Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feeling touchy.

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Default Feeling touchy.

Why do we get so touchy?

If you feel touchy already, and we haven't even started yet, definitely do not read on...

Finding out about our true nature is really irritating - to the clinging ego. The ego thinks it is in charge and running everything, and it doesn't need to change. It's got everything fixed, thank you!

The ego is merely a set of ideas within consciousness that holds onto concepts about itself.
    The ego has worked pretty hard over lifetimes getting itself established, with a little help from the world around us. Yes, the ego gets excited moments of freedom, but it quickly turns that into concepts and puts it in a box on the shelf, and then drags it out now and again as a badge.

Through dissatisfaction with how things are, our intelligence and understanding is gradually growing. Certain situations accelerate this growth.
    Being here, now, could well be an interesting time, if we have the courage.

Because the ideas about ourselves are not complete, we feel vulnerable, and therefore touchy.
    If we were completely confident in ourselves, nothing would disturb us – except the suffering of others.. Being told. “We are one with the universe, just be, there is nothing to do,” is truly idiotic!
    Why? Because we have to see and deal with all sides of our nature - the real and the seemingly real.

As well as having an Enlightened nature, we also have a dark-demon nature... “I”.

Remember, you may feel good about yourself, but others are suffering.
    Some will tell you, “Just love.”
    Others will say, “Just be conscious and all will dissolve.”
    These are merely temporary fixes, an antidote: the problem will merely arise again, and you will have to go through the same scenario.

Better to have a deeper understanding, and work with the cause of suffering
    Even though it is an illusion...it still hurts!

It's always good to check if our minds...and hearts...are truly open.
    Do not feel bad if a slight irritation arises.This inner conflict is part of the dis-engaging of the ego's clutches, and it doesn't like it. This is what happens in our spiritual boot camps!

No, it's not mind control!
    That's what you've had up until now.
    Your mind is consciousness.
    It has covered your pure essence, your being, since time out of memory, with all its thoughts, concepts and make believe.

From time to time the veil of consciousness gets thinner, and we get an inkling of reality.
    The blind fold slips for a moment.
    That happens when we choose to NOT react. A gap is created:space has appeared.
    This happens often, but is usually missed.
    A moment of sanity, before the veil comes down again and we are lost in everydayness! Unfortunately and fortunately these moment leave a residue. They can serve as a reminder or just a echo which we try to hang onto.
    For example, when we are climbing to the upper floor in a house, we have an image of upstairs. Rarely are we conscious as we climb the stairs – there is the residue of the initial image of upstairs that carries us through. It's only a temporary event. Most of the time we are in a concept of reality.

Sometimes, realising the ultimate truth seems a million miles away: the best we can do is hope that things will change. The ultimate truth is an ordinary truth - it's right here, right now!
    Of course we cannot see it, because the 'it' is us.
    We have to go beyond these mere words.
    Repeating these words is not the experience: the words can help or hinder.

Gradually the ordinary observer will be known. It is just there.
    We merely need to become familiar with it.
    That takes practice!

Feeling touchy is just lacking confidence.
    When you know you know, you know!
    Confidence arises and never falls.
    Then all you can do is share.

Feeling touchy, is an inner conflict and has nothing to do with what is going on externally.
    When one looks at what is feeling touchy, one can realise that that 'looking' comes from pure essence - the void, empty of any fabrication.
    What one is getting touchy about is the fabrications in the consciousness/mind, as that is only the partial story.
    However hard we try, consciousness will go round in circles forever until it realises its true essence...luminous voidness.

Don't avoid feeling touchy!
    If we must feel touchy, touch the void!

Of course you do not have to read this, as you might want to do it all on your own...
    But you've come this far: so let's just share.

NB. If we feel we have realise something on our own, remember reincarnation.
    We have probably received much instruction and have practiced much before.
    Gratitude and humility relieves us of pride.
    Last edited by Tony; 2nd March 2012 at 10:56.

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Anchor (2nd March 2012), Black Panther (2nd March 2012), bodhii71 (3rd March 2012), crested-duck (2nd March 2012), Curt (2nd March 2012), Deega (2nd March 2012), frances (2nd March 2012), gaiagirl (2nd March 2012), greybeard (3rd March 2012), Ineffable Hitchhiker (2nd March 2012), jimbojp (2nd March 2012), Kindred (3rd March 2012), modwiz (2nd March 2012), NeverMind (2nd March 2012), shijo (2nd March 2012), Solstyse (2nd March 2012), Tarka the Duck (2nd March 2012), tessie999 (5th March 2012), unicorny (2nd March 2012), Unified Serenity (2nd March 2012), ViralSpiral (2nd March 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Default Re: Feeling touchy.

Quote If you feel touchy already, and we haven't even started yet, definitely do not read on...
    I really don't like your insinuations here. Whoever said I was touchy?!
    Where do you get that from?!

Why people are touchy?
    A simple answer: because they don't feel appreciated by others in their life, starting (as ever) with their parents.

But I like your answer better. ;-)
    Last edited by NeverMind; 2nd March 2012 at 11:11.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Alan (2nd March 2012), Curt (2nd March 2012), gaiagirl (2nd March 2012), jimbojp (2nd March 2012), Limor Wolf (8th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (2nd March 2012), Tony (2nd March 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by NeverMind (here)
    Quote If you feel touchy already, and we haven't even started yet, definitely do not read on...
    I really don't like your insinuations here. Whoever said I was touchy?!
    Where do you get that from?!

Why people are touchy?
    A simple answer: because they don't feel appreciated by others in their life, starting (as ever) with their parents.

But I like your answer better. ;-)
    Dear Nevermind,

You are so right. I longed for recognition when I was young. I don't know what for, maybe it was just "Hey, I'm here and I'm lovely!!!"
    I had to drop that. A couple of years ago I received a rare hug from my teacher, who said, "It was good to see the teachings working."
    I said, "You have got to mean that." He said, "I do."

I haven't stopped crying ever since.
    Last edited by Tony; 2nd March 2012 at 11:23.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Anchor (2nd March 2012), bodhii71 (3rd March 2012), gaiagirl (2nd March 2012), Ineffable Hitchhiker (2nd March 2012), jimbojp (2nd March 2012), NeverMind (2nd March 2012), Tarka the Duck (3rd March 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Quote Dear Nevermind,

You are so right. I longed for recognition when I was young. I don't know what for, maybe it was just "Hey, I'm here and I'm lovely!!!"
    I had to drop that. A couple of years ago I received a rare hug from my teacher, who said, "It was good to see his teachings working."

How lovely.
    And how kind of you to share this.

I am sorry now that I deleted a part of what I had originally written: that people who feel touchy really are craving acknowledgement - the acknowledgement of their own unique God's beauty in everyone, whether they are aware of it or not.

But you said that much yourself, and you said it better.
    Last edited by NeverMind; 2nd March 2012 at 15:44.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Ineffable Hitchhiker (2nd March 2012), Tarka the Duck (3rd March 2012), Tony (2nd March 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,836 times in 3,731 posts

I'm not into feeling touchy, I prefer touchy feely
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

animalspirits (2nd March 2012), CD7 (2nd March 2012), gaiagirl (2nd March 2012), greybeard (3rd March 2012), highlyter (3rd March 2012), Tony (2nd March 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    I'm not into feeling touchy, I prefer touchy feely
    Me too!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to animalspirits For This Post:

gaiagirl (2nd March 2012), Tony (2nd March 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

I don't sweat the petty stuff. I pet the sweaty stuff.

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,846 times in 452 posts

Hi Pie- I'm glad you are here, and I know you're a lovely person. Unconditional love is all any of us want and need, whether we're willing to admit it or not,to ourselves and others.

15. Link to Post #9
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    A couple of years ago I received a rare hug from my teacher, who said, "It was good to see the teachings working."

That hug has so much value because it was "a rare hug" and therefore reserved only for the select few ?

(Sorry my ego could not help but notice that...)

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

bodhii71 (3rd March 2012), greybeard (3rd March 2012), Ineffable Hitchhiker (2nd March 2012), modwiz (2nd March 2012), Tony (2nd March 2012)

17. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    I don't sweat the petty stuff. I pet the sweaty stuff.
    eeewwwww!!! dude! thats sick! lol.. you made me spit my morning coffee

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gypsybutterflykiss For This Post:

Maria Stade (2nd March 2012), modwiz (2nd March 2012), Tony (2nd March 2012)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Solstyse's Avatar
    Thanks

Instead of being called "Feeling Touchy" should of been called, Get Off Your Butt And Do Something.

Hear Hear

http://www.bbbs.org/site/c.9iILI3NGK....BE16/Home.htm

http://www.mowaa.org/

http://www.aspca.org/aspca-nyc/volunteer/
    Believing in Darwin's theoretical mechanisms of evolution is like believing that a hurricane can blow through a junkyard and build a Boeing 747.---Fred Hoyle.
    There's no fulfillment in a lazy nation, that keeps feeding out infatuation with the idea of being famous.-Eyedea

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solstyse For This Post:

Tarka the Duck (3rd March 2012), Tony (2nd March 2012)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member SEAM's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,234 times in 361 posts

A bit of SynCron-City here... just read this portion of (Carlos Castaneda - The Active Side of Infinity) yesterday about "Inorganic Beings", be they orbs, deceased energy, or what have you:
    quote -

"The inorganic beings who populate our twin world are considered, by the sorcerers of our lineage, to be our relatives. Those shamans believed that it was futile to make friends with our family members because the demands levied on us for such friendships are always exorbitant. That type of inorganic being, who are our first cousins, communicate with us incessantly, but their communication with us is not at the level of conscious awareness. In other words, we know all about them in a subliminal way, while they know all about us in a deliberate, conscious manner.
    The energy from our first cousins is a drag! They are as messed up as we are. Let's say that the organic and inorganic beings of our twin worlds are the children of two sisters who live next door to each other. They are exactly alike although they look different. They cannot help us, and we cannot help them. Perhaps we could join together, and make a fabulous family business corporation, but that hasn't happened. Both branches of the family are extremely touchy and take offense over nothing, a typical relationship between touchy first cousins. The crux of the matter, the sorcerers of ancient Mexico believed, is that both human beings and inorganic beings from the twin worlds are profound egomaniacs."

Source - http://www.prismagems.com/castaneda/donjuan12.html

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SEAM For This Post:

gaiagirl (2nd March 2012), jimbojp (2nd March 2012), mosquito (5th March 2012), skamandar (5th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (3rd March 2012), Tony (2nd March 2012)

23. Link to Post #13
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SEAM (here)
    A bit of SynCron-City here... just read this portion of (Carlos Castaneda - The Active Side of Infinity) yesterday about "Inorganic Beings", be they orbs, deceased energy, or what have you:
    quote -

"The inorganic beings who populate our twin world are considered, by the sorcerers of our lineage, to be our relatives. Those shamans believed that it was futile to make friends with our family members because the demands levied on us for such friendships are always exorbitant. That type of inorganic being, who are our first cousins, communicate with us incessantly, but their communication with us is not at the level of conscious awareness. In other words, we know all about them in a subliminal way, while they know all about us in a deliberate, conscious manner.
    The energy from our first cousins is a drag! They are as messed up as we are. Let's say that the organic and inorganic beings of our twin worlds are the children of two sisters who live next door to each other. They are exactly alike although they look different. They cannot help us, and we cannot help them. Perhaps we could join together, and make a fabulous family business corporation, but that hasn't happened. Both branches of the family are extremely touchy and take offense over nothing, a typical relationship between touchy first cousins. The crux of the matter, the sorcerers of ancient Mexico believed, is that both human beings and inorganic beings from the twin worlds are profound egomaniacs."

Source - http://www.prismagems.com/castaneda/donjuan12.html

Hello Seam,

I entirely agree, all dimensions have profound egomaniacs, some have more nifty go-fast vehicles!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

jimbojp (2nd March 2012), Tarka the Duck (3rd March 2012)

25. Link to Post #14
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)
    A couple of years ago I received a rare hug from my teacher, who said, "It was good to see the teachings working."

That hug has so much value because it was "a rare hug" and therefore reserved only for the select few ?

(Sorry my ego could not help but notice that...)
    I'm sure he hugs everyone in private!
    When I said, "You have got to mean that." The look that went with it was....I'm not so easily taken in. But when one's heart and mind melt, .......!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Tarka the Duck (3rd March 2012)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

This has been Threaded, Posted, Re-Posted, and Re-Threaded, but it bears repeating:
    (If you're not sure, read it twice)

In the tradition of the sorcerers to which don Juan belongs, it is maintained that the universe is predatorial in nature. For sorcerers, this is not a matter of speculation or of metaphorical predilection - they know for a fact that it is predatorial. Throughout the ages they have described the condition of man, which is about the bleakest description we know. As time goes by, this description gains more and more ground. Sorcerers say that just as we keep chickens, or gallinas in Spanish, in a coop, or a gallinero, some entities that come from a universe of awareness keep us in human coops. Sorcerers make a joke and say that those entities, which they call flyers, or voladores, keep us human beings, or seres humanos, cooped up in humaneros.
    The flyers of the sorcerers' tradition are black shadows that we sometimes detect and explain away as floaters in the retina. Sorcerers know for a fact, by means of their capacity to see energy directly, that those shadows are predatorial and that they keep us alive in order to devour our awareness. Sorcerers say that our awareness is like a sheen around our total field of energy that looks to them like a luminous ball. To them, this sheen of awareness is like a plastic cover that would make the luminous ball shine even more if it were not for the fact that it has been eaten away down to the level of our heels.

Here is where the sorcerers description gets very disturbing to us; sorcerers say that the only sheen of awareness left in us by our eaters is the awareness of self-reflection. Therefore, all we are left with is the concern with me, myself and I. In our personal lives we have corroborated that the only force left in the immediate world around us is the force of self-importance, which comes disguised in the form of humility, compassion, altruism, kindness, you name it.

This sorcerer's description is of course our ultimate nemesis; we don't want to believe that we are being raised for food. In this sense, naturally, the sorcerers' tradition is at total variance with any other kind of spiritual tradition. Sorcerers say, and believe me, not out of cynicism, that every ideal we deal with in terms of spiritual traditions, religions, etc, is a device concocted by the flyers to keep us in a lull. Imagine our disquietude upon examining, weighing and pondering this proposition.

through recapitulating (google recapitulation Don Juan) we can acquire a hard discipline which is the only means by which we can make ourselves unpalatable to the flyers. Sorcerers assert that the only awareness which cannot be eaten is the awareness produced by iron-handed discipline. The recapitulation seems to create a condition of fluidity and determination which is the discipline that sorcerers talk about, not the discipline of compulsive, routinary behavior.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SEAM For This Post:

jimbojp (3rd March 2012), mosquito (5th March 2012), skamandar (5th March 2012), Tony (3rd March 2012)

29. Link to Post #16
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Dear SEAM

I am unfamiliar with the language you are us - but it is interesting. Are you saying that if someone has a determination, focus and constancy, that it is a form of protection.
    If so, that rings true from the point of view of the Vajrayana school of Tibetan Buddhism.
    One is non-compliant, and doesn't give up...ever!

Tony

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Post:

SEAM (3rd March 2012)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Dear SEAM

I am unfamiliar with the language you are us - but it is interesting. Are you saying that if someone has a determination, focus and constancy, that it is a form of protection.
    If so, that rings true from the point of view of the Vajrayana school of Tibetan Buddhism.
    One is non-compliant, and doesn't give up...ever! Tony
    YES
    Determination, focus and constancy.. are but the necessary attributes to perform a true "recapitulation".. or "removal of unnecessary debris". (Rise to the surface and skimming off)

DO Read "The active side of Infinity".. every chapter has awoken certain notions that I have always held, yet never seen in print. (for lack of a better description)

For now, however... this should tickle your fancy....

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1...w=1536&bih=757

AND:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&b...ed=0CBoQ1QIoAQ

Please, do let me know what you make of it.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to SEAM For This Post:

Tony (5th March 2012)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

In a nutshell: Recapitulation is the act of calling back the energy we have already spent in past actions. To recapitulate entails recalling all the people we have met, all the places we have seen, and all the feelings we have had in our entire lives; starting from the present and going back to the earliest memories; then sweeping them clean, one by one, with the sweeping breath. Inhale through the nose as you turn your head to the left, and then exhale as you turn it to the right. Next, turn your head to the left and right in a single movement without breathing. This is a mysterious way of breathing and the key to the recapitulation, because inhaling allows us to pull back energy that we lost; while exhaling permits us to expel foreign, undesirable energy that has accumulated in us through interacting with our fellow men.
    In order to live and interact, we need energy. Normally, the energy spent in living is gone forever from us. Were it not for the recapitulation, we would never have the chance to renew ourselves. Recapitulating our lives and sweeping our past with the sweeping breath work as a unit. Recalling everyone you have ever known and everything you have ever felt may seem like an absurd and impossible task that could take forever, but you have everything to gain by doing it, and nothing to lose. It’s so important that I propose you make an agreement. I want you to write and sign a promissory voucher stating that you’re going to try the recapitulation exercise for one month only. If, after a month, you don’t notice any increase in energy, or any improvement in how you feel toward yourself or toward life in general, you will be free to drop it as an exercise.
    When you recapitulate, try to feel some long stretchy fibers that extend out from your midsection, Then align the turning motion of your head with the movement of these elusive fibers. They are the conduits that will bring back the energy that you’ve left behind. In order to recuperate our strength and unity, we have to release our energy trapped in the world and pull it back to us. While recapitulating, we extend those stretchy fibers of energy across space and time to the persons, places and events we are examining. The result is that we can return to every moment of our lives and act as if we were actually there.
    Although intellectually this may seem like an intriguing possibility, most of us have little intention of returning to a disagreeable past, even if only in the mind. We might even take pride in having escaped an unbearable life situation, so we are recoil at the idea of going back and mentally relive all the moments we have tried so hard to forget. And yet, this technique and it’s purpose is utterly serious and sincere, so put your objections aside, and concentrate. The important point is to re-experience the events and feelings in as much detail as possible, and to touch them with the sweeping breath, thereby releasing one’s trapped energy.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SEAM For This Post:

mosquito (5th March 2012), skamandar (5th March 2012), Tony (5th March 2012)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

The sorcerers of don Juan’s lineage believed that to recapitulate meant to give the "dark sea of awareness".... (The Spirit - God, Ahhh (the sound you make when feels good), Buddha, Krishna, Tao, Ra, Allah, Jehovah, Brahman, Jah, etc.) Say AHHH, and you will feel the "dark sea of awareness" - GOD. (I feel God every time I get in my Hot Tub)
    what it was seeking: their life experiences. They believed that by means of the recapitulation, however, they could acquire a degree of control that could permit them to separate their life experiences from their life force. For them, the two were not inextricably intertwined; they were joined only circumstantially.

http://essential-knowledge.net/hunti...ecapitulation/

36. The Following User Says Thank You to SEAM For This Post:

Tony (5th March 2012)

37. Link to Post #20
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Liza is in town, drinking coffee with a friend. In a moment everything changes for Liza.
    Her mind stops, she looks around, the world around her seem to glow in a very
    mysterious way. She sits stiff and looks around in amazement but also feels a little
    weird. It will take weeks before Liza realizes that she isnt thinking any longer, not
    in that old neverending way. These weeks are the most tumultous weeks in her life.
    Well, there is gonna be more and more Lizas in the
    coming months and years, people who have never been into any kind of spirituality
    and have no words to put on wots happening to them. They are very vulnerable and
    need some support from humans who know wot its all about. Often they are totally
    unaware of wots happened to them.

Jorr

38. The Following User Says Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Tony (5th March 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast