Thread: Don't give up on Avalon

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Little Ishta's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 times in 227 posts

Default Re: Don't give up on Avalon

Tony, I love your post. And maybe just maybe that one morning in time we'll all be standing hand in hand.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Little Ishta For This Post:

ceetee9 (5th March 2012), frances (4th March 2012), GCS1103 (4th March 2012), modwiz (4th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Ontarioguy (4th March 2012), seko (6th March 2012), Snowbird (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (4th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012), ViralSpiral (4th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Thanks Tony, great Tread!, and how's true!

I've been following Avalon, Camelot since 2008. In the beginning, I was mostly reading, not participating. I have seen a lot of members choosing to leave, and new members constantly getting in.

I find that this is similar to life on Earth, birthing, dying, with all the emotions that it portends

And yes Ideally, the way we communicate is of outmost importance, respect, decency, honesty are the necessary qualities to help in communication, otherwise, it's non-conducive to reach the wonders of other people. But even so, it wouldn't stand to hold members in. We are in quest, we are in search, we often think that we might find something miraculous in another forum! And usually we do find something different in other forums, yes!, we find different thinking people and it's great!

I've been here for a while, during the Charles thing, I didn't much participated in the discussion, I thought I couldn't associate with this, but I didn't left, I keep reading what I find interesting.

Tony, thanks again, I like your stand on many things.

All the best to you.

Deega

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (5th March 2012), frances (4th March 2012), Gardener (4th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (4th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012), Vanessa (4th March 2012), write4change (4th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

LOL!!!! i guess its all in perspective...there are many more individuals to discuss these off the beaten path subjects here then in PC forum. NOT THAT ANYTHING WRONG OVER THERE! Some may want to bounce over there to add some peeps as the same issues are discussed!!! So to me its been real exciting here as there have been many more insights into different perspectives as well as alot of people who are expressing my exact sentiments, hopes, dreams...

I see a very full glass here...Thankyou
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Anam Cara (6th March 2012), BlueGem (4th March 2012), ceetee9 (5th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2012), frances (4th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Ontarioguy (4th March 2012), seko (6th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012), Vanessa (4th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Vanessa's Avatar
    Thanks

As a newbie here, lightweight has it's merits. I became a member to learn more about myself and the whole scheme of things. (How's that for lumping it all together. )

Have to say that you have cost me a great deal of thinking, and I've yet to respond to a particular post because I'm still trying to get my post in as logical fashion as possible. Thank you for that.

This forum is unique and needs as many of it's heavyweights here to keep it so. I need it to have enough for me to further my learning.
    But the forum is big enough and varied enough that almost anyone can come and find something of interest. Perhaps even the even the ones who come for kicks can also accidentally learn something too. Everyone is on the path, yet not all are at the same point. We need trailblazers to show us how far we have to go.
    Reality -- What a Concept!

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Vanessa For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (5th March 2012), frances (4th March 2012), kcbc2010 (8th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Ontarioguy (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012), write4change (4th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Avalon, as any forum, ebbs and flows with certain collective energies which are coalescing in the matrix of ideas. Sometimes these ideas get energetic perturbations in them as they are developing and forming, as a natural consequence of change. It's like cleaning out an old closet, you need to dig through those boxes and purge what no longer fits, and try on some new digs to see how you look in them.

This forum is not an entity unto itself, but a compilation of the sum total of the souls who contribute. We make Avalon what we want it to be. For example, recently there has been a deluge of channeled posts, and this community has reacted to this energy. Some say they are harmless and uplifting while others say they are harmful, deceptive and come from the cabal as "feel good, do nothing, everything is handled" psyops. I think both points are valid and deserve respect, although I'm adverse to channeling which comes from the dualistic dimensions. I've seen channeling from the dimensions of pure light, and nobody can take that much refined light energy every day. The content from the pure non dual dimensions is so different, it seems obvious to me, but I still respect those who choose to believe in those channelers who put out six pages of channeling a day.

This too shall pass, just as the whole "Charles" phenomenon did. Tomorrow there will be some new energy to integrate and the forum will take a different path. So no worries, it's all good.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 4th March 2012 at 19:23.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Anam Cara (6th March 2012), ceetee9 (5th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2012), gooty64 (4th March 2012), Holly Lindin (9th March 2012), Marie (20th March 2012), Muzz (6th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Sebastion (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012), Vanessa (4th March 2012), write4change (4th March 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by music (here)
    Good points. There is, however, a presence here planting thoughts that advance the NWO agenda, either consciously, or unconsciously, and some may see this as a good time to leave. The last that caught my attention had as it's goal the undermining of the family bond à la 1984. Now, pi, I know you don't mean me in your op, but for the record, I haven't been on since statements seeking to normalise child rape and pedophilia went unchallenged here. The taste left in my mouth took a while to fade.

I admire your heart, and your spirit

Glad I wasn't reading the forum during the pedophilia issue was afoot.
    I hope that those that might want to promote the NWO agenda either don't stay, or realize they are wrong and begin to change. Certainly the NWO agenda is playing out and not going to work.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vanessa For This Post:

music (4th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

I know how controversial, separatist and judgemental this suggestion might be judged, but here goes. I think Avalon has gotten greatly polluted with too many people not ready for the depth many others are, having not done enough homework and spending too much time posting and arguing down paths many of us have long since graduated from and want to move on.

I would also like to see far less 4 inch long posts dragging out threads with one liners saying 'good job', 'thanks, I agree'....etc. I request the mods delete the one liners and send them notice that that's what the gratitude button is for. I'm a mod on a local forum, I offer to do it.

Since having to be invited to be here in the first place is already mildly separatist/judgemental, why can't we start univiting under the same premise? There's nothing wrong with a certain group of people who have decided they mostly share similar ideas wanting their own club.

I know it brings up a sticky pile of decisions as to where to draw the line, who's going to do it and would very much ruffle the feathers of those who would perceive it as being unloving and/or not living an implied premise of tolerance. But every garden has weeds and you have the right to pull them. OR, maybe there could be two levels of invitees, and a choice at the start of a thread where the postee can choose to allow all to post or only Level 2 members.

Most importantly, we have serious work to do, and it will be far better served if unmuddied as much as possible.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

onawah (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #28
    I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada with my life partner.
    Thanks

Thanks Pi n eal for this thread. And thanks regarding your comment on David Icke's web site. I decided to check it out, and their is a lot of interesting information there to chew on. In response to your original thread, there may be some who have left this wonderful site or just decided to take a break. The longest brake I have taken was possibly a few hours LOL! Never the less I get your point. It is difficult to discuss many of the subject's brought up on this forum with my family and friends. I am fortunate though that my brother in Vancouver and my eldest son and I are on the same page. We do often discuss just about everything that is brought up on this forum and many others. Sometime however the amount of information and what is happening can become overwhelming. At moments like this I connect with myself through meditation and nature. I am fortunate to have a park behind my home with nature trails going around it . I consider this a blessing. However I must say that living in Ottawa with its parks and wooded areas is wonderful. Just across the Ottawa River in the Province of Quebec are the beautiful Gatineau Hills. I am surounded with beauty everywhere and very thank full for it.

I will continue to come to this forum. I have learned so much from the wisdom of so many.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lightseeker For This Post:

Holly Lindin (9th March 2012), Kristo (4th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012), write4change (4th March 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sebastasoul (here)
    I think Avalon has gotten greatly polluted with too many people not ready for the depth many others are, having not done enough homework and spending too much time posting and arguing down paths many of us have long since graduated from and want to move on.

I request the mods delete the one liners and send them notice that that's what the gratitude button is for. I'm a mod on a local forum, I offer to do it.

Since having to be invited to be here in the first place is already mildly separatist/judgemental, why can't we start univiting under the same premise? There's nothing wrong with a certain group of people who have decided they mostly share similar ideas wanting their own club.

I know it brings up a sticky pile of decisions as to where to draw the line, who's going to do it and would very much ruffle the feathers of those who would perceive it as being unloving and/or not living an implied premise of tolerance. But every garden has weeds and you have the right to pull them. OR, maybe there could be two levels of invitees, and a choice at the start of a thread where the postee can choose to allow all to post or only Level 2 members.

Most importantly, we have serious work to do, and it will be far better served if unmuddied as much as possible.
    Two levels, with an invite to the top level makes sense. As a full member I don't feel I have the same level as some of the more mature members have. To me it would be fair. I've noticed that any growth doesn't usually work like taking the stairs, some steps are skipped and some are revisited. Give everyone a chance to skip if they are ready. But let them wait to revisit the missed steps before declaring them master members, white hats or whatever you want to call the top level.

Yes, one liners could be handled with a simple agree or disagree button.

No, why not have a masterclass forum here that we less informed can read, yet if there are questions or input we can just respond privately to the poster?

I agree, we all have serious work to do, we also have the responsibility to help others transition.
    Last edited by Vanessa; 4th March 2012 at 18:32.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vanessa For This Post:

gooty64 (4th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member Charlie Pecos's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,842 times in 492 posts

Hi Tony,

I drop in from time to time and read a bit, but quite frankly I have long since moved past most discussions on Avalon. Whats the point? I started to feel as though I was proselytizing, enunciating my own beliefs too much. I now feel the overwhelming need to be silent and observe. I am observing a planet and a civilization in decline. The experiencers are unwilling or unable to fight it. Many see but many don't. I have come to the realization that it is meant to be.

There is not much any one of us can do, aside from being a positive influence in the lives of those around us. perhaps that will be enough, indeed I hope. But the reality is, it will not be. Look at the patterns, they show us where this is going- there is no denying it. I firmly believe that even if they lead us to destruction and our end, they will also invariably lead us to a new beginning. Perhaps we can yet get it right. We must somehow find a way to learn from our collective mistakes, we must find a place of respect for all living things, not the least of which would be our own children. They are the key. They mirror our mistakes and our failings, and they give us great hope.

It is possible, heaven on earth. But we have a long way to go, and the patterns say we are farther away from it with each passing day. Ironically, we are also closer with each day gone- if that makes any sense. I don't know where this is going, I don't know what's going to happen. I see much darkness, and yet much beauty is intertwined. I see human emotions run amok, I see war and apathy, and I see compassion, kindness, and love- all mixed in together. The Human Condition. There are those who seek to see the big picture, to have a greater understanding. And there are those who are content to play their roles, never wondering if there is more to this and why do we exist?. Such is our world. I seek to reconcile the evil and the righteous, the light and the dark- to obtain the "God Consciousness". The two cannot be segregated, they are each a part of a whole- and I seek to understand that whole, to let go of the programming and preconditioning. It is what I must do.

Avalon has been a huge step in my growth, and I feel others should be allowed to grow here. Please do not attempt to restrict any discourse, all must pass through the stages of learning and learning is a difficult, uncomfortable and necessary experience. It is vital to our evolution. I made many mistakes in my time here, and I offended some people, for that I am truly sorry. I thank all who helped me to grow while I participated here.

Thank you for inspiring me to write today, Tony.
    There is no good and there is no bad, all are experience and experience is everything.
    In truth, there is only ONE of us.

20. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Charlie Pecos For This Post:

Alekahn (7th March 2012), Anam Cara (6th March 2012), Ascension (5th March 2012), ceetee9 (5th March 2012), dAkapacity (4th March 2012), Deega (4th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2012), DoubleHelix (5th March 2012), Gardener (4th March 2012), Gemeos (15th March 2012), gooty64 (4th March 2012), Holly Lindin (9th March 2012), Marie (20th March 2012), Muzz (4th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Sebastion (4th March 2012), Swanette (8th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012), ViralSpiral (4th March 2012), write4change (4th March 2012)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I personally think that the last line is important information, though I doubt if all that many consult aliens, though you never know.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Galaxy22 For This Post:

onawah (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012)

23. Link to Post #32
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,119 times in 2,959 posts

I appreciate all the intelligent and deep-thinking and feeling people here having a conversation.

The way I see it, Avalon came up organically and grows this way. Parts come, parts go, rearrange, there is a transformation etc. -- It's only logical, that some people would at some point leave this place. But even some of those, that went, are still here frequently, like Fred S.

Anyways, I trust you all to do the right choice for you personally, what is the most appropriate thing for you to do right now -- and it might not be reading and writing on Avalon. Bill hasn't been seen lately a lot (if I even can judge that, haven't been on much myself), but I'm sure he's doing great and I appreciate all those lightworkers who do their job quietly and unseen.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

ceetee9 (5th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2012), Gardener (4th March 2012), Holly Lindin (9th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), seko (6th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I stopped posting here after some serious nuggetry went down, you know what I'm referring to, pie. I still visit this site every day, but more and more I find less and less. I won't be leaving till the internet goes, but long silent periods are not uncommon.

You've learned, and taught much here, pie..don't lose hope, my friend.
    Last edited by Aryslan; 4th March 2012 at 19:18.
    Before enlightenment, chop wood; carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood; carry water. -Zen Proverb

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aryslan For This Post:

ceetee9 (5th March 2012), DoubleHelix (5th March 2012), Gardener (4th March 2012), GCS1103 (4th March 2012), gooty64 (4th March 2012), Holly Lindin (9th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), seko (6th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member write4change's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,632 times in 628 posts

I appreciate this thread because it incapsulates so much of what I think. On a whole I read something everyday. I am always thrilled when I find something really important to me for at least once a week. Often where I find it is highly unexpected. For example Terrance McKenna's last interview in 1968. I have listened to it now at least five or six times. Prior to finding it here, I thought I had seen most of them on you tube but this was an unknown site to me that had preserved it. These things keep me coming back.

The need to for so many to parse so much deters me from writing more. Yet, I am aware that the failure of the many to reach out and connect is precisely what has led us as a planet to this place. I am not sure talking about it now is so effective as actually trying to do something about it. That has been where a lot of my energy goes but that often does not work very well either. So then I have to mentally regroup and come back here for feed back. The one difference is that since I have written less, I know much more about the space that different people approach their issues. Thus, some feedback will be water off a duck's back and some will be critically important to me.

Thank you for this thread of consideration of these type of issues. These very thoughts and expressions begin regeneration and inspire me to replow.
    Beware the axis of sanctimony.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to write4change For This Post:

Gardener (4th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

I personally feel many people leave Avalon because they need "immediate gratification" - the problem is with life is that it's boring most of the time. People seem to expect some amazing disclosure or a new "guru" to talk to them everyday, but it's rare that these things happen. I personally don't want "big things" happening everyday - e.g. WW3 starting, or a collapse happening as it will cause suffering for millions of people.
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

Anam Cara (6th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), seko (6th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012), Vanessa (4th March 2012)

31. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

If you get frustrated, just take a break and breathe it out. Let it go.

I get frustrated for sure. There are strong opinions on Avalon. Strong reality models. I'm sure we all feel at times that some other person "just doesn't get it". Sometimes we need to focus in on what things we all have in common. We are a community, so something must draw us together and bind us. Cue Sister Sledge.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

ceetee9 (5th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2012), Holly Lindin (9th March 2012), Limor Wolf (4th March 2012), Muzz (6th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012)

33. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    Don't give up on Avalon...
    If I may, would it not depend on what can be "offered" and what can be "gained" by all; which would depend on why one enters another's home. For the likeminded will attract those of like mind, thus selecting, rejecting and eventually dominance of a type of thought prevailing in the home. Of what benefit is it for one/some to remain!?

By way of example, if one has (more) knowledge of fact, (more) understanding of fact and is willing to share it, meaning not to discuss "fictions" - of what value is it to the one wishing to share with others (or for others), when what is being offered is rejected!? How would any of "like mind" know if and when one comes who does know, has understanding and is simply willing to share!?

Quote ...not mind control, and no aliens have been consulted...
    You did not mention if any government agents were involved in the writing of your piece - you gave yourself away (said in jest).

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Gardener (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (4th March 2012)

35. Link to Post #38
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Quote Posted by king anthony (here)
    Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    Don't give up on Avalon...
    If I may, would it not depend on what can be "offered" and what can be "gained" by all; which would depend on why one enters another's home. For the likeminded will attract those of like mind, thus selecting, rejecting and eventually dominance of a type of thought prevailing in the home. Of what benefit is it for one/some to remain!?

By way of example, if one has (more) knowledge of fact, (more) understanding of fact and is willing to share it, meaning not to discuss "fictions" - of what value is it to the one wishing to share with others (or for others), when what is being offered is rejected!? How would any of "like mind" know if and when one comes who does know, has understanding and is simply willing to share!?

Quote ...not mind control, and no aliens have been consulted...
    You did not mention if any government agents were involved in the writing of your piece - you gave yourself away (said in jest).
    We are all a bunch of aliens, we just arrive in wombs......!

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Anam Cara (6th March 2012), ceetee9 (5th March 2012), DoubleHelix (5th March 2012), Gardener (4th March 2012), Holly Lindin (9th March 2012), Ivanhoe (5th March 2012), king anthony (4th March 2012), Kristo (5th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), witchy1 (5th March 2012)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    If you get frustrated, just take a break and breathe it out. Let it go.

I get frustrated for sure. There are strong opinions on Avalon. Strong reality models. I'm sure we all feel at times that some other person "just doesn't get it". Sometimes we need to focus in on what things we all have in common. We are a community, so something must draw us together and bind us. Cue Sister Sledge.
    Hi there Whiskey M

Has anyone ever told you that you are a ringer for Bill Murray?

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

onawah (4th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (5th March 2012)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

I have much more to learn, to read and to partake in. There is no way I'm leaving anytime soon.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to YoungSoul For This Post:

Gardener (4th March 2012), onawah (4th March 2012), seko (6th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (5th March 2012), Tony (5th March 2012), Vanessa (5th March 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast