Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Nassim Haramein: Fraud or Sage?

1. Link to Post #1
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Default Nassim Haramein: Fraud or Sage?

Hey Folks,

Iīve just finished reading this article. The author of the article explains very coherently that Nassim Haramein is not correct with his theories.

Personally, I was never a big fan of his work, but Iīm mostly interested to see what you think about this article:

"I've said a number of times that Nassim Haramein is misleading people, and I'd like to try to make it crystal clear why.

Have a quick browse, or have a good old read... it's up to you.

I'm aiming to encourage people to think carefully about what he is telling them. I'm not out to discourage people from trying out any promising new ideas – what I want is to help people question what's out there for themselves. If they want to, of course. You may choose to disagree with my assessment of Haramein. I'm interested in your reasons if you want to share them."

Please, read the full article in this link, before replying:

http://azureworld.blogspot.com/2010/...nassim.html#s2

Cheers,

Raf.

Ps: If this article was posted before here, please, dear Mods, feel free to merge it.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

buckminster fuller (1st March 2012), frances (1st March 2012), jagman (1st March 2012), Jean-Marie (1st March 2012), Mad Hatter (17th March 2012), Moz (19th March 2012), silvanelf (21st May 2019), Tarka the Duck (1st March 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,529 times in 20,693 posts

Default Re: Nassim Haramein: Fraud or Sage?

The article was probably posted already, as this subject has been hashed and rehashed many times now.
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

greybeard (1st March 2012), jagman (1st March 2012), kersley (1st March 2012), RMorgan (1st March 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    The article was probably posted already, as this subject has been hashed and rehashed many times now.
    Thanks Onawah,

So, did you take any conclusions after reading this article?

Iīm interested to hear what you think about it.

Anyway, as Iīve said before, if this article was posted before, the mod team should feel free to merge it.

Cheers,

Raf.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

jagman (1st March 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Thanks Onawah,

Anyway, as Iīve said before, if this article was posted before, the mod team should feel free to merge it.

Cheers,

Raf.
    Hi RMorgan
    you might want to watch this video and decide on this particular subject who is fooling the public.
    Not saying Nassim is right on everything but the establishment certainly protects its own view point.
    Its been posted a few times

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Art (2nd March 2012), Fundy Gemini (1st March 2012), heyokah (3rd March 2012), jagman (1st March 2012), Nickolai (19th March 2012), observer (3rd March 2012), RMorgan (1st March 2012), Tarka the Duck (1st March 2012), truthseekerdan (1st March 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Hi RMorgan
    you might want to watch this video and decide on this particular subject who is fooling the public.
    Not saying Nassim is right on everything but the establishment certainly protects its own view point.
    Its been posted a few times
    Hey greybeard,

Thanks for the video. Iīve already watched it.

Well, I also donīt think heīs all wrong. Heīs just wrong about physics.

This is not about the establishment trying to protect itself.

Along history, there were many groundbreaking physicists, with completely out of the box ideas, who managed to get themselves accepted by the establishment. It happened because they backed up their ideas with scientific proof. Einstein is the most obvious example of it.

The article on post #1 shows very clearly, at least, that NH is wrong with his physics. You know, itīs science; in science, if you have a personal theory, you have to prove it using scientific methodology, then, if you succeed proving it, your theory is accepted.

If you read the article, youīll know thatīs not about bashing NHīs work. Itīs about showing with scientific facts that heīs wrong on the most basic principles of physics.

Cheers,

Raf.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

CyRus (2nd March 2012), greybeard (1st March 2012), thew88 (2nd March 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Fundy Gemini's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 times in 258 posts

My thought is that Nassim (whether right or wrong) is working from the heart and is very earnest in his passion to progress mankind. That doesn't make his science right necessarily, but do keep in mind that there is a lot of good sciene kept from public exploration using the snicker factor or intimidation tactics - so the best way to credit or discredit any science is with facts alone -
    --♥--
    2 All

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

I haven't read the article yet and I will but the link is from Ashayana Deane which to me has no credibility at all. The thing about why the night sky is black is a Joke! What? There's no jokes in physics?

In any case, the fact that someone is able to think out of the box and express new ideas is very valuable in my book, that's the way science and medicine have evolved, actually it's the only way!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

Fundy Gemini (1st March 2012), heyokah (3rd March 2012), jagman (1st March 2012), RMorgan (1st March 2012), seko (2nd March 2012), thew88 (2nd March 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by cloud9 (here)
    I haven't read the article yet and I will but the link is from Ashayana Deane which to me has no credibility at all. The thing about why the night sky is black is a Joke! What? There's no jokes in physics?

In any case, the fact that someone is able to think out of the box and express new ideas is very valuable in my book, that's the way science and medicine have evolved, actually it's the only way!
    Hey cloud9,

I didnīt get the part about Ashayana Deane. The link Iīve posted is from another person.

Anyway, I agree with you about out of the box thinking. However, thinking outside the box is only cool when it makes sense. Thereīs a thin line between out of the box thinking and bull**** thinking.

The article on post #1 is very well written. Itīs worth a careful read.

Cheers,

Raf.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

jagman (1st March 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,519 times in 831 posts

I like his flash of thought about black holes in each atom or what ever words were used. If the math connections work out, as he claimed, thats good experimental work.... Areas of less interest are for me there, but if it is replicated, good there. Also i've not been much interested in black hole theory, string theory, etc... But still dabble in relatable theories which differ in various ways. I like to hear about upbeat, flashes of inspiration, all the same. Also, there are too many other areas of relevance, my own interests differ from vids/mp3s he's recorded in.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

jagman (1st March 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    I came from Europe, lived long in Africa then Australia, now Switzerland
    Thanks

If Nassim Haramein is misleading, what are your history books doing? what is your government doing?

He is showing a point aview we have not seen before... we need to support him as well as Klaus Dona

Not put him down, he is lucky to still be alive with the information he has shown us... opening our eyes a little more..

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leon For This Post:

Fundy Gemini (1st March 2012), greybeard (1st March 2012), greyredbrown (3rd March 2012), heyokah (3rd March 2012), thew88 (2nd March 2012), trivesten (2nd March 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    France Avalon Member Elandiel BernElve's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion many truthseekers are so obsessed with the Truth (as in there must be only one real Truth) they forget to acknowledge the fact that a person like Nassim Haramein, through his out of the box thinking is contributing to "The search for Truth" .
    Einstein is considered a genius now because he started to think out of the box. His theory of relativity was unsurpassed back then up until now. Yet nowadays the scientific community starts to see that this theory isn't coherent and doesn't seem to explain newly discovered phenomena in the universe.
    Should we dismiss Einstein as a fraud?

I think the ones who tend to point towards such a conclusion have definite arrogance issues. For they themselves probably don't have the ability to even fully grasp the theory of relativity on one side or come up with a better explanation of the physics of the universe on the other side.

Nassim Haramein, as well as Nikola Tesla, and Albert Einstein are one of the masterminds that may not have the full Truth in their works but at least cause a gigantic leap FORWARD in the understanding of our world and universe.

Nassim definately works from the heart and is crazy in his own funny way. He puts significant energy and effort in HIS search for Truth and is not reluctant to share his knowledge.
    No matter the flaws in his theory. He is a genius we should cherish for his alternate points of view on our universe and he will only advance the understanding and broaden the scientific horizon.

Seriously, asking from a scientist nothing but the Truth and calling him a fraud when he makes a mistake is a demonic judgement.

I don't expect you to flawlessly build the pyramid of Gizeh on your own neither right?
    Capitaine Elandiel BernElve
    Lightwarrior

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elandiel BernElve For This Post:

greybeard (1st March 2012), heyokah (3rd March 2012), Lisab (2nd March 2012), onawah (1st March 2012), seko (2nd March 2012), Selene (1st March 2012), thew88 (2nd March 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 times in 1,900 posts

Hello RMorgan, Thank you for posting. I have seen Nassim Haramein in a few videos and I always thought he was an interesting individual.
    It is imperative IMO to question everything and everyone. I think Jefferson hit the nail on the head when he wrote " Question with boldness
    even the existence of God, For if there be a God, He must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind-folded fear."

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

buckminster fuller (1st March 2012), Fundy Gemini (1st March 2012), RMorgan (1st March 2012), Selene (1st March 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Lightbulb Re: Nassim Haramein: Fraud or Sage?

It happened because they backed up their ideas with scientific proof. Einstein is the most obvious example of it.

Cheers,

Raf.
    Sorry, but there is no such thing as "scientific proof"... It's well known that Einstein was wrong in pretty much all his theories. Do some research before claiming anything having to do with (the so called) science.

Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

greybeard (1st March 2012), heyokah (3rd March 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,529 times in 20,693 posts

I have engaged in the debate about whether NH is a fraud or a genius too many times now to want to do it again, but if you are interested in my opinion and reasons for, I probably have made posts in every thread we've had about Nassim in the past few years.
    He's got a definite thumbs up from me.
    Thanks Onawah,

Cheers,

Raf.
    Each breath a gift...

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

greybeard (1st March 2012), jagman (1st March 2012), RMorgan (1st March 2012), Snoweagle (2nd March 2012), TargeT (1st March 2012), thew88 (2nd March 2012)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)
    It happened because they backed up their ideas with scientific proof. Einstein is the most obvious example of it.

Cheers,

Raf.
    Sorry, but there is no such thing as "scientific proof"... It's well known that Einstein was wrong in pretty much all his theories. Do some research before claiming anything having to do with (the so called) science.
    Hey mate,

Of course thereīs scientific proof. There are several kinds of methodologies used in science to be as sure as possible that a discovery or theory is on the right track.

There are certain conventions that must be followed, in order to call anything scientifically accurate.

You can say that everything is an illusion, and youīre possibly right about it. However, while living in this world, we must follow certain rules in every field, so we can live in society and organize knowledge and information.

A good example is math. We canīt see math. As far as I know, math doesnīt even exists outside the human mind. However, we have created numbers, to try to represent our reality in the most accurate way as possible.

In Nassimīs case, if he calls himself a physicist, he must follow at least the very basic standards and conventions for with his work. Like the above article says and shows, he was absolutely wrong in the most basic calculations. Thereīs no discussion about that; these are facts.

Also, if his calculations are wrong and heīs not following scientific methodologies to validate his theories, all his work will be just useless because he simply wont be able to be brought to real life! So, how useful is a super "out of the box" free energy theory, if it doesnīt work in the real world?

At any moment, I have claimed that everything have to do with science. However, you should be more thankful about science, because if we didnīt have it, we would probably be living in the stone age by now.

Look around! Your computer, your lamp, your tables and chairs, the pant on your wall, your clothes! Each of these things were created or co-created by scientists, which did real research and showed real results.

So yes. Science is good! Itīs too bad that some people have taken control over most scientific establishments out there, however, without what some call "mainstream science", most of us wouldnīt probably be alive right now.

Some people just insists in demonizing "mainstream science"! Thatīs just hilarious! I would love to see if anyone here would hire an "alternative engineer" to build your house, an "alternative mechanic" to take care of your car, or an "alternative doctor" to operate your daughterīs appendicitis.

Cheers,

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 1st March 2012 at 22:59.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

CyRus (2nd March 2012), Eram (16th March 2016), silvanelf (21st May 2019)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 times in 1,900 posts

Speaking of main stream science, Neil Degrasse Tyson is on Coast tonight. I have been thinking about calling in all week.
    He has done some really good work on Nova, and the History channel. IMO He is the best since Carl Sagan. Sorry about
    the derail BACK to TOPIC

31. The Following User Says Thank You to jagman For This Post:

RMorgan (1st March 2012)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,630 times in 21,529 posts

Ps: If this article was posted before here, please, dear Mods, feel free to merge it.
    This article has been linked twice before, from these two posts:I remain as convinced now as when I wrote the post behind the first link above that Nassim is a crock of blarney ... at least so far as his "physics" goes.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

CyRus (2nd March 2012), jagman (1st March 2012), Mad Hatter (17th March 2012), Normalguy31 (2nd March 2012), RMorgan (1st March 2012)

34. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

Theory
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    For other uses, see Theory (disambiguation).
    The English word theory was derived from a technical term in Ancient Greek philosophy. The word theoria, θεωρία, meant "a looking at, viewing, beholding", and referring to contemplation or speculation, as opposed to action.[1] Theory is especially often contrasted to "practice" (from Greek praxis, πρᾶξις) a Greek term for "doing", which is opposed to theory because theory involved no doing apart from itself.
    A classical example of the distinction between theoretical and practical uses the discipline of medicine: Medical theory and theorizing involves trying to understand the causes and nature of health and sickness, while the practical side of medicine is trying to make people healthy. These two things are related but can be independent, because it is possible to research health and sickness without curing specific patients, and it is possible to cure a patient without knowing how the cure worked.[2]
    By extension of the philosophical meaning, "theoria" is also a word still used in theological contexts.
    In modern contexts, while theories in the arts and philosophy may address ideas and empirical phenomena which are not easily measurable, in modern science the term "theory", or "scientific theory" is generally understood to refer to a proposed explanation of empirical phenomena, made in a way consistent with scientific method. Such theories are preferably described in such a way that any scientist in the field is in a position to understand and either provide empirical support ("verify") or empirically contradict ("falsify") it. In this modern scientific context the distinction between theory and practice corresponds roughly to the distinction between theoretical science and technology or applied science.
    A common distinction made in science is between theories and hypotheses. Hypotheses are individual empirically testable conjectures; while theories are collections of hypotheses that are logically linked together into a coherent explanation of some aspect of reality and which have individually or jointly received some empirical support.
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

Mad Hatter (17th March 2012), RMorgan (1st March 2012), seko (2nd March 2012), Snoweagle (2nd March 2012)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,806 times in 315 posts

Hey mate,

Of course thereīs scientific proof. There are several kinds of methodologies used in science to be as sure as possible that a discovery or theory is on the right track.

There are certain conventions that must be followed, in order to call anything scientifically accurate.

You can say that everything is an illusion, and youīre possibly right about it. However, while living in this world, we must follow certain rules in every field, so we can live in society and organize knowledge and information.

A good example is math. We canīt see math. As far as I know, math doesnīt even exists outside the human mind. However, we have created numbers, to try to represent our reality in the most accurate way as possible.

In Nassimīs case, if he calls himself a physicist, he must follow at least the very basic standards and conventions for with his work. Like the above article says and shows, he was absolutely wrong in the most basic calculations. Thereīs no discussion about that; these are facts.

Also, if his calculations are wrong and heīs not following scientific methodologies to validate his theories, all his work will be just useless because he simply wont be able to be brought to real life! So, how useful is a super "out of the box" free energy theory, if it doesnīt work in the real world?

At any moment, I have claimed that everything have to do with science. However, you should be more thankful about science, because if we didnīt have it, we would probably be living in the stone age by now.

Look around! Your computer, your lamp, your tables and chairs, the pant on your wall, your clothes! Each of these things were created or co-created by scientists, which did real research and showed real results.

So yes. Science is good! Itīs too bad that some people have taken control over most scientific establishments out there, however, without what some call "mainstream science", most of us wouldnīt probably be alive right now.

Some people just insists in demonizing "mainstream science"! Thatīs just hilarious! I would love to see if anyone here would hire an "alternative engineer" to build your house, an "alternative mechanic" to take care of your car, or an "alternative doctor" to operate your daughterīs appendicitis.

Cheers,

Raf.
    Not everything mainstream science claims to be fact actually is fact. The same goes for non-mainstream science. It is not black and white. It is not either/or. It is a continuum.

Nassim is good because he dares to experiment outside of the box. It does not matter if he is right or wrong. At least he gets people to consider something different. If his calculations are not correct, someone else will find the equations which do work, and I can guarantee that mainstream physicists do not possess all of the keys to unlocking free energy technologies because they are working with incomplete data sets. Why? Because they do not dare to think out of the boundaries prescribed to them. This is not an issue of fact or not fact, it is an issue of who is willing to take the first step to publicly breaking the membrane open.

Remember, even Gravity is still only theory. The force is indeed real but mainstream science has not yet accepted that it is a wave. Earth science is not at all perfect, neither are its methodologies. It has a very very long way to go.

If you want pragmatic science, that is just peachy keen! Go ahead and use that to build homes and cars, but if you want anti-gravity vehicles and free energy? Forget it. Only the 'crazy' ones will be able to collectively trigger the discovery of just what will make free energy technologies tick. Since that technology is already available but very hidden, yet will eventually have to come out publicly, mainstream science will have to have a lot of humility in accepting that it was not always correct about what was thought to be fact. Clandestine science likely knows how to measure things which the mainstream cannot yet measure. Just because you cannot yet measure something does not mean it doesn't exist.

Nassim is neither fraud nor sage. He is simply one of many who are attempting to make new discoveries in science. Science used to be about curiosity and discovery and that is where it shall return. Yes, science is good, but science as DOGMA is NOT good at all.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 000 For This Post:

Carmen (1st March 2012), Normalguy31 (2nd March 2012), onawah (2nd March 2012), RMorgan (1st March 2012), sandy (1st March 2012), seko (2nd March 2012)

38. Link to Post #20
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    This article has been linked twice before, from these two posts:I remain as convinced now as when I wrote the post behind the first link above that Nassim is a crock of blarney ... at least so far as his "physics" goes.
    I remain convinced that he has the best "theory" (comparatively) as far as his "physics" goes... a black hole at the center of everything makes so much sense, ESPECIALLY in light of things we already "know", for example: archimedes principle, Gravity (the weak force / strong force) sunspots being black, etc...
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

heyokah (2nd March 2012), observer (3rd March 2012), onawah (2nd March 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast