+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A bad birdwatchers view on Texan fireworks

1. Link to Post #1
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Default A bad birdwatchers view on Texan fireworks

This video is from 9 PM 11 may 2011. I dunno if it has been posted before
    but I think its worth seeing. MSMs explanations is about exploding transformers.
    Transformers that blows up multiple times, without ligt going out in the
    surroundings. There is also an explanation about a thunderstorm, that
    apparently didnt happen. And the flash thingy without any flashes. LOL

Wot are you seeing?

Down below a link to some entertaining BS.

http://www.www.istockanalyst.com/bus...ast-fort-worth

Jorr
    Last edited by jorr lundstrom; 23rd February 2012 at 17:03.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Cottage Rose (23rd February 2012), gigha (23rd February 2012), toad (23rd February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 times in 472 posts

Default Re: A bad birdwatchers view on Texan fireworks

Man the bird noises make it even more psychedelic. I'm curious as to what is down there, does anyone know anything more about that location? I've never seen this perspective before, I've seen the road/highway videos. Is this the same event? It almost seems to have a repeating pattern.

Users description;

Quote Thank you for not copying my video. It is copyrighted material. (It was as soon as I shot it) You may copy the link to direct people to my video and descriptions.
    This is the aftermath of a pretty brutal thunderstorm in Fort Worth Texas on May 10, 2011. It was taken from my balcony on the 34th floor of a building in Fort Worth. Though I thought we were at war or was terrorism, it was a massive series of downed 12,470 volt power lines. As I took it with my 70-200 2.8L IS lens, it is farther away than it looks. (it is 5 miles away) That is why there are not explosion sounds. This was a very well documented event. I was on my balcony to take lightning pictures (Yes, not smart) and this started happening in front of me. I turned my camera (Canon 5d MkII) to video mode and let it roll.

I did just realize this evening that the video is doubled. (others pointed it out in their comments) One video is duplicated. It happened when I was reducing the file size. I would up with the video duplicated. I would like to fix it. (remove the second half) but don't think I can. I would have to delete and and post another. If somebody knows how I can edit the video (cut out the second half) please let me know. Anyway, I have way more than enough footage still unposted. I will start posting my other videos.

I have been reading the comments. I would like to answer some questions.
    It is not fake. It is not doctored. (you are giving my video skills too much credit, thanks.) As you can see by all the other lights, it is not taken with an IR setup or something. It is simple a video of an expensive weather disaster. The explosions are along a 4 mile path. They look closer together because this was 5 miles away zoomed in. (News links inserted below)

If this was fake, I would have put in some good explosion sounds, not birds. (I probably could handle that technically.) This IS NOT FAKE IN ANY MANNER.
    Last edited by toad; 23rd February 2012 at 19:55.
    The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
    -- Maureen Dowd --

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toad For This Post:

jorr lundstrom (23rd February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member loc333's Avatar
    Thanks

this video has been posted before, when it happened in may of 2011...and at the time it was some sort of battle...in fortworth..tx.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Hello . This is an old video .
    The video was taken after a very bad high wind storm in the Dallas -Forthworth Metro-Plex area. You can clearly see the large area in the beginning of the video that was pitch dark with no electricity. The flashes you see are from high power downed lines.
    When high power lines go down and touch or get near the ground they create an electrical arc clalled "power arcs".
    Power arcs are extremely bright, hot and intense, involving up to tens of thousands of amperes of current. They are very destructive to power equipment and are able to melt or burn any material they contact, including metal. Wooden telephone poles and trees are frequently ignited by arcing.
    We had the same storm hit the Houston area (where i live) 200 miles south, the same day and wreck havoc on the power grid. This kind of video was all over the news the same day. I got trapped up in the storm on the highway.
    Texas is known for this kind of damage from storms.

There was no battle or ufos involved on this day , sorry.
    But I, say if you want believe it is extraterrestrial or otherwise then good luck to you.
    Last edited by Robstar; 23rd February 2012 at 21:11.

7. Link to Post #5
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

I have a good friend who was down in the area among the lights. He said it took
    place over the riverbed of the eastern limb of the Trinity River. The explosions were
    as high as the treetops, no powerlines, no transformers no buildings around. No loss of
    power anywhere. He even got back the next day to look for powerlines or telephone poles.
    And there was no thunderstorm or flashes on the occasion.

If you cover the lights, can anyone see something moving over the lights?
    I heard from ppl who had watched the video frame after frame that
    vehicles was moving over the lights.

And thank you Robstar for your ideas about what you think caused the

lights and the darkness.

Im not into UFOs or such, but Im very interested in wot we see and wot
    we think about wot we see and wot determines how we interpret wot we
    see in a video or on a picture.

Jorr

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Cottage Rose (23rd February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread