm Turnbull is just letting it all work itself out whilst he waits. Remember he only lost the leadership ballot by one vote! Also I agree he would have powerful backing from other powerful quiet faceless men who would put the faceless men of the ALP into the shade--- However he is popular with people who are fed up with the, so-called by the media, mess of the ALP at the moment, and they would be happy to vote for him. He's like Ted Bailleau, and what a crock he has turned out to be.

I will be surprised if Tony Abbot is still Boss Dog at the next election. The same polls that show Julia Gillard as deeply unpopular also show that, faced with the question of who is preferred for PM, many people would put Abbot last, even after saying they would vote for the Libs. It is very unusual and puts the Libs in a dilemma too!.
    Last edited by Ellisa; 26th February 2012 at 06:07.

26. Link to Post #18
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

post removed by me...
    Last edited by jackovesk; 26th February 2012 at 17:49.

27. Link to Post #19
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

the only ideas i have are rough ones , i avoid politics much as i can

rockerfeller had his building complex over here , bill gates was up in cairns a few weeks ago checking up on his crop of GMO bananas

sure they have plans for australia
    Last edited by bluestflame; 26th February 2012 at 12:42.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Mad Hatter (27th February 2012)

29. Link to Post #20
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bluestflame (here)
    the only ideas i have are rough ones , i avoid politics much as i can

rockerfeller had his building complex over here , bill gates was up in cairns a few weeks ago checking up on his crop of GMO bananas

sure they have plans for australia
    More likely Bill Gates was catching up with his (SICK & TWISTED) CSIRO buddies on the release of (INFECTED) Mosquitos released in Australia...

Quote 2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation fund a number of projects under the Grand Challenges in Global Health (GCGH) initiative designed to achieve breakthroughs in global health issues. This includes using novel approaches to control human diseases transmitted by mosquitoes. An international project led by the University of Queensland is responsible for the development of a new biological approach for the control of dengue fever. Dengue is a viral disease which affects 50 - 100 million people annually and is primarily spread by the mosquito Aedes aegypti (L.). The proposed approach is to introduce strains of an intracellular endosymbiotic bacterium called Wolbachia into Ae. aegypti. Different strains of Wolbachia produce different effects in the mosquito including a direct blocking of virus transmission as well as reductions in the expected lifespan of the mosquito. Since only old mosquitoes transmit dengue viruses this reduction in lifespan is predicted to reduce dengue transmission. Wolbachia are also able to actively spread into insect populations without being infectious. They are transmitted between generations inside the eggs of the mosquito and invade mosquito populations by inhibiting reproduction of females that do not carry Wolbachia when mated by Wolbachia infected males by a phenomenon known as cytoplasmic incompatibility (CI). This is viewed as a biological control programme with the expectation that the Wolbachia Ae. aegypti will be self sustaining after the inoculative release and the beneficial characteristics will be driven into the Australia Ae. aegypti populations by the CI mechanism.

A trial Australian release of Wolbachia infected Ae. aegypti has been proposed for the 2010 wet season prior to releases in Thailand and Vietnam. Because of the novel nature of this project, the CSIRO was requested to undertake an independent risk analysis to evaluate the hazards associated with the release. The risk analysis was evaluated against the end point (adverse hazard which we do not want to occur) that the proposed release would result in more harm than that expected to be caused by naturally occurring Ae. aegypti (‘Cause More Harm’). The risk of this event occurring was estimated with a time frame of 30 years.
    http://eliminatedengue.com/LinkClick...%3D&tabid=3911

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast