+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 8 10 LastLast

Thread: Maybe time to take a serious look at David Wilcock

1. Link to Post #141
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Default Re: Maybe time to take a serious look at David Wilcock

well....there's 15 members on this thread at the moment.

somebody f#cking say something already

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

9eagle9 (12th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #142
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,613 times in 1,368 posts

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    I get annoyed by people who insist I don't understand them when in reality I'm just disagreeing with them.
    This and the emotionally sticky World of Goo that comes when an individual believes that *their* discomfort is something that *I* have to do something about and they continue to raise the energetic stakes as their anxiety climbs with each rebuttal.

I do tend to bypass the 'you're not understanding me' with an interaction that involves mirroring (is this what you are saying? Are you meaning this when you say 'blahblah'?), it is clearly established that I *do* understand them and that I simply am not agreeing with them. Then, if this triggers a melt down, I'll ping off somewhere else and wait to see if anything mutually interesting is going to happen from there.

I'm always willing to engage with an individual until such time as interaction becomes counterproductive- sometimes this takes time to establish, sometimes it's an immediate thing...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Mike (12th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #143
    Borden

I was trying to think of a quote from Withnail and I that wouldn't get me banned. It's not easy.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Borden For This Post:

Mike (12th March 2012), songsfortheotherkind (12th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #144
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)
    well....there's 15 members on this thread at the moment.

somebody f#cking say something already
    cheese.

oh, apparently that answer is too short and I need to increase my character count. Ok-

tasty cheese.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Mike (12th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #145
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

LOL- I haven't read any of this thread much, and was just trying to figure out where David W factors in here?? Not that it matters or anything. lol

10. Link to Post #146
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Borden (here)
    I was trying to think of a quote from Withnail and I that wouldn't get me banned. It's not easy.
    Now you can grasp the extreme self control that I exercise every time I post- the strain of having to mentally edit out the F word that sounds like truck! *makes extreme angst motions with hands*

I write it like that because years ago one of my children was told once 'I don't watch that show, they use the F word': cue small child with puzzled expression- 'Fat?' 'No, not that word. The rude word.' More puzzlement, then- 'Fart?'

11. The Following User Says Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

12. Link to Post #147
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

amaru...what do u think of this thread?
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

13. Link to Post #148
    Deactivated
    Thanks

*laughing* maybe we need a pub in this forum- 'hey, let's all head to the pub and quote Withnail and I while ***ing around with other unseemly folderol and irreverent, unevolved hoopla! I'll bring some tasty cheese...'

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Mike (12th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #149
    Thanks

Love the pub idea. I need to celebrate just by passing my 1000 th post.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Carmen (12th March 2012), jackovesk (12th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012)

17. Link to Post #150
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Quote Posted by songsfortheotherkind (here)
    *laughing* maybe we need a pub in this forum- 'hey, let's all head to the pub and quote Withnail and I while ***ing around with other unseemly folderol and irreverent, unevolved hoopla! I'll bring some tasty cheese...'

'tasty' cheese only!

because 'cheese' alone would just not be adequate.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)

here! here!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Sidney (12th March 2012), songsfortheotherkind (12th March 2012)

19. Link to Post #151
    Borden

Maybe we could take David Wilcock down the pub with us and get him s*it-faced. We'd all be mates by the end of the night.

We urgently need to get this thread back on topic. I deny any accusations that I am partially to blame.

Borden

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Borden For This Post:

Mike (12th March 2012)

21. Link to Post #152
    Thanks

'tasty' cheese only!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)

here! here!
    actually, sharp white cheddar,wheat thins and dry red wine sound excellent.

22. Link to Post #153
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Very good. You established my point about the David Wilcocks devotees and their inabilty to manage their emotions concerning their hero better than I did.

I get annoyed by people who insist I don't understand them when in reality I'm just disagreeing with them.
    This and the emotionally sticky World of Goo that comes when an individual believes that *their* discomfort is something that *I* have to do something about and they continue to raise the energetic stakes as their anxiety climbs with each rebuttal.

I do tend to bypass the 'you're not understanding me' with an interaction that involves mirroring (is this what you are saying? Are you meaning this when you say 'blahblah'?), it is clearly established that I *do* understand them and that I simply am not agreeing with them. Then, if this triggers a melt down, I'll ping off somewhere else and wait to see if anything mutually interesting is going to happen from there.

I'm always willing to engage with an individual until such time as interaction becomes counterproductive- sometimes this takes time to establish, sometimes it's an immediate thing...

23. Link to Post #154
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

just catching up on this thread.

Personally, when i heard David Wilclock crying i felt it was all for show. I did enjoying reading parts 1 and 2 of the trillion dollar lawsuit. I found that it 'resonanted' with what i had learned in school, and my personal studies. I would say that it's to everyone's benefit to hold these 'whistleblowers'/'contactees' at arms length. If it 'resonates' with you then great, if not thats good too. What gets people in trouble, (like a certain, little robotoid on these forums) is when they take it as true and faithful gospel handed down from on high. And, heaven help you if you disagree with them. They will curse you, bad mouth you, and buy hexes off of ebay to get you with. It is so scary to read what those people write, its as if they identify with the message so fully that they lose all sense of self. To disagree with them is to mortally wound them.

I am in full agreement with scotusa post, that avalon should have some sort of rating system/cow patty meter for 'whistleblowers/contactees'.
    Last edited by davyj0nes; 13th March 2012 at 19:30.

24. Link to Post #155
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Maybe we could take David Wilcock down the pub with us and get him s*it-faced. We'd all be mates by the end of the night.

We urgently need to get this thread back on topic. I deny any accusations that I am partially to blame.

Borden
    I rebut your denial, so there, and have ample evidence to support my claim, so there! And I've been trying to think how to get the thread back on topic, but this pub is noisy and I'm about to throw a dart at an annoying patron and then pretend that I was actually aiming at the dart board but that I'm just a really crappy shot, particularly considering that they are at the opposite end of the room...

Personally, I don't have any energy for the actual topic of the conversation, I got involved because I could see what to me personally was some fairly dodgy reasoning and use of parameters of thinking going on: for me, certain things are really simple-

if I don't like what someone is saying and I can engage with them personally about it, I'll endeavour to communicate with them about it, see what is possible, what can be created (or not) and go from there- is there room for something to happen co-creatively? Can greater mutual understanding happen? Or is it better to agree to disagree and move on?

If I *can't* engage with them personally about it, I'll evaluate what is bothering me, make further explorations, get some other perspectives as a way to hold more information from the hologram, move the pieces around more while holding my sense of 'mmm' in the space and see what comes up. If I discuss it with others, I'll be discussing *my discomfort*, moving that around, not engaging in a dissection of the individual that has triggered the discomfort or 'mmm'- in my world, they're doing me a valuable service by bringing something up that my otherwise occupied consciousness may not have picked up. I don't need to shoot the messenger if it's me that's getting triggered! Even if I can manage to rustle up some impressive rationalisations about how I'm getting fired up on behalf of all those who can't figure out for themselves that they're being taken for a ride- (oh, won't someone think of the children???) *handwringing*)

Mmm. ahem. So I'm really unsupportive of efforts to engage others in tearing apart the works of another individual with a view to getting some kind of consensus. So what if 51% of the board were to agree that David's work is bunkum? Would this then be followed by an edict that his work was not to be presented or discussed, or that the 'majority' could squash anyone who found David's work to be interesting and relevant for them personally? This is how 'democracy' works and, just as it sucks out in the world, it also sucks everywhere else it's applied.

I am actually into developing new ways of Being, new ways of approaching things that resonate as *intelligent* and evolved to me- I get how the majority do things and it just isn't interesting, intelligent or evolved from the part of the hologram I'm looking out of. I find psychonauting exhilarating and useful, find moving the pieces around fascinating, I love the evolution that comes from an individual sharing their subjective process, perspectives and experiences- I don't like closed systems.

So I don't know that I can add anything useful to the theme of this particular thread.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Very good. You established my point about the David Wilcocks devotees and their inabilty to manage their emotions concerning their hero better than I did.
    And established some other things about your broken record comments that add little to the matter but support your own view of things aplenty.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

davyj0nes (12th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012), Kristo (12th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012)

26. Link to Post #156
    Deactivated
    Thanks

'tasty' cheese only!

too right! there are some appalling cheeses out there. Who *do* they think they are? *rolls eyes* Upstart cheese...

and congrats, starchild111.
    Last edited by songsfortheotherkind; 12th March 2012 at 05:11.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Mike (12th March 2012), Sidney (12th March 2012)

28. Link to Post #157
    Borden

Hi songsfortheotherkind,

I find your approach interesting, and I'm not disagreeing with you, but ...

First, I am not interested in ganging up, shouting people down, all that sort of thing. I agree about useful discussion and evolution of ideas through it, and I understand the point that sometimes it is better to disagree and move on. However, I honestly believe there is sometimes value in stating an opinion even in the face of stony opposition. My reasoning is that our peers and what they think is a valuable part of our own process. I want to know what certain members think about a certain subject. Greater mutual understanding and co-creativity may not always come in a friendly package. No, the messenger should not be shot, but perhaps the messenger should occasionally be asked the question, "what is it with you and these stupid messages?"

To be fair, I don't have the energy either to really bang on about David Wilcock. I've been reading the thread and have found it interesting, but only chimed in recently on a particular aspect. The thread title appeals, because it says 'take a look' ... it doesn't say 'tear apart'. We could tear people apart instead of taking a look, but what would be the point? It only bolsters the defenses of those with an emotional investment.

An unusual character I once knew who was a martial arts expert and sometimes did some work for the police force told me that whenever they'd had to chase or fight a suspect, and captured him (Ha, another Withnail quote: "Get in the back of the van!!!"), if they ever asked him what he was thinking or why he did it, etc - the answer would almost invariably be "What?" As I vaguely understand it this is because the fight or flight response makes the body prioritize its energy, and hearing is surplus to requirements in those moments.

There's a time and a place for tearing apart too, I suppose. Not here though. There are some opinions I have about Wilcock that his devotees would dislike, but they're only a part of my whole opinion, and he clearly does have some interesting things to say.

Borden

p.s. personally I find 9eagle9's 'broken record' to often be the sort that's constructive. That's what I mean about the views of our peers. But I find both your comments interesting, and don't want any fights in the pub!

p.p.s remind me never to play darts with you.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Borden For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012), Mike (12th March 2012), onawah (12th March 2012), Sidney (12th March 2012), songsfortheotherkind (12th March 2012)

30. Link to Post #158
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Hi songsfortheotherkind,

I find your approach interesting, and I'm not disagreeing with you, but ...
    *laughing, pointing to the 'but'* AND you're about to disagree with me? Awesome! *more laughing*

Quote First, I am not interested in ganging up, shouting people down, all that sort of thing. I agree about useful discussion and evolution of ideas through it, and I understand the point that sometimes it is better to disagree and move on. However, I honestly believe there is sometimes value in stating an opinion even in the face of stony opposition.
    I would not still be roaming the face of this planet if I didn't believe this was valuable. All joking aside, I have had to battle expressions of the mind virus that have been able to leave physical scars and damage on me from within the ether realms. I've woken up with snake bites, bullet hole scars, bruises, cuts, bite marks where the teeth have been clearly outlined and a bite that indicated what bit me was really really big. So mmm, I'm used to being a band of One.

Quote My reasoning is that our peers and what they think is a valuable part of our own process. I want to know what certain members think about a certain subject. Greater mutual understanding and co-creativity may not always come in a friendly package.
    I'm totally, absolutely fine with packages that come with prickly wrapping- in another part of my life I'm rather Goth, so prickly is utterly fine- what I'm not thrilled with is the tendency to globalisation that goes on with Beings who claim to know better, who espouse that *they* know how asleep the 'sheeple' are, that *they* have a handle on What Needs To Be Done. Umm. Mmm. Narp. (brief but pleasurable Hot Fuzz moment). I have expressed my view of what lurks beneath the exterior of 'globalisation' as a way of thinking and there's no way that I have been able to discover to make it work. It simply reseeds crap thinking whenever it's employed.*That* is what I get fangy about: if I didn't enjoy and embrace different perspectives, I would come here. So it's not the difference in perspective that causes the claws to unsheath, it's what is being done in the moment with that perspective. Individuals die every day because some other individual believes that their opinion is more right, appropriate, 'true' or relevant than that of the first. I just can't move that way of thinking to a place where the seeds of these behaviours are not present. I'm open to someone trying to present them in such a way as to obviate the presence of crap and destructive seeds *and* I'm going to employ some pretty hardcore hacker skills on their information and thinking/belief processes. Again, it's how I am and if I'm going to get into a discussion that's what's going to be present.

Is that confrontive? Possibly. We're experiencing a fairly insidious manifesting of mind f*ck on this planet- doesn't it behoove us to be vigorous in weeding it out? That's how I think anyway- *swishes sword through the air*- I'm not one to be patient with mind virus crap, as far as I'm concerned it's gone on long enough, time to dissolve the miasm that supports it and move into healthier realms.

Quote No, the messenger should not be shot, but perhaps the messenger should occasionally be asked the question, "what is it with you and these stupid messages?"
    *laughing* I thought that's what I was doing...

Quote To be fair, I don't have the energy either to really bang on about David Wilcock. I've been reading the thread and have found it interesting, but only chimed in recently on a particular aspect. The thread title appeals, because it says 'take a look' ... it doesn't say 'tear apart'. We could tear people apart instead of taking a look, but what would be the point? It only bolsters the defenses of those with an emotional investment.
    Yes, it was in response to my observation of 'tear apart' instead of 'take a look' that got me involved too, because that's all mind virus inspired behaviour as far as I've been able to discern.

Quote An unusual character I once knew who was a martial arts expert and sometimes did some work for the police force told me that whenever they'd had to chase or fight a suspect, and captured him (Ha, another Withnail quote: "Get in the back of the van!!!"), if they ever asked him what he was thinking or why he did it, etc - the answer would almost invariably be "What?" As I vaguely understand it this is because the fight or flight response makes the body prioritize its energy, and hearing is surplus to requirements in those moments.
    *nodding* total agreement there, which is why I find creating that condition quite counter productive.

Quote There's a time and a place for tearing apart too, I suppose. Not here though.
    Now I'm curious- where would you consider that to be appropriate? In what context, or around what?

Quote There are some opinions I have about Wilcock that his devotees would dislike, but they're only a part of my whole opinion, and he clearly does have some interesting things to say.
    Personally, as long as you weren't making them as Pronouncement of Authority From on High, I don't think sharing your perspective would be problematic at all, but I can see how you would conclude that. I'm not a devotee of any Being *and* I"m aware of the intensity with which some people approach their experience around such things.

Quote p.s. personally I find 9eagle9's 'broken record' to often be the sort that's constructive. That's what I mean about the views of our peers.
    I have yet to experience that personally and I have no doubt that you have experienced otherwise- horses for courses. :D

Quote and don't want any fights in the pub!
    can't promise that at *all*, because don't you know how amusing and cathartic pub brawls can be? As long as all the Jedis have left their lightsabres behind the bar- those guys can really bring the tone of a good pub brawl down, one severed limb and the fun really leaves the building...

Quote p.p.s remind me never to play darts with you.
    Hey, if I *hit* you with a dart, it's not going to be accidental, and we don't have to be playing together for me to hit you with a dart.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

32. Link to Post #159
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I think this is a very important post, Sebastasoul.

I have come to the conclusion that anyone - and I mean anyone - that offers me the viewpoint that the Global Rulers/Dark Cabal is wounded, on the run, in retreat, (or worst of all) "already defeated...it's just a matter of time" is so full of organic fertilizer that their eyes are brown.

Here in the wool factory known as the United States, I would guess that 70% or more are utterly and totally clueless that they have even been 'gamed' by banksters! This isn't esoteric information, or a deep black-op secret that I'm talking about, it has been laid out for all to see - even in the mainstraem media! So if 70% don't even know that debt money is a scam, that artificial inflationary and deflationary cycles to create booms and busts and consolidate wealth is a scam, that quasi-monetary "instruments" like derivatives is a scam and had the full support of the US Congress, and that 98% of all US Congresspersons are "on the take" from banksters... if the vast majority of my fellow citizens cannot even catch on to the most obvious and fully exposed scams, what are the odds that they are aware there is even a group of top-of-the-pyramid Global Controllers - controlling much of our lives? I'd say zero percent chance. Most of these people think the financial problems were caused by poor people lying on mortgage credit applications. I'm not kidding you!

Take that one more level, look at the 30% that have at least some awareness that there are bad guys in corporate and banking boardrooms, and try to find the percentage of people that know that there is a tier beyond those boardrooms, a tier of Global Controllers. From that small percentage, what percentage have ever even heard of MKULTRA? Out of that teeny tiny percentage, (some of whom visit 'alternative media' websites, like Avalon) how many might even entertain the notion that David Wilcock could be the unwitting mouthpiece for the Global Rulers? I'd guess the percentage is very, very low.

I like your hypothesis. If David is not outright controlled, I believe that he is sincere but naive, feels a bit like Batman's sidekick Robin (in that "insiders" tell him all about the batcave), and is an easy target for a fun blend of info and disinfo. The mountains of gold story, the Federal Reserve bonds, the implications of imminent arrests and equitable distribution of money... at what point does it start to smell like the NWO getting the "aware" crowd to stand down, and to emotionally prepare for a One World currency delivered by the "White Hats"?

Dennis
    He's primarily a businessman with secondary dulusions of grandeur, mixed within all that is some kind of personal emotive drive that sometimes produces moments of clarity. There is a prevailing theme of the 'other' which is beyond the scope of the everyday and it is within this that he plies his trade. I sometimes browse him as he triggers ideas and it is good shorthand to take a bearing of the prevailing wind.

Peace

K
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K626 For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012)

34. Link to Post #160
    Borden

My broad response to your post, songsfortheotherkind, is ... yarp.

The tearing apart question is a tricky one. I'd rather not cite instances because the dredging up of old hassles would not be productive here. I think that there are certain behaviours where a victim is involved that may need someone to step in and do a little tearing apart. Certainly not over a harmless belief or assertion though.

I do agree about the insidious mind-f**k on this planet, but I have mixed feelings about weeding it out. It's not my job. Unless it becomes my interest. I realized long ago that it doesn't matter what I think, what I've figured out, what I feel ... another person will only be affected by it if they're heading in the vague direction of that particular idea already. The same applies to me - I'm not being arrogant. I don't have all the answers, obviously - I just mean those specific areas I feel I've engaged and know something about. Quite honestly, I find a level of stupidity and acceptance in this world that angers me. The treatment of animals for instance is something that makes me sometimes think that the human race deserves everything it gets from the dark powers that enslave it. Everyone's got a heart and a brain the same as me ... why can't they figure it out? (Is it because I'm a Nordic Jedi? Shhh!)

As for David Wilcock (frantically attempting to get back on topic) ... it's quite recent events that have informed my opinion. As I said, he has some very interesting things to say. That doesn't make him completely reliable in my eyes, or even completely honest - but it does mean I won't dismiss him on the basis of a conflict in my views. After all, anyone who Graham Hancock will sit and chat with on film has to be okay.

Borden

p.s. I will wear a storm-troopers helmet when in the pub with you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 8 10 LastLast