+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: US Woman left brain dead after being tasered while handcuffed

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Default Re: US Woman left brain dead after being tasered while handcuffed

Another under similar cirumstances. Woman handcuffed but this time in a police station surrounded by cops. Cops try to get woman to go into another area and the woman gets angry that it is the male (and not the female) officer who is using physical contact wherein a 3rd cop enters the room and tases the lady in the back and she falls back and strikes her head on the floor.

The point is really tasers were meant as a safer method to use rather than guns which is fine as long as that remains the criteria for usage.

So many times they are now being used simply because the cop wants a totally submissive response and uses his/her taser on people for simply emotional responses that are in no way threatening.

One that went somewhat viral was a 72 year old granda tased after refusing to sign a ticket on a routine traffic stop. Yes she was raising a fuss verbally but could not possibly have been a physical threat to the much bigger, stronger and younger officer.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (24th February 2012), PixieDust (24th February 2012), TargeT (25th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Another under similar cirumstances. Woman handcuffed but this time in a police station surrounded by cops. Cops try to get woman to go into another area and the woman gets angry that it is the male (and not the female) officer who is using physical contact wherein a 3rd cop enters the room and tases the lady in the back and she falls back and strikes her head on the floor.

The point is really tasers were meant as a safer method to use rather than guns which is fine as long as that remains the criteria for usage.

So many times they are now being used simply because the cop wants a totally submissive response and uses his/her taser on people for simply emotional responses that are in no way threatening.

One that went somewhat viral was a 72 year old granda tased after refusing to sign a ticket on a routine traffic stop. Yes she was raising a fuss verbally but could not possibly have been a physical threat to the much bigger, stronger and younger officer.

Wow, thats just so wrong, unbelievable, the female officer didnt even offer to take over and comfort the lady and handle the case, seems like common sense to me. The cop said get up, i can hear you breathing, disgusting, i hear at least one overdose a month still breathing, this doesnt mean everything is just peaches. Yechh.

4. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

Quote Posted by king anthony (here)
    Quote Posted by viking (here)
    There are many cycles within one big cycle...we are nearing the end of that one big cycle. Have 'faith'...
    Is say, there is one cycle that has been for humanity from the time of their being and this is the "why" human beings are - something most cannot accept. This is the cycle that should be the concern; however, the feel-good that is for most does not allow most to see beyond this. This is not about (the fiction) "faith" - it is about what is.
    Yes this is true ... But do not underestimate good old 'faith' ... 'what is' has come about because we have let our consciousness to be controlled to the extent that we are all zombies going around in circles...slowly people are becomming aware that ultimately we have the power to create our own reality, and not adopt the mind set that 'they' would like us to...thus creating a different outcome.

Having 'faith' is a powerful tool to overcome the present mode of existance.

viking
    Last edited by Eric J (Viking); 24th February 2012 at 13:34.
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2012)

6. Link to Post #44
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 times in 885 posts

For me, it is the lack of response by the officers AFTER these incidents. They don't appear to be particularly concerned about any possible injury that may have occurred.

I find that really chilling.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2012), king anthony (24th February 2012), TargeT (25th February 2012)

8. Link to Post #45
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Quote Posted by Tarka the Duck (here)
    ...They don't appear to be particularly concerned about any possible injury that may have occurred...
    Corporations are sociopathic = those who control corporations are sociopathic = governments are corporations = thus, is it possible that those who work for corporations (for example, enforce policy) are also sociopathic!?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2012), TargeT (25th February 2012), Tarka the Duck (24th February 2012)

10. Link to Post #46
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

That's the training cops get. The responsability is his but more so the system's. It's sad and barbaric. By running she gave him the excuse he needed, according to the system's training. They don't think, the're programed to act in automatic pilot. They're brain washed. That's an example of what's coming.
    Last edited by Camilo; 26th February 2012 at 15:25.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Calz (26th February 2012), PixieDust (24th February 2012), TargeT (25th February 2012)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by PixieDust (here)

I think using high voltage in some instances is a lot better than a bullet or beating someone.

I saw this video, i think a week ago, so i remember the fall being more dramatic after re-watching so thank you for the clarification on her fall. No, I haven't been tased, which could make my above statement invalid. If a cop was coming after me and gave me an option... being shot, tased or beaten until surrender i think I'd choose the electricity. But like i said i dont know what that would feel like, just like i wouldn't know what any of them would feel like.
    There is pain involved, but its very brief and not bad at all, you are correct in your choice for sure (though if you put peperspray in the mix I personaly would rather be shot than pepersprayed in the eyes (which I've had done before too, for training ))

I can't defend a debate of tasers vs no tasers because i dont have enough valid information on one view or the other. In this instance the cops purpose was not to kill her or destroy her brain so this particular video wouldnt be able to prove anything except "unexpected happenings"

I agree the majority of cops are fat and lazy and it should be mandatory for them to stay fit and healthy and constant training like our military. But then would the police for be too militarized?
    I'm trying to twist the debate away from the "menutia" and to the larger topic of how do police have a right to do something that (in most cases) I do not have? this isn't how our republic is supose to work.

Tasers are a good option but the amount of PURE POWER it gives someone over another is a touch rediculous & police are starting to remind me of "Judge Dread" these days.

The militarization of police is already here, SWAT teams have better gear than our Army Rangers & act just as agressively.

As far as police brutality goes, I think a lot of times it gets blown out of proportion and too many fingers get pointed at the cops. Cops, as humans, are going to be more likely to draw a weapon of any kind before endangering their body. If you don't like that then arm yourself or dont break the law...
    I'm always armed, but I don't have the right to act like police do.. I would never harm someone unless it was the ABSOLUTE last option I had... watching this video I did not see that as the case, she was tazed because he didn't want to run; I'm pretty good at reading people and I bet this guy is his own jury (if he has any empathy at all).

Police are just human, I think the problem isn't in the people doing the job, its the fact that they have hte job at all in the first place. police are NOT needed... at all.

am i saying all cases of police brutality are over dramatized....no....im sure some police go power crazy and take out their anger and issues on a human. and that is not right.

what about when the criminal wins? kills or puts a cop in intensive care? that doesnt go viral. it gets MAYBE a 2 minute story on the local news.
    What about the victom of crimes? why don't you care about them? they ALWAYS LOOSE!

This "justice" system is a farce, there is NO justice what so ever.. if you break into my house, trash it and get arrested not only is my house still trashed, but I now have to pay for YOU to get a nice warm place to sleep with an Xbox and as much phone time as you want.... this is justice? the victim is DOUBLE hit and the offender never "pays them back".

How does a criminal owe a "debt to society" that is the most socalistic statement I've ever heard.. the criminal owes a debt to the VICTIM!

What if this was two civilians? would it change the atmosphere of the video? was it just that it was cop vs civilian? or that she was handcuffed? would the force of the tase be so much she wouldnt have been able to stop herself even if her hands were free?

overall, no matter how this goes, i appreciate the reply and the 'disagreement'. it makes ya think more

peace
    I think two civilians would absolutely change the video & its peoples response to it, there would be much less anger at a group of people with VASTLY more power (COPS) than the rest of "us".

if her hands were free of cuffs she would hadn't have had the ability to catch her self.. Tazing on a hard surface is NOT DONE in training for reasons just like this.. I personally think the cop should be held for neglegent assault (or something) you KNOW what a tazer will do when you use one (as we have to be tazed to experience it in training) so you KNOW what could happen on pavement or concrete.. I don't excuse him at all especially after viewing the video.. I hope his ego is beating him up badly right now, he deserves it.

but again, I see this as less about the particular incident and more of an over arching problem.

Thanks for the replies as well, responding to stuff like this helps me refine my own thoughts and see where I stand (writing is the mirror to the soul).
    Last edited by TargeT; 25th February 2012 at 00:30.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Calz (26th February 2012), PixieDust (25th February 2012)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

The human body, or how people integrate with a human body, is that their sum total living experience is that, if impacted, a human body falls under some modicum of control.

Thing that is not entering the minds of those who use tasers is that the modicum of control of a fall exhibited by the human body's learned and autonomous balance/action systems is removed when a taser is used.

Thus falls... when tasered are far, far more dangerous.

For example, even in films, the most recent example being that of the avatar's being disconnected from the occupant in the film 'avatar'. The bodies fall so nice and gracefully..safely.

Not so in the real world.

When the occupant of the body and the body itself are incapacitated, the odds of a very critical or damaging head strike in a fall..these odds increase dramatically. from as low as a few percent chance to a easy 50% chance of damage.

When she was hit, she may as well of had a inflated soft melon on the end of a stick for a body and head, as well as being accelerated into the fall.

I BELIEVE that this information, as a known problem IS USED IN TRAINING regarding the use of tasers.

As a matter of fact, when you see people being trained in the use of tasers (youtube videos), you see this point of information being used in the training. they use mats for falling and the area is made safe regarding potential head strikes and other potential damage from the given totally uncontrolled fall. Other officers even help them to the floor.... so they don't smack their heads on their nice comfotable gym type training and falling mats.

Regarding the clearing of this officer with regard not knowing the consequences of using a taser in this manner, I'm sure he was trained about the potentials of damage from head strikes.

Thus, IMO, a line of taking this tactic in a legal attack on police over-use of tasers, regarding lawsuits that force more strict protocols..this would be the kind of legal direction to go in.

Insofar as the police officer in the OP video, this tactic can be used to legally force him out of a job and into prosecution for aggravated assault or similar. Something that moves toward shutting down the over use of the taser with that particular police force and sends a clear message to police that this is not going to become the norm that it is right now in the US.

One cannot predict exactly how the given taser shot is going to affect the given person's nervous system, regarding potential for head strikes, thus the use of the tasers has to be far more controlled.

The use of tasers by police needs to be federally and legally moved over to the area, level and way of investigation that involves the firing of a gun in the line of duty and to the level of seriousness that such an act is treated. for the dangers of their use has been shown to be every bit as dangerous as the given officers firing weapons. This last point is due to their incredible amount of incidental and frivolous use and abuse.

The use of a taser in the line of duty, by a police officer needs to be as legally complex (and threatening to the officer's life and future) as the use of a gun. That particular 'report status' and 'investigation' for the firing of a weapon in the line of duty is there for the expressed reason that firing of guns can be and is an area where officers/police can and do get into frivolous and specious levels of animalistic abuse of the public and the citizens of the given jurisdiction.

Only then will this 'wild west' of taser abuse begin to come to an end and enter some minimal form of responsibility.
    Last edited by Carmody; 25th February 2012 at 19:25.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Calz (26th February 2012), hohoemi (27th February 2012)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Tarka the Duck (here)
    For me, it is the lack of response by the officers AFTER these incidents. They don't appear to be particularly concerned about any possible injury that may have occurred.

I find that really chilling.

this is America stepping into a conservative or low empathy 'us vs them' kind of 'corporate fascism'. this, regardind the public signs of such. it has been going on for quite some time, though. Obviously. the last signs are always the public ones as the moves are mostly hidden from the masses.

Any attack on police powers is being heavily censured or sidelined, in all ways at all levels.

Local city, state, and federal police and enforcement officers are being given a clear green signal (in all ways) by an oligarchy that is concerned with staying on top at all costs.

what you are seeing right now is in, some fundamental ways, equitable tot he over extention of Rome that brought about it's downfall.

In this case, we are not interested in just the flow and the fallout, but we are interested in the players behind the scenes, for it is their influence that must be dealt with here, when observing any issues at hand, like this specific taser issue.

the fault lies not with the officer as a sum total, the situational parameters where brought about by a criminal cabal, a hidden fascist oligarchy.

It is fundamental and critical to use such goggles as this, when viewing any of the nightmare situations that this world my appear to be in.

When you look at this hidden fascist oligarchy (their current fitting descriptor), you find their hand in almost any given situation of world issues that has appeared in any point in human history.

So it is not just a simple taser issue, it is a issue brought about by a hidden cabal that has operated for as long as anyone can remember or that we have record for.

Keep your eyes and mind on the real origins of this issue.....
    Last edited by Carmody; 25th February 2012 at 19:42.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Calz (26th February 2012), hohoemi (27th February 2012), JRS (29th February 2012)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

I was just thinking that if this cop had any kind of integrity, he should be feeling like a scumbag for harming this woman.... He's walking around in good health, but not her....

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Calz (26th February 2012)

20. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by Camilo (here)
    That's the training cops get. The responsability is his but more so the system's. It's sad and barbaric. By running she gave him the excuse he needed, according to the system's training. They don't think, the're program d to act in automatic pilot. They're brain washed. That's an example of what's coming.
    Isn't there a certain degree of "social profiling" that goes into the initial hiring process as well???

Bar is "set low" so to speak at least in some areas. Could be localized and not a national standard. I don't know that much about it ... just seen a few articles.

21. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

Seems to me that this guy just didn't want to have to run after a handcuffed woman. I mean, he looks as though he ate a few too many donuts...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Calz (26th February 2012)

23. Link to Post #53
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Isn't there a certain degree of "social profiling" that goes into the initial hiring process as well...
    Yes they do...

Corporations are sociopathic = those who control corporations are sociopathic = governments are corporations = thus, is it possible that those who work for corporations (for example, enforce policy) are also sociopathic!?

...I'm sure I said this before... here.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Calz (26th February 2012), Maia Gabrial (26th February 2012)

25. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Definately overuse of force, much smaller girl running away, hand-cuffed, and within arms reach to grab, I can see what TargeT is saying about his bodylanguage, it's just very lazy as if he couldn't be bothered..

Anyway, i googled his name and found a site that tracks police brutality/corruption issues - http://toxiccops.com/home/ , I suggest everyone check it out, it's updated regularly and the more traffic and exposure this site gets the better.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnBlues For This Post:

Calz (27th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3