+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: US Woman left brain dead after being tasered while handcuffed

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Default US Woman left brain dead after being tasered while handcuffed

This sh!t is so very wrong. Cop was right there ... how fast can a woman run while handcuffed (... err ... will spare the donuts impaired speed of the persuit).

This video showing cop tasering handcuffed girl helped clear 267-pound Trooper Daniel Cole of wrongdoing and have released this disturbing dash cam video that captured him tasing a 100 pound, 20 year old handcuffed girl in the back as she fled.
    The Florida Department of Law Enforcement determined Trooper Daniel Cole's "use of force" was justified when he tased the woman last September at the FHP Pinellas Park Substation and cleared him of wrongdoing.

The fleeing woman, Danielle Maudsley, 20, suffered severe brain damage after hitting her head on the concrete and has been in a persistent vegetative state ever since.

The video shows Maudsley fleeing a back door of the substation with Cole following closely behind.

Maudsley was arrested for her alleged involvement in two hit-and-run crashes and driving without a license.

Cole brought Maudsley to the substation to complete his paperwork before taking her to the Pinellas County Jail, according to FHP reports.

As she enters the parking lot, Cole deploys his taser and Maudsley hits the ground hard, with her head slamming into the asphalt.

"What were you thinking? What are you, stupid?," Cole can be heard asking Maudsley on the video.
    "I can't get up," said Maudsley.
    "I don't want you to get up," said Cole.
    "I can't get up," Maudsley said again. The last words Maudsley has spoken since being tasered.

On the video, Maudsley loses consciousness about two minutes after hitting her head.
    Maudsley's mother said the trooper should have used other means to stop her daughter from fleeing.
    "He was right behind her. He could've reached out," Maudsley said. "It was unnecessary."
    The mother hired defense attorney Kevin Haylsett, who put FHP on notice for a lawsuit.

Hayslett said Cole violated FHP's taser policy which states:
    "Fleeing cannot be the sole reason for the deployment."
    "When you shoot someone in the back, and they're running away, all that force -- as you saw when Danielle's head hit the concrete -- that's why they don't allow you to do that, because you can have horrible tragedies like this," Hayslett said.

With any rule, there is an exception.

An Office of Inspector General Investigation Unit report states: "Although the FHP policy on Electronic Control Devices states that a member should not use the device on a handcuffed prisoner, it also provides that there may be situations that conflict with this policy."

The report goes on to state: "In this situation, Maudsley ... removed one of her handcuffs while in the back of Cole's patrol car, and moved her handcuffs from behind her back, to in front of her body, as she attempted to flee the FHP Station. In addition, Maudsley was running towards US Highway 19 which is a high volume road."

According to the report, Maudsley had oxycodone and cocaine in her system at the time.

"The Florida Department of Law Enforcement conducted an independent review of the incident," FHP spokesperson Sgt. Steve Gaskins said. "Their investigation found that the trooper's actions were legal and within the scope of his duties."

"He would've been better off to use his nightstick on her than he would a taser," Hayslett said.

The attorney also pointed out that Maudsley only weighs about 100 pounds.

In the report, Cole said he chose to use the taser because he "felt she was more susceptible to being injured if he attempted to tackle her." Cole weighs approximately 267 pounds.

Hayslett called the dash cam video disturbing. "It's one of those videos -- when you see it and you watch her head hit the pavement -- that it's hard to get those images out of your head," he said.

Maudsley's mom said her daughter's prognosis is not good. She is likely to remain in a vegetative state.

Maudsley is now in a Ft. Lauderdale rehab center that specializes in severe brain injuries.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (23rd February 2012), Bryn ap Gwilym (23rd February 2012), ceetee9 (23rd February 2012), CeltMan (23rd February 2012), Cjay (23rd February 2012), crosby (23rd February 2012), Eric J (Viking) (23rd February 2012), frances (23rd February 2012), Heart-2-Heart (23rd February 2012), Intranuclear (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), Jenci (23rd February 2012), king anthony (23rd February 2012), Lisab (23rd February 2012), Maia Gabrial (23rd February 2012), meeradas (23rd February 2012), PHARAOH (24th February 2012), pugwash84 (23rd February 2012), Realeyes (24th February 2012), Referee (23rd February 2012), Ria (23rd February 2012), Semnyi (26th February 2012), toothpick (24th February 2012), unicorny (23rd February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,796 times in 2,657 posts

Default Re: US Woman left brain dead after being tasered while handcuffed

very sad indeed. makes me cry.
    corson

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Bryn ap Gwilym (23rd February 2012), Calz (23rd February 2012), frances (23rd February 2012), Heart-2-Heart (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), king anthony (23rd February 2012), Lisab (23rd February 2012), meeradas (23rd February 2012), Realeyes (24th February 2012), Referee (23rd February 2012), Ria (23rd February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 499 posts

What a waste of a beautiful life.
    Its high time that folk done something, because all this love 'n' light & forgiveness to is killing people.
    Inscription on The Washington Monument -

Fy iaith, fy ngwlad, fy nghenedl Cymru — Cymru am byth (My language, my land, my nation of Wales — Wales for ever)...

Dweud y gwir - Tell the truth

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bryn ap Gwilym For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), crosby (23rd February 2012), DoubleHelix (23rd February 2012), frances (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), Lisab (23rd February 2012), meeradas (23rd February 2012), Referee (23rd February 2012), Ria (23rd February 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 752 posts

Question;
    If enough of us here sent healing to help the neurons in her brain to heal.
    or
    Is this a lesson for the police officer to experience.
    or
    Is this to mobilize public out cry.
    or
    If she was healed, would this nullify all concerns for using Taseres.
    or
    Could it be argued that there had been an agreement with the young lady's higher self for the experience.

Personally this is hell for her family and for all to be living in this insanity.
    Collectively how do we come together to heal every thing?
    How much do we wont to?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Post:

Adi (23rd February 2012), Calz (23rd February 2012), ceetee9 (23rd February 2012), Herbert (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), Lisab (23rd February 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 times in 463 posts

What ever reason she was running, was not enough reason to kill her. That is vile, they want people to be scared of the police as people are easier to control then. What a great loss of a beautiful young lady. This is what is wrong with the world. Humans with a lack of humanity. So sad. They said hundreds are killed from those weapons, you would think they would stop using them after reports of a couple of deaths, this is so sad.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pugwash84 For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), Lisab (23rd February 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Cannot watch

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), king anthony (23rd February 2012), Lisab (23rd February 2012), modwiz (23rd February 2012), Ol' Roy (26th February 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,081 times in 3,096 posts

Bloody well tragic...

Its at times like this when I think, let Gaia rip and shake of all the unwanted infested piles of crap ...

Start afresh ...

viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), Intranuclear (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), Lisab (23rd February 2012), meeradas (23rd February 2012), Ontarioguy (24th February 2012), Ria (23rd February 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Intranuclear's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 times in 360 posts

Blood boiling!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Intranuclear For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), king anthony (23rd February 2012), Lisab (23rd February 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,320 times in 902 posts

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    This sh!t is so very wrong. Cop was right there ... how fast can a woman run while handcuffed (... err ... will spare the donuts impaired speed of the persuit).
    I say, these things are for the population allows it...

Quote Posted by corson (here)
    very sad indeed. makes me cry
    ...and then what (said with understanding)...

Quote Posted by Bryn ap Gwilym (here)
    Its high time that folk done something, because all this love 'n' light & forgiveness to is killing people.
    ...well said...

Quote Posted by Ria (here)
    How much do we wont to?
    ...to let go of feel-good and stop the issues at the sources; "want" appears little when many/most fear of doing what can be done...

Quote Posted by pugwash84 (here)
    ...you would think they would stop using them after reports of...
    ...things are as wanted (by "the few") and accepted (by the masses); if the (corporate) world is being run by sociopaths (example and example) then what of "the few's" minions... are they sociopathic as well... have thought and ask, are they...

Quote Posted by viking (here)
    ...when I think, let Gaia rip and shake of all...
    ...an example of diverting responsibility and such with the feel-good of having "another" do with rescue, even seeking those things which Natural Law has no authority over.

Quote @ ALL
    I say, although I quote those who took the time to post, my comments are not directed at them as I have used their comments to highlight a general point - in part, the words being something common with most.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), DoubleHelix (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), modwiz (23rd February 2012), Ontarioguy (24th February 2012), Reirrac (23rd February 2012), Ria (24th February 2012), Sierra (23rd February 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by king anthony (here)
    Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    I say, these things are for the population allows it...

Quote Posted by corson (here)
    very sad indeed. makes me cry
    ...and then what (said with understanding)...

Quote Posted by Bryn ap Gwilym (here)
    ...well said...

Quote Posted by Ria (here)
    How much do we wont to?
    ...to let go of feel-good and stop the issues at the sources; "want" appears little when many/most fear of doing what can be done...

Quote Posted by pugwash84 (here)
    ...you would think they would stop using them after reports of...
    ...things are as wanted (by "the few") and accepted (by the masses); if the (corporate) world is being run by sociopaths (example and example) then what of "the few's" minions... are they sociopathic as well... have thought and ask, are they...

...an example of diverting responsibility and such with the feel-good of having "another" do with rescue, even seeking those things which Natural Law has no authority over.

Quote @ ALL
    I say, although I quote those who took the time to post, my comments are not directed at them as I have used their comments to highlight a general point - in part, the words being something common with most.

Some of you may say WTF..?

KA is right, America do something for Christ's sake (DO ANYTHING)..!

It might be you or a member of your family (NEXT)..!

Enough Already..!
    Last edited by jackovesk; 23rd February 2012 at 14:40.

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I'm afraid if I took personal responsibility, I'd be locked up inside...

They'll be taken care of one way or another...

viking
    Choose well.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Ontarioguy (24th February 2012), Ria (24th February 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Oempf, now that was disgusting and completely unnecesary, sh!t for brains out of shape fat slob cop couldnt run ten yards without having a heart attack , he will probably get away with it too.

I hope other cops will learn a thing or two or three from this incident and they will be held accountable, this just cannot go on any longer.

23. Link to Post #13
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

This is just plain wrong. Police job is to protect people and she was no threat to anyone.
    A beautiful young woman was put in a condition as almost dead, for what ?
    Was the police to lazy to run ?
    What law gives a police man the right to use such big force on a slender little being ?
    If they cant use them right then they should not use them at all.
    Its a simple thing to figure oute that concrete is hard and that it will damage the head when a person fall, you dont have to be Einsteine to figure that out.
    Last edited by Maria Stade; 23rd February 2012 at 16:51.
    The planet have given you all that you have !
    What do you give in return ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be the change you wish to see.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), Intranuclear (24th February 2012), meeradas (23rd February 2012)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Unbelievable! The cop was almost within arm's reach of the girl when he stopped running to fire the taser. What a lazy prick!

The specifics of this case, while sad and tragic, are almost irrelevant. This is a typical example of how out of balance the American system has become. And many other countries are heading down a similar, self-destructive path. What happened to "serve and protect"? What happened to common sense? What happened to fairness and justice?

We MUST stand up against oppression. Wake up your neighbours. Grab your pitch-forks.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (23rd February 2012), Calz (23rd February 2012), Intranuclear (24th February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012)

27. Link to Post #15
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

viking
    Unfortunately Viking that is 'NOT' the case...

Its 'High Time' Americans took these type of injustice's (Abuse of Power) personally...

At the very least, tell every single person you know even if your 'Congressman' is (CORRUPT)

Quote I'm afraid if I took personal responsibility, I'd be locked up inside...
    Too late for that my friend, your going to be 'LOCKED UP' in some way shape or form just for being a US Citizen..!

The only advice I would give any American, is if you still believe in (LIBERTY or FREEDOM) you'd better start putting your hand up and (HELP) getting Ron Paul elected in 2012...

For if you don't even bother to try, you won't get any sympathy from me...

In fact if your present Govt. has there own way, WWIII would already be underway and you' be dead..!

Sad but (TRUE) my friend...

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)

viking

Its 'High Time' Americans took these type of injustice's (Abuse of Power) personally...

At the very least, tell every single person you know even if your 'Congressman' is (CORRUPT)

Too late for that my friend, your going to be 'LOCKED UP' in some way shape or form just for being a US Citizen..!

The only advice I would give any American, is if you still believe in (LIBERTY or FREEDOM) you'd better start putting your hand up and (HELP) getting Ron Paul elected in 2012...

In fact if your present Govt. has there own way, WWIII would already be underway and you' be dead..!

What's this...lets have another dig at viking ... you need to dig deeper my friend...

All I can say its good job I'm not an American citizen Jacko...get your facts right before you start waffling!!

Of late you seem somewhat erratic...take a break dude...you need it.

viking
    Last edited by Eric J (Viking); 23rd February 2012 at 16:32.
    Choose well.

29. Link to Post #17
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Might is right as usual. And as accountability can only be a voluntary act,
    the officer will get away with it. I suppose he just went home, having
    dinner with his family and boasted over wot a good guy he is.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (23rd February 2012), Calz (23rd February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), meeradas (23rd February 2012)

31. Link to Post #18
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

viking

What's this...lets have another dig at viking ... you need to dig deeper my friend...

All I can say its good job I'm not an American citizen Jacko...get your facts right before you start waffling!!

viking
    From your commentary, I assumed you were American...

I was 'Wrong'...

Forgive me Viking, I did'nt realise you would be Ok and be automatically protected by the GFL Aliens...

The rest of us will just try have to stand up for what is right...

Can you please, the rest of us who have to stand up against Tyranny and 'Fight' for our rights..?
    Last edited by jackovesk; 23rd February 2012 at 16:47.

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

viking

viking
    From your commentary, I assumed you were American...

I was 'Wrong'...

Forgive me Viking, I did'nt realise you would be Ok and be automatically protected by the GFL Aliens...

The rest of us will just try have to stand up for what is right...

Can you please, the rest of us who have to stand up against Tyranny and 'Fight' for our rights..?
    LOL ... no worries Jacko ... We are all in the same boat, so to speak...some more comfy than others...and we will all do as much as we can whilst in this mechanised reality...until then... SHINE my friend.

viking
    Choose well.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), Intranuclear (24th February 2012)

34. Link to Post #20
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

I'm armed everywhere I go... I'd have a REAL hard time not defending a citizen in a case like this (which kind of makes me nervous, I know what the outcome would be there...)... causing harm to someone because your lazy would cause me to get a little agressive...

but then, I'm an OathKeeper... this kind of situation is why we exsist.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Calz (23rd February 2012), Intranuclear (24th February 2012), jackovesk (23rd February 2012), meeradas (23rd February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast