Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: The effects of long-term use of anti-depressants - horrendous

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,782 times in 2,666 posts

Default The effects of long-term use of anti-depressants - horrendous

I was on SSRI's for years, and am now off them. However, I have totally changed, From gregarious to reclusive, creative and clear-thinking to just a shell, with poor recall. A feeling of 'nothingness', unmotivated. I have cut myself off from friends and most of my family. I prefer to stay at home alone, and only venture out once a week to shop. My relationship with my partner has turned into co-existence.

I thought I was just eccentric, and was retired early due to unbearable stress at work which incurred a mental collapse. I was so glad to be at home, do nothing but the basics, and 'switch off'. I was an award-winning designer and since then have given it up. Can't think straight.

Imagine my shock when I read the latest article by Jim Stone entitled:
    "Prescribed Deletion..." http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/
    Please be warned about this dreadful scenario.
    Truly, I feel like I have been lobotomised.

Avid
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

2. The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (24th February 2012), Adrian86 (8th May 2012), albativo (24th February 2012), Anchor (25th February 2012), Antagenet (25th February 2012), aranuk (26th February 2012), Ariel (26th February 2012), Bo Atkinson (25th February 2012), ceetee9 (8th May 2012), crested-duck (24th February 2012), danceblackcatdance (8th May 2012), Earth Angel (24th February 2012), East Sun (25th February 2012), Eram (8th May 2012), Flash (25th February 2012), Fredenit (25th February 2012), Fundy Gemini (25th February 2012), Garry Irwin (26th February 2012), hohoemi (27th February 2012), Holly Lindin (25th February 2012), Jay (24th February 2012), Kamikaze (25th February 2012), Kristo (25th February 2012), Laurel (25th February 2012), Lifebringer (25th February 2012), Limor Wolf (25th February 2012), Lisab (25th February 2012), Maia Gabrial (10th March 2012), Mark (24th February 2012), markoid (25th February 2012), Miller (24th February 2012), nickc2496 (10th March 2012), Ol' Roy (26th February 2012), Realeyes (7th March 2012), sandy (26th February 2012), seko (26th February 2012), Selene (24th February 2012), Tarka the Duck (24th February 2012), ThePythonicCow (24th February 2012), the_vast_mystery (8th May 2012), Thrasher1218 (25th February 2012), transiten (8th May 2012), westhill (25th February 2012), Wind (25th February 2012), Woody (8th May 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,049 times in 934 posts

Default Re: The effects of long-term use of anti-depressants - horrendous

I was fortunate enough or dumb-lucky enough to realize in 1990 when I was "sick" that there was something sinister behind anti-depressants.

I have always said that the only possible reason to take anti-depressants is if you are suicidal. But that doesn't even make sense because the ssri's don't take effect for weeks.

Even recently I have had suicidal ideation but, I have a "no kill" clause in my soul contract so I just have to suffer - or not.

So sorry avid, if taking the meds has complicated your pain and suffering. About the only thing that works for me besides self-care is to read Krishnamurti, Tolle or Adyashanti.

take care, gooty

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gooty64 For This Post:

aranuk (26th February 2012), avid (24th February 2012), Earth Angel (24th February 2012), hohoemi (27th February 2012), modwiz (25th February 2012), seko (26th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Antidepressants aid human beings with the loss of their essence. I've seen the long term affects on many people. The literally become numb to emotions that are vital to a souls progression.

This is just my opinion, many people believe they need thes meds to function. If you are one of those people reading this, please take no offense. I noticed a change within myself ... About five years ago I went on a six week "program" of effexor. The doctor really had no business even writing a prescription for me of the sorts. What I was going through needed to be dealt with and lived through. I was going through a natural grieving process. I used to laugh taking my pills- I called it, "it'll fix her". I noticed a change in myself immediately. I didn't like it. When I finally made it to the last legs off the weaning process---- it was terrible!!!! I truly learned what withdrawals of an addictive substance felt like. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. It was almost so awful I considered to stay on the drugs just so I wouldn't have to go through the agony of this. In the end- that was 6 weeks of blur and all those emotions that I needed to deal with were still there, they were just no longer being masked. I dealt with the problem and moved on. Just as one should.

I want to make a note though about when I was in high school. There was a handful of young girls who started taking birth control pills at the age of 14-15. By the time they reached the age of 16-17 they too were all one antidepressants. See the link? I certainly do. Sad, isn't it?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gypsybutterflykiss For This Post:

avid (24th February 2012), hohoemi (27th February 2012), Kristo (25th February 2012), Maia Gabrial (8th May 2012), Vanessa (25th February 2012), Wind (25th February 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    I was on SSRI's for years, and am now off them. However, I have totally changed, From gregarious to reclusive, creative and clear-thinking to just a shell, with poor recall. A feeling of 'nothingness', unmotivated. I have cut myself off from friends and most of my family. I prefer to stay at home alone, and only venture out once a week to shop. My relationship with my partner has turned into co-existence.

I thought I was just eccentric, and was retired early due to unbearable stress at work which incurred a mental collapse. I was so glad to be at home, do nothing but the basics, and 'switch off'. I was an award-winning designer and since then have given it up. Can't think straight.

Avid
    Avid, I am sorry that you have had to go through this. Have you tried a regime of brain nutrients to rebuid your nervous system? I do believe that it is possible. You may want to look into it.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

avid (24th February 2012), Heather2017 (25th February 2012), Holly Lindin (25th February 2012), Kristo (25th February 2012), Lisab (25th February 2012), seko (26th February 2012), Vanessa (25th February 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Avid,
    I send you strength and oodles of glittery rainbow light your way!

~gypsy

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)

Avid
    Avid, I am sorry that you have had to go through this. Have you tried a regime of brain nutrients to rebuid your nervous system? I do believe that it is possible. You may want to look into it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gypsybutterflykiss For This Post:

avid (24th February 2012), Earth Angel (24th February 2012), Jay (24th February 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

The right nutrients and a clear visualization of the way you want to be and you'll be well again. Raw, unheated, unprocessed fatty acids will aid in your recover. These fats can and should be extra virgin coconut oil, real and fresh olive oil, flax seed oil, raw butter, and cod liver oil. Your brain is starved for these fatty nutrients. Also, as Arrowwind stated, there are many brain nutrients you need. You can get your old self back! You must set the intention and believe it, however.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Artemis (26th February 2012), avid (24th February 2012), Heather2017 (25th February 2012), Lisab (25th February 2012), Vanessa (25th February 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Avid - thank you for sharing. I believe there are probably millions "out there" who have shared your experience including me - who haven't had the guts to share.
    Strength & blessings to you
    ... and to others: please say no to these dreadful "helpers" made by big pharma - try the holistic before going there - for your own sake.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay For This Post:

avid (24th February 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am on 5000 iu's of D3 per day, 500 iu's of Vit C, Omega 3. Vit B12 and my usual thyroxine (down to 100 per day). Thank you all for your support. I was a reiki practitioner also, and cannot even give to anything any more - but am trying with my plants at the moment: treat 1 and not the other - see which fares the best. If this is successful I know my energies are still there. Fingers and toes crossed :-)
    Onwards and upwards - diet changing deffo...
    Avid :-)
    and er..

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Eram (8th May 2012), Heather2017 (25th February 2012), Kristo (25th February 2012), Mark (24th February 2012), seko (26th February 2012), unicorny (25th February 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,484 times in 2,851 posts

Wow. This is an important article. I know folks on this stuff that will fight you for giving them this information.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

gigha (25th February 2012), NeverMind (29th February 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Has anyone read and acknowledged Jim Stone and his research? His life is on-the-line for this groundbreaking information. Please read his reports and acknowledge his truthfulness. It means so much to us who have been plunged into an abyss for the rest of our lives. Thank you all - and PLEASE follow Jim Stone and his quest for the truth. Much love to everyone who has responded, and much love to those who read up what Jim Stone has put his life on the line for....
    and er..

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

ceetee9 (8th May 2012), Eram (8th May 2012), Kristo (25th February 2012), Lisab (25th February 2012), Mark (24th February 2012), unicorny (25th February 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

I am on 5000 iu's of D3 per day, 500 iu's of Vit C, Omega 3. Vit B12 and my usual thyroxine (down to 100 per day). Thank you all for your support. I was a reiki practitioner also, and cannot even give to anything any more - but am trying with my plants at the moment: treat 1 and not the other - see which fares the best. If this is successful I know my energies are still there. Fingers and toes crossed :-)
    Onwards and upwards - diet changing deffo...
    Other things to consider are probiotics. Did you know that much of the serrotonin is produced in the gut not the brain? Restablishing good flora may be helpful.
    Other nutrients to consider or niacin, B12 injections weekly, and the herb called bacopa... and conk gave good recommendations also. Personally I would add to this the Gerson therapy for about 6 months.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Artemis (26th February 2012), avid (24th February 2012), Heart-2-Heart (25th February 2012), Holly Lindin (25th February 2012), Kristo (25th February 2012), Lisab (25th February 2012), Vanessa (25th February 2012)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have tried so many remedies! Thank you for your valuable contribution - please read Jim Stone's website xx
    and er..

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Laurel's Avatar
    Thanks

Avid, this brings me to tears. I feel the same exact way. Being a perimenopausal, single mom of a teenager, my doctor, of course, put me on anti-depressants (Citalopram) about 5 or 6 years ago. The rest of my story is exactly, word for word, the same as yours. Please know that you are not alone.

Over the past year, I have tried going off the meds cold turkey several times but the withdrawl effects after a few days were horrible. About 3 weeks ago, I started taking a half dose everyday and will continue to gradually wean it down. So far, no withdrawl effects. I'm going to try the suggestions offered on this thread.

Please follow up and let me know if anything here works for you.

Wishing you the very best,
    Laurel

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laurel For This Post:

avid (25th February 2012), Heather2017 (25th February 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Avid, sorry to read about your experience. I have been there - done that, about 10 years ago. I mostly got over it. I hope you will too.

I recommend lots of exercise, reconnect with your friends and family and if it helps you, lots of laughter and sex. Seriously... but not necessarily at the same time.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

avid (25th February 2012), Heather2017 (25th February 2012), Laurel (26th February 2012)

28. Link to Post #15
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Avid, you cant think straight,cant assimulate new information,cant recall old information,dont know how to show emotions,giving the wife a cuddle is a problem,you know its happening but can do nothing about it,this then effects the emotions,you can be holding something in your hand and still spend 10 mins looking for it,by which time you have lost the plot,tying your shoelaces becomes a problem,wont answer the phone or door,plan your day to avoid human contact,thoughts in your head are non stop and all nonsense, your reactions to minor incidents are way over the top,if accused of doing something you didnt,the reaction is .5 of a sec,
    ITs not you,you are not eccentric, parasites,bacteria,yeast,fungus,and mould are in controll of the body,they are there,because the conditions for them to grow and thrive have been created due to chemical,heavy metal intake,which eventualy wear the imune system down,this puts the body in a position where the fuel is contaminated,(acidic) growth can now take place,the body is depleted of minerals,oils etc,it has to now compete with,parasites etc for fuel, this manifests into a once happy,healthy human,disintegrating mentally and physically,
    it can all be reversed,

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fathertedsmate For This Post:

Arrowwind (25th February 2012), avid (25th February 2012), hohoemi (27th February 2012), Laurel (26th February 2012)

30. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

My heart goes out to you Avid and others.

I know this may not sound plausible, as you have tried so very very hard already to fix this.

However.... I am completely convinced that healing is always possible. Even macro scale "miracle" healings.

Somewhere somehow, you have the possibility to heal. Miracles are possible.

If one can accept what I have said, then one must assume that there are obstacles to be removed - otherwise your desire would be manifest.... the journey could then be, discovering what those are and eliminating them.

My blessings to you.

John..
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Artemis (26th February 2012), avid (25th February 2012), Heather2017 (25th February 2012), hohoemi (27th February 2012)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,519 times in 831 posts

I'm on my way to learn about Jim Stone....
    Here are a couple relavent links to share on subject generally.
    May we raise awarenesses through many kinds of links.

The Drugging of our Children (Gary Null) (SSRI drug dangers)(Columbine shooting)
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...99239524875493

Anti Aging Part 2: Brain Boosters
    http://www.garynull.com/home/anti-ag...-boosters.html

There seems to be a serious video competition on the realistic subject called:
    "death by medicine"
    https://youtube.com/results?clien...-8&sa=N&tab=w1

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

avid (25th February 2012), unicorny (25th February 2012)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 times in 436 posts

Thanks for the article. Very important for everyone to know about (all the side affects). The brain damage alone gives me pause. Obviously, eventually, these products will be taken off the market (one way or another). In the meantime, I feel you can repair the brain. It is probably not a simple idea to try out (on yourself). Like where do you begin (if you have these brain issues). Hopefully everyone will start sharing their personal experiences/experiments with getting better and we can come together to help one another through this.

I, for example, watch a TV show all about repairing the brain. I'm sorry I didn't write down the name of the show (or the host's name....the researcher/doctor behind this information). I think it was PBS show. Anyway, he had a way to measure the brain (some sort of way of showing all the brain damage you have incurred) and then he showed pictures of everyone's brain that had gone through his diet regiment (I believe he felt that supplements and diet fixed the brain...all I can recall)....and they were all much better (and he wasn't lying).
    It just took 10 years is all.
    ...for it to work.

I have a few ideas, to begin with, if someone is interested in a thread about solutions to anti-depressant poisoning.

Note:
    ...for instance, my feeling is that the brain can be repaired...it is just no one researches it (hence the decisions to just say, by doctors/researchers, 'there is no cure' when really they are saying 'don't bother me' and 'it is to long term a project for me to get involved in....changing your diet! ...we never do that....etc.').
    Last edited by eileenrose; 25th February 2012 at 13:03.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eileenrose For This Post:

avid (25th February 2012), Laurel (26th February 2012)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

they tried to get me to keep taking pharma phych drugs when I caught a burnout when the purged my name from the voting list, unjustifiably.

It was all my ancestors had bequeath me as an AA. and I felt violated.

Sorta short circuited because it didn't compute. I had lived within the laws and just like that, i wasn't counted and Bush got in. He did more damage than people know to the mental stability of lower class masses.

After using them for a couple of months and finally getting some sleep, I noticed missing memory episodes, more frequent. Forgetting what happened seconds ago. I stopped taking them emersed myself in a campaign to fight back and I've been fine ever since. I even went to a phychiatrist analyst to treat my stress, and was simply diagnosed with a "severe intolerance for bullsh*t."
    She told me to treat those on the more selfish level as satelites, as they will always come around to gain information, but they don't stick around for long.
    She said the protectors in my life, and gut woman instinct was best in selecting the type of friends that care for real, and not just what they can get from me. I am known as a giver, and there are givers and takers. Sometimes, expecially now in human history, you have to surround yourselves with positive to recharge after being around the negative. Avalon has done this for me spiritually. I grow/evolve here and feel welcome.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

avid (25th February 2012)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

They gave my husband Zoloft (I call it float off) he needed to at the time, but it started doing other stuff to him, he didn't like and stopped after 2 months. He's been dealing with life on life's terms now and looking forward to some sanity in the world, not just his own.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

avid (25th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast