Thread: US Woman left brain dead after being tasered while handcuffed

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Little Ishta's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 times in 227 posts

Default Re: US Woman left brain dead after being tasered while handcuffed

I for one wish they would get rid of the tasers. It does more harm than good. The cop in question is not smart... tasering someone who has handcuffs on is not a bright idea. Can imagine what the voltage was like.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Ishta For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), TargeT (23rd February 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

I hope her family sues the crap out of him and the police dept....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), meeradas (23rd February 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Little Ishta (here)
    I for one wish they would get rid of the tasers. It does more harm than good. The cop in question is not smart... tasering someone who has handcuffs on is not a bright idea. Can imagine what the voltage was like.
    its actually not that bad, I'd rather be tazed than peppersprayed any day (but I react badly to OC) its over quick and not overly painful; BUT:

the problem I see is that a tazer is like a temporary "off switch" for humans,, you can immedately shut someone down with little or no effort & this example is a perfect one, because once you have the power to do that you WILL exersize it... It's a part of the psycosis that is humanity (currently in our un-empathetic world).

This is not the first nor will it be the last incident.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012)

7. Link to Post #24

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    Cannot watch
    I can't watch it either meeradas.

Love

Nora

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), meeradas (23rd February 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    Canada Avalon Member Little Ishta's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 times in 227 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    its actually not that bad, I'd rather be tazed than peppersprayed any day (but I react badly to OC) its over quick and not overly painful; BUT:

the problem I see is that a tazer is like a temporary "off switch" for humans,, you can immedately shut someone down with little or no effort & this example is a perfect one, because once you have the power to do that you WILL exersize it... It's a part of the psycosis that is humanity (currently in our un-empathetic world).

This is not the first nor will it be the last incident.
    Well, lets put it this way, I do not want to be "shut down" or pepper sprayed. I like to be in control of my body. Once again its all about control... tsk tsk.
    Sadly but true it is not the first nor will it be the last incident.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ishta For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), TargeT (23rd February 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Well, lets put it this way, I do not want to be "shut down" or pepper sprayed. I like to be in control of my body. Once again its all about control... tsk tsk.
    Sadly but true it is not the first nor will it be the last incident.
    Everything can be traced back to Ego... if we could just collectively confront & overcome ego the world would instantly change... but ego is not an easy fish to catch... (watch the movie REVOLVER (2005) if you haven't.. it illistrates this point beautifully).

If people would quit externalizing their own power police would quickly be seen as a waste of money..... of course so would laywers & the court systems...

There only needs to be Two laws:

Do everything you agree to do (the basis of all contract law)

Do not infringe on others or their property (the basis of all criminal law)

These two laws are THOUSANDS of years old and usualy reffered to as "common law".... Common Law is constitutionaly the law that should be dictating every one in the US... we just got tricked into signing contracts that make the UCC applicable to us (among other various legal trickery...)
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), hohoemi (27th February 2012), Little Ishta (23rd February 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Agreed.

In this case the damage done is blamed on the fall (which is quite possible in this case) but as evidence clearly shows there have been many deaths immediately following taser use. Of course, collusion reigns supreme and that is never listed as the "cause of death" in an official capacity.

Shifting gears just a bit ... posted one recently on the DHS approval and roll-out of the *armed* very small drones to be used domestically in America. Has a grenade launcher but more on topic they are also armed with tasers. The option to "run down" or "handcuff" will not be available when/if that plan goes active. One has to wonder how that would work. Is it simply going to hover above an alleged "terrorist" and continue to tase them every few minutes until police arrive???

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...kies-near-you-...

Last edited by Calz; 23rd February 2012 at 22:21.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Little Ishta (26th February 2012), TargeT (23rd February 2012)

15. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Quote Posted by viking (here)
    I'm afraid if I took personal responsibility, I'd be locked up inside... They'll be taken care of one way or another...
    I say, until one stops giving "them" the authority, then one may just find themselves on their knees at "their" mercy. There is more of the population then there is of "them" and with numbers alone the population can do what needs to be done - for when one stands alone "doom" will be. You say, "They'll be taken care of.." - by whom, how and when, for is this not what those (generations) before (and some/many now) had said with "hope"!?

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Some of you may say WTF..? KA is right, America do something for Christ's sake (DO ANYTHING)..! It might be you or a member of your family (NEXT)..! Enough Already..!
    If I may add...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), Eric J (Viking) (24th February 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

Quote Posted by king anthony (here)
    I'm afraid if I took personal responsibility, I'd be locked up inside... They'll be taken care of one way or another...
    I say, until one stops giving "them" the authority, then one may just find themselves on their knees at "their" mercy. There is more of the population then there is of "them" and with numbers alone the population can do what needs to be done - for when one stands alone "doom" will be. You say, "They'll be taken care of.." - by whom, how and when, for is this not what those (generations) before (and some/many now) had said with "hope"!?

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Some of you may say WTF..? KA is right, America do something for Christ's sake (DO ANYTHING)..! It might be you or a member of your family (NEXT)..! Enough Already..!
    If I may add...

I understand how you feel Anthony...and why...

Yes we have given them authority....but alas we never knew the rules...they have been very clever in their control mechanism...however...

Something tells me are approaching the end of a cycle...the end result will not be as previous times...the 'wheat will be separated from the chaff' ...

They will be taken care of

viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), king anthony (23rd February 2012)

19. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I understand how you feel Anthony...and why... Yes we have given them authority....but alas we never knew the rules...they have been very clever in their control mechanism...however... Something tells me are approaching the end of a cycle...the end result will not be as previous times...the 'wheat will be separated from the chaff'... They will be taken care of
    If you understand the words I say, then you would not say how I feel, for my words do not reflect any emotions (feelings). What one knew before knowing they were a "resource" matters not, for what is known now allows one to make an informed decision to do what is needed.

To rely on the ending of a cycle, differs not to waiting for "some other" to "save" all. I say, if human beings cannot be heard as one voice now, then the cycle that has been will be again - for the said is needed in order to end the cycle that has been and in order to be able to do this in the great abyss, human beings must first learn how to do this with "earthly" things.

I am not attacking you - I am simply being clear.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), Eric J (Viking) (24th February 2012)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

I understand how you feel Anthony...and why... Yes we have given them authority....but alas we never knew the rules...they have been very clever in their control mechanism...however... Something tells me are approaching the end of a cycle...the end result will not be as previous times...the 'wheat will be separated from the chaff'... They will be taken care of
    If you understand the words I say, then you would not say how I feel, for my words do not reflect any emotions (feelings). What one knew before knowing they were a "resource" matters not, for what is known now allows one to make an informed decision to do what is needed.

To rely on the ending of a cycle, differs not to waiting for "some other" to "save" all. I say, if human beings cannot be heard as one voice now, then the cycle that has been will be again - for the said is needed in order to end the cycle that has been and in order to be able to do this in the great abyss, human beings must first learn how to do this with "earthly" things.

I am not attacking you - I am simply being clear.
    I know you are not attacking me Anthony...please do not think I am adopting that mindset...

There are many cycles within one big cycle...we are nearing the end of that one big cycle.

Have 'faith' ...

viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), king anthony (23rd February 2012)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Must be his mind parasites. I've noticed it too. It's getting to where I can look at his avitar now, and see something is "jack nicholson "shining" mentality. I don't know if it's parasites, but something is up besides purging.

24. Link to Post #33
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

There are many cycles within one big cycle...we are nearing the end of that one big cycle. Have 'faith'...
    Is say, there is one cycle that has been for humanity from the time of their being and this is the "why" human beings are - something most cannot accept. This is the cycle that should be the concern; however, the feel-good that is for most does not allow most to see beyond this. This is not about (the fiction) "faith" - it is about what is.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (24th February 2012)

26. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

I would say that a civil suit could claim that cops income for the rest of his life.

Tasers were not intended to kill and Im sure that wasn't his intent.
    But he could have stopped her easily without.

What can one say?
    Pigs will be pigs.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), modwiz (23rd February 2012)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

If Repubicans get in again, it will be like Terminator and cybernet or cyberdine?

29. Link to Post #36
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    If Repubicans get in again, it will be like Terminator and cybernet or cyberdine?
    It does not matter who one votes for, for the (corporate) government will always appear to be in power.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2012), TargeT (23rd February 2012)

31. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    It does not matter who one votes for, for the (corporate) government will always appear to be in power.
    Well, it might hurt slightly more if you get punched by the right hand vrs the left hand... but either way your getting punched (haha).
    Where are you?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2012), king anthony (24th February 2012)

33. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member PixieDust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 times in 212 posts

I see this as a video that went viral to prove how "cruel" cops are.

It was an accident. The cop was doing his job taking in a criminal on a couple hit and run incidents. A hit and run could be several things, what if she had injured people in those hit and runs? The article also mentioned she was on two severe drugs, oxycodone and cocaine... those could have been variables to her current condition. Speculation of course, but she was in the wrong.

did she deserve a vegetative state? no.

Could the cop had chosen a different way to restrain her? Yes. But he chose the taser because he was worried about his weight crushing her. How was he suppose to know shed flop over backwards. Most videos i see of people getting tasered just shake around and fall over, they typically don't do a half spin in mid air.

I just don't like that people automatically take her side and make her out to be an innocent little kitten and the cop this horrible blood thirsty beast.

Immediately everyone goes against cops that they're evil and out to hurt everyone. Instead try looking at it for what it is.

Its a human error that ended in a horrible accident. theres no hidden agenda or a political outcry.

call me insensitive but thats my opinion. Worst things happen everyday.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to PixieDust For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2012)

35. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PixieDust (here)

It was an accident.
    this is infering that using highvoltage weaponry against citizens (INNOCENT UNTILL PROVEN OTHERWISE) is ok...

he chose the taser because he was worried about his weight crushing her. How was he suppose to know shed flop over backwards. Most videos i see of people getting tasered just shake around and fall over, they typically don't do a half spin in mid air.
    Immediately everyone goes against cops that they're evil and out to hurt everyone. Instead try looking at it for what it is.
    What half spin? she fell sideways because of her stride... seriously.. have you been tazed before? I have twice........

of course not all cops are bad, but people are always people, and NO PERSON GETS THE RIGHT TO DO THIS TO ANOTHER PERSON... EVER.

if it is in defense of life or limb, that is different, this FAT COP (and thats why he tazed her I guarente it look at his body language....) did not have to do this and had no reason that I could see. I have to stay in shape for my job... this guy should too & he wouldn't have to "tackle" her, she was already in cuffs!

Its a human error that ended in a horrible accident. theres no hidden agenda or a political outcry.

I don't think there was a hidden agenda (thoguh giving one random person this kind of power over another person is kind of an agenda on it's own...) & it was an accident, we shouldn't demonize police because of this..

We should demonize them because of the very concept of a person who has the ability to exersize lethal force at will or even less than lethal force in a lackadaisical manor like this individual is what we should be up in arms about....
    Where are you?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2012), PixieDust (24th February 2012)

37. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member PixieDust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 times in 212 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

It was an accident.
    this is infering that using highvoltage weaponry against citizens (INNOCENT UNTILL PROVEN OTHERWISE) is ok...

he chose the taser because he was worried about his weight crushing her. How was he suppose to know shed flop over backwards. Most videos i see of people getting tasered just shake around and fall over, they typically don't do a half spin in mid air.
    What half spin? she fell sideways because of her stride... seriously.. have you been tazed before? I have twice........

of course not all cops are bad, but people are always people, and NO PERSON GETS THE RIGHT TO DO THIS TO ANOTHER PERSON... EVER.

if it is in defense of life or limb, that is different, this FAT COP (and thats why he tazed her I guarente it look at his body language....) did not have to do this and had no reason that I could see. I have to stay in shape for my job... this guy should too & he wouldn't have to "tackle" her, she was already in cuffs!

I don't think there was a hidden agenda (thoguh giving one random person this kind of power over another person is kind of an agenda on it's own...) & it was an accident, we shouldn't demonize police because of this..

We should demonize them because of the very concept of a person who has the ability to exersize lethal force at will or even less than lethal force in a lackadaisical manor like this individual is what we should be up in arms about....

I think using high voltage in some instances is a lot better than a bullet or beating someone.

I saw this video, i think a week ago, so i remember the fall being more dramatic after re-watching so thank you for the clarification on her fall. No, I haven't been tased, which could make my above statement invalid. If a cop was coming after me and gave me an option... being shot, tased or beaten until surrender i think I'd choose the electricity. But like i said i dont know what that would feel like, just like i wouldn't know what any of them would feel like.

I can't defend a debate of tasers vs no tasers because i dont have enough valid information on one view or the other. In this instance the cops purpose was not to kill her or destroy her brain so this particular video wouldnt be able to prove anything except "unexpected happenings"

I agree the majority of cops are fat and lazy and it should be mandatory for them to stay fit and healthy and constant training like our military. But then would the police for be too militarized?

As far as police brutality goes, I think a lot of times it gets blown out of proportion and too many fingers get pointed at the cops. Cops, as humans, are going to be more likely to draw a weapon of any kind before endangering their body. If you don't like that then arm yourself or dont break the law...

am i saying all cases of police brutality are over dramatized....no....im sure some police go power crazy and take out their anger and issues on a human. and that is not right.

what about when the criminal wins? kills or puts a cop in intensive care? that doesnt go viral. it gets MAYBE a 2 minute story on the local news.

What if this was two civilians? would it change the atmosphere of the video? was it just that it was cop vs civilian? or that she was handcuffed? would the force of the tase be so much she wouldnt have been able to stop herself even if her hands were free?

overall, no matter how this goes, i appreciate the reply and the 'disagreement'. it makes ya think more

peace

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PixieDust For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2012), TargeT (25th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast