+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Real mermaid: A scientific hypothesis.

1. Link to Post #21
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 752 posts

Default Re: Real mermaid: A scientific hypothesis.

I do not have a problem accepting mermaids, we have a long history of mermaids. Just as we have a long history of giants being past off, as children's stories. Now we have multiple skeletal remains of up to 25 feet of humanoid structures also there is evidences of a current Giant Race living in and on the Solomon Islands with eye witness testimony, Skeletal remains an 8 foot thigh bone being used as a central tent pole.
    We have spent much time in the past deriding indigenous cultures of there history, with the implication that their half wits and fantasy peddlers.
    We all so have current day testimony that current DNA experimentation is taking place with Dolphin DNA and human DNA, Aaron McCollum interviews with Kerry Cassidy.
    With the world wide reports on mermaids from all manner of people, for many centuries. There could be something in it.
    Giant squid have been wash up and filmed, less than a few decades ago they did not exist only in fisherman's fantasies. So the fisherman were right all along.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Post:

Chrononaut (26th February 2012), Holly Lindin (28th July 2012), OnyxKnight (26th July 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think a lot of us, are finding out that Myths, fairy tales, folk tales, folk law, just about anything of merit, has been debunked including all natural healing methods and if they can not succeed, it has been made illegal, or contaminated.
    Thankfully we are seeing the history, the sciences, medicines, healthcare, education, farming have been severely and deliberately polluted.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ria For This Post:

Chrononaut (26th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

I found this presentation irritating. A good example of why I don't watch TV.

So, a television network (Discovery) that is supposed to be quasi-scientifically oriented, (even if tainted by entertainment), produces a series, "Animal Planet", that (I think) usually has factual info... and they present this episode as if it is a factual reconstruction.

It was obvious to me that they were using actors to portray scientists (I know a bunch of scientists - they can't act), but they deliberately wove the tale as if it was a dramatic reconstruction of evidence and first-hand accounts. The disclaimer at the end, "...certain events in this film are fictional..." should have read, "...this entire story was deliberate fiction, pretending to be a dramatic reconstruction of real events, but was not based on any factual data or real eyewitness accounts..."

It's not really a "mock-umentary", unless they were mocking me for wasting an hour watching it. In a way, I hate to admit to being so damn gullible that I got sucked-in at all to any of this purely fictional story. I do know that SONAR or ELF sounds can confuse whales, of course we all know whales occasionally beach themselves - sometimes en masse. The show's writer knew there are many people, like me, that have a reverence and compassion for whales, and used that as audience bait.

I'm not sure if I'm more irritated with the Discovery channel, the writer of this episode, or myself.

Dennis

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Atlas (23rd December 2015), Chrononaut (26th February 2012), Debra (16th July 2012), Ellisa (27th February 2012), Flash (26th February 2012), frances (27th February 2012), haibane (16th March 2012), meat suit (26th July 2012), red_rose (16th March 2012), Siren Master (26th February 2012), Snoweagle (26th February 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Well, as I have seen a number of You Tube videos and pics that show human/fish creatures it is not much of a stretch to accept this has some basis even if it is portrayed in a story formate. not to different in the way dinosaurs are depicted.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Post:

Chrononaut (26th February 2012), frances (27th February 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Post Re: Real mermaid: A scientific hypothesis.

Thanks for all the reactions..
    This documentary let me remember the lost tapes video's from you-tube.. So why then would a show writer, actors, and others (http://www.sidbennett.com) responsible for the Animal Planet create this, why on a television network (Discovery) ? Now every Sunday finding Big-foot are playing on the air, it is also so slightly.
    like Dennis Leahy said: that is supposed to be quasi-scientifically oriented deliberately wove the tale as if it was a dramatic reconstruction of evidence and first-hand accounts..
    Then what is their agenda who's pulling the strings behind, is there something they want to tell the public in a kind of a indirect way or is this a bad taste joke to fool the mass?
    I personally think there are much more to research on because the situation is far more bigger and complicated (aqua star-gates and so on..) than what they are trying to tell us about. And I have a feeling they want to push the public taught in certain direction, again that's my personal opinion.
    And I wonder what Aaron McCollum take is on this?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrononaut For This Post:

frances (27th February 2012), Ria (26th February 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    Canada Avalon Member Fundy Gemini's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 times in 258 posts

I did get a chance to watch this last night - really enjoyed the whole concept (like a Disney show for adults!) :-)

I think it is unfortunate that it was created by Animal Planet but not properly disclosed until the end. The "Bloop" has been a real mystery and subject of many fantastical thoughts for quite a long time, and this is a very unique one I hadn't heard before. .. I liked it :-)

Of course there remains the many mermaids of folklore and the unlikely explanations to date *fun thoughts*
    --♥--
    2 All

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fundy Gemini For This Post:

Chrononaut (26th February 2012), Ellisa (27th February 2012), frances (27th February 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

I think the target is confusion to start with.

If there is any water based ETs on this planet or yet any cross genetic manipulation between human and sea animals, such video will serve to confuse us. THe cross genetic experimentation will be potential mermaids, the ETs will be folklore, and nobody knows anything for sure anymore.

Anyhow, nobody knows anything for sure in any direction with all the lies we have been sprayed with and soaking in.

I enjoyed the video as entertainment.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Art (16th July 2012), Chrononaut (26th February 2012), frances (27th February 2012), noprophet (16th March 2012), Ria (26th February 2012)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Nice mockumentary. We enjoyed watching it on this lazy Sunday afternoon.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Conaire For This Post:

Chrononaut (27th February 2012), Ellisa (27th February 2012), frances (27th February 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member ouporblowup's Avatar
    Thanks

wooooooooooooooooooooow blew my mind

ooo
    Let those who seek evil find it

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Quote Posted by markpierre (here)
    If the people aren't real, are the names? Is the scenario? If yes then it's cool. I strongly believe that it's possible. If it's contrived, what's the agenda? Who produced this vid?
    The video does seem to be clearly opposed to submarine sonar testing. If you wanted to look for an ulterior motive that might be a good place to start.

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I found this presentation irritating. A good example of why I don't watch TV.
    I felt more than a little ill when the 'merman scout' cut himself and sacrificed himself to the megalodon... there was little in their putative 'evidence' to suggest such altruism.
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi; 16th March 2012 at 19:20.

19. Link to Post #31
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

That can't be right? There are currently 3186 guest here on this forum.

20. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by applecrusher1992 (here)
    That can't be right? There are currently 3186 guest here on this forum.
    Yes, it is correct. The smelt are running, and a whole pod of visitors are in this thread.

:~)

Dennis

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

applecrusher1992 (28th May 2012), Ki's (28th May 2012)

22. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

Animal Planet had this show tonight.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

applecrusher1992 (28th May 2012)

24. Link to Post #34
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

That's good news. I encourage all visitors to go look at other forums as well.

25. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member Abhaya's Avatar
    Traveling year round mostly US. And Costa Rica:)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 times in 416 posts

Any one catch the show on animal planet? Any correspondence with the earlier posted mocumentary/documentary?

26. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member Symbolseeker's Avatar
    Thanks

When looking at records - both written and visual (symbols) - we must look also at history for context. Here is the beginning of an article, the link to it included. Based on solid research.

Stories about mermaids have been told throughout the ages. They are related in symbolism to elementals and water spirits, and appear before storms and disasters strike. Mermaids and mer-men are associated with things of the sea, and like other popular story characters, mermaids have roots in ancient cultures. Mermaid means seamaid or seawoman. Their history entwines with that of Helen and Medusa, and they are descendants of the Ancient Mariners (circa 4000 BC). Ancient navigators were called Gorgons and are the basis of the beautiful female figureheads carved on the prows of ships, symbolic of a powerful Gorgon watching the sky and sea. Some stories describe mermaids living underwater in riches and splendor, eloquent and cultured.

Go here for the rest of the info, the origin of the mermaid symbol, and some intriguing thoughts: http://whiteknightstudio.blogspot.co...-mermaids.html

27. Link to Post #37
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

28. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

I just watched this on The Discovery Channel tonight and found it interesting. Even if the "mermaids" are real, the theory regarding evolution was pure speculation. It could just as easily be a completely distinct ET or species that always lived underwater. Regardless of what you think of the premise, one of the main intentions seems to be a good one -to halt experimentation with sonar weapons. It's a little sad, though, that just killing whales isn't considered bad enough by itself. Either way, it calls attention to some sinister activities the military is engaged in for those who aren't aware of such things.

29. Link to Post #39
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

A Big Avalonian HELLO to all our (GUESTS)...

Is this what your LOOKING FOR..?

動物星球頻道【真實美人魚:科學的假設】..."

Translation: Animal Planet [real mermaid: scientific assumptions] ...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GdGBc...eature=related

PS - Watch &/or Download before it goes again...

Check Out the rest of the Project Avalon Forum - Plenty of Good info to be found...
    Last edited by jackovesk; 16th July 2012 at 04:35.

30. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Many people are saying this is a hoax, but two domains associated with the project have been seized by the feds. Though if they are trying to suppress this, they're not doing a very good job since it was seen by millions of people on cable last night.

http://believeinmermaids.com/

http://drpaulrobertson.com/

31. The Following User Says Thank You to LarryC For This Post:

Chrononaut (17th July 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast