Thread: Maybe time to take a serious look at David Wilcock

1. Link to Post #161
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,613 times in 1,368 posts

Default Re: Maybe time to take a serious look at David Wilcock

I will answer you at a time that is not disgusting o'clock *and*-

Quote Posted by Borden (here)
    p.s. I will wear a storm-troopers helmet when in the pub with you.
    *grins at you in appreciation* I like your style- plus it's a geek fetish thing. *laughing*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

3. Link to Post #162
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Because David isn't the warrior he bragged to be doesn't have much to do with his work or if it's faulty. That's already been established. It has more to do with 'if David is so convinced of his theories,why doesn't he follow his own advice." David Wilcocks the self proclaimed expert on psy ops doesn't know how to cope with a psy ops directed at him?

More so why would his fans expect us to follow his own advice, when he doesn't follow it? for that matter why don't his fans and devotees follow his advice yet there is a portion of the forum that should be exeptcted to when the author himself and his fans don't.

This may leave a inkling of deserved suspiscion that perhaps David doesn't think his advice is very good either, if he doesn't feel compelled to follow it.

4. Link to Post #163
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,012 times in 2,209 posts

David takes a 'serious look' at the Pineal Gland....

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

alxz (12th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012), JRS (11th July 2013)

6. Link to Post #164
    Thanks

Is it a serious look at pineal glands in general or do we take the risk of viewing a long dissertation about how wonderful David's pineal gland is?

Does it mention anything about how you don't need a pineal gland to access one's higher intellgience?

Or perhaps explore the notion that we accept the fact we all have pineal glands based on someone else's authority mostly the already corrupt medical community. The same way we accepted that all of us have a reptilian brain? How would we know. Did we cut our heads open to find out?

7. Link to Post #165
    Borden

The clip jaybee posted just made me warm to him a bit. Not sure whether I should be worried now!

I think I like him a lot better talking about this sort of thing than global financial scams and threats on his life.

Borden

8. Link to Post #166
    Thanks

I like him a lot better when his hand is over his mouth rather than having his foot inserted there.

9. Link to Post #167
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

It's all well and good having a nice talk about the pineal gland, but what does it achieve.
    blah blah blah.
    I think the chinese call it sifu syndrome, you know when all the energy gets trapped in your head.
    Bit of a distraction, if you ask me.
    Yawn.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jimbojp For This Post:

Michelle Marie (23rd February 2018)

11. Link to Post #168
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,469 times in 5,705 posts

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    Because David isn't the warrior he bragged to be doesn't have much to do with his work or if it's faulty. That's already been established. It has more to do with 'if David is so convinced of his theories,why doesn't he follow his own advice." David Wilcocks the self proclaimed expert on psy ops doesn't know how to cope with a psy ops directed at him?

More so why would his fans expect us to follow his own advice, when he doesn't follow it? for that matter why don't his fans and devotees follow his advice yet there is a portion of the forum that should be exeptcted to when the author himself and his fans don't.

This may leave a inkling of deserved suspiscion that perhaps David doesn't think his advice is very good either, if he doesn't feel compelled to follow it.

it's a valid point, but it doesn't mean the advice isn't good, neccesarily. some advice is more easily followed than others...i.e.my mother is a smoker and has frequently urged me to never take up the habit, but she continues to smoke.

i can understand the criticism here up to a point, as recent events have not helped the man's credibility. but before we start throwing stones, we should all probably remind ourselves that we have no idea what enduring a psy ops attack is like. assuming this is all true, go ahead and combine that with death threats from the most powerful organization on earth, and i don't think there's a single one of us here that wouldn't be wimpering like a child.

i am neither a supporter nor detractor of Wilcock. open discussion of the man's credibility is reasonable and encouraged, but if i'm going to hold anything against him it's going to be repeated faulty predictions and irresponsible letting out of unconfirmed reports from dubious 'sources', not his commercial appeal or his emotional outburst. he's off the hook in those areas, in my book anyway.
    Last edited by Mike; 12th March 2012 at 16:41.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (13th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012), foreverfan (12th March 2012), MHRD (13th March 2012), Michelle Marie (23rd February 2018), PurpleLama (12th March 2012), songsfortheotherkind (17th March 2012)

13. Link to Post #169
    Thanks

Thus why people intiate in these discussions they aren't supposed to. To find out if the information is good.I don't have any problems with his advice on psy ops and auto hypnosis. At least not the sorts of problems the author has experienced with him. Thus my stance he should follow his own advice.

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)

it's a valid point, but it doesn't mean the advice isn't good, neccesarily. some advice is more easily followed than others...i.e.my mother is a smoker and has frequently urged me to never take up the habit, but she continues to smoke.

i can understand the criticism here up to a point, as recent events have not helped the man's credibility. but before we start throwing stones, we should all probably remind ourselves that we have no idea what enduring a psy ops attack is like. assuming this is all true, go ahead and combine that with death threats from the most powerful organization on earth, and i don't think there's a single one of us here that wouldn't be wimpering like a child.

i am neither a supporter nor detractor of Wilcock. open discussion of the man's credibility is reasonable and encouraged, but if i'm going to hold anything against him it's going to be repeated faulty predictions and irresponsible letting out of unconfirmed reports from dubious 'sources', not his commercial appeal or his emotional outburst. he's off the hook in those areas, in my book anyway.

14. Link to Post #170
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

I was going to try and take a look at my pineal gland, but it's in the middle of my brain and it's only the size of a walnut.

So I grabbed my cordless drill and put a one inch auger bit in it and held it up to my head, and then changed my mind.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Michelle Marie (23rd February 2018), Sebastion (12th March 2012)

16. Link to Post #171
    United States Avalon Member foreverfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 times in 528 posts

So much of this thread has gone to crap.

Last edited by foreverfan; 12th March 2012 at 23:31.

17. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

Dummy. you're supposed to use a sharpened stick

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    I was going to try and take a look at my pineal gland, but it's in the middle of my brain and it's only the size of a walnut.

So I grabbed my cordless drill and put a one inch auger bit in it and held it up to my head, and then changed my mind.

18. Link to Post #173
    Thanks

Raises hand.

I have question what is a thread supposed to do? After the first few pages of heated posts an equally heated rebuttals out as about information as can be exhanged has been? Is it required that thread 'be' something. Become something and when it doesn't its some sort of **** or failure? Most threads in here don't ever become anything more than archives.
    What would that be ? Why does it have to 'be' anything --**** or otherwise. What defines a goes to **** thread? Is it lack of agreement, lack of disagreement, disagreement in general or lack of interest ?Is it allowed to die a dignified death, or is it serving some sort of purpose. What about threads that are full of truth and facts and someone shouts them down because those facts didn't make them feel good? what are those callled?

What is the purpose of the thread? Like will we file a summary and a report. Is it official , or legal and can used as evidence in a lawful court against any miscreants? Is it a standard we must live our life by? If it goes to **** or dies a quiet death or become a means of entertainment should we be concerned? Which one should it be? We don't know the function of the thread serves exactly why does it matter if it goes to ****?

What does that mean exactly. That a consensus and agreement hasn't been met over the thread topic?. Is one necessary?

That would interesting if pounded a topic to death, make an agreement from it and the laid it rest. And then the subject couldnt' be brought up again unless some one made a motion stating they had new information concering a topic that could breath new life into the dead thread file. I particularly like this idea for egotistical self serving reasons so I'm not reading 'new' spiritual concepts that I was readiing about 15 years ago, 'new conspiracy theories that have been around for 50 years. and 'news' that I was reading about 5 years ago. I am also egotisically put off by people who discovered chakras yesterday and is trying to show that a topic of that nature is the answer to our probems and its not really. No more than it was 5000 years ago.

Making a comparsion between the discovery of a pineal and the discovery of one's penis typically ends up with the same result.

19. Link to Post #174
    Australia Avalon Member Explodey's Avatar
    Thanks

Indeed.

I really like what David says... but his MASSIVE EGO gets in the way... (along with some repetitive commercial referencing).

If he's right - I look forward to stepping through my backyard stargate with my Daddy from Atlantis...

x
    There's so many things to think about, can't think of anything I'd rather think of now...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Explodey For This Post:

dan i el (17th March 2012), Sebastion (13th March 2012)

21. Link to Post #175
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Not quite sure what this post has to do with mine you quote. Confusing spirituality with beliefs is not something I go in for. Neither am I suggesting that spirituality should be the focus of this forum. You can talk about whatever you like including the weather, but you do so either taking or not taking the spiritual angle into account. That's all I was saying.

As noted elsewhere Avalon isn't JUST a temple for conscious work shopping, spirituality or a religious temple. There is no prohibition in the guidelines that say 'leave your ego at the door'.

Is it it a requirement for people to be spiritual to discuss anything in here? With 5000 belief systems and everyone thinking theirs is the most important, its very impossible for each member to toe the line and not offend or challenge that many belief systems in play. Chances are someone's ego is going to be stepped on. How well one manages themselves reveals how well their checking their ego. No one is required to check their ego, they just have to make sure their ego remains with the realms of a certain standard of conduct. That includes squealing that one is hurt because their idol was scrutinized.

People confuse spirituality with belief. Because someone invests their utter faith and ourtight devotion to David doens't automatically make them spiritual. That's coat tail spirituality. Then they have an opportunity to squawk and moan when someeone observes that he has obviated discrepancies between what he talks and what he walks. Your belief in him does not make him above reproach. The devotees feel they are being criticized when its actually David who is being scrutinized here. No one is critiquing his fan base and if his fans are taking it personally they have to follow their own advice and manage their ego.

This is how deceptions are kept in place by devotees.

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    As a forum of, let’s just say, spiritually minded folks, Avalon should be trying to get above ego-filled bitchiness and involuntarily judgmental amateur diagnoses (eg the Asperger’s label).

If we just take a compassionate view of everyone – everyone – we tend towards understanding people as well as what is to be taken from their message. The abuser is usually someone who has been abused, and even the worst abuser needs to be treated as a human with issues (granted, possibly too big for us to handle alone) rather than some inhuman monster.

If we cannot show humanity to our fellow earthling humans, then we are not ready to be mixing with Martians, still less with Greys. They too must be shown humanity, or if the word seems too restrictive, compassion. The ‘ET threat’ is largely of our own making because we fail to see this.

Regarding those who would separate the wheat and the chaff, they seem to have got the wrong end of the stick. To the contrary, the biblical parable of the wheat and the tares makes it quite clear that such attempts at weeding out would kill the wheat crop. Babies and bathwater come to mind

22. Link to Post #176
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by waves (here)

9. I frankly don't know what to think about David's extreme ad nauseum self-congratulatory egotism. Would it fit that it could be an insecure alter sort of proud of/congratulating the smart alter in him?...and that's how he can do it so unabashedly egomanaically? And was the Cayce part some software yahoo in psy-ops thinking "hey.. I got it!... the new age crowd will really buy this.."? It may even be child's play to have produced a baby with facial features for this future purpose. Or I'm just sick and tired of his ego.

10. His 50-song debut album went nowhere and things sure got quiet about the movie Convergence. Now he's got how many? $10k or more investors who bought into the glowing sales pitch promoting a far-more-generous-than-average payback 3 years ago adding up to maybe $500,000 waiting for some return. I remember reading that at the new screenwriter's suggestion, the movie premise was changed to the aftermath of the Dec. 21, 2012 'ascension' rather than the before evidence, and now we're going to know what happens after Dec. 21 sooner than any predictive movie gets finished. And what happened to the 1st round of $250?k besides the 2nd round of $250?k supposedly raised just for the screenwriter?

Do you know if any of David's investors are on this forum? Thank you.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Soda For This Post:

bluestflame (23rd February 2018)

24. Link to Post #177
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Quote Posted by Weezer (here)
    .......10. His 50-song debut album went nowhere and things sure got quiet about the movie Convergence. Now he's got how many? $10k or more investors who bought into the glowing sales pitch promoting a far-more-generous-than-average payback 3 years ago adding up to maybe $500,000 waiting for some return. I remember reading that at the new screenwriter's suggestion, the movie premise was changed to the aftermath of the Dec. 21, 2012 'ascension' rather than the before evidence, and now we're going to know what happens after Dec. 21 sooner than any predictive movie gets finished. And what happened to the 1st round of $250?k besides the 2nd round of $250?k supposedly raised just for the screenwriter?
    No one here has acknowledged being one of the investors that I've noticed. I'd sure like to hear what the story they're being told is now. It's long past the delivery date of all the dazzling projections used to entice interest.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2013), bluestflame (23rd February 2018), geofffxdwg (31st March 2018), Soda (14th July 2013)

26. Link to Post #178
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Weezer (here)
    .......10. His 50-song debut album went nowhere and things sure got quiet about the movie Convergence. Now he's got how many? $10k or more investors who bought into the glowing sales pitch promoting a far-more-generous-than-average payback 3 years ago adding up to maybe $500,000 waiting for some return. I remember reading that at the new screenwriter's suggestion, the movie premise was changed to the aftermath of the Dec. 21, 2012 'ascension' rather than the before evidence, and now we're going to know what happens after Dec. 21 sooner than any predictive movie gets finished. And what happened to the 1st round of $250?k besides the 2nd round of $250?k supposedly raised just for the screenwriter?
    No one here has acknowledged being one of the investors that I've noticed. I'd sure like to hear what the story they're being told is now. It's long past the delivery date of all the dazzling projections used to entice interest.
    Thank you for responding. I am one of David's investors. There is no "story" being told at all. There has been no contact for three years. I have tried to reach him several times. It was promised to us that he would provide regular updates on the project. But so far, I have gotten nothing even close to what was agreed to in writing. I was wondering if maybe it was just "me" that hadn't heard back from David since I wired the funds, or if other investors had been successful at reaching him. At this point I have let go of any attachment to the money. It's gone as far as I am concerned. I made a bad decision and have to live with it. Was just curious if anyone else had any information. Thanks again.

27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Soda For This Post:

Another1 (14th July 2013), araucaria (15th July 2013), Bill Ryan (14th July 2013), bluestflame (23rd February 2018), Chester (14th April 2016), gripreaper (2nd March 2015), johnf (14th July 2013), Nickolai (14th July 2013), Ria (14th July 2013), RunningDeer (1st March 2015), Sierra (27th July 2013), Sophocles (27th July 2013)

28. Link to Post #179
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

Excellent writing by Waves. The initial thrust of this thread is excellent. Many thanks to Waves for the time and effort put forth.

29. Link to Post #180
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

When it comes to david Wilcock and his speak I consider it leaverite, I do not even find him entertaining. The things he preaches are not deep and enlightening, they are confused and are like following rabbit trails, bafflegab at best, IMHO.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzy For This Post:

bluestflame (23rd February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 9 10 LastLast