+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Listen to the animals

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member PixieDust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 times in 212 posts

Default Re: Listen to the animals

Quote So, I have asked recently once again for signs/omens regarding an upcoming pivotal decision of whether to stay here or move on into the unknown...and Owl has not (yet) manifested/appeared. My intuition, this complex and mysterious faculty, is 'hooting'...it is time to venture forth in trust and discernment. Penetrating the darkness, looking forward and behind, scanning from a detached POV. This for me, is Owl medicine. Gratefulness for the animals.
    since you brought up animal totems and spirit guides.....

Your answer may not come in the form of the Owl Spirit.

This past spring I was on the verge of transition and suddenly pictures and videos of tigers were everywhere. TV, internet, books, my friends cell phone back ground, even a semi truck. after being overwhelmed by the image of Tiger i looked up the meaning and among a long list of attributes one was to expand your territory.

My usual guide is the Wolf. So dont always expect the same animal to come to you and when asking a question dont forget to look for all signs and messages. Even a lack there of is can be a sign. Don't forget about our insect friends too, which I usually respectfully ask my guides not to contact me this way as i dont do well with bugs!!

Peace

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PixieDust For This Post:

Alekahn (4th March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), DoubleHelix (4th March 2012), Heather2017 (4th March 2012), Kristo (4th March 2012), lyubomir (8th March 2012), NeverMind (4th March 2012), RunningDeer (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

3. Link to Post #62
    Colombia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,006 times in 210 posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	dragonfly 4 Trithemis_kirbyi.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	14344

Indeed so PixieDust, well said. I remain open to all the signs.
    Ah yes, our insect friends do bear mentioning...and the dragonfly
    is one such messenger.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Alekahn For This Post:

Debra (22nd March 2012), Kristo (4th March 2012), lyubomir (8th March 2012), misericordia (4th March 2012), mosquito (4th March 2012), NeverMind (4th March 2012), PixieDust (4th March 2012), RunningDeer (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 1,379 posts

Little Known Fact about Dragon Flys, back during the Dinosaur Era, they used to have four foot wing spans and their body size was equivalent.
    "Ignoring the evidence is simply another way of ignoring the truth."
    "Reality is always hard to accept whenever it is unpleasant. Our minds play tricks and tell us it just cannot be. Instead of accepting the truth as it is when it disturbs us, we try to deny its existence."

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DreamsInDigital For This Post:

Alekahn (4th March 2012), Carmen (6th March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), Kristo (4th March 2012), lyubomir (8th March 2012), NeverMind (4th March 2012), PixieDust (4th March 2012), RunningDeer (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

Dragonfly was a key messenger to me last year too, during the summer it was almost as though there was no other animal around !!!

What an inspirational thread with some heartwarming stories and, Alekahn, some beautiful photos, thanks !!

I'm reminded of my pet cat, when I was 26 or thereabouts. She didn't use to sleep with me, but every morning would come into my bedroom and lie next to my face purring, basically kissing me !! Then we would always follow the same ritual game - I would spreadeagle myself under the duvet, lying as flat as possible, and perfectly still. Then give a little twitch to one hand, She'd do the cat thing of staring intently, wiggling and then pouncing, but she did it in one bound, it was hilarious ! Then I'd alternate extremites, and eventually she'd be leaping all over the bed like a crazed kangaroo. Just thinking about it now makes me realise what a lovely way it was to start the day !

Fast forward to 2002, I was still married and living in Britain, and we had 2 cats. During January of that year, our no. 1 cat (Jerry) started to behave quite strangely, he was always a people-cat, followed us around like a dog, but he became even more attentive and wanting to sit with us more. Then one Saturday night, he wanted more attention than usual, I knew something was wrong, that he wanted us to stay with him, but the bedroom called ...... and in the morning I found him dead. I cried more than when my uncle had died the previous year.

I'm going to watch the video Whitefeather posted now, maybe I'm about to be converted to full-blown vegetarianism. Living in China I tend not to eat much meat at the moment as "meat" here basically means anything which comes from an animal, they literally eat everything.

I've just finished watching this video, which is truly sickening, haw can mankind call himself "superior" ?
    Last edited by mosquito; 4th March 2012 at 04:15.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

Alekahn (4th March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), Kristo (4th March 2012), lyubomir (8th March 2012), misericordia (4th March 2012), NeverMind (4th March 2012), PixieDust (4th March 2012), RunningDeer (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012), skamandar (4th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member applejax's Avatar
    Thanks

may i ask, how do you find your animal guide/spirit? for the past 2-3 years i've seen dragonflies (only during times when i'm in distress, due to my situations and not being able to figure out what i need to do next)...they tend to show up out of the blue when i don't feel confident about myself as well. could that be my animal guide?

also in my apartment complex, there's this bird with an orange beak -- sings lovely songs, and when i come out, it whistles to me -- the same kind of whistling that a guy does when they see a pretty lady. it's funny when i think about it though. does it all the time. haven't seen it lately -- i hope it's ok...

lovely topic if i may add thanks for sharing your stories too

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to applejax For This Post:

Alekahn (5th March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), Kristo (4th March 2012), lyubomir (8th March 2012), NeverMind (4th March 2012), RunningDeer (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Quote there's this bird with an orange beak -- sings lovely songs, and when i come out, it whistles to me -- the same kind of whistling that a guy does when they see a pretty lady. it's funny when i think about it though. does it all the time.
    Sounds - literally - like a he-blackbird.
    Their beaks are a bright yellow, but they often can appear orange, especially in sunlight.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Samsara (3rd June 2012)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Alekahn (here)
    Ah yes, our insect friends do bear mentioning...and the dragonfly
    is one such messenger.

Would you mind telling more about this?

I've always had a strange attraction to dragonflies (it's not strange really, they are such fairy-like creatures), as well as to seahorses.
    There is something utterly magical to those two animals.

Oh, and to see the dance of fireflies in some dark meadow, in early June... :)

God, this Earth is so painfully beautiful.
    Last edited by NeverMind; 4th March 2012 at 11:02.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Alekahn (5th March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), mosquito (4th March 2012), RunningDeer (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

15. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member PixieDust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 times in 212 posts

Quote Posted by applejax (here)
    may i ask, how do you find your animal guide/spirit? for the past 2-3 years i've seen dragonflies (only during times when i'm in distress, due to my situations and not being able to figure out what i need to do next)...they tend to show up out of the blue when i don't feel confident about myself as well. could that be my animal guide?

Im sure there are other more qualified members that are better read on the subject, but from my experience there is one main animal that guides you. This will be an animal bird insect or fish that as always had a strong influence in your life. Like I said earlier, mine is the Wolf. Ive always been fascinated by wolves and they give me a sense of calm when i see them. Pictures mostly I dont live in an area where there are natural wolves. My friends guide was a blue whale.

Then there are "messengers" when your guides (animal or otherwise) has a message for you or is answering a question they send other animals (fish birds insects) that represent that answer or message.

Then i think there are visitors that dont actually mean anything but are nice to have around. Like your bird friend that sings to you. I have crows that follow me. Sometimes Hawks watch me travel when making a long trip. Its always good acknowledge these types of visitors respectfully. Take a moment to let them know you see them and appreciate them.

Hopefully this isnt pushing off topic.

Thats my understanding of the whole spirit guide thing.

Peace

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PixieDust For This Post:

Alekahn (5th March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), NeverMind (5th March 2012), RunningDeer (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

17. Link to Post #69
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

There is a giant strawberry blonde blue bear who has travelled with me throughout this life time. As a child up until about three years ago, when she made herself noticeable to me through my dreams, I would always seem to run away from her out of fear.
    When finially releasing the fear from this great spirit, I was able to embrace her...
    I literally embraced her... And returned great wisdom and love into my soul. Since then, I find myself admirably walking in her footsteps, through lessons and land.

She tends to hibernate through the winter months, just as she should... And as Spring nears I usually have this overwhelming urgency to to find her again. Although, this winter she has not fallen into a deep slumber(coincedentally enough- I just learned recently that bears don't "truly hibernate"). I catch her out of the corner of my perfifral vision walking through my back yard. I do not see her in "fur and flesh" though.. She is a shadow. It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
    I become overwhelmed with joy and gratitude hence physically lightened and start glowing to know that the veil is REALLY diminishing.. Everything is coming together;
    I could only wish that more people became aquainted with their totems.. (and we just don't have one- many come and go as lessons come to light.).

Enjoy the sunshine... Bask in it!!!!

Love, gypsy

Still I wander...
    From the depths of the past
    where time ceases to exist...right now
    I used to see her often
    Unexpected visits
    Feelings of happiness and fright
    Her size is overwhelming
    Her eyes are so wise
    I am longing to embrace her
    Missing her presence in my dreams
    Is she just primal, mothering instinct
    Or a companion by my side
    Is she just hibernating
    Or has she already given my soul all her wisdom
    That it needs
    I have been searching throughout my mind-scape
    Through the bleak and barren
    Isolated fields of raw thought and emotion
    I tread eagerly to find her
    I thought she was devoted
    Come back to me
    I'm pleading
    Patiently awaiting
    For a glimpse of her amber fur
    Hoping she will awaken
    Return to me
    Now that Spring is here
    Last edited by gypsybutterflykiss; 4th March 2012 at 21:19.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gypsybutterflykiss For This Post:

Alekahn (4th March 2012), Debra (23rd March 2012), lyubomir (8th March 2012), NeverMind (5th March 2012), PixieDust (4th March 2012), RunningDeer (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

19. Link to Post #70
    Netherlands Avalon Member Black Panther's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,849 times in 847 posts

"A Bottlenose dolphin mother gives her dead baby
    to the Dolphin Research Team in the Laguna Madre Bay,
    South Padre Island, TX. This mother now has a new baby
    born Nov 18th 2008 it is doing very well"

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

Alekahn (6th March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), lyubomir (8th March 2012), NeverMind (6th March 2012), Ol' Roy (6th March 2012), RunningDeer (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

21. Link to Post #71
    United States Avalon Member Ol' Roy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,559 times in 399 posts

Black Panther, That one made me cry.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ol' Roy For This Post:

Alekahn (6th March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), lyubomir (8th March 2012), NeverMind (6th March 2012), RunningDeer (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ol' Roy (here)
    Black Panther, That one made me cry.
    Me too. I couldn't bear watching it.
    Beauty has the habit of breaking my heart.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Alekahn (6th March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), lyubomir (8th March 2012), red_rose (6th March 2012), RunningDeer (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

25. Link to Post #73
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    You must watch this video. 5 Stars Easy!
    It's great! In a strange way I came away with a sense of hope that we'll (people) get there, too. The kitty and the crow are from MA which is one state over from where I live in CT.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Debra (22nd March 2012), lyubomir (8th March 2012), Marianne (18th August 2016), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

27. Link to Post #74
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kristo (here)
    I have found that animals think in 'pictures'. My pets send me images as to what they want or need. And if I want to communicate to them I think of the image (Example: If I want my dog Apollo to jump up in the bed with me, I picture him on it.) Works for us! :-)

All of them sure are pure of heart. I would be leary of anyone who can't bond with animals- Sum Ting Wong with them....
    Meet Apollo!
    I never had the words for it but "animals think in pictures" makes sense. My Yorkie, named Wolf or Wolfie, just keeps staring. He's darn persistent and went I "open" to his request, I've got it. It is flashes of pictures that he sends me.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alekahn (16th April 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), lyubomir (8th March 2012), Marianne (18th August 2016), NeverMind (6th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

29. Link to Post #75
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I live in a rural part of Connecticut, so it is not unusual to see wildlife. Often when I ask for guidance, animals find their way onto the property. On July, 2010, I asked for a sign that I was on the right path and less than an hour later there was a 100% white crow caw-cawing in my pine tree just 50 feet away. And again early morning, on October, 2010, I had a pressing question/confirmation and tossed it out to my guides. Several hours later, there was a 100% black deer right in the middle of a country road waiting for his buddy to cross the pasture while my dog and I were out for a walk.

In both cases, I was not aware until I researched that there are 100% white crows and black deers. For me, they served to demonstrate the elements of synchronicity, free choice, and confirmation.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 6th March 2012 at 23:18.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Debra (22nd March 2012), Marianne (18th August 2016), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

31. Link to Post #76
    Colombia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,006 times in 210 posts

This amazing young child epitomizes 'listening to the animals'.
    There are many videos of her...this is one of my favorites.
    She is now in her teens, living in France.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alekahn For This Post:

Carmen (9th March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), PixieDust (9th March 2012), RunningDeer (10th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

33. Link to Post #77
    Netherlands Avalon Member Black Panther's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,849 times in 847 posts

And again, Dolphins!

"About 30 Dolphins stranded and saved by local people at
    Arraial do Cabo (Brazil) in the morning at 8:00 AM on March 5th 2012."
    Last edited by Black Panther; 9th March 2012 at 22:58. Reason: YouTube desciption added
    Remember Who You Are!

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

Alekahn (11th March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), Marianne (18th August 2016), PixieDust (9th March 2012), RunningDeer (10th March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

35. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Alekahn (here)
    This amazing young child epitomizes 'listening to the animals'.
    There are many videos of her...this is one of my favorites.
    She is now in her teens, living in France.

I came across Tippi recently. She's amazing. There are people that are trying to say some episodes are photoshopped. But it's clear to me, Tippi is a natural. Thanks for the vid, Alekahn!

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alekahn (11th March 2012), Marianne (18th August 2016), Samsara (3rd June 2012)

37. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Black Panther (here)
    Quote Posted by Carmen (here)
    I've been away on a week long horse trek over mountains, rivers and bogs. Horses abilities never fail to amaze me. My animals have been all over me since returning, vying for attention! Not sure if it's because they missed me or something is up. My Mareema dog refused to stay with my daughter, he kept returning home to look after his 'patch'.
    Since I woke up I have a lot more 'contact' with animals. For expample
    a duck who came visiting me some days. Like he was watching me and
    trying to tell me something. I asked a friend of Granny
    (https://projectavalon.net/forum4/member.php?2541-granny)
    (still haven't heard of her since may 2011) from the website
    Animal Spirits www.animalspirits.com, but she didn't
    answered about me seeing the duck. I believe it has something
    to do with flooding. As we live under the sea level here in the
    Netherlands it isn't really great to live here with all those Earth changes.

@crested-duck. Maybe you can help me ?

A lot of cats running round the house lately and looking me in the eyes a lot of times.
    I have also seen a lot of Herons. Meaning self-determination and self-reliance.
    I see a lot about Dolphins lately. https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...e-legal-rights

Great thread. I think we all should listen to our friends and
    take care of them in stead of eating them.
    I didn't realize that this thread was here, but have subscribed to it.

I don't know what happened to Granny, nor do I have an email. I do hope she is fine though and just not doing much on the computer these days.

if you want to reach me, the best thing to do is to PM me here. Also, I need to change the email addy on animalspriits.com which I will try and do today or tomorrow. I am in the process of updating the whole second page.

Look up each of those animals on the website and the first one of the teachings that jumps out at you is their message. Be sure you do it fast so your mind/ego doesn't have time to control the message.

Trust your instincts.

animalspirits.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to animalspirits For This Post:

Alekahn (22nd March 2012), Black Panther (21st March 2012), Debra (22nd March 2012), Marianne (18th August 2016), NeverMind (22nd March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012), Sierra (18th August 2016)

39. Link to Post #80
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Loving this thread, thank you for starting it. I have my own personal story of being awakened to the wisdom of animals, their unconditional love - especially from those we live with, and also their ability to serve us in the most breath taking ways, even those we only meet once.

For me it was a pidgeon that my son had spotted in the middle of the road, walking in circles. I parked the car and went to see what was wrong. I put my hand down near it on the road way and it climbed onto the back of my hand. As I lifted it up, I noticed that its eyes were closed and filled with stuff, glued together.

I decided to get a box from inside my house, so that I could take it to a vet to be treated. I carefully placed the pidgeon off the road onto some grass under a hedge, so I could find what I needed. However when I returned a few minutes later, the pidgeon was gone. I searched up and down the street, and across the road at a creek. Could not see it. I thought to myself, perhaps this bird has been this way for some time, and survives ok. I was still confused though and decided to give up and went inside. Two hours later, a visitor came calling to pick up my son and I noticed something bobbing up and down next to my car in the drive way. It was the pidgeon. I could not believe it. So, I went up to it and it climbed onto my hand again but this time, I was shaken to my core because I heard from this bird like a voice as clear as a human standing right beside me, and it said (I won´t give the name it used) but it said: ´name´is very sick, just like I am
    I was with my son, his friend and the friend´s father, and I was gobsmacked. Obviously, I was only experiencing this, not them. I took the bird to the vet and left it there. I was told it would be assessed and evaluated and that hopefully it would be placed with someone for ongoing care and released into the wild.

For the rest of the afternoon, I felt very uneasy, vulnerable and close to tears and indeed did wonder about my friend who the pidgeon named, because he was about 8000 miles away at the time. Then, about 4 hours afterwards, I got a text message on my mobil from this person, saying ´I am as sick as a dog .. I have been this way for days´ I was flabbergasted. I texted back, and said yes, I know a little bird told me. And told him the story as well.

These days, when an animal approaches me, especially birds, I stay alert. I have not had one talk to me so clearly since that time, but I would love for it to happen again.

animalspirits, I am so glad I have discovered yourself in all of this. I´ve just spent time reading on your websites.

Thanks to all on here, to Alekahn for sharing that amazing video of Tippi, and to Lyubomir for starting this conversation.

Very grateful,
    Zebra

Quote Posted by animalspirits (here)

I didn't realize that this thread was here, but have subscribed to it.

I don't know what happened to Granny, nor do I have an email. I do hope she is fine though and just not doing much on the computer these days.

if you want to reach me, the best thing to do is to PM me here. Also, I need to change the email addy on animalspriits.com which I will try and do today or tomorrow. I am in the process of updating the whole second page.

Look up each of those animals on the website and the first one of the teachings that jumps out at you is their message. Be sure you do it fast so your mind/ego doesn't have time to control the message.

Trust your instincts.

animalspirits.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

Alekahn (22nd March 2012), animalspirits (22nd March 2012), Carmen (3rd June 2012), Fred Steeves (3rd June 2012), Kristo (22nd March 2012), Marianne (18th August 2016), NeverMind (22nd March 2012), Samsara (3rd June 2012), Sierra (18th August 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast