+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Real mermaid: A scientific hypothesis.

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks

Default Re: Real mermaid: A scientific hypothesis.

Now it looks like the alleged seizing of these mermaid websites is itself a hoax.

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/07/05/t...us-agency-says

I don't necessarily believe the "mermaids are not real" statement by the government, but in this case I tend to believe that they didn't really shut down these websites. I think when they shut down a site, it just disappears -they don't use a melodramatic "seized by Homeland Security" banner that only makes everyone wonder what they are trying to suppress.

This whole mermaid story is very strange. The documentary, or mockumentary was done in a realistic style, and shown on networks that usually show scientific shows rather than fiction. For a drama, it wasn't very polished or suspenseful. There seems to have been the intention of making people think seriously about this issue, whether the film itself is authentic or not.

2. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,977 times in 5,652 posts

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    A Big Avalonian HELLO to all our (GUESTS)...

Is this what your LOOKING FOR..?

動物星球頻道【真實美人魚:科學的假設】..."

Translation: Animal Planet [real mermaid: scientific assumptions] ...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GdGBc...eature=related

PS - Watch &/or Download before it goes again...

Check Out the rest of the Project Avalon Forum - Plenty of Good info to be found...
    Thanks Jack. Been searching for this.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

jackovesk (12th August 2012), RunningDeer (26th July 2012)

4. Link to Post #43
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Last year I read a top 10 list of predictions written by a few high profile physics. In one of those lists was that in 2012 would be the discovery of a long lost prehistoric sea creature.

Wish i had the link to back it up..

But hey, you never know!?!?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soul Safari For This Post:

Chrononaut (26th July 2012), RunningDeer (26th July 2012)

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,548 times in 931 posts

I haven't seen the documentary, or any other videos, just read this thread alone.

There is truth to almost any myth, mermaids as well.

Does anyone know where the mermaids bodies were found? Location?

If its the Antarctic ..... that would be interesting ...... it twists the scenario quite a bit ...

7. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

The "documentary" is a MOCK-umentary. Pretends to be a documentary all the way to the end, where you finally read the disclaimer that it is simply fiction deliberately done as a phony documentary to make you angry that you watched it. This is not about mermaids, or conjecture about mermaids - it is about a bored director that decided to make a mocumentary, so he could sit back and laugh at anyone who thought any of it was based on anything real. It is disinfo. Road apples. Unreal. Not real. BS. Fake. Phony. Poo-poo.

Dennis

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Atlas (23rd December 2015), RunningDeer (26th July 2012)

9. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    The "documentary" is a MOCK-umentary. Pretends to be a documentary all the way to the end, where you finally read the disclaimer that it is simply fiction deliberately done as a phony documentary to make you angry that you watched it. This is not about mermaids, or conjecture about mermaids - it is about a bored director that decided to make a mocumentary, so he could sit back and laugh at anyone who thought any of it was based on anything real. It is disinfo. Road apples. Unreal. Not real. BS. Fake. Phony. Poo-poo.

Dennis
    I took the bait. I believed it hook, line and sinker...
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 26th July 2012 at 21:17.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (26th July 2012)

11. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)

Dennis
    If you read between the lines of my post... noting that it made me angry... well, if I had not believed it was a documentary, I would not have gotten angry (I would have just laughed.)

We have all seen enough documentaries and especially natural history/nature documentaries that we know this mocumentary followed closely along the lines of a sincere documentary, showing pieces of a scientific puzzle coming together, and supposed scientists putting forth theories. There were elements where I thought the initial data (body parts) was real, and neither believed nor disbelieved their conclusions. But yes, the fact that I got angry is proof I got fooled into thinking it was a sincere attempt to explain some real findings.

Dennis

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

RunningDeer (26th July 2012)

13. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)

Dennis
    If you read between the lines of my post... noting that it made me angry... well, if I had not believed it was a documentary, I would not have gotten angry (I would have just laughed.)

We have all seen enough documentaries and especially natural history/nature documentaries that we know this mocumentary followed closely along the lines of a sincere documentary, showing pieces of a scientific puzzle coming together, and supposed scientists putting forth theories. There were elements where I thought the initial data (body parts) was real, and neither believed nor disbelieved their conclusions. But yes, the fact that I got angry is proof I got fooled into thinking it was a sincere attempt to explain some real findings.

Dennis
    I agree but still I believe there is something with this... My personal theory is that we as humans, we give everything a name ( look into our history, folklore and legends ) because a individual or a group of people have experienced it. Otherwise why else does we give something a name?

Namasté, Chrononaut.

14. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,548 times in 931 posts

Dennis
    Dennis, I'm talking about mermaids in general, and this mockumentary or whatever it is, is not the first source of information about mermaid bodies being found somewhere. It does not discredit the reality of the myth. Just like those photos that circulated around the internet being remains of giants dug up in the Middle East, and were actually photomanipulations, do not discredit the actual factual British excavations that resulted with such exotic finds that were done from 1920s all the way up to the 50s.

I only asked for the location, and since you watched the mockumentary, I was interested to hear what the location is (I would expect such an information presented there).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Post:

Chrononaut (27th July 2012)

16. Link to Post #50
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by OnyxKnight (here)
    ...I only asked for the location, and since you watched the mockumentary, I was interested to hear what the location is (I would expect such an information presented there).
    Hi OnyxKnight,

I don't remember.

The video started out somewhere coastal that had been bombarded by sub-sonic frequencies by the US Navy. Northwest coast of the US? I really can't remember for sure, but it would be mentioned within one minute of the opening of this mockumentary.

HTH,

Dennis

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Chrononaut (27th July 2012), OnyxKnight (27th July 2012)

18. Link to Post #51
    Czech Republic Avalon Member haibane's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. I wouldn't have thought anyone would be fooled for more than 30 minutes into the video ... The actors are quite good, but not that good. And what really gives it away is those funky graphic interfaces on the computer screens - real life software used by real life scientists looks much more boring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3