+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Gulf Oil Aftermath. What now?

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

Exclamation Gulf Oil Aftermath. What now?

So for now the cap holds. This doesn't mean its over. Although we can be sure the MSM will be dropping the issue in favour of lady gaga's latest exploits or something along those lines but the disaster in the entire region isn't going away, it's getting worse. There are reports showing up on youtube and other web based media outlets that are showing that things are indeed getting much worse and in some cases nothing is being done.

Let this thread be the focal point for the people of the Gulf region. The stories, all gathered and posted here will help raise awareness and hopefully light a fire under the right persons butt and get the militatry in there to start saving lives.

2. Link to Post #2
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 times in 519 posts

Default Re: Gulf Oil Aftermath. What now?

i am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but plants atm is not my priority....

This video has been posted again in this forum but a repeat might be good

Breaking News Water Test Beaker Explodes From Gulf

Look how many ppl are at the beaches... the kids omg ... i keep seeing this and is heart breaking. The kids...

You know guys this is weird... i mean Even if the cap is capped as bp says wouldnt you wait a few weeks ... a few days at least before going for a bath? i mean its weird.

3. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member ascendingstarseed's Avatar
    Thanks

As time progresses we're surely going to see a variety of side effects and fall-out from the enormous amount of a variety of toxins that have been unleashed on to the environment. Videos and reports are starting to appear from people all over the Mid-West and Eastern half of the US reporting side effects on plants apparently due to toxic rain. In addition, Dr Riki Ott has been reporting health related problems BP has been suppressing from the media. I recently read a story about four unexplained, unrelated drownings in beach's where toxins from the water may have played a part in causing respiratory failure while the victims were swimming. As time passes we're going to see more and more of these videos and reports surfacing, here are a bunch of videos related to the effects of toxic rain on trees, plants and fish, as well as the health related problems that are beginning to appear.

Dr Riki Ott on Keith Oberman, on health problems showing up in Gulf coast residents and the suppression of evidence by BP

Deadly fish kill in North Dakota, an entire reservoir of fish dies after downpour

Article on fish ND kill:
    http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/35727/

Extensive tree and plant damage in Ft Worth, TX

Here's Rachel Maddow talking to Dr Ott about the toxic effects of the dispersants and the oil on public health, along with the importance of boosting your immune system, wearing respirators and getting warnings out to the public of what symptoms to watch for

Plant damage in Gulf Breeze, FL

Here's a lady in Ohio showing damage in her garden

And here's a guy as far northwest as Iowa...wow

Finally a report from Iowa where samples tested by horticulturist say they've never seen anything like this kind of damage and it looks like chemical or pesticide damage...

Sadly enough, that's probably the tip of the iceberg and more developments will arise as time passes. Then, when people start seeing everything around them dying, that will most certainly cause a paradigm shift for millions of Americans...

Love and Blessings to all!
    ~A~}

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Etherios (here)
    This video has been posted again in this forum but a repeat might be good....Look how many ppl are at the beaches... the kids omg ... i keep seeing this and is heart breaking. The kids... a few days at least before going for a bath? i mean its weird.
    I was horrified after viewing that video recently, watching the kids splashing around in toxic water. People just don't think, some of the plant videos have people touching the leaves and the grass, or people walking around barefooted in oily rain!

Not sure I want to know what made that beaker explode...that's alarming.

btw Etherios...what happens to plant life should be a great concern to everyone everywhere because these toxins don't discriminate. If the dispersant's stay in the water and don't disperse, toxins will continue to permeate the environment and will kill most everything including wheat, corn, soy beans, rice...crops that sustain life.

So my question has been is this not only an attempt at genocide Gulf coast residents through gassing, but also through starvation as a result of food shortages caused by massive crop failure at harvest time? Most of the moisture for the corn belt comes from the Gulf, and the rest comes from the West coast and the Pacific northwest from the West.

5. Link to Post #5
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 times in 519 posts

ascendingstarseed if we keep letting our children bath in that ... we wont have to wait for the plants to effect us.. we will be really bad already....

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Quote Posted by Etherios (here)
    i am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but plants atm is not my priority....

This video has been posted again in this forum but a repeat might be good

Breaking News Water Test Beaker Explodes From Gulf

Look how many ppl are at the beaches... the kids omg ... i keep seeing this and is heart breaking. The kids...

You know guys this is weird... i mean Even if the cap is capped as bp says wouldnt you wait a few weeks ... a few days at least before going for a bath? i mean its weird.
    This is what I've been concerned about the whole time! So many people are all happy like "ding dong the witch is dead" but she is just hiding in another form. Appearances are not what they seem to be, we need to be prepared for what may come from "the poisoning of the Gulf". This is NOT fear, but it is facing the facts so we can intelligently deal with the problems that ARE a real and present danger.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

7. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member PINEAL-PILOT-IN MERKABAH's Avatar
    Thanks

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/07/2...bsea-gulf.html

sorry to break it to people but what proof is there of an aftermath, the oil is still leaking and its not over by a mile yet.. there is no aftermath.

also you have to be insane to go anywhere near the water in the gulf, i feel sorry for those people that are uniformed.
    Last edited by PINEAL-PILOT-IN MERKABAH; 24th July 2010 at 21:28.

8. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 430 posts

I have not seen any reports of toxic rain up here in my corner of the country (VT). I assume it is only a matter of time.

As for the cap, I am not sure WHO or WHAT to believe anymore.

9. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Well HJ, real news is dead... which is why we can't believe the news anymore. People have no idea how much control BP has over the media, they have spent millions of dollars on advertising over the years so they can buy silence in the news.

Investigative reporting went out the window with all the reporters who have left mass media because the news has been monopolized by corporate entities as means of controlling the populace. Fox News is nothing but a propaganda machine for the ultra conservatives on the right, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS are conservative "light"...it's all a mechanism for controlling mass consciousness. Unless you worked in or around the media 20yrs ago, it's really difficult to understand what's happened and how bad it is. I graduated from college with a degree in broadcasting in the mid 80's, when some of my best friends were award winning AP "investigative" reporters. These guys were amazing in the stories they were breaking, because their News Directors let them. Then things started to change with Republican deregulation...companies who spent a lot of money in advertising would kill stories by threatening to pull ad dollars, then these corporations came in and started buying up all the stations in EVERY market thereby creating a monopoly on news organizations.

Dan Rather was fired for telling the truth, that was the shot that rang throughout the industry. The message to other journalists from these corporate masters/monsters was "Tell the truth about what's going on and you lose your job". We all want to believe that who we invite into our living rooms every night is telling us the truth, but that's simply not the case. There are no laws regulating the media that say you have to be able to back up your story with facts, reporters can basically say whatever they want without having to provide evidence that what they're saying is true or face any repercussion. Except in cases of defamation of character, but if you're the one defamed you better have a lot of money for attorneys because news stations have attorneys on retainer and will spend whatever it takes to beat these cases. But, the damage is already once the story airs the impressions have already been made.

Sorry about the rant...it gets frustrating watching people fall for BP's lies because they don't understand how news works, or doesn't work anymore. If Nixon were president today, he'd never get caught because we have become too desensitized to corruption and journalists would never even touch the story for fear of repercussions.

Here are a couple of videos I found from the UK and Germany showing possible plant damage, the guy from Germany in his follow-up video states that when he went back the tree he cut sample leaves from had been cut down. Apparently as a cover-up to the damage...if it's true wonder how much of that is going on in other areas too. Also a video from Kentucky where people are reportedly experiencing gastrointestinal problems after a heavy downpour.

Germany

Germany follow-up video

Here's a horticulturist in the UK

This guy in Kentucky is reporting that leaves began dying overnite on all the trees after a big rain. Apparently stomach problems appeared in people around town after the rain too.
    Last edited by ascendingstarseed; 25th July 2010 at 05:54. Reason: videos didn't appear

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Thanks for this thread, Richard!

Apologies if this info has been presented elsewhere on these threads, but, I'm a bit on information overload these days

Yes, it's the dispersants and the effects that will come from them that is the hidden concern now.
    As well as more oil and possibly methane leaking too~ who really knows?

We have to be careful about not becoming so overloaded with info that we become numbed useless~ that is probably what the PTB are aiming for.

Here's two slants on the dispersant info:
    DEMOCRACY NOW ~ EPA Whistleblower Accuses Agency of Covering Up Effects of Dispersant in BP Oil Spill Cleanup

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2...cy_of_covering

And Alexander Higgins blog:

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/201...e-bp-billions/

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by PINEAL-PILOT-IN MERKABAH (here)
    sorry to break it to people but what proof is there of an aftermath, the oil is still leaking and its not over by a mile yet.. there is no aftermath.
    Could it be that they say it is capped just because they want to start drill a new well on the coast of Libya ? It would not look good if you start on a new
    (deeper !) one while you did not solved the previous problems. After all they 'handled' the Lockerbie aftermath, so it's not unthinkable ...

12. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100806/...gulf_oil_spill

BP says it might drill again in spill reservoir

NEW ORLEANS – BP PLC said Friday it might someday drill again into the same lucrative undersea pocket of oil that spilled millions of gallons of crude, wrecked livelihoods and fouled beaches along the Gulf of Mexico.

"There's lots of oil and gas here," Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles said at a news briefing. "We're going to have to think about what to do with that at some point."

The vast oil reservoir beneath the blown well is still believed to hold nearly $4 billion worth of crude. With the company and its partners facing tens of billions of dollars in liabilities, the incentive to exploit the wells and the reservoir could grow.

Retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, the government's point man on the spill, said he had no information on BP's future plans.

"I would assume that's a policy issue related to the management of the lease," he told reporters. "Frankly, it hasn't been raised to my level at this point. I'm not sure I can comment on it."
    Suttles has spent more than three months managing BP's response efforts on the Gulf but is now returning to his day job in Houston, the company said. Mike Utsler, a vice president who has been running BP's command post in Houma, La., since April, will replace him.

The personnel shift comes as BP appears to be gaining the upper hand on plugging the leak, triggered when an oil rig exploded off Louisiana on April 20, killing 11 workers and triggering the massive spill.

Engineers this week poured in cement to complete a plug at the top of the well bore as part of a process dubbed a "static kill," but they needed to wait at least a day for it to harden. Once it does, crews can finish the last stretch of a relief well intersecting the blown well just above the oil's source, injecting more mud and cement from the bottom to form a final plug.

Suttles confirmed Friday that crews for now plan to use the 18,000-foot relief well to seal off with mud and cement the underground reservoir feeding the blown well.

The company had been hedging on how exactly it would use the relief well, which it has been digging for three months, as federal officials insisted it should be used to perform the so-called "bottom kill."

If not used for the bottom kill, the relief wells could have conceivably offered a way for BP or another company to pump out oil and sell it, an idea unlikely to sit well with Gulf Coast residents and families of workers who died on the rig.

The Interior Department on Friday tamped down any hope that BP could still use the blown well.
    "The well is almost dead," spokeswoman Kendra Barkoff said. "Under no circumstances are we going to allow them to reopen the well to extract oil and gas."

The static kill started Tuesday with engineers pumping enough mud down the top of the well to push the crude back to its underground source. Suttles said engineers plan to monitor the cement newly pumped in from the top and hope to test the plug with a burst of pressure Friday afternoon to make sure it's sealed.

"All the indications so far look very encouraging," he said.
    A federal report this week indicated that only about a quarter of the spilled crude remains in the Gulf and is degrading quickly.

"There's essentially no skimmable oil left on the surface, no recoverable oil left on the surface," Suttles said.

Some scientists disputed the report's veracity, and much of the remaining crude has permeated deep into marshes and wetlands, complicating cleanup.

BP had 31,000 workers along the Gulf on Friday, down from 48,000 at the height of the response, Suttles said.

As BP brought in 33-year employee Utsler to take over the response and the blown well appeared to have flatlined, some Gulf residents who still see the oil wreaking havoc worried the nation's attention was shifting.

Utsler told them not to worry, saying the spill's effects are "a challenge that we continue to recognize with more than 20,000-plus people continuing to work."

Willie Davis, a 41-year-old harbormaster in Pass Christian, Miss., feared his area would be forgotten if BP pulls out too soon.

"I'm losing trust in the whole system," said Willie Davis, a 41-year-old harbormaster in Pass Christian, Miss. "If they don't get up off their behinds and do something now, it's gonna be years before we're back whole again."

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I want to know what's going on with all of the air & water quality monitoring now that the well is capped? Even tho they can't see the oil we all know it's still there atomized by the Corexit 9500, you can't get me to believe that all these toxins just went away....evaporated, poof it's gone!

On the radio today there was an AP news report from from the Gulf talking about sea food restaurants and suppliers complaining about the drop in sales because people are scared to eat the fish, these people are saying "Buy Gulf seafood there's nothing to be scared of, GOM seafood is the cleanest fish in the world!"

Right...what about reports that toxins have already made their way into the food chain through the fish larvae? How safe can that be?

The entire story is fading from the news while lethal toxins still lurk in the waters and the air, surely there are still plumes, upon plumes of toxic oil and dispersant's under the surface no one is talking about or wants to publicly admit. Where are the NOAA scientists who should be telling us about the toxic effects on marine life?

The whole thing stinks and it just feels like we're being lied to again, stroked and pacified into silence with falsehoods. Everyone's acting like the wicked witch is dead, when she only morphed into invisible forms transparent to the senses. Wonder how many children will play in toxic sand along the coastline? Or all the beach's that weren't even cleaned, they just bulldozed more sand over the oil and tar balls that washed in?

14. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member PINEAL-PILOT-IN MERKABAH's Avatar
    Thanks

see threads undernaeth pertaining to two wells . this isnt over by a long shot. a well has been capped but what well and where? details in threads below.

15. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

It's hard to know what information to post on which Gulf Update thread these days - but here goes

Spike Lee to journalists:
    “You need to ask questions and not accept the lies being told” by BP and government

August 8th, 2010
    http://www.floridaoilspilllaw.com/sp...and-government

The Associated Press reports “Spike Lee is calling a ‘lie’ a U.S. government report that 75 percent of the spilled Gulf Coast oil is gone.”

According to the AP, “Lee said journalists should expose what he called the real story. He argued that it’s unlikely that ‘abracadabra, presto chango’ the vast majority of the oil has vanished from Gulf of Mexico waters and coastal wetlands.”

A report on deadline.com reveals one hour of Spike Lee’s Katrina movie to be dedicated to BP’s Gulf oil disaster.

Lee said, “It’s really eye-opening the power that BP has. There’s no way it should be dictating what’s going on. But it shows the power of the company.”

Lee added, “I don’t care how many scientists BP buys, that oil is still there. [BP] has been lying from the get-go. You’re telling me we’ve had the biggest oil disaster in the world and it’s all gone now? Where did it go? No damage done to the wetlands? I don’t believe it. As journalists, you need to ask questions and not accept the lies being told.”

16. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

PSJ Officials Reopen Boat Ramp amidst Fish Kill
    By Melissa Dean
    2010-08-06

Port St. Joe city officials voted this morning to reopen the Frank Pate Park boat ramp, after closing it Thursday afternoon following an unexplained fish kill in St. Joseph’s Bay.

City officials called the emergency meeting at the park to address concerns about rumors of large oil sheens sighted off St Joseph's Bay, and whether there was any correlation with a fish kill in the same vicinity.

Officials closed the boat ramp at Frank Pate Park for public use Thursday morning after dead fish and crabs began washing up along the shoreline by the hundreds. In addition, anonymous reports started coming in of a brown sludgy material sighted six miles offshore.

The Coast Guard, along with representatives from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), Vessels of Opportunity program and Gulf County, were dispatched to the location of the sheen sighting and each reported no evidence to support a connection with the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.

Each department independently reported that the material was large amounts of sargassum weed, a type of algae, usually brown or dark green, which may have a rough sticky texture.

"To date, we have not seen any sheens related to the Deepwater Horizon spill," said Bryan Lowe, with the Florida Department of Emergency Management. "These instances are bad timing for sure."

According to Lowe, preliminary results are showing the fish kill may be due to low oxygen levels in the water, although results are not conclusive as to the cause.

The Florida Department of Environmental Protection, the county health department, FWC and BP representatives have each taken water and fish samples and should have results back as early as Saturday. It may take as long as Monday before results are conclusive as to why the fish are washing up along the shoreline.

Officials believe that initial signs are not pointing to red tide as the cause of the fish kill. They say it may be a combination of low oxygen levels in the water along with an unusual rise in water temperature levels. "It could be the perfect storm," said Mel Magidson, mayor of Port St. Joe.

Several residents who said they had long fished the water questioned whether the fish kill may be related to dispersants in the water. Magidson insisted that there have been no dispersants used around the bay. Officials said the upcoming fish and water testing may be unable to determine if dispersants were related to the fish kill.

With opposition from the mayor, city commissioners voted to immediately reopen the boat ramp to the public 4-1.

http://www.starfl.com/news/fish-2136...officials.html

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

OK, Mat Simmons right or wrong - are we still looking at multiple wells and sleight of hand by the PTW?
    I found this online - what do we think about this?
    Food for thought certainly.

See videos and read entire article here:
    http://www.examiner.com/x-10438-Huma...t-TV-well-sham

Breaking Gulf news: Land Surveyor proves Simmons right. TV well sham.
    August 6

Ammunition fired from the petrochemical-military industrial complex (PMIC) Disinformation non-lethal weapon aimed at the American public and the world has been blocked at least momentarily by one man, a former land surveyor demonstrating Matt Simmons has been correct about the TV Gulf reporting sham and two wells. The surveyor presents the most damning evidence that the operation has been planned and orchestrated with expertise, as AC Griffith publicly stated this week.

The well that the reader sees on TV reports about the oil capping and other scenes are illusions. What the reader hears most talking heads say about the catastrophe is pacification and distraction. The surveyor calls it a "dog and pony show."

As Professor Jeffery Grupp states in his book, Telescreen:
    The Orwellian telescreen replaces the self, the family, nature, reality, and the mind with its non-stop absurdist patter of banality, violence, and vulgarity. The Telescreen is the pervasive media screen put in front of, and injected into, the eyes and ears of humans in the American electronic techno-culture. This begins from birth, and moulds consciousness throughout life: not a genuine human consciousness, but rather is a less-than-human, despiritualized semi-consciousness."

In a series of four short videos (below), the unidentified land surveyor presents official BP public documents that he downloaded, compared to "live coverage" revealing the TV illusion. He explains in layman's terms what has transpired using BP surveyor maps and documents.

According to the public documents, not only are there the two wells Matt Simmons has insisted exist. The documents also reveal that the plan since the beginning of the operation has been to abandon both wells.
    Simmons stated in July, "There is no way BP would not know they were misleading everyone," and, "They would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind and they're not. These are smart guys."

Mainstream corporate "news" reporters either did not uncover what a concerned citizen land surveyor did from public records, or, as such reporters failed to do during the 911 crimes and Hurricane Katrina, the PMIC sponsors did not allow these facts to be aired just as they blocked reporters.

Instead, corporate "news" media provided their world audience with another dog and pony show including just enough truth to not be totally absurd to the causal viewer.

Also of interest is that with his expertise, Simmons believes that for people to survive, they needed to be evacuated. He predicts a heavy' resident death toll.
    "We're going to have to evacuate the Gulf states," stated world expert Matt Simmons, founder of the oil investment firm, Simmons and Co. reported Washington Post. "Can you imagine evacuating 20 million people?"

After viewing the following short, fascinating videos by 56KCanadian, it is sobering to contemplate Simmons' most quoted statement, to discredit him by name-calling him Mr. Doom, "This story is 80 times worse than I thought."
    Last edited by LeeEllisMusic; 9th August 2010 at 14:32.

18. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

THIS JUST IN!!!
    Matthew Simmons just died

8/08/2010
    http://zmarter.com/finances-opinions...rt-attack.html

CNBC notes the apparent cause of death of the recently popular BP skeptic, and founder of oil company Simmons & Co., was a heart attack. A conflicting report according to WLBZ cites the source of death as drowning.

NORTH HAVEN, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - The Knox County Sheriff's Department says Matthew Simmons, the founder of the Ocean Energy Institute, drowned at his house on North Haven late Sunday night.

Simmons was a leading investment banker for the energy industry and had recently retired to work full time on the new Ocean Energy Institute.

He was a leading proponent of offshore wind power and had started raising money to develop and build offshore turbines.

He and his family had also bought and rebuilt the Old Strand Theater in downtown Rockland.

Also from CNBC:
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/38624677

19. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Hi members of this Tread and visitors,

Here is a reporter telling that scientists have spotted "the Breaking of the Loop Current in the Gulf Stream" that means the "coming of ice age",that is what he is saying. Interesting, I wonder what part of the globe will be concern if this (ice age) start happening.

All my blessings.

Deega

20. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast