+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: New wikileaks story is huge..I suggest if you are interested to pay close attention!!

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: New wikileaks story is huge..I suggest if you are interested to pay close attenti

Do you think that this news article is related to this latest leaks and another means of "damage" control?

Verisign seizes .com domain registered via foreign Registrar on behalf of US Authorities.

Written by Mark Jeftovic on February 29, 2012 — 42 Comments

Yesterday Forbes broke the news that Canadian Calvin Ayre and partners who operate the Bodog online gambling empire have been indicted in the U.S., and in a blog post Calvin Ayre confirmed that their bodog.com domain had been seized by homeland security. As reported in Forbes (hat tip to The Domains for the cite),

According to the six-page indictment filed by Rosenstein, Ayre worked with Philip, Ferguson and Maloney to supervise an illegal gambling business from June 2005 to January 2012 in violation of Maryland law. The indictment focuses on the movement of funds from accounts outside the U.S., in Switzerland, England, Malta, and Canada, and the hiring of media resellers and advertisers to promote Internet gambling.

“Sports betting is illegal in Maryland, and federal law prohibits bookmakers from flouting that law simply because they are located outside the country,” Rosenstein said in a statement. “Many of the harms that underlie gambling prohibitions are exacerbated when the enterprises operate over the Internet without regulation.”

That is a truly scary quote but we'll emphasize that: "The indictment focuses on the movement of funds outside the U.S." and that you can't just "flout US law" by not being in the US. What also needs to be understood is that the domain bodog.com was registered to via a non-US Registrar, namely Vancouver's domainclip.

So Here's Where It Get's Scary…

No Bodog.com for you!We all know that with some US-based Registrars (*cough* Godaddy *cough*), all it takes is a badge out of a box of crackerjacks and you have the authority to fax in a takedown request which has a good shot at being honoured. We also know that some non-US registrars, it takes a lot more "due process-iness" to get a domain taken down.

But now, none of that matters, because in this case the State of Maryland simply issued a federal warrant was issued in the State of Maryland[1] to .com operator Verisign, (who is headquartered in California) who then duly updated the rootzone for .com with two new NS records for bodog.com which now redirect the domain to the takedown page.

This is exactly the scenario we were worried about when Verisign originally tabled their very troubling takedown proposal. Said proposal was quickly retracted, but here we have the same situation playing out anyway. Granted, this was an actual court order, to Verisign – not a "request" from a governmental or "quasi-governmental" agency as originally proposed.

But at the end of the day what has happened is that US law (in fact, Maryland state law) as been imposed on a .com domain operating outside the USA, which is the subtext we were very worried about when we commented on SOPA. Even though SOPA is currently in limbo, the reality that US law can now be asserted over all domains registered under .com, .net, org, .biz and maybe .info (Afilias is headquartered in Ireland by operates out of the US).

This is no longer a doom-and-gloom theory by some guy in a tin foil hat. It just happened.

The ramifications of this are no less than chilling and every single organization branded or operating under .com, .net, .org, .biz etc needs to ask themselves about their vulnerability to the whims of US federal and state lawmakers (not exactly known their cluefulness nor even-handedness, especially with regard to matters of the internet).
    The larger picture: root monopolies and the need to replace ICANN

The .com root will never be opened to a truly competitive bidding process. Verisign has pretty well ensconced themselves into the .com and .net roots indefinitely with built-in price hikes baked into the cake. I recall a conversation I once had with Tucows CEO Elliot Noss, back when they still owned Liberty RMS (which ran the .info registry and later sold to Afilias) – he lamented that if the .com registry bidding process were truly competitive, you would see a registry operator in there doing it for about $2 per domain. At the time the wholesale cost of a .com domain was $6 and is now $7.85 after their latest annual increase which is hard-coded into their contract.

I mention this because a truly competitive bidding process for the registry operator job would bring out both cost competition and stewardship competition: players who would table proposals on just how they would respect the rights of all their stakeholders, not to mention operators who may operate outside the United States.

Where the fsck is ICANN in all of this?

They are nowhere. They are collecting their fees, pushing their agenda of as many possible new-top-level domains and despite the fact that SOPA, ACTA, PIPA et aim directly at the interests of their core stakeholders, for whom they are supposed to be advocates and stewards. ICANN is conspicuous in their absence from the debate, save for a smug and trite abdication of involvement (i.e. "ICANN Doesn't Take Down Websites") – translation: "This isn't our problem".

And therein lies the issue. ICANN needs to make this their problem, because it very much is. If ICANN isn't going to stand up, and vigorously campaign for global stakeholder representation in these matters, than they are not only abdicating any responsibility in the ongoing and escalating crackdown on internet freedom, they are also abdicating their right to govern and oversee it.

They need to be visible, they need to be loud and they need to come down on the right side of these issues or they need to be replaced.

Of course, the replacement of ICANN will never happen. At least not by a non-US entity, which means we are once again headed to the unthinkable place that only crackpots and conspiracy theorists think possible: a fractured internet with competing roots. On the bright side, life will go on, and companies like mine will probably become exceedingly wealthy charging every internet user in the world fees to gain and project visibility across all the myriad internet roots that will someday exist because governments will refuse to approach it co-operatively. The only thing that will remain to be seen is whether we'll be deemed "criminals" for doing so.

http://blog2.easydns.org/2012/02/29/...s-authorities/

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,016 times in 2,210 posts

Default Re: New wikileaks story is huge..I suggest if you are interested to pay close attenti

Quote Posted by ponda (here)
    Quote TargetT said:

This highlights the level of deception that is inplay currently & in itself is more useful than anything wikileaks has "leaked" (all of which has supported the move for a NWO if you read it with the big picture in mind, ESPECIALLY this current stuff)

That is just one interpretation of what has happened so far.Another interpretation might be that some of the curtain is being pulled back for the wider population to look at and become aware of.To me it looks more of an exposure of their NWO plans than support of them.

By taking an anti-Wikileaks stance one has to automatically ignore and downplay the presented information by default.The message is more important than the messenger.Also no one has presented any proof that Wikileaks is a mossad etc controlled op.It's all pure conjecture and speculation.

There is a big game going on here.The powers that were are walking a tightrope in my opinion and the wind is starting to pick up.I suspect that Wikileaks already has several cards up their sleeve for the possible/probable extradition of Julian Assange to Sweden and then almost certainly onto the US.Once they get him into the US they will try to shut him up and make an example of him aka Bradley Manning but by doing so they might be taking a huge risk of making a martyr out of him and then having to face more releases of more damaging information and there is also the real chance that more insiders will start to come forward etc.

Just my grain of salt opinion

thankyou ponda....and re bolded above...I would go further and say...it's all pure psyops crap....

Bradley Manning is incarcerated...Julian Assange's liberty and maybe even his life, is threatened....

lest we forget....

Quote Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US military did not know how the deaths ocurred. Wikileaks released this video with transcripts and a package of supporting documents on April 5th 2010 on http://collateralmurder.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

ponda (2nd March 2012)

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ponda (here)
    Quote TargetT said:

This highlights the level of deception that is inplay currently & in itself is more useful than anything wikileaks has "leaked" (all of which has supported the move for a NWO if you read it with the big picture in mind, ESPECIALLY this current stuff)

That is just one interpretation of what has happened so far.Another interpretation might be that some of the curtain is being pulled back for the wider population to look at and become aware of.To me it looks more of an exposure of their NWO plans than support of them.

By taking an anti-Wikileaks stance one has to automatically ignore and downplay the presented information by default.The message is more important than the messenger.Also no one has presented any proof that Wikileaks is a mossad etc controlled op.It's all pure conjecture and speculation.

There is a big game going on here.The powers that were are walking a tightrope in my opinion and the wind is starting to pick up.I suspect that Wikileaks already has several cards up their sleeve for the possible/probable extradition of Julian Assange to Sweden and then almost certainly onto the US.Once they get him into the US they will try to shut him up and make an example of him aka Bradley Manning but by doing so they might be taking a huge risk of making a martyr out of him and then having to face more releases of more damaging information and there is also the real chance that more insiders will start to come forward etc.

Just my grain of salt opinion

I agree there is so much involved with these leaks and related to them as well. Check out something Homeland Security is doing on Social Networking sites which no doubt includes this one and now with the leaks they will have to extend their list considerably.

Official List Of Words Feds Monitor On Social Networking Sites

Department of Homeland Security- National Operations Center - Media Monitoring Capability - Desktop Reference Binder (pdf)
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 2nd March 2012 at 01:53. Reason: fixed link

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anam Cara For This Post:

ponda (2nd March 2012)

6. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

It is now starting to become obvious which corporations the elite hide behind (besides the obvious ones like GE, Halliburton, Monsanto)...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

7. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Anam Cara (here)
    I agree there is so much involved with these leaks and related to them as well. Check out something Homeland Security is doing on Social Networking sites which no doubt includes this one and now with the leaks they will have to extend their list considerably.

Official List Of Words Feds Monitor On Social Networking Sites

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/off ... or-on.html

Here's a link to the Analyst Desktop Binder_REDACTED where you don't have to login to view it:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentclo ... dacted.pdf

At the moment...I'm getting...'page not found' with both of your links, Anam Cara......????
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 2nd March 2012 at 01:55.

8. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

I think Manning may be in a worse situation than Assange. There is still hope for Assange as long as he is not in the US and even though numerous attempts have already been made on his life and still are.(ya, the CIA) His children and ex?wife are in hiding for the numerous threats made to them. His mother is still pretty vocal though. Assange is always being threatened by the Bonniers of Sweden, the Prime Minister of Australia and most definitely the good ol US of A and no doubt countless others. He seems to have much grace(and some very good friends in the right places), to still be alive and we can only hope he holds on to that grace. I guess time will tell. It won't be pretty if anything happens to him for what hacktivists worldwide will do and remember some are skilled enough to play with satellites. Anonymous consists of many levels of skill and they are growing. Those that were recently arrested , were mostly young, and not very seasoned and careless at covering their digital tracks. Ah, we'll see...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anam Cara For This Post:

jaybee (2nd March 2012)

10. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

jaybee, sorry about that. Try these:

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/...onitor-on.html

Here's a link to the Analyst Desktop Binder_REDACTED where you don't have to login to view it:

:D

I don't know how long these links will last. Let me know if they work.
    Last edited by Anam Cara; 2nd March 2012 at 00:59.

11. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

I think Manning may be in a worse situation than Assange. There is still hope for Assange as long as he is not in the US and even though numerous attempts have already been made on his life and still are.(ya, the CIA) His children and ex?wife are in hiding for the numerous threats made to them. His mother is still pretty vocal though. Assange is always being threatened by the Bonniers of Sweden, the Prime Minister of Australia and most definitely the good ol US of A and no doubt countless others. He seems to have much grace(and some very good friends in the right places), to still be alive and we can only hope he holds on to that grace. I guess time will tell. It won't be pretty if anything happens to him for what hacktivists worldwide will do and remember some are skilled enough to play with satellites. Anonymous consists of many levels of skill and they are growing. Those that were recently arrested , were mostly young, and not very seasoned and careless at covering their digital tracks. Ah, we'll see...

I take your point....

and bolded above....if I were Julian Assange's mother...I would be very proud of him, but also very worried for him.

And Bradley Manning......poor guy....he is taking the brunt of it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Anam Cara (2nd March 2012)

13. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

did you know that "anonomous" has recently declared war on the US government?

What better to "problem" to force the "solution" of clamping down on the internet than that???

we just need a few more actions from "annon" & things like SOPA will seem a JOKE!
    Anonymous is already being blamed for things proven false. In Canada on the MSN news website I read an article stating that "Anonymous" had hacked Vic Teows, and spread personal information in retaliation for being a spear-header of the internet censorship proposal for Canada. The next day I read a column in the local newspaper saying that it was a political rival that had done that - with his confession. On another thread here on Avalon we hear of the NSA stating that Anonymous will be responsible for a major power outage in within the next year or two (I wonder by who's crystal ball at the NSA? Is this info possible to know? no. thus it must be some sort of plan), while at the same time NASA is saying we will have power outages in 2013 due to solar flares - which all reminds me of a Hilary C quote (where I believe she was quoting someone else ...) - "Never let a good disaster go to waste!", pin the lie on your government agency - they are getting sloppy in desperation. Prepare for more lies implicating the people who have a chance to make a difference, recognize them, and know better.

14. Link to Post #30
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by jaybee (here)
    lest we forget....

Quote Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US military did not know how the deaths ocurred. Wikileaks released this video with transcripts and a package of supporting documents on April 5th 2010 on http://collateralmurder.com

thats kids stuff, nothing at all (comparatively), why not show video of the british SAS dressing up like locals and doing drive by shootings on churches? why wasn't that video put out, this video was just enough to cause the reaction seen above "lest we forget" etc..

our psyche is well known by these people & we will be given convicing material; do you think that nothing has been learned in the DECADES of doing this that they have under their belt?

continue to follow wiki-leaks if you want, but keep an open mind about it & be ready for the eventual crap storm that will come with it... were the wiki-leaks / "bradley manning" material anything to talk about there would be actionable events that follow... NOTHING (really) has happened.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Curt (2nd March 2012), jake gittes (11th June 2014)

16. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

jaybee, sorry about that. Try these:

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/...onitor-on.html

:D

I don't know how long these links will last. Let me know if they work.
    hiya....no need to be sorry...just letting you know....

(I wanted to read them)

at the moment the first one is working for me...but not the second one

cheers.....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

18. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

The second link can be accessed from the first article . Or try this it's the link in red on the first article- Analyst Desktop Binder_REDACTED

http://www.scribd.com/doc/82701103/A...EDACTEDAnalyst Desktop Binder_REDACTED

LOL I'm really trying hard to get this to you. Cheers!

19. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Quote PRESS RELEASE - STRATFOR EMAILS: US HAS ISSUED SEALED INDICTMENT AGAINST JULIAN ASSANGE

Tuesday 28th February 2012 18:30 GMT Confidential emails obtained from the US private intelligence firm Stratfor show that the United States Government has had a secret indictment against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange for more than 12 months. Fred Burton, Stratfor’s Vice-President for Counterterrorism and Corporate Security, is a former Deputy Chief of the Department of State’s (DoS) counterterrorism division for the Diplomatic Security Service (DSS).

http://wikileaks.org/Stratfor-Emails-US-Has-Issued.html
    I could "feel' their desperation to get Assange by any means possible. We MUST ask - What do they have to hide that they're so reckless to cover up? They can't hide anything anymore..... Now this is the kind of transparency I like.
    When you read some of the comments they've made about what will happen to Assange, it shows how emotionally frightened they've gotten. They've totally lost i! Assange is just exposing these rats and their rat-activities. He's not the one without honor and integrity.
    Wow! I can't believe how desparate they are! I'm hoping this goes MORE viral than anything else ever has....!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Anam Cara (2nd March 2012), ponda (2nd March 2012)

21. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

America: The Best Government the Corporations Can Buy?

http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/vide...tions-can-buy#

Because it's corporate America they use "non person" status to get away with what they do which has much to do with the effects of these leaks.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anam Cara For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (2nd March 2012), ponda (2nd March 2012)

23. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

The second link can be accessed from the first article . Or try this it's the link in red on the first article- Analyst Desktop Binder_REDACTED

http://www.scribd.com/doc/82701103/A...EDACTEDAnalyst Desktop Binder_REDACTED

LOL I'm really trying hard to get this to you. Cheers!
    thankyou!

Just logged back on to say..the link's working...it's late where I am and I have to go to bed now (1:50 am, for me)...will read it properly tomorrow....

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

25. Link to Post #36
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Quote Posted by jaybee (here)
    At the moment...I'm getting...'page not found' with both of your links, Anam Cara......????
    The links in that post, as originally posted, were copied and pasted incorrectly. They did not work.

I just fixed them . Try them from the original post again.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 2nd March 2012 at 01:56.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Anam Cara (2nd March 2012), ponda (2nd March 2012)

27. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

I'm still learning the ropes so to speak, thanks Paul.

28. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

did you know that "anonomous" has recently declared war on the US government?

What better to "problem" to force the "solution" of clamping down on the internet than that???

we just need a few more actions from "annon" & things like SOPA will seem a JOKE!
    Anonymous is already being blamed for things proven false. In Canada on the MSN news website I read an article stating that "Anonymous" had hacked Vic Teows, and spread personal information in retaliation for being a spear-header of the internet censorship proposal for Canada. The next day I read a column in the local newspaper saying that it was a political rival that had done that - with his confession. On another thread here on Avalon we hear of the NSA stating that Anonymous will be responsible for a major power outage in within the next year or two (I wonder by who's crystal ball at the NSA? Is this info possible to know? no. thus it must be some sort of plan), while at the same time NASA is saying we will have power outages in 2013 due to solar flares - which all reminds me of a Hilary C quote (where I believe she was quoting someone else ...) - "Never let a good disaster go to waste!", pin the lie on your government agency - they are getting sloppy in desperation. Prepare for more lies implicating the people who have a chance to make a difference, recognize them, and know better.
    Anonymous is a loose conglomerate of hackers from all over the globe that is growing. These disinfo people haven't comprehended yet, that there is no centralised power with Anonymous and that it's more groups of hackers picking themes and/or projects and that the groups are not always of the same people nor all located in one place most of the time. It's what makes it so difficult to capture them so to speak. The police may get a couple of inexperienced and careless people but they have hardly touched what the whole still does, can and has yet to do. That rumor about taking down the power grid was ridiculous and started by government(American) disifo agents who are not very bright, especially since the internet is critical to the work of hackers, so why would they sabotage themselves? the American gov is frustrated and scared because not much is going according to plan not with all these new surprises popping up to distract and divert them. Governments from around the world are now so utterly driven to impose internet censorship laws and these recent Wikileaks are really pissing them off and they really really really want to get Assange now to use as a scab goat for not being able to get to Anonymous and get info from Assange in any way they can before killing him, and they plan to do that and have been trying since he was first apprehended.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anam Cara For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd March 2012), modwiz (2nd March 2012)

30. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

lol And another thing, the US is just iching for another war and these leaks have diverted them somewhat and put them on the defensive to cover up all the coverups.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Anam Cara For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd March 2012)

32. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

lol And another thing, the US is just iching for another war and these leaks have diverted them somewhat and put them on the defensive to cover up all the coverups.
    USA needs another war .. must always be in a state of war to consistently be able to utilize clauses of extreme measures created and intended for times of real war ... but we have war on drugs, war on terror, korean, vietnam, afghanistan, blah blah blah ... never a single period where they couldn't claim a "state of war" -- for this reason.

And I agree - they are getting real sloppy, distracted even - too much going on at once where contradictions and hippocracies become more obvious to the discerning. Not just the US but all the self proclaimed plus the less public elite.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 2nd March 2012 at 23:19. Reason: UA? wth is a UA? Changed to USA.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Anam Cara (2nd March 2012), modwiz (2nd March 2012), ponda (2nd March 2012), spiritwind (2nd March 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast