+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Densities, Dimensions and Time ~ How Do They All Relate?

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

Default Re: Densities, Dimensions and Time ~ How Do They All Relate?

Time is necessary for the human experience, time does not exist for the soul, the importance lies with the journey and the knowledge you gain. You must think of yourself as a soul having a human experience not as a human with a soul!

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Default Re: Densities, Dimensions and Time ~ How Do They All Relate?

Lots of great ideas and information in this thread! My understanding of time is related to atoms (ie. how atomic clocks operate). Also, our own perception is quite relevant, and as others here have said, your perception of time often changes.

To look at time physically, we can notice the movements of objects. If a cup is on a table, and it is moved across the surface, then time is equal to the journey of the cup, using its starting spot as a point of reference. So when you look at the starting point and the end point at the same time, then you realise that those two moments exist at the same time. They are not happening at the same time, because that implies start and end points for those two moments, but they are existing simultaneously.

The same is true of all atoms too. The orbitals of electrons can be treated in the same way as the cup. Each electron is rotating and jumping around to different orbitals. Electrons are probably in any given point on that orbital, meaning they have (and will be) anywhere around the nucleus of that atom. So when you look at the electron in the same way as the cup, you can condense each point in time to one point and realise that the atom is existing in a huge number of states.

So, since atoms are our building blocks, I think it would be fair to assume our reality can (and does) exist in an almost infinite amount of states, and all moments of experience exist at the same time.

Whew! I hope I have explained myself clearly enough.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who only dream by night

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2