+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CURSE OF THE BLACK GOLD : what's really happening in the Niger Delta

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Default CURSE OF THE BLACK GOLD : what's really happening in the Niger Delta

------------

Hi, All:

I featured Ed Kashi's powerful short film CURSE OF THE BLACK GOLD in my recent video presentation. His film is about the unseen 40-year old oil catastrophe in Nigeria.

The film, which I added on to the end of my own video with permission, starts at 16:27 and lasts for 8 minutes. You must see this if you've not yet done so.

I'm now honored to be in direct touch with Ed. Here is a 30 minute audio interview I've just done with him:

http://projectavalon.net/Ed_Kashi_Bi..._July_2010.mp3

Here are two sites to check out: He's a remarkable man. Enjoy this very high quality visual work.

http://edkashi.com

http://curseoftheblackgoldbook.com

---------------------------------
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 24th July 2010 at 21:49.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

58andfixed (15th February 2011), alrik35 (17th February 2011), Bob (7th September 2013), Limor Wolf (7th September 2013), peter67 (20th February 2011), vano915 (17th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default CURSE OF THE BLACK GOLD : what's really happening in the Niger Delta

-------------------

More images from Ed Kashi's film:

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 22nd July 2010 at 13:31.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

58andfixed (15th February 2011), alrik35 (17th February 2011), budicca (13th February 2014), ketikoti (30th April 2011), Limor Wolf (7th September 2013), moonchild (11th February 2011), peter67 (20th February 2011), vano915 (17th July 2015), Wacko in pajamas (20th February 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: CURSE OF THE BLACK GOLD : what's really happening in the Niger Delta

Wow, those photos are quite sobering. Thanks for continuing to bring attention to this. I'm definitely going to watch this when I get home this evening.

It's a shame that such a monumental disaster goes largely unnoticed; I haven't even heard of it until your recent thread.

It comes as no surprise though. Even many people here in the states are brushing off the Gulf oil disaster as a minor incident that they need not concern themselves with. Unfortunately people don't seem to care until disaster beats down their front door and makes itself at home.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Freedom's Avatar
    2nd star to the right and straight on till morning
    Thanks

Default Re: CURSE OF THE BLACK GOLD : what's really happening in the Niger Delta

What a crying shame....thanks for bringing this to us...for I was totally unaware...and I see now that you mentioned it that as of yesterday MSN news tells of one of these spills now in China...it now appears this will be the new plague of the times...could be our downfall....what is it that we can do individually to help in some way? Bombard our elected officals with emails....calls and letters? Stop purchasing gas from said oil companies? Pray...send love.....light....wishes of enlightment to all...in hopes of raising the consciouness level to a higher vibration and rid us of this evil plight? Thank You Bill for opening my eyes even more.
    Namaste......Freedom

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

a learning experience, indeed.
    ed's film is powerful, extremely enlightening and instructive.
    when corrupted government colludes with big business, the citizenry suffer.
    'a hungry man is an angry man.'
    thanks, bill.

8. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,947 times in 660 posts

Hello Bill

Once again many thanks for the enlightenment, I imagine like many others I had no idea of this terrible disaster for the citizens of the Niger Delta. It seems even though I gather my news online through world news organizations, we are never told the full story.

Ed’s film is really a graphic tragedy of immense proportions and we can only pray for the day when these companies so full of avarice are brought to their knees. Perhaps it’s the time to pose the question: do we really need crude oil and the products thereof to sustain life as we know it? It might just be that we should reconsider ‘life’ as a whole and return to a simpler more caring and sharing society. JP

9. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Bill, Thank you very much for share this reality in the Delta Niger whit us. I had never heard of this environmental disaster in Africa before. You're doing a wonderful job. Make me aware about this matter. Congratulations, Monique.
    Last edited by monique; 23rd July 2010 at 01:18. Reason: sufferable English

10. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

----------------

Hi, All:

My 30 minute audio interview with Ed Kashi is now available here - recorded today.

I think it's a good one: essential listening for anyone who cares about how we continue to systematically trash Planet Earth.

Do visit Ed's sites for some powerful and graphic photographs:

http://edkashi.com
    http://curseoftheblackgoldbook.com

11. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Thanks, Bill. You certainly don't see this on the local news.

I pity these people that their greed and lust for money can allow them to do such damage. To allow their fellow man to suffer as they do. To watch the earth that sustains them go to hell in a handbasket.
    In the most profound way they must be poverty stricken indeed.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

12. Link to Post #10
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Excellent interview.
    It's about time to shift the thought habits from "them" to "us".
    This is not happening to "them over there".
    It's happening to US, wherever we are.

Well spoken, you can feel his passion.

Keep fighting the good fight, Ed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CuppaJoe For This Post:

vano915 (17th July 2015)

14. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CuppaJoe (here)
    It's happening to US, wherever we are.
    EXACTLY.

(Welcome to the forum, CJ!)

15. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member PINEAL-PILOT-IN MERKABAH's Avatar
    Thanks

just listened to the nterview, good stuff, he could be useful in bridgeing the gap between the "alternative media" and trhe main stream with regards to the free energy movement. he mentioned nuclear , wind and solar power which is all the general public seem to think we have as an alternative.Wouldnt it be a good time as any to get the information out on hydrogen(water cars) and magnetic motor devices like john searls, even if we jsut get hte general population talking about this stuff and thinking about it thats a good start.

16. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Thank you bill,this needs to be spread out big time all over,bill is there a way you can do a video interview with him at all?That would be awesome to put on the youtubes facebooks and the likes.

17. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

----------------

To CNN's credit, the situation in the Niger Delta was reported here today:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video...iref=allsearch

18. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Just watched it bill tks,i wish there a way to share that video i didnt find an option in there to do so?

19. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

HELLO BILL... bill i was browsing david ickes website....headlines,,it seems the media is still giving matt simmons credibility on the gulf leak...its a quick video might wanna have alook at it..also i would sincerely like to here your opinion on this vid,what baffles me there is no info regarding this latest video on the oil drum sight,might be worth having a peak at....love light and abundance ....thirdeye....

20. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arpheus (here)
    Just watched it bill tks,i wish there a way to share that video i didnt find an option in there to do so?
    Hi there - just send your friends the link!

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video...iref=allsearch

(Click on it to open it, and then copy it to get the whole thing....)

21. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by THIRDEYE (here)
    HELLO BILL... bill i was browsing david ickes website....headlines,,it seems the media is still giving matt simmons credibility on the gulf leak...its a quick video might wanna have alook at it..also i would sincerely like to here your opinion on this vid,what baffles me there is no info regarding this latest video on the oil drum sight,might be worth having a peak at....love light and abundance ....thirdeye....
    Happy to comment, but I can't see the video you were referencing on David's site.

For the moment, I can offer my fairly well-informed opinion that Matt Simmons is certainly wrong, as I wrote on 20 July on the Project Avalon blog.

http://projectavalon.net

By now you will have seen reliable reports that much of the oil in the Gulf is no longer visible. Although Corexit (the dispersant) has done 'taken care' of a lot of that (out of sight, out of mind, and also [probably] allowing BP to escape much heavier financial penalties), this also looks like confirmation that the wild well has indeed been capped and there is no "open hole" anywhere else.

22. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

------------
    My audio interview with photojournalist and film maker Ed Kashi has been converted into a YouTube video (with a running slideshow of graphic images):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C8i2SdYxaBk

The original MP3 is here:

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Brodie75 (21st February 2011)

24. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Sorry i can't bring the full story but is in "guardian.co.uk, Sunday 22 August 2010 18.36 BST"
    Monique.

Outrage at UN decision to exonerate Shell for oil pollution in Niger delta
    • Oil giant blamed for 10% of 9m barrels leaked in 40 years
    • Report claims rest of leaking oil caused by saboteurs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast