1. Link to Post #61
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,857 times in 21,554 posts

Default Re: DIY easy, high dose anti-oxidant therapy

Quote Posted by frozen alchemy (here)
    BUMP! There's a fascinating ongoing discussion about liposomal Vitamin C going on over at ATS:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread846311/pg1
    The opening post of that ATS thread, and some more posts further down the thread by the same poster, dominicus, sound "too good to be true" to me.

All the recipes I've seen for making liposomal Vitamin C involve soaking the lecithin in water overnight (or days) to get the lecithin thoroughly saturated, before making the liposomal Vitamin C in the ultrasonic cleaner. I'm not sure I trust the recipe in this ATS thread, which has one putting the lecithin in nearly boiling water instead ... just not sure.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (1st May 2014)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

I have been making my own LipoC for 3 months now.It's easy. No soaking or even putting gin frig. The yahoo group DIY-LET is the best place to learn how.

But I can give my 'recipe' here if anyone wants it.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

4. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by nearing (here)
    I have been making my own LipoC for 3 months now.It's easy. No soaking or even putting gin frig. The yahoo group DIY-LET is the best place to learn how.

But I can give my 'recipe' here if anyone wants it.
    Me, me, I do. Thanks for the offer to share info on your machine. I'm really excited to start on this.

5. Link to Post #64
    Thanks

Paul, I think the energy and clearmindedness they're getting off of it may be related more to the lecithin than the Vitamin C, but everyone's deficiency levels obviously would be in play. I've been taking lecithin for years and it definitely has wakey-verbally enabling properties (acetylcholine source which is the wakefulness brain chemical). I'm eager to find out how this works on me in comparison; supplies have been ordered, should be here in the next day or two. Since I have decades-long Crohns and a lot of intestine missing and damaged from that, I need all the help with absorption I can get. I have several friends in the medical field who are going to experiment with this also; they've wondered how it would be for saponizing (? is that the term?) other supplements. One powders and dries his own wheat grass and is going to try that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to frozen alchemy For This Post:

7. Link to Post #65
    England Avalon Member Connecting with Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 354 posts

I just got myself a new ultrasonic cleaner from ebay and will give it a try... I do a lot of urine therapy and don't feel I need it, but my wife doesn't and is having good effects with vitamin C and drinking distilled water although she is getting the runs (not sure if it is vit C or the 3-4 litre of distilled water a day)... although I've been getting mild detox effect with just distilled water and urine therapy in the 4litre's per day amount...

The ultraosnic cleaner I got was £60 from Belgium inc postage
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2607424542...84.m1439.l2649

...and has the 2.5 litre heated tank as recommended.

If nothing else, I'll have a clean watch and sparkling crystals and silverwear
    John Shore

CWSauce

My new website
    www.HealingShores.com

Some testimonials of my distant healing

Some amazing threads worth checking out to get health back on track, stay balanced and thrive..

Gall Bladder AND Liver flushing
    Taking the Piss Your Own Perfect Medicine

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Connecting with Sauce For This Post:

conk (5th June 2012), Joanne Shepard (24th April 2014)

9. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

Here is the model that I bought and am very happy with:

http://ultrasonicsdirect.com/shheuljeclst1.html

($198)

I can make 3 batches at one time in it which I then pour into old Perrier 750ml bottles and store in frig for the week - which for me is plenty. 3 batches uses up one and a half Perrier bottles. I drink about 4-6 shot glasses of the mixture every day.

One of the reasons I prefer this US machine over the first one I bought from Harbor freight ($30) beside the fact that the small one could only hold one batch is the cleanup. The small one has plastic that catches the drips and you cannot get the mix out of it after a while. Eventually, I imagine, it will short out.

The recipe:

[Keep in mind that I triple this for one batch in my larger US machine.]

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon ascorbic acid (aka AA) (if you want to skip the buffering process buy sodium ascorbate instead of the ascorbic acid) (Pure Bulk online site)
    1.5 teaspoons aluminum free baking soda (Bob's Red Mill) (local natural grocery store)
    3 tablespoons nonGMO soy lecithin granules (if you want to avoid soy, get sunflower lecithin and use 1 tablespoon) (local natural grocery store or online can find NOW brand)
    distilled water (I make my own)

Process:

--4 ounces distilled water and the AA go into a blender (or use stick blender)
    --add the baking soda a little at a time until the foaming calms down and then blend for a minute. (you are trying to get a neutral pH here so you may want to use Ph strips to be really sure)
    --add 8 ounces more distilled water and the lecithin and blend again for 2 minutes
    --put into US machine and let run for 30 minutes.
    --pour into dark glass bottles (old wine bottles work well)

One shot glass is about 1.5 grams of C with this recipe) I have taken a whole 750ml bottle of this in a day and not had any bowel problems, which you cannot do with plain AA - you will get diarrhea.

This group is a great source of ongoing experimentation and help. The people there had done this with Glutathione powder and other antioxidants as well.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/DIY-LET/

Let me know if you all have any questions.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

conk (6th June 2012), Connecting with Sauce (6th June 2012), Joanne Shepard (1st May 2014), ThePythonicCow (6th June 2012)

11. Link to Post #67
    England Avalon Member Connecting with Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 354 posts

BUMP! There's a fascinating ongoing discussion about liposomal Vitamin C going on over at ATS:

from the link above...

"..It has also given me vast sexual energy and random erections like as if i have ate a bunch of ginseng. I cant give enough thumbs up to this stuff"

lol... This should be fun!!! Can't wait now to get it
    John Shore

CWSauce

My new website
    www.HealingShores.com

Some testimonials of my distant healing

Some amazing threads worth checking out to get health back on track, stay balanced and thrive..

Gall Bladder AND Liver flushing
    Taking the Piss Your Own Perfect Medicine

12. Link to Post #68
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The recipe:
    Thanks!

1.5 teaspoons aluminum free baking soda (Bob's Red Mill) (local natural grocery store)
    I thought most baking soda's were aluminum free - all just sodium bicarbonate.

It's the baking powder that typically has aluminum. See further http://www.crunchybetty.com/the-grea...soda-anti-hoax .

--pour into dark glass bottles (old wine bottles work well)
    I would have figured that refrigeration was important (to keep the lecithin from going rancid), but I had not realised that keeping light out was important. I store it in clear glass Mason jars, and had not noticed a problem even after a few weeks. Am I missing something ?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

14. Link to Post #69
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    One can make gallons of fresh liposomal Vitamin C (or of liposomal glutathione) for the price of one bottle of the prepared solution ... and be sure of using fresh lecithin kept refrigerated until use, and refrigerate the resulting solution as soon as made.
    The amateur efforts to improve liposomal processing continue.

See for example this post from November of 2013 (3 months ago now) on Longecity.org: Make your own Liposomal Vitamin C, Resveratrol and Curcumin.

The notion of liposomal curcumin looks like a winner to me, and the post's recommendation of the heavier duty iSonic Ultrasonic Cleaner model P4810 looks good as well, for those of us who look to be doing this for a while. Curcumin (the star ingredient in turmeric) is difficult to absorb unless some special measures are taken, and it's fat soluble, so I imagine that putting it in liposomal form would improve absorption.

Listen to the just posted Dr. Mercola's Interview With Dr. LaValley About Curcumin for some of the reasons why one might want to ingest (and absorb) plenty of curcumin:
    I see in the above Longecity.org post that the nonsense about Bob's Red Mill bicarbonate of soda persists. More or less all bicarbonate of soda is aluminum free. It's the baking powder, not the baking soda, that usually has aluminum.

Personally, I mix a 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water, one tablespoon (15 ml) of ascorbic acid powder, 3/4 teaspoon potassium bicarbonate (approx 3.6 ml), and 1/4 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate (approx 1.2 ml) in my blender (which holds over a quart, aka liter). So no need to go all that slow, as there is sufficient room for the carbon dioxide bubbles to form. I blend that up, and when the bubbles settle down, pour it into the ultrasonic cleaner along with the 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of lecithin that has been soaking in a cup (240 ml) of water for hours (or days). In general, for this purpose and for re-mineralizing my drinking water, I go with roughly a 3:1 ratio of potassium to sodium.

Baking soda, aka sodium bicarbonate, aka bicarbonate of soda, is easy to find. The potassium bicarbonate is harder to find; I recommend nuts.com for that (at least for those who can receive shipments from the US easily.)

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Alan (26th February 2014), conk (26th February 2014), fourty-two (28th March 2014), Joanne Shepard (28th April 2014), onawah (25th February 2014)

16. Link to Post #70
    Australia Avalon Member Shannow's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got an old book "Arthritis and Common Sense"...which makes a lot of sense.

The author has a downer on juices, and is pro cod-liver oil, but his main item is to have a mix of cod liver oil and orange juice, mixed, and shaken vigorously, or poured at a height from one glass to another 20-40 times (more better), to "atomise" the oil, so that it makes it to the joint.

I always thought that the liposomal C, and the Cod Liver/Orange Juice was the perfect demonstration of both...minimal Vit C in the orange juice, liposomal via the cod liver oil, and "atomised' oil getting into the blood stream, rather than globulating through the intestine.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (24th April 2014), panopticon (24th April 2014), ThePythonicCow (26th March 2014)

18. Link to Post #71
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

Thank you EVER SO MUCH, Paul, for reawakening this thread. I clicked on page one this morning - I do that when I'm going into a thread for the first time and it is multiple pages long, just to get a feel for what the subject is - and I didn't make it to page 4 until just now. I have spent the entire day immersed in discovery about liposomal vitamin C. I will be buying an ultrasonic cleaner tomorrow, plus some sunflower lecithin and food source vitamin C. I'm very, very excited about the potential for healing.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (24th April 2014)

20. Link to Post #72
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

can you use wholefood vitamin c?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to penn For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (28th April 2014)

22. Link to Post #73
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Connecting with Sauce (here)

from the link above...

"..It has also given me vast sexual energy and random erections like as if i have ate a bunch of ginseng. I cant give enough thumbs up to this stuff"

lol... This should be fun!!! Can't wait now to get it

I've been reading this thread, just ordered the ingredients needed to make some liposomal vit c.

I thought I'd bump the thread, in the hopes of Sauce chiming in with experiences, and any updates from Paul or other users.

Great thread, thank you.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minkton For This Post:

avid (16th April 2014), Joanne Shepard (28th April 2014), Unicorn (16th April 2014)

24. Link to Post #74
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Although not directly on topic, I’m trying to get word out about a new process to make significantly higher potency liposomal vitamin C. I’m selling nothing (there are not even ads on the site), I simply want to help people make better liposomal vitamin C.

Here is the link: http://qualityliposomalc.com

Thanks!

Chris

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qualityliposomalc For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (24th April 2014), ThePythonicCow (26th April 2014)

26. Link to Post #75
    United States Avalon Member Joanne Shepard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by qualityliposomalc (here)
    Although not directly on topic, I’m trying to get word out about a new process to make significantly higher potency liposomal vitamin C. I’m selling nothing (there are not even ads on the site), I simply want to help people make better liposomal vitamin C.

Thanks!

Chris
    I went to your sight and I even have it made and in the frig now, Im blending it for 24 hrs , thank you for your link

27. Link to Post #76
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Let me know how it turns out!

Thanks,

Chris

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qualityliposomalc For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (25th April 2014), minkton (26th April 2014)

29. Link to Post #77
    United States Avalon Member Joanne Shepard's Avatar
    Thanks

Let me know how it turns out!

Thanks,

Chris
    I started taking it this morning The only thing I changed was I used my home made wine 17% alcohol.

Ive noticed feeling more alert and seems more energy too. I really over did things yesterday too. So I will continue to pay close attention to how I feel and come back and edit this post

Thank You again

One question,,,, would it be possible for you to break down your recipe into cups
    Last edited by Joanne Shepard; 25th April 2014 at 22:46.

30. Link to Post #78
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

I made the vit C liposomal solution and it stayed in solution, seemed to be better than 75% effective. But when I tried to make curcumin/vitamin C, it did not work at all - instant separation. I started taking the vit C and started having my corn allergy symptoms. Come to find out, most ascorbic acid comes from corn. I had mixed the ascorbic acid with a small amount of berry-source vit C so my body would recognize it as "food." So, I sent off for far more expensive vit C 100% from berries - no corn. I'll be making more liposome with it tomorrow and try again.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (26th April 2014)

32. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks!

Chris
    This would be well worth its own thread, in my view.

I've been making liposomal Vitamin C (and glutathione) for a couple of years now, and your work is the first significant advance I've seen in this recipe.

If you don't feel inspired to compose your original thread title, you're welcome to take some variant of this suggestion: New recipe for much higher quality liposomal Vitamin C.

Thanks for the good work!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Snowflower (here)
    I made the vit C liposomal solution and it stayed in solution, seemed to be better than 75% effective. But when I tried to make curcumin/vitamin C, it did not work at all - instant separation.
    I've tried liposomal curcumin as well, and get dreadful results (using the "classic" home-made liposomal techniques.)

I attribute this to curcumin being much more easily dissolved in oil than in water, and liposomal techniques relying on encapsulating a water soluble ingredient inside the liposomes.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

34. Link to Post #80
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have read of very successful vit c made using rose hip powder. Apparently tastes better and is cheaper to buy. There is a massive thread at T-Tapp exercise forum, available to read via google.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to minkton For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast