Thread: 3 Reasons Why You Need to Reconnect with the Earth

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member Black Panther's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,849 times in 847 posts

Default 3 Reasons Why You Need to Reconnect with the Earth

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4038/...the-Earth.html

By Dr. Daniel Chong
    What are the most well known steps to better health?

Eat well. Exercise. Get more sleep.

Sound familiar? How about Touch the earth? Wait a second you say.
    Unless I have this whole gravity thing all wrong, I thought I was touching the earth.

Well you are, but not like you should be. It just so happens that humans are actually
    meant to touch the earth with our bare skin, and that doing so may be as fundamentally
    healthy for us as any other health promoting habits you’ve learned about along the way.

This fact may come as a surprise to most but traditional healthcare systems like Chinese
    and Ayurvedic medicine have promoted the health benefits of skin-to-skin contact with
    the earth for thousands of years. Now a growing body of evidence-based research is
    proving what those wise physicians knew all along.

When you touch the earth with your skin or through material that does not insulate you
    from its energy field (grounding or “Earthing”), you literally absorb electrons from its
    surface into your body. This process has many powerful effects on you, the details
    of which we have only recently begun to understand.

Here are three of the most important reasons why reconnecting with the earth everyday
    also keeps the doctor away...

1. Touching the earth is calming, reduces the effects of stress and can help you sleep.

Have you ever arrived at your favorite park or beach, taken your shoes off and felt a
    seemingly instantaneous sense of calm overtake you? You’ve probably never even
    thought twice about it. Being at the beach or in a park is just nice, so of course you
    feel calmer right? Well, there may be something more to it than that.

Recent research into the effects of grounding is showing that it leads to an increase
    in parasympathetic (calming) nervous system activity, and reduces sympathetic
    (stress-response) activity. The end result of this effect is that your entire body
    (not just your mind) calms down.

Beyond that, additional research into other parameters of stress has shown that
    grounding normalizes both cortisol secretion, a hallmark of stress activity in the body,
    and melatonin secretion, which is crucial for a good night’s sleep.

2. Touching the earth is anti-inflammatory.

Chronic inflammation is now understood to be a primary, causative factor in seven
    of the top ten leading causes of mortality in the United States. It is beyond the
    scope of this article to review the details of chronic inflammation, how and why
    it happens, but it is important to realize that chronic inflammation is not a good
    thing, and grounding yourself may be a simple way to reduce it, whatever the cause may be.

An inflammatory response in your body begins with the production of free radicals
    (electrically charged particles) in an injured area, which help prevent infection
    and stimulate the healing process. However, when an inflammatory response
    becomes chronic, the excessive free radical activity begins to damage healthy
    tissue in the surrounding area. Depending on the tissue in question, this process
    could result in cancer, cardiovascular disease, arthritis or one of many other
    types of chronic disease.

Grounding yourself, which saturates the healthy tissue in your body with negative
    electrons, creates a barrier through which these free radicals cannot pass,
    in turn protecting you from the outlying damage they would otherwise cause.

3. Touching the earth helps keep your blood flowing.

For blood to flow well through your veins, arteries and capillaries, the cells need
    to move freely amongst each other, and not get stuck together. To aid in this
    process the surface of your red blood cells all have a negative charge to them,
    known as a zeta potential, literally causing them to repel each other. The greater
    the negative charge is around your blood cells, the greater the zeta potential,
    and the better your blood will flow. The electrons you absorb from the earth’s
    surface are negatively charged and lead to a greater zeta potential, which is
    why touching the earth helps naturally thin your blood. This discovery has
    far-reaching implications for the field of cardiology, and some of the most
    cutting edge, brightest minds in it have begun to take notice.

Microscopic views of red blood cells before and after grounding (source):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grounding.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	14052

Conclusion
    There are many more reasons why reconnecting with the earth is good for you,
    some of which I’m sure have yet to even be discovered. Perhaps the most obvious
    explanation, however, is that it is simply natural.

With our technologically advanced world changing at such an astoundingly fast pace,
    it is easy to forget where we have come from and what our bodies are adapted to.
    I theorize in my own work with chronically ill people that many of them have become
    that way specifically because of how unnatural their lives have become. Time and again
    I see proof that, if they are willing and able to reintroduce simple, natural necessities like
    whole food, movement, sleep and reconnection with the earth into their lives, they get better.

So put your bare feet on the ground and reconnect, or find something similar that works for you.
    Your body will thank you for it.
    Remember Who You Are!

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

00101 (28th February 2012), aquamarine (23rd February 2012), Calz (28th February 2012), Caren (25th February 2012), Cobus (21st November 2014), Earth Angel (25th February 2012), eileenrose (28th February 2012), gandra99 (6th March 2012), golden lady (28th February 2012), haibane (28th February 2012), Herbert (23rd February 2012), Lisab (6th March 2012), mab777 (23rd February 2012), Maia Gabrial (6th March 2012), marielle (23rd February 2012), modwiz (25th February 2012), MorningSong (23rd February 2012), Muzz (24th February 2012), Nathalie (24th February 2012), Ouroboros (25th February 2012), Referee (28th February 2012), Samsara (28th February 2012), seko (23rd February 2012), spiritwind (24th February 2012), Star Tsar (28th February 2012), STATIC (6th March 2012), tcjim1 (28th February 2012), thew88 (23rd February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Default Re: 3 Reasons Why You Need to Reconnect with the Earth

Spot on Kitten. This is good advices for us who like life on this planet. Immersion in
    the body. Those who feel uncomfortable to be in a body can of course take off to some
    other dimension. leaving their borrowed body behind as a fertilizer.

This is of course also a very good way to help the NWO in their depopulation programs.
    And as its very honourable to offer ones help in every situation a need for help is
    imagined its of course very righteous to desert the body asap. LOL

Jorr

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

modwiz (25th February 2012), Referee (28th February 2012), Sebastion (24th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

hi black panther a very interesting read and something that resonates with me too , i feel mother earth is alive and full of energy, i feel that by just standing outside barefooted, a calm and relaxing, and energising warmth feeling . I love meditating outside too, and that is far more relaxing than if i was inside . i loved doing that as a child too being barefooted, a fabulous thread and thankyou blessed be aquamarine xx

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aquamarine For This Post:

Black Panther (23rd February 2012), Caren (25th February 2012), Maia Gabrial (6th March 2012), modwiz (25th February 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

This is a great topic that we should all understand.

It works indeed cause by the moment you touch the earth with your feet, you feel the ground and you stop thinking straight away.

You connect with earth. Brilliant.
    Breathe in the air

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

Black Panther (23rd February 2012), Maia Gabrial (6th March 2012), modwiz (25th February 2012), Muzz (24th February 2012), Referee (28th February 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I posted this article, but I experience floating myself.
    And I'm actually floating a lot of times. I really have learn to
    ground myself. JoshuaM gave me a link of Michael Monk about energy sensitivity:

The magnetism really worked
    Maybe we can share more tips in this thread ?

For example: wearing red clothes seems to work for me.
    Remember Who You Are!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

aquamarine (24th February 2012), Caren (25th February 2012), Limor Wolf (24th February 2012), modwiz (25th February 2012), seko (24th February 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

This is very important information, thank you! Being grounded to Mother Earth and staring at the Sun are two things every sentient person should be doing.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

aquamarine (24th February 2012), Black Panther (24th February 2012), golden lady (28th February 2012), modwiz (25th February 2012), seko (24th February 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 435 posts

shoes are a conspiracy!

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

aquamarine (24th February 2012), Black Panther (24th February 2012), Caren (25th February 2012), CD7 (24th February 2012), conk (28th February 2012), Earth Angel (25th February 2012), Lisab (6th March 2012), modwiz (25th February 2012), Phoenix (25th February 2012), sherron44 (6th March 2012), STATIC (6th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,049 times in 934 posts

Wait a minute, I thought we were ascending or getting picked up by GFL motherships.

16. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

David wolfe and grounding thru wires if you cant go bare foot.. There are 5 main parts with a 6th that talk about and show the results of the blood they took in part 1.

17. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

David Wolfe is amazing.. His Longevity NOW Conference (Dr Joe Mercola does it with him) from which the video came has many more speakers/videos including Dr Stephen Sinatra cardiologist who co wrote the book "Earthing" with Clint Ober and the above mentiontioned Dr. Gaeton Chevalier.. Earthing works!!!!!! David Wolfe and Dr Sinatra both mention if you are on blood thinners like coumadin then work with your Dr as your meds will have to be reduced(same with thyroid meds). my 82 yr old mom did just that ..her Dr is blown away. We Bought her the grounding pad as she lives in upper midwest and cant put her feet on the ground in winter when snow is present. she puts it under one of the card/.games table and shares it with others and uses it in her room at her tv chair and the table .she has had incredible benefits in the last few months (getting rid of 2 meds and greatly reducing two others and she no longer gets swollen ankles and she has very little pain in her rhumatoid hands feet and spine).. She is in an assisted living home with 20 others and several of them have gotten the grounding pad as well as some employees...She keeps the book "Earthing by Clint Ober" handy and lends it out and others have gotten their own book and lent it to their 50-70 yr old kids!!. We forget that our super seniors that live in severe winter climates are not grounded most of the year or ever if they havnt gone barefooted outside in YEARS! also Watch the interview David Wolfe does with his good friend DAVID WILCOCK on micro clusters , geometry, etc. its great. David wolfe is a hero of mine.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal Blue Being For This Post:

Caren (25th February 2012), Earth Angel (28th February 2012), Lisab (6th March 2012)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

Quote =Black Panther

I went for a job interview many moons ago and decided to wear a red and black outfit with red shoes.......I called this my power outfit (i hate to admit I was working in a bank ) anyway the red really did make me feel stronger and although several people were up for the job I got it!
    another idea is learning to breath properly.......I visit the Do As One site for breathing , its something we all need to learn to do more deeply and conciously
    http://www.DoAsOne.org
    Last edited by Earth Angel; 28th February 2012 at 00:07.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Black Panther (27th February 2012), Caren (25th February 2012), modwiz (25th February 2012)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Earth Angel (here)
    Quote Posted by Black Panther

I went for a job interview many moons ago and decided to wear a red and black outfit with red shoes.......I called this my power outfit (i hate to admit I was working in a bank ) anyway the red really did make me feel stronger and although several people were up for the job I got it!
    another idea is learning to breath properly.......I visit the Do As One site for breathing , its something we all need to learn to do more deeply and conciously
    Don't want to be 'Mister Know It All', but a lot of times I see the quoting doesn't work.
    That's because the symbol ']' has been deleted after [QUOTE. By editing the post
    and adding ']' the quote will be visible again. Like I have fixed the post of Earth Angel
    in this post.

My IT study have brought me something after all
    Remember Who You Are!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

Earth Angel (28th February 2012)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

THANK YOU !!!! I couldn't figure out what I did wrong........but I tested it and went back and fixed it........so I learned something today!!

Quote Posted by Black Panther (here)
    Quote Posted by Earth Angel (here)
    Quote Posted by Black Panther

Don't want to be 'Mister Know It All', but a lot of times I see the quoting doesn't work.
    That's because the symbol ']' has been deleted after [QUOTE. By editing the post
    and adding ']' the quote will be visible again. Like I have fixed the post of Earth Angel
    in this post.

My IT study have brought me something after all

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (28th February 2012)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 times in 436 posts

Us not connected to Gaia is probably why humans are going out of existence. Too far from their centers (themselves).

I use to run to the country on weekends to get away from city life. I felt happy outdoors in woody areas or out and about where you could only see the sky and the land and no people.

Just the way it is meant to be.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eileenrose For This Post:

Black Panther (28th February 2012), conk (28th February 2012)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    This is very important information, thank you! Being grounded to Mother Earth and staring at the Sun are two things every sentient person should be doing.
    I went to a Shamanic healer today and she already knew my root chakra
    isn't spinning as it should be. That's why 'I' posted this article in the first place.
    Because I think a lot and I don't like the world as it is right know and it's difficult
    to communicate with people who don't know what's really happening in the world,
    I do float a lot. All these thoughts keep spinning, because I can't talk about it
    with people close to me. Though I can share thoughts / feelings on this forum or by
    using Skype / email. She told me to do grounding exercises daily so I'm more connected
    to the Earth and that will give me more energy and I can start my day well. I also have
    a lot of ideas and by grounding more it is easier to manifest those thoughts / ideas.

I don't know about other Shamanic healers, but she is really good. First we talked
    a lot so she knew more about me. Later I lay down and she started to work on my
    chakras. I felt a lot of old pain and sadness coming up, so it didn't feel that well, but
    I have let go a lot of heaviness in my body. She also used illumination (no, nothing to
    do with the Illuminati guys ) and I really felt the energy filling my sacral chakra and
    from there to other parts. So I would recommend others to visit a Shamanic healer too.

I had to choose a stone too. It was a red Carneol. A stone to get more grounded .

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

aquamarine (6th March 2012), conk (6th March 2012), Lisab (6th March 2012)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Thanks to this thread I have found the Earthing material( and got the book) and somehow that took me to the Ringing Cedars .........I have read the first 3 books this week....amazing stuff, that makes you ask ' why isn't everyone talking about this ??? and how did it take me so long to find it???? " but I guess everything comes when you are ready........thanks everyone !

+ Reply to Thread