+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NASA Discovers new type of planet.

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Solstyse's Avatar
    Thanks

Default NASA Discovers new type of planet.

"NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope has confirmed the existence of a completely new type of planet.
    By analyzing the previously identified world GJ 1214b -- an Earth-like superplanet located outside of our solar system -- astronomer Zachory Berta and his team have discovered a strangely unique water-based planet.

When it comes to planets, our solar system contains three distinct types: rocky and terrestrial like Mars and Earth, gas giants such as Jupiter and Saturn, and ice giants like Uranus and Neptune.
    GJ 1214b, researchers soon realized, was none of the above.
    “GJ 1214b is like no planet we know of,” said Berta, who hails from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. “A huge fraction of its mass is made up of water.”

The high temperatures and high pressures would form exotic materials like ‘hot ice’ or ‘superfluid water’ -- substances that are completely alien to our everyday experience,” Berta said.

Life too, if it exists, will certainly be weird.

"This planet will occupy us for years. That’s part of what’s so exciting about it.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...#ixzz1nGFVyWRm

The planet itself was discovered in 2009, when it passed by a star blocking the light from the telescope.

Nasa's Tweet two days ago.

@NASA_Hubble data shows a new type of planet: a super-Earth waterworld enshrouded by a thick, steamy atmosphere http://go.nasa.gov/yMYVcm

Is it getting closer, is that why they are learning more about it? Is this Nibiru? A new Super- earth comprised almost entirely of water. This is odd!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Solstyse For This Post:

Alex Laker (24th February 2012), David Trd1 (24th February 2012), Lisab (24th February 2012), Ontarioguy (24th February 2012), Rantaak (24th February 2012), Ria (24th February 2012), ViralSpiral (24th February 2012), WhiteFeather (24th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: NASA Discovers new type of planet.

Just laying down a few cushions for the masses for when it all comes crashing down... I really feel as if there is a lot of thought behind these NASA revelations. Each one brings us closer to the statement "we've found a planet with identical properties to Earth." Soft disclosure I feel.
    Who am I to tell you what's real?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alex Laker For This Post:

Lisab (24th February 2012), Ontarioguy (24th February 2012), Solstyse (24th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,970 times in 5,651 posts

Nasa has been secretly hiding everything from the american people since its inception. This is a Lame Stream Organization With Ass Clowns at the helm. When I see or hear of that name it sends shivers down my spine to say the least.

N ever
    A
    S straight
    A nswer
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

drizzt (24th February 2012), ghostrider (24th February 2012), Ontarioguy (24th February 2012), Solstyse (24th February 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Solstyse's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Nasa has been secretly hiding everything from the american people since its inception. This is a Lame Stream Organization With Ass Clowns at the helm. When I see or hear of that name it sends shivers down my spine to say the least.

N ever
    A
    S straight
    A nswer
    Nasa, Yeah I don't trust em as far as i can throw them either. And with the billions they spend on heavy machines i don't think I can throw them very far.
    But even with that said. There is definitely a planet there. And it is unlike anything we have ever seen before. I think that is pretty exciting!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Solstyse For This Post:

Ontarioguy (24th February 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Shamz's Avatar
    Thanks

Greetings !!
    I don't just understand few basic things, why NASA or any other ORG compares newly found planets/stars to our Dear Earth. Why we think that Water and Oxygen are so necessary for any life to exist. This is so biased because we think from earth's prospective - but fail to recognize that there can be other life forms not dependent on water/oxygen and solely surviving and evolving on their planet's condition. Oxygen/water are important to inhabitants of Earth but may be poisonous to others...similarly their environment can be hazardous to us....lets accept that and not go by what the Govt. is telling us....think/meditate and you will find the answer eventually

Peace
    ~~ Much Love
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in ( I am You and You are me )

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shamz For This Post:

Precog (24th February 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Quote Posted by Solstyse (here)

@NASA_Hubble data shows a new type of planet: a super-Earth waterworld enshrouded by a thick, steamy atmospherehttp://go.nasa.gov/yMYVcm

What's cookin', good lookin'? Ne'ermind the sauna........ccould we please have coloured pics of both sides of the moon NASA?
    Fangs

Welcome Solstyse!

p.s might become a twittish follower and annoy them as much as they annoy me
    Last edited by ViralSpiral; 24th February 2012 at 06:53.
    .... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

Lisab (24th February 2012), Solstyse (24th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread