+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iodine May Cure Your Diabetes

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Default Iodine May Cure Your Diabetes

Article by Dr. Flechas: Orthoiodosupplementation in a Primary Care Practice:
    http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-10/IOD_10.htm

for the full article regarding diabetes go to: http://www.healthy-eating-politics.c...es-iodine.html

Is There a Diabetes Iodine Link?

Is there a diabetes iodine link? There is some evidence that iodine has a very beneficial effect on blood sugar control. The following note talks about this.

It is from a paper written by a physician name Jorge Flechas, I believe his practice is in North Carolina. Dr Flechas is discussing the use of Iodoral, an iodine supplement to treat fibrocystic breast disease (FBD); while treating a woman for FBD, he discovered a diabetes iodine connection.
    Dr. Flechas writes:

<b>
    "It was while treating a large 320-pound woman with insulin dependent diabetes that we learned a valuable lesson regarding the role of iodine in hormone receptor function.
    </b>
    This woman had come in via the emergency room with a very high random blood sugar of 1,380 mg/dl. She was then started on insulin during her hospitalization and was instructed on the use of a home glucometer. She was to use her glucometer two times per day.
    Two weeks later on her return office visit for a checkup of her insulin dependent diabetes she was informed that during her hospital physical examination she was noted to have Fibrocystic Breast Disease.
    She was recommended to start on 50 mg of iodine(4 tablets) at that time. One week later she called us requesting to lower the level of insulin due to having problems with hypoglycemia. She was told to continue to drop her insulin levels as long as she was experiencing hypoglycemia and to monitor her blood sugars carefully with her glucometer.
    Four weeks later during an office visit her glucometer was downloaded to my office computer, which showed her to have an average random blood sugar of 98. I praised the patient for her diligent efforts to control her diet and her good work at keeping her sugars under control with the insulin.
    She then informed me that she had come off her insulin three weeks earlier and had not been taking any medications to lower her blood sugar. When asked what she felt the big change was, she felt that her diabetes was under better control due to the use of iodine.
    Two years later and 70 pounds lighter this patient continues to have excellent glucose control on iodine 50 mg per day."
    In an interview with Jimmy Moore, Dr. Flechas explained the diabetes iodine interaction: "The iodine attaches itself to hormone receptors within the body and increases the sensitivity of the receptor to its associated hormone. In this patient's case, the iodine increased her sensitivity to the hormone insulin to the point of normalizing her blood sugars."

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

aranuk (26th February 2012), CdnSirian (26th February 2012), conk (28th February 2012), fifi (27th February 2012), giovonni (26th February 2012), NancyV (26th February 2012), nearing (26th February 2012), Ria (26th February 2012), seko (28th February 2012), selinam (26th February 2012), spiritguide (26th February 2012), WhiteFeather (26th February 2012), Woody (28th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Thumbs up Re: Iodine May Cure Your Diabetes

That you Arrow

i know you are naturalist healing practitioner, and i thank you for bringing this to the forums attention !

As you might know, i am a diabetic, and i accidentally found out about this several years ago... Back then i discussed this with (my then) medical doctor- But unfortunately got nowhere with him. Note - this year i drastically changed my diet and have greatly reduced the amount of insulin i am using now !

Here's more on this: http://www.naturalnews.com/023095_di...r_natural.html

Blessings Gio

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Iodine May Cure Your Diabetes

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    That you Arrow

i know you are naturalist healing practitioner, and i thank you for bringing this to the forums attention !

As you might know, i am a diabetic, and i accidentally found out about this several years ago... Back then i discussed this with (my then) medical doctor- But unfortunately got nowhere with him. Note - this year i drastically changed my diet and have greatly reduced the amount of insulin i am using now !

Blessings Gio
    Glad you are improving that situation Gio. I see no reason why you just cant start the lugols or the tablet form on your own. You should not really need help. Your a smart guy. Only issue is if you have thyroid problems. Generally iodine will improve thyroid issues but medication will likely need to be reduced. Hashimotos is a whole other deal and a doctor is needed for that one.

Just have your sliding scale plan ready when you start so you can adjust your insulin accordingly.. You probabaly have one already. Most diabetics do.
    You should also know Giovanni, that MMS has cured some cases of diabetes also.

oh, and dont forget to take 200mcg of selenium a day with it..
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 26th February 2012 at 05:56.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

giovonni (26th February 2012), Ria (26th February 2012), Woody (28th February 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    That you Arrow

Blessings Gio
    Hi Gio,

I have discovered this product and have been using for over a year now and it has helped me reverse my blood sugar problems. It is called Eleotin. They also have formulations that normalize the metabolic system. There is a lot of information about diabetes available on their web site. All natural formulations.

http://www.eastwoodcompanies.com/home.html

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Swanette For This Post:

Arrowwind (27th February 2012), NancyV (26th February 2012), Ria (26th February 2012), WhiteFeather (26th February 2012), Woody (28th February 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

have been using lugols 15%, painted on alternative feet daily, it has taken 10 months for iodine levels to get back to normal, this is used in conjunction with magnesium oil aplied transdermally, even after 5 months of mms,liver flushes etc, iodine still brought out candida i thought had been dealt with

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fathertedsmate For This Post:

Swanette (26th February 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by fathertedsmate (here)
    have been using lugols 15%, painted on alternative feet daily, it has taken 10 months for iodine levels to get back to normal, this is used in conjunction with magnesium oil aplied transdermally, even after 5 months of mms,liver flushes etc, iodine still brought out candida i thought had been dealt with
    Thanks fathertedsmate,

I just purchased some magnesium oil and am hoping it will help bring up my mag levels. I have been reading a lot of very good things about magnesium chloride oil. BTW, I have found that pro-biotics(yoghurt) and Okinawa powered coral minerals can help with candida.
    cheers, Swanie

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Arrowind your on a roll. Please thread away. Wanishi.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

12. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Iodine is critical in preventing, and curing, breast cancer. All women with breast cancer are deficient in iodine and selenium (Brazil nuts, three a day).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Unicorn (15th November 2016)

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Iodine is critical in preventing, and curing, breast cancer. All women with breast cancer are deficient in iodine and selenium (Brazil nuts, three a day).
    I use to do the brazil nut thing and then I was advised that they dont tend to have selenium like they use to so I went back to pills
    Since fibrocystic breasts are a leading predisposition to breast cancer getting rid of it would be a good thing.
    I had it and after iodine now its gone, along with benign thyroid cysts.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

conk (28th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread