+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teller Reveals His Secrets (Impending social commentary regarding mass hypnosis)

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Rantaak's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 times in 360 posts

Thumbs up Teller Reveals His Secrets (Impending social commentary regarding mass hypnosis)

I came upon this article through some magician friends of mine, strangely after running in to Penn and Teller in the astral plane one night. In the time we spent together, they supplemented aspects of this article while showing me a routine that they were working on putting together. My magicians instincts caused me to turn around at an in-opportune moment for Teller, as I caught him replacing chairs and tables with three-legged duplicates in the middle of zipping up a full-body zombie suit. He stared at me like a deer in headlights as I broke out in an uncontrolled fit of laughter. His very motions had become like sleights, obsessively compounding the mechanics required to perform his work in order to allow him to cease doing the sleights if I or any of my companions had turned around merely seconds later.

Penn had tried to distract us by making us laugh from atop a wooden chair that was positioned directly behind us, so that we momentarily turned away form Teller. It seemed like a pretty interesting routine, and it's absolutely no wonder that I ran into these guys on the astral.

Where there are talented vegas magicians, there is hidden mysticism.

Link to the article: Teller Reveals His Secrets

There is also beauty here in that Teller is speaking with the intent to demystify and propagate further clarity throughout consciousness.

A brief quotation from the article regarding one of my favorite magicians theories, the Equivoque:
    Quote "7. If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. This is one of the darkest of all psychological secrets. I’ll explain it by incorporating it (and the other six secrets you’ve just learned) into a card trick worthy of the most annoying uncle."
    By Seeking You May Find. By Doing You May Become.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rantaak For This Post:

Alekahn (7th March 2012), Calz (29th February 2012), christian (29th February 2012), Curt (29th February 2012), DreamsInDigital (29th February 2012), ponda (29th February 2012), Solstyse (29th February 2012), ViralSpiral (29th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Default Re: Teller Reveals His Secrets (Impending social commentary regarding mass hypnosis)

Quote Posted by Rantaak (here)
    Quote "7. If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. This is one of the darkest of all psychological secrets. I’ll explain it by incorporating it (and the other six secrets you’ve just learned) into a card trick worthy of the most annoying uncle."

Thanks Rantaaak. That's a powerful message. I was just talking about this perceived "freedom of choice" yesterday. Yes, I may choose to dance on stage or not.
    I cant see the audience as the technician shines bright light into my eyes, blinding me and I hear the cockish supervision in my ear from the director, and yet I don't see him.

Propagating further clarity .........

Last edited by ViralSpiral; 29th February 2012 at 08:23.
    .... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Rantaak's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 times in 360 posts

Default Re: Teller Reveals His Secrets (Impending social commentary regarding mass hypnosis)

Quote Posted by ViralSpiral (here)
    Propagating further clarity seems a dichotomy then, since I know not from where it comes.......
    A dichotomous relationship requires two diametrically opposed aspects. By this definition, I don't see how the single act of shedding light on the fundamentals of human psychology and how it relates to the art of deception is dichotomous. Seems pretty holistic to me.

If you are trying to suggest that truth itself is dichotomous (as opposed to the potential reaction to it) then I suggest reversing your heuristics for truth and falsehood.

And if you're not going to throw language completely out the window, it's probably best to know the meanings of the words that you use.
    By Seeking You May Find. By Doing You May Become.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

lol, yes I changed my message... now captured in a bubble - seems appropriate

oh , and thanks teach
    .... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

+ Reply to Thread