+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 7 10 LastLast

Thread: Maybe time to take a serious look at David Wilcock

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 times in 750 posts

Default Re: Maybe time to take a serious look at David Wilcock

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)
    p.s.s.s. this thought just occurred to me: maybe Wilcock was tripping during his mawkish meltdown maybe we should let the poor guy of the hook.

shortly after David had his (genuine) emotional breakdown on radio...... Alex Jones decided he'd better have one as well....

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Anam Cara (11th March 2012), davyj0nes (12th March 2012), DoubleHelix (12th March 2012), foreverfan (12th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012), NancyV (11th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #122
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,612 times in 1,368 posts

Borden, I just spent half an hour replying to your post and the internet ate my reply. I shall begin again when I feel less fangy.

:D

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Mike (12th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #123
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,756 times in 8,575 posts

Quote Posted by songsfortheotherkind (here)
    Borden, I just spent half an hour replying to your post and the internet ate my reply. I shall begin again when I feel less fangy.

Hi
    If I have more than a few words to say I put it on the word processor and when finished paste it in.
    Think most of us have been there and its frustrating.
    Best wishes Chris
    A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. :attention:

http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

gripreaper (12th March 2012), modwiz (11th March 2012), Muzz (11th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #124
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Hi
    If I have more than a few words to say I put it on the word processor and when finished paste it in.
    Think most of us have been there and its frustrating.
    Best wishes Chris
    *grinning* I have had enough experiences with doing this and still get caught with thinking 'oh, this isn't going to be a long reply...'

ahem.

It is utterly my own folly. And an indication of some element of stubborn refusal in there somewhere which, in the appropriate settings, is absolutely useful and necessary. In wrangling with replies in a forum where there is no 'save reply' button, it is completely self defeating. Clearly I'm not done with 'using my stubbornness in entirely the wrong situation' and 'being frustrated at my own stubbornness when I use it in entirely the wrong situation'.

Ah, good times, good times... *laughing in that semi-grrrr with self sort of way'

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

greybeard (11th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #125
    Borden

That is extremely annoying, I know. I've been there too. If you were writing in disagreement with me I will of course claim that my psychic powers were responsible.

Borden

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Borden For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (11th March 2012), greybeard (11th March 2012), gripreaper (12th March 2012), jorr lundstrom (12th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012), onawah (12th March 2012), Sebastion (12th March 2012), songsfortheotherkind (11th March 2012)

11. Link to Post #126
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Borden (here)

That is extremely annoying, I know. I've been there too. If you were writing in disagreement with me I will of course claim that my psychic powers were responsible.

Borden
    hah, you're just saying that because the awesomeness of my paper dolly Fu completely overwhelmed you. *snips scissors at you haughtily*

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (11th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012)

13. Link to Post #127
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,846 times in 5,224 posts

If you are using Firefox:
    Go to Tools
    Add-ons
    Extensions

search for and enable Lazarus: Form Recovery

This was a tip from a very bright and very computer savvy friend of mine, named Paul. Mooooo. This has saved me quite a bit of typing when Firefox crashes. I have an insane habit of having many many multiple tabs open simultaneously, and have noticed an increased frequency of crashes once I exceed 100 tabs open. Earlier today, it crashed with 162 tabs open. Lazarus is still holding data I typed in to an Avalon post I will yet finish, from 2 or 3 crashes and a couple of days ago. Lazarus: text rises from the dead. :~)

Dennis

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

foreverfan (12th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012), onawah (12th March 2012), songsfortheotherkind (11th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #128
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 129,170 times in 20,634 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    If you're using any of the browsers Chrome, Safari, or Firefox, then consider using the (free) Lazarus browser add-on. It automatically saves what you enter into forms, as you type it (such as it is doing now, as I type this), and lets you easily recover what you were entering. I could pull out the power cord from my PC as I type this right now, and then come back here after rebooting, to recover what I've just written in a few clicks, and to continue writing this reply.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    If you are using Firefox:
    Go to Tools
    Add-ons
    Extensions

search for and enable Lazarus: Form Recovery

This was a tip from a very bright and very computer savvy friend of mine, named Paul. Mooooo.
    Aha - hi Dennis .

The newest version of Lazarus also runs on Chrome and Safari (from what they say; I'm still using the earlier Firefox only version.)

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paul For This Post:

Mike (12th March 2012), onawah (12th March 2012), ponda (12th March 2012)

17. Link to Post #129
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,039 times in 3,786 posts

I can't access Avalon off of Firefox at all . Any ides why. Not to go off topic. I used to be able to but can't anymore, very annoying I have to use flu prone IE.

18. Link to Post #130
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,846 times in 5,224 posts

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    I can't access Avalon off of Firefox at all . Any ides why. Not to go off topic. I used to be able to but can't anymore, very annoying I have to use flu prone IE.
    Well,
    Quote Not to go off topic.
    ... we might have to ask David Wilcock.* (How's that for a segue!) If Firefox did not work for me, I'd uninstall it, and reinstall it. If That still didn't work, I'd use Chrome. If that didn't work, geez, what the hell would I do then... maybe call that off-world guy with the quasi-Irish accent. He would know who to call. Using IE is like being covered in chicken blood and staked over a large fire ant colony, or like getting gang raped by the Monsanto board of directors, or like getting stuck in an elevator with a dozen mimes - I just couldn't give my consent.

Dennis

*(p.s. Not teasing or mocking David - I just needed a way to segue back on-topic.)

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

9eagle9 (12th March 2012), DoubleHelix (12th March 2012), jorr lundstrom (12th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012), songsfortheotherkind (12th March 2012)

20. Link to Post #131
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Well,
    ... we might have to ask David Wilcock.* (How's that for a segue!) If Firefox did not work for me, I'd uninstall it, and reinstall it. If That still didn't work, I'd use Chrome. If that didn't work, geez, what the hell would I do then... maybe call that off-world guy with the quasi-Irish accent. He would know who to call. Using IE is like being covered in chicken blood and staked over a large fire ant colony, or like getting gang raped by the Monsanto board of directors, or like getting stuck in an elevator with a dozen mimes - I just couldn't give my consent.

Dennis

*(p.s. Not teasing or mocking David - I just needed a way to segue back on-topic.)
    " like getting stuck in an elevator with a dozen mimes"

*falls about laughing* this post is chock-full-o-win...

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

9eagle9 (12th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012)

22. Link to Post #132
    Borden

Well,

Dennis

... and brilliantly done, sir!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Borden For This Post:

9eagle9 (12th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012)

24. Link to Post #133
    Thanks

No no no send a ufo down to fix it.

thank you for advice Dennis I will try that and if that doesn't help I'll put a sos in the technical portion of the thread. Some brainiac should know what's up.

Well,

Dennis

25. Link to Post #134
    Deactivated
    Thanks

This is absolutely, definitely not aimed at anyone specifically, has nothing to do with this thread *and*-

It is, some days, extremely difficult to engage with individuals who seem to be chronically unable to read and respond to what you have *actually* written- it makes discussing anything at all extremely difficult *and* it makes me not want to go into the kitchen...

(warning- contains the F word that sounds like truck, for those that don't like to hear that word.)

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012), DoubleHelix (12th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012), onawah (12th March 2012)

27. Link to Post #135
    Borden

A clip from one of my all time favourite films.

I bet you posted this because I didn't respond to post 126!

Borden

28. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

I get annoyed by people who insist I don't understand them when in reality I'm just disagreeing with them.

29. Link to Post #137
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Borden (here)
    A clip from one of my all time favourite films.
    *grins hugely at you* Of course! How could we get through the noise of this planet without such sustenance and good advice? *flaps gloves vigorously* Never do anything without the gloves! It was, however, a real bitch with typing until I discovered latex- so many errors when wearing the rubber ones...

Quote I bet you posted this because I didn't respond to post 126! Borden
    You fiend! You just said that because you knew I'd be compelled to go find out what post 126 is! Blast it!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

31. Link to Post #138
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 31,349 times in 3,867 posts

I get annoyed by people who insist I don't understand them when in reality I'm just disagreeing with them.

if your signature wasn't already so epic, i would have strongly suggested using this line here.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

9eagle9 (12th March 2012), PurpleLama (12th March 2012)

33. Link to Post #139
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,459 times in 9,655 posts

Withnail and I was one of the funniest movies made in 1987 and several other years.
    Each breath a gift...

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

songsfortheotherkind (12th March 2012)

35. Link to Post #140
    Morocco Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,186 times in 5,446 posts

This is such a strong and often overlooked aspect of 'not being on the same page'. Sometimes we understand others better than they understand themselves, as well. Good point and one that should help address some of the sulking that can accompany disagreement, which often results from 'feeling' misunderstood.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Post:

9eagle9 (12th March 2012), DoubleHelix (12th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012), songsfortheotherkind (12th March 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 7 10 LastLast