+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Don't give up on Avalon

1. Link to Post #61

Default Re: Don't give up on Avalon

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    I fully understand how you feel, all this can wear one down. Taking time to rest and reflect is always useful. After all, this is maybe what Bill is doing. I had a break last week...and it was good! Our problem is, the illuminati and friends (although I can't imagine that they know what friendship is) don't sleep, so we have to be even more vigilant!

As you say we have to sharpen our discussions, and not get so personal. It is still all about freedom of spirit or will or being, whatever we want to call it. We need to make a tremendous effort not to have digs at each others. That just clogs the mind with trivia.

Whoops I'm getting a bit passionate!

Of course when I do get bored, I shave my head....and then find I start shaving other parts....for something to do!

I noticed too that a lot of the threads turn into personality conflicts or expressing points of views in an in-cohesive manner -without discussing the original posts or view points clearly.

I'm not going to give up and you wont see me shaving me head

Appreciate your spirit

Love

Nora

We are all related

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

Calz (6th March 2012), modwiz (9th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012), RunningDeer (7th March 2012), Solstyse (9th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (6th March 2012), Tony (6th March 2012), ViralSpiral (6th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    We must not be afraid of putting the another aspect to a subject.
    The funnier the better!!!!
    An example: Someone put on a thread, "There are no absolutes" I replied, ( and very funny I thought)...." How sure are you, there are no absolutes!"
    "There are no absolutes" is an absolute statement itself.
    Agree Tony...

Stavros
    Truth will not set you free. Knowledge will...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sdafnom For This Post:

NeverMind (16th March 2012), RunningDeer (7th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (6th March 2012), Tony (6th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

As I have said, I get frustrated here. But also... now and then someone posts something that really touches me. And then it is all worth it.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Alekahn (7th March 2012), Calz (6th March 2012), modwiz (9th March 2012), Muzz (6th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012), RunningDeer (7th March 2012), Sebastion (6th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (6th March 2012), Tony (6th March 2012), toothpick (9th March 2012), write4change (6th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cartomancer (here)
    To be honest I am becoming discouraged. I post and add to many threads and no one will discuss or rarely answers or replies to what I post. Its not just me I see this on many threads here.
    Yes, that would be discouraging, and it's something I've noticed as well. I've started exactly one thread here. After 100 views with no comments, I deleted it. I received several private messages thanking me for the post, saying it was well written, etc., but yet no one commented. I realize cliques develop in every forum, but it also seems like there's a lot of marginalization here.

While I'm not one of the "heavyweights" pie'n'eal described, it makes me wonder who the next round of heavyweights will be when a good portion of the members obviously feel more comfortable watching the circus rather than joining in. That's why I've stopped commenting . . . for what it's worth.

As the heavyweights drift away for a variety of reasons, and others feel stifled or unaccepted, there is only one direction for the forum to go.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis-G For This Post:

Alekahn (8th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012), RunningDeer (7th March 2012), Swanette (15th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (6th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

I agree with everything that has been said so far... and I want to add this to the mix...,

I thank you (OP) for supporting the diversity here at Avalon. I have visited a few other forums and continue to be amazed at the permissiveness and the variety of information on this great forum... you don't find that often enough out there (a huge hug to Bill Ryan for that) and I do miss everyone here... I wish I could gather everyone up and plunk them down in one spot for our own community.

THANK YOU for missing me... I appreciate being appreciated...
    Most days I would much rather deal with my thinking-debating avalon family than with the real people in my small corner of the world.

but in light of that I have reduced my time here on avalon...
    I have stopped creating threads because everything I post is stupid until it becomes someone else's brilliant post tomorrow, but that is ok- and I am starting to get used to the fact that I am just supposed to serve as a catalyst in a lot of issues...in both the cyber and real worlds...

I have popped in and out often enough to peek in on the days' “mood”,

I have even been passionate/disgusted enough to get up on my own soap box a time or two...debate is good , and I have reached the balancing point of only reading what I am interested in in the allotted time I have daily

but the main reason I take long breaks from my wonderful Avalon family - is ONLY because I am forced to...

in this economy no one is going to step up and pay all my bills so I can lounge inside Avalonian cyberspace everyday...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xbusymom For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (7th March 2012), GCS1103 (15th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012), RunningDeer (7th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (7th March 2012)

11. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Cartomancer (here)
    So I am going to take a little break from Avalon. I will prepare myself for the inevitable flood of emails begging me not to go but I must (insert sarcasm). Love all you guys and will be back even though there are only a few here that I feel I have gotten to know. I think the more recent migration here may be because of another forum. I am not going to join that one either. Everyone have a really great day and I will see you soon!
    Enjoy your break, Cartomancer. And I'll leave the light on for ya! xo

PS I am aware and in full appreciation when you've popped in on my threat.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 7th March 2012 at 13:10.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

NeverMind (16th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (16th March 2012)

13. Link to Post #67
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Cartomancer, in less than 3/4 of a year, over 1500 people have hit the "Thanks" button on your posts. It may not be the conversation you are hoping to spark, but you're not being ignored.

Dennis
    That's great concrete evidence, Dennis Leahy & and yeah! for Cartomancer.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 23rd March 2012 at 16:17.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

modwiz (9th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (16th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,711 times in 2,086 posts

I always said this is a an Avalon Family here , just like any other family on this planet, differences of ideas, differences of opinions, and a great deal of love here . Yes there are individuals (none specific) who rattle the sabre in life, typically individuals like that don't last long because as friend of mine told me once long ago " Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry enough and you'll be crying alone". I was here for the beginning of avalon , due to the people who I have met personally and thru this forum or on private emails or threads in a general discussion this HUB / Family HUB has continued to open my inner self like taking a pry bar and forcing myself open as I am experiencing light within that has no structure or boundries as my thought process is rethinking the way I have been brought up in a man made way.

There have been so many profound statements and ideas brought forward here that have had me saying to myself in resonation "yes" and I could feel the light switch turn on that I can't even begin to list. This family reunion of ideas has also periodically made me re-evaluate who and what I really am and what really is my purpose here . Yes all of you have provided many answers or keys to my questions but just as in life , the older we get the more we realize we don't know. Some good souls have come and gone. Those who have left have made their impressions longstanding. I believe the reason why Avalon got started still holds it's main core values today in the quest for many to come together like a family does periodically during a reunion , only this family is very special as that we are a group from around the world coming together in one place to share , learn , and yes laugh too. For me , I'm here for the duration even if a glacier moves here in northern michigan I'll keep drilling upward thru the ice as it gets thicker to get my avalon reception.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Alekahn (8th March 2012), kcbc2010 (8th March 2012), modwiz (9th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012), onawah (8th March 2012), RunningDeer (7th March 2012), unicorny (15th March 2012)

17. Link to Post #69
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    I always said this is a an Avalon Family here, just like any other family on this planet, differences of ideas, differences of opinions, and a great deal of love here.
    Lots of thoughts expressed here, pyrangello. I just wanted to say thanks for "putting pen to paper" and sharing your unique sense of humor. And I agree with this:
    Quote "..only this family is very special as that we are a group from around the world coming together in one place to share , learn , and yes laugh too..."
    Project Avalon, is a family that shares, learns and laughs. We can all use more laughter in our lives, huh?

Peace.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

CdnSirian (9th March 2012), modwiz (9th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

I think that everyone brings a different set of skills and knowledge to PA. However, we only benefit from that if we share what we know w/others.

I come from a political background and I'm still an activist. Since I'm still in that world I try to share what that world is like and the perceptions I see and hear from fellow activists and "people in the know". I'm really not interested so much in debating as sharing information to help people get a clearer picture of what's going on because I don't have all the pieces, but I'm willing to share what I do have.

I know this thread isn't about me personally; however, my impression is that there's a conflict between the different types of people who come here. Some people are looking to make connections. Some come to share information. Some come to learn and research and ask questions. Some just come to complain because nobody seems to be awake. Not everyone has the same goals, so finding a united outcome or set of goals is like trying to "round up a herd of cats!" because we are all independently minded.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kcbc2010 For This Post:

Holly Lindin (9th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012), RunningDeer (9th March 2012), unicorny (15th March 2012), xbusymom (10th March 2012)

21. Link to Post #71
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Quote Posted by kcbc2010 (here)
    I think that everyone brings a different set of skills and knowledge to PA. However, we only benefit from that if we share what we know w/others.

I come from a political background and I'm still an activist. Since I'm still in that world I try to share what that world is like and the perceptions I see and hear from fellow activists and "people in the know". I'm really not interested so much in debating as sharing information to help people get a clearer picture of what's going on because I don't have all the pieces, but I'm willing to share what I do have.

I know this thread isn't about me personally; however, my impression is that there's a conflict between the different types of people who come here. Some people are looking to make connections. Some come to share information. Some come to learn and research and ask questions. Some just come to complain because nobody seems to be awake. Not everyone has the same goals, so finding a united outcome or set of goals is like trying to "round up a herd of cats!" because we are all independently minded.
    I see what you're saying. There is also a unity amongst all who come here.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

RunningDeer (9th March 2012)

23. Link to Post #72
    Australia Avalon Member Wiremu2011's Avatar
    Thanks

Project Avalon for me - is one of the best rides on the internet. I dont post that much, but I've learnt a lot from those who reside here. As I said, it's just a ride and I'm going to enjoy it until whatever happens in the so called near future.
    Unitl then, much love and peace to you all. You're all beautiful to me - every single one of you.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wiremu2011 For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (9th March 2012), mahalall (16th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012), RunningDeer (9th March 2012), toothpick (9th March 2012)

25. Link to Post #73
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wiremu2011 (here)
    Project Avalon for me - is one of the best rides on the internet. I dont post that much, but I've learnt a lot from those who reside here. As I said, it's just a ride and I'm going to enjoy it until whatever happens in the so called near future.
    Unitl then, much love and peace to you all. You're all beautiful to me - every single one of you.
    I'm sending much love and peace and joy right back to the beautiful Wiremu2011!
    And I'm tossing in a hug and a kiss - xo. Poof!
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer
    Heck why not? Here's a , too.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

mahalall (16th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012), toothpick (9th March 2012)

27. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

Hey Pie-remember this thread you started??????????? Ironic don't you think? Please, just take a break, and come back.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

EnergyGardener (14th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012), Samsara (15th March 2012)

29. Link to Post #75
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 times in 885 posts

Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)
    Hey Pie-remember this thread you started??????????? Ironic don't you think? Please, just take a break, and come back.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We were wondering how long it would be before some smarty pants brought this back !!!!!
    Kathie

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

Calz (15th March 2012), EnergyGardener (14th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012), Samsara (15th March 2012), seko (15th March 2012), Sidney (14th March 2012)

31. Link to Post #76
    United States Avalon Member EnergyGardener's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,647 times in 455 posts

Pie,

Thanks for Rocking the Boat.

Sometimes people fall out, but often times people jump out.

You can see there are plenty of outreached hands if and when you want to climb back in...mine included, for what that's worth.

EnergyGardener
    What Happens to Us, Is Less Important, Than; How We React, When It Does
    -and-
    What Happens to Us, Is Less Important, If; We are Prepared, When It Does - US Copyright 2003

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGardener For This Post:

Calz (15th March 2012), CdnSirian (14th March 2012), Curt (14th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012), shijo (14th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (14th March 2012)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

I am Bumping this thread for the obvious reasons. : )

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Calz (15th March 2012), Curt (15th March 2012)

35. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

I, too, shall miss him. But I've got your You Tube channel bookmarked and hope that the videos continue.

Kindest regards.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermite For This Post:

Calz (15th March 2012), Curt (15th March 2012), NeverMind (16th March 2012)

37. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by Tarka the Duck (here)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We were wondering how long it would be before some smarty pants brought this back !!!!!
    Kathie

As above ... so below ...

Outside world is healed by looking inside ...

What goes around ... comes around ...

Careful what you wish for ... you just might get it ...

Aw shucks ... see what a gaping void is left without you Tony???

Nobody does it better (I'll spare you by not breaking into song).

Chocolate covered karma ...

Cannot help but feel with your sense of humor one of these will soon be appearing (created by the pie in the sky as it were ...)

Name:  missmeyet.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  10.7 KB
    Last edited by Calz; 15th March 2012 at 14:11.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

NeverMind (16th March 2012), seko (15th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (15th March 2012)

39. Link to Post #80
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Quote I've started exactly one thread here. After 100 views with no comments, I deleted it. I received several private messages thanking me for the post, saying it was well written, etc., but yet no one commented. I realize cliques develop in every forum, but it also seems like there's a lot of marginalization here.
    You may have jumped the gun, Dennis.
    You may be right about cliques developing, although I can't say I've noticed it myself - but then, I am notoriously blind to such things.
    However, I often see an interesting thread and do not comment, at least for a few days, and I can assure you it has nothing whatsoever to do with any cliques. I may be too busy to comment; or my mind could be occupied with other concerns; or I simply need some more time to think about it.
    I may even never comment on it; but that doesn't mean that I haven't benefitted from the thread. In fact, some of the most influential threads I've ever read, here and elsewhere, were ones that I never replied to.

Am I unique in that?
    I doubt it very much.

Think about it. :-)

Quote Posted by Tarka the Duck (here)
    Kathie
    That's the first thing that occurred to me, too!
    And to others, I am sure.

Now, I don't know about the others, but I DEMAND my hug and kiss, too!
    Intention gotta amount to something!

Last edited by NeverMind; 16th March 2012 at 10:26.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Calz (16th March 2012), Hermite (16th March 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast