+ Reply to Thread

Thread: John of God

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,936 times in 4,194 posts

Default John of God

I don't know anyone who has received a healing from John of God, but there is certainly no lack of testimonials, documentaries and witnesses of the work that he has been doing for many years.

This is the most recent documentary about John of God that I could find, though there have been quite a few over the years.

Here's a link for the trailer for an award winning documentary
    http://www.healing-themovie.com/
    There's a trailer for the documentary at

and the bio from the documentary site:
    Quote John of God

Joćo Teixeira de Faria – John of God – is acknowledged to be one of the most powerful trance-medium spiritual healers in the world. He serves as a channel for over 30 light-spirit entities who incorporate his physical body to heal people who come to the Casa de Dom Inįcio de Loyola centre in Abadiānia, Brazil. Healing captures some of their remarkable stories on film and explores inexplicable but well-documented instances of miraculous intervention that have taken place here.

John of God

But what is the story behind the charismatic medium who works with spirit entities in miraculous healings, defying any conventional explanation? How did an obscure, virtually illiterate man living in the centre of Brazil become the hope and refuge of so many seeking health and guidance?

Born into a poor family, Joćo’s very basic education was cut short due to his rebellious nature as a child. At 16 he left home to become an apprentice tailor, but soon found himself unemployed, penniless and starving. On the verge of despair, he was granted a vision of Saint Rita of Cassia, who directed him to a nearby Spiritist centre. Arriving there, he discovered that his coming was expected, but in his weakened state lost consciousness. Upon awakening several hours later, Joćo was amazed to be told that he had been in a mediumistic trance, allowing the spirit of King Solomon to carry out healing through his physical body.

From that day his path was clear. Surrendering himself to God and opening his mind to the miraculous transformation that had taken place, Joćo became a conduit for a host of benevolent ‘entities’ devoted to helping humanity.

Guided by the spirit of the great Spanish theologian St. Ignatius de Loyola, also known as Dom Inacio or St. Ignacio, Joćo established his healing centre in the village of Abadiānia, chosen for its unique location above a powerful geological crystal formation. So remarkable has been the work carried out here that over the years the centre has attracted millions of people from all over the world. Although thousands might arrive in a single day, no-one, believer or sceptic, is ever turned away. Joćo has dedicated his life to this service, and does not ask for payment for the healing.

Joćo is now known throughout the world as John of God (Joćo de Deus), a title given to him by those who recognize his status as a person touched by a higher power. He himself denies that he has any healing abilities, stating that God alone can heal and that the light entities work through him to cure the cause of people’s afflictions. When Joćo’s body is incorporated he maintains that he has no knowledge or recollection of the work that is being performed through him during the sessions.

Essentially he remains an uncomplicated person, still defined by his humble origins but driven by a sense of mission. After more than five decades of unflinching service and countless successful outcomes, few would doubt that Joćo Teixeira de Faria truly deserves to be called John of God.
    "It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
    ~ Anais Nin ~

"When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself." Unknown

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Carmen (7th March 2012), Chinaski (7th March 2012), christian (8th March 2012), DeDukshyn (7th March 2012), frances (7th March 2012), Lisab (7th March 2012), markpierre (7th March 2012), meeradas (7th March 2012), Samsara (7th March 2012), Swanette (7th March 2012), WhiteFeather (7th March 2012), Zampano (7th March 2012), Zebra (7th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: John of God

This post is deleted, not relevant for the discussion.
    Last edited by ivaray; 8th March 2012 at 12:30. Reason: Deleted, not relevant

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ivaray For This Post:

Chinaski (7th March 2012), frances (7th March 2012), markpierre (7th March 2012), meeradas (7th March 2012), MessiahMews (17th May 2012), modwiz (7th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,091 times in 1,477 posts

Thank you Onawah, I was hoping someone would post about this amazing man.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

DeDukshyn (7th March 2012), frances (7th March 2012), meeradas (7th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,419 times in 1,312 posts

Thanks for that Onawah. It's a fascinating subject.

Years ago he was a bit of a rage around the people I knew, and I knew a few that had gone to see him. I can't share any anecdotes, but I didn't hear any bad stories. There's a centre near here that I keep meeting people from. I get an urge to go feel it once in a while.

Maybe 14 years ago, I had the chance to be an assistant to Rubens Farias / Dr Fritz. It was this big warehouse full of tables. He was traveling and it was a coordinated event.
    Rubens is a nice guy, Fritz is a trip. This gruff insistent German guy, who's really kind and funny at the same time. You never knew how to take him. He'd say things like "hey if you want to help you can pray" in a tone that made you feel like hiding somewhere. Then he'd give you a nod to let you know when you were back from hiding. It was cool.

If he didn't have a scalpel he'd grab anything and dig a cataract out of someones eye. No anesthetic, no pain, no infections. I watched him remove a tumor from under the armpit of a friend of mine. He's cutting and digging away, and she's laying there smiling at me.
    It's really fun stuff.
    He fixed a chronic back problem for me that was acting up by driving a paint can opener into my spine with a adjustable wrench. Right through the skin into the spine. What a weird feeling. He said he was sending energy into the spine. That's all he said.

Beats me. It was gone and never came back.

John works with a whole bunch of different healers doesn't he? The ones I met were almost like a healers guild. They were continually working on more direct ways to get into our circuitry.
    It's like the only thing they can't bridge is our belief in death. It really controls more than we know.

Only guys who really want to be healed go to guys like John Of God or Rubens. Kind of not surprising how many of them get their healing.

We worked on a new modality project a few years ago, devised by Spirit healers. One of them was Harry Edwards, who I didn't know much about until long after. He was another strange one.

Cheers
    Last edited by markpierre; 7th March 2012 at 07:59.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

Carmen (7th March 2012), frances (7th March 2012), meeradas (7th March 2012), onawah (7th March 2012), Zebra (7th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,039 times in 3,786 posts

Most healers if they manage to stay out of the bull**** and chakra flogging (which is few) begin to intiate usually inadvertently , the act of of transcending the limitiations of flesh. Accidentally sinking ones own physicality into flesh. Which is freaky when it happens, startling to say the least and may prevent them from going there again. It is a place where if you manage to stay out of the constructs concerning healing, many people arrive. Not impossible just rare because most healing is formed around modalities with conditions and limitations. When you get out of that limited place, things like this occur.

There's a word for it ..going to have to look it up its been ten years since I last had cause to reference. Transsubsubation? Something like that ....where the healers hand pass right through the body or whatever the healer is holding. People who can put their hands through stone is another example of this. Long time ago this ability to pass one's hands into stone was used to mine with. How crystals were orginally mined, without ripping and tearing from the earth. More mundane function. It's not a impossible manifestation its so many get tied up in limiting themselves that its not expressed very often.

I do know a field is created and its intially not created with conscious (limiting) intention and when that field is created physical matter is transcended. After that I suppose its a matter of just getting back into that place however one does it.

Neat stuff.

10. Link to Post #6
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,677 times in 3,489 posts

Well,

I haven“t made any treatment with him, but I know people who did with relative successful results.

A nice thing about him is that he doesn“t claim to cure all diseases alone. He advises that his treatment is much more effective if done coupled with conventional medicine.

He has indeed helped curing severe cancer cases and impressed several doctors.

By the way, I“m not sure if it“s ok to translate a name to another language. His name is Joćo de Deus, not John of God.

Cheers,

Raf.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Carmen (7th March 2012), DeDukshyn (7th March 2012), frances (7th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (7th March 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Yer right , we shouldn't, thanks for the update.

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Well,

I haven“t made any treatment with him, but I know people who did with relative successful results.

A nice thing about him is that he doesn“t claim to cure all diseases alone. He advises that his treatment is much more effective if done coupled with conventional medicine.

He has indeed helped curing severe cancer cases and impressed several doctors.

By the way, I“m not sure if it“s ok to translate a name to another language. His name is Joćo de Deus, not John of God.

Cheers,

Raf.

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,936 times in 4,194 posts

Wow, that is an amazing post, Markpierre!
    A good example of why I continue coming back to Avalon--to hear about unique experiences from off the beaten trail individuals like yourself.
    I would think it would courage to go to a healer of this sort, especially if you are at all squeamish, but some of the John of God patients say that once you are there, all fear evaporates...
    So there must be a very powerful feeling of Spirit presence as well.
    Thanks so much for sharing your story.
    Is there a link for Rubens Farias / Dr Fritz, and do you know if they are still practicing?
    Quote Posted by markpierre (here)
    Thanks for that Onawah. It's a fascinating subject.

Years ago he was a bit of a rage around the people I knew, and I knew a few that had gone to see him. I can't share any anecdotes, but I didn't hear any bad stories. There's a centre near here that I keep meeting people from. I get an urge to go feel it once in a while.

Maybe 14 years ago, I had the chance to be an assistant to Rubens Farias / Dr Fritz. It was this big warehouse full of tables. He was traveling and it was a coordinated event.
    Rubens is a nice guy, Fritz is a trip. This gruff insistent German guy, who's really kind and funny at the same time. You never knew how to take him. He'd say things like "hey if you want to help you can pray" in a tone that made you feel like hiding somewhere. Then he'd give you a nod to let you know when you were back from hiding. It was cool.

If he didn't have a scalpel he'd grab anything and dig a cataract out of someones eye. No anesthetic, no pain, no infections. I watched him remove a tumor from under the armpit of a friend of mine. He's cutting and digging away, and she's laying there smiling at me.
    It's really fun stuff.
    He fixed a chronic back problem for me that was acting up by driving a paint can opener into my spine with a adjustable wrench. Right through the skin into the spine. What a weird feeling. He said he was sending energy into the spine. That's all he said.

Beats me. It was gone and never came back.

John works with a whole bunch of different healers doesn't he? The ones I met were almost like a healers guild. They were continually working on more direct ways to get into our circuitry.
    It's like the only thing they can't bridge is our belief in death. It really controls more than we know.

Only guys who really want to be healed go to guys like John Of God or Rubens. Kind of not surprising how many of them get their healing.

We worked on a new modality project a few years ago, devised by Spirit healers. One of them was Harry Edwards, who I didn't know much about until long after. He was another strange one.

Cheers
    "It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
    ~ Anais Nin ~

"When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself." Unknown

14. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

DeDukshyn (7th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

This is fascinating. I'd heard of him a few years back and I've been debating over the years whether it's worth it to put the money together to go see him.
    "Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position. Such a heavy burden now to be the one.
    Born to bear and read to all The details of our ending. To write it down for all the world to see.
    But I forgot my pen"
    - Tool

16. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 times in 355 posts

I saw a footage of this guy performing the psychic surgery. It's obvious that he is under the influence of some entity or entities. When he uses the dirty knife to poke into people's nostrils, now if that does not scare me then I don't know what else would. I had to take microbiology courses at university and just thinking about the kind of microbes living on that instrument, oh my God, that is scary. No way that I would want that guy touching my nose or scraping my eyeball with it, no matter how enlightened he is.

I read that he psychically marks those individuals somehow, and as a result those individuals become more open to psychic attacks without them knowing. I don't know if it is true as I have never made a visit to this guy.

I think that a real healer will not need to use such extremes to heal someone in need. This is just my opinion.

17. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,419 times in 1,312 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Is there a link for Rubens Farias / Dr Fritz, and do you know if they are still practicing?
    I'm not able to find much. Just a bit of general info, but key-wording Rubens Farias brings up a few things. http://www.answers.com/topic/rubens-farias-jr

That piece mentions a couple of things I can confirm;
    The legal charges for one. Brazil is pretty full of spiritual healers, authorities aren't that anxious to take on the church. I think that if they do, they're not going to lose gracefully.
    Maybe he didn't have enough Catholic icons hanging around his house. The article says he was acquitted of charges in '99 , but he was still battling legal issues when I knew him in 2000-2001.
    So that was his first trip to the States, so that dates my experience with him as 12 years ago.
    He had an astounding success rate, and droves pf people wherever he went. I think he'd rightly developed a habit of keeping a low profile.

Another point the blurb made was regarding the surgery occurring in the astral body. Regardless of cuttings or apparent physical removal of tissues at times, it seems reasonable. An explanation for the absence of pain or infections perhaps. He'd make incisions, but there was never any blood, and the wounds would seem healed virtually overnight.
    Rubens (not Fritz) gave a series of demonstrations, and one involved removing the astral body (he called the energy body) off to the side about 2 meters from the physical body and working on it there.
    He'd wink and then do something over in empty space, and the subject would raise an arm, or shake her head rapidly in response. He said he could manipulate anything in the body through the energy body.

I wasn't working so much around that time with energy, just studying and teaching, but it was a great initiation to things that came later. The scenarios showed up down the track to experience more and other interesting things.

Another interesting thing that needs a little background.

Dr. Fritz has come through a succession of channels, the last before Rubens was Arigó who was notorious with the authorities as well, http://weird-people.com/arigo-psychic-surgeon/
    All the previous channels worked until their deaths, but strangely all had relatively short lives. They all had predicted their deaths and that they would be violent. Oh well, lots of us choose unpleasant deaths.

Rubens mentioned that he had a 'due date' as well, but also that he had been asked by spirit to do something no other channel had done with Fritz, and that was to fully integrate the knowledge of Fritz into himself, and thereby change the plan for Rubens departure. It was more like Rubens would find that ability in himself, and release Fritz from the need to incorporate into Rubens. I didn't really get the whole thing at the time.
    What Rubens was able to do without Fritz's help was interesting enough, so I presume since Rubens is still alive and practicing that all has been going well.

I don't know how John works, but Rubens would fully vacate and Fritz would use his body. It was interesting to watch.
    My last partner is a kinesiologist, but also a deep trance channel. She would occasionally be spontaneously taken over by various Spirits. It happened in her sessions quite a bit. In her sessions she always had to ask the client for permission, or the Spirit would retreat. She had to do that with me too.
    What am I going to say, No thanks?
    On a number of occasions what was going to be a nice relaxing massage or a bath and some romance was thwarted that way. That's how spontaneous it was.
    They had their own timing, and little regard for things like driving down the freeway or eating dinner. Or SLEEP.
    I had a lot of free work done on me anyway. Weird rewiring stuff. It wasn't so remarkable after a few years.
    But some of these guys were really strange. Imagine being in the bathtub talking to someone who's never been a human, who looks like your naked girlfriend. I don't know how I feel about that.

It's hard to get someone who's never had a face to crack a smile.
    Last edited by markpierre; 8th March 2012 at 09:38.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

RMorgan (8th March 2012), Tigressa (9th March 2012)

19. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 times in 338 posts

i posted this on another thread some months back

Quote What an excellent experience getting to visit Brazil. Did you get to meet John Of God? What was he like?
    What was this Joao like? I've never heard of him.

All the stories about Joao are true, the surgeries are real. I didnt have any health issues of note so i wasn't cured of anything. I had some pm's with a avalon member regarding joao a few months ago. Ill post a edited version of the things i wrote regarding what goes on in the casa.

I had no health issues at the time. I went to see john of god for spiritual reasons. The part of the casa that is for healing is divided into 4 rooms. The first area is a common area, It is the place where people wait around before the healing work starts for the day. There is a small platform where joao can do a demonstration of healing on someone in the crowd before things get going. Generally most of the healings that are on video are done on the small platform in the common area. The next room is the first current room. If you are told to go there your responsibility for the day is to meditate, pray, in some way create positive energy to aid the entities in the healing of others. The second current room is generally where the physical surgeries take place, also joao will ask certain people to sit in that room and he will answer their questions or ask them to be more of an active participant in the healing process. The third room is where the spiritual surgeries take place, you basically sit on a bench and entities will work on your energy body.

The first day i was there, joao told me to go into the third current room for spiritual/energetic surgery. This was 9 years ago and i'm quite used to this sort of thing, so i don't remember too much the specifics of what they did to me that day. In general I can say that the concentration of postive astral energy/entities at the casa is greater than at any other location Ive been too. There are multiple entities/spirits working there and it seems to be a place where spirits are working in a coordinated way to help those who need a deeper understanding of their spiritual nature. On other days i was instructed to sit in the first current room and aid in the process of others being healed. I would go into a deep trance state quite easily there, more easily than any other location except times when i have trained with various masters in asia. I was there for 2 weeks, and was getting a little bored, so i asked for a physical surgery. They said ok. I asked them to do the eye surgery as for some stupid reason i was worried about getting a scar from a cut on my skin. I could feel the knife going in my eye, but no pain. The best analogy i can use is it is like dentistry work when you get a local anesthetic via Novocaine. The entities create a yin field that allows them to control the nervous system of the patient so no pain is felt. It is important to control your emotions as strong feelings of fear can override the integrity of the field and you can feel pain. In my opinion it is absolutely unnecessary to have a physical surgery done unless you have some sort of tumor that needs to be removed immediately. The purpose of the physical surgeries is to make the unbeliever believe, and to give people faith of a higher, benevolent power.

if the trip would be financially difficult on you, I would suggest that you send a photo down to the casa, with the specific request that he be made aware of the presence of the entities when they do the healing. The area of the casa is quite remote, although not terribly expensive. It would be less costly to go without a guide, after a few days you would figure everything out, the town is not big. There were plenty of people who spoke English there who were happy to help. With oprah doing a show about it a not long ago all the accommodations might be filled. I stayed at posada catarinense, I think it cost me about 20$ a day, that came with 3 hot meals that were quite good. The people there are long time followers of joao and have some interesting stories to tell. The capital Brasilia is not too far away but it is a day trip, it is worth seeing. Its quite far from the ocean. The healing centers grounds are quite nice but in general the town is poor and the soil is quite dry, this is nowhere near the rain forest.

Of course he is unique in the role that he plays but he is not a saint or enlightened master. He is a simple farmer, that has been through multiple divorces and health issues of his own that are a consequence of having other spirits occupy the body that is best suited for him.

It is different for everybody, in general the spirits cannot heal someone if they do not have a change of heart. a persons fear can interfere with the healing energies and sabotage the work of the entities.

I'm sure it did, i have experienced a lot of things like this and it was definitely one of the more important links in the chain. I guess looking back in helped me to recognize how to get into a deep trance state on a regular basis. It also helped me deal with the challenges in my life with more clarity.

You are aware that Joao does not do any of the healing himself? Spirits/entities take over his body and they do the work, he is by his own account a regular guy with a very unique role to pay.

Did you get to inbibe, in so far as the famous ayahuasca vine is concerned?
    No, they dont do that in the casa. Joao is associated with the catholic faith, he is not a shaman.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Tigressa (9th March 2012)

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

What is a real healer?

Someone who heals. Are the people who go to see hm cured of what afflictes them? Yes? Then he is a healer. No? Then he's probably not. That's common sense.

Healing is defined by accomplishment. If people walk away sick still or overun with microbes, common sense would tell me he's not a healer. Healing is also a two way street. One has to want to be healed. If they don't very likely they won't be.

What is more difficult to accept is that we can do this on our own without having this performed on us. Without having to jab microbe laden pens into us we can heal ourselves by healing what is afflicting the psyche. Spiritual healing defines dis-ease as diseases of the psyche. Allopathic medicine doesn't.

I can mark all sorts of individuals in this forum as open to psychic attack. Attack on the psyche, I'm not sure what sort of argument you are forming here. Yuoud have to present the evidence of those who felt they were more vulnerable to psyche attack after visiting this man. Is it themselves that feel attacked, or the program that is running the disease that feels attacked? If I were disease iin someones body and someone dug me out , I'd certainly feel attacked...lol. Disease is a sort of program running in the mind, if you begin to abate it, then some portions of the psyche will feel attacked.

Understanding what the psyche is helps us to understand psychic attack. Disease a sort of auto immune program running in the psyche where the psyche is attacking the body, resulting in disease.

Quote Posted by Cilka (here)
    I saw a footage of this guy performing the psychic surgery. It's obvious that he is under the influence of some entity or entities. When he uses the dirty knife to poke into people's nostrils, now if that does not scare me then I don't know what else would. I had to take microbiology courses at university and just thinking about the kind of microbes living on that instrument, oh my God, that is scary. No way that I would want that guy touching my nose or scraping my eyeball with it, no matter how enlightened he is.

I read that he psychically marks those individuals somehow, and as a result those individuals become more open to psychic attacks without them knowing. I don't know if it is true as I have never made a visit to this guy.

I think that a real healer will not need to use such extremes to heal someone in need. This is just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread