+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast

Thread: Invisible Children: KONY 2012 - a plea to stop the demented Joseph Kony in 2012

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Invisible Children: KONY 2012 - a plea to stop the demented Joseph Kony in 2012

http://vimeo.com/invisible/kony2012

Hi,

I wanted to share with you this new short film (24min) from the good people at Invisible children.

I think this is something huge for the world right now. It could change not only the lives of thousands of abducted children but also change the way the world thinks. It could show that, we, the people, are the real power that be, when we dare speak the truth with one united and powerful voice.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Spacyman; 7th March 2012 at 13:36.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Spacyman For This Post:

Alekahn (9th March 2012), Ba-ba-Ra (9th March 2012), Billy (8th March 2012), DianeKJ (7th March 2012), frances (7th March 2012), Kimberley (9th March 2012), Marie (9th March 2012), transitionalman (7th March 2012), truth will win out (8th March 2012), Turcurulin (8th March 2012), WhiteFeather (11th March 2012), Zampano (7th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 times in 659 posts

Default Kony 2012

Make Kony Famous - important new video to rally us all to the aid of the invisible children. This video tells the story of Jacob and the abduction of children in Uganda into the infamous LRA.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

Alekahn (9th March 2012), chomo1968 (7th March 2012), christian (8th March 2012), Ella (8th March 2012), Eric J (Viking) (8th March 2012), frances (8th March 2012), gaiagirl (7th March 2012), heyokah (7th March 2012), Ineffable Hitchhiker (7th March 2012), kersley (7th March 2012), Little Ishta (7th March 2012), Maia Gabrial (8th March 2012), Marie (9th March 2012), Miller (8th March 2012), Phoenix (8th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (7th March 2012), TheSwede (8th March 2012), truth will win out (8th March 2012), Turcurulin (8th March 2012), WhiteFeather (11th March 2012), Zampano (7th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,323 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Invisible Children : A new video and a way to change the world.

Hi Spacyman, I click on the link and a blank page comes up with this: NoSuchBucketThe specified bucket does not exist​kony2012F757703B78112948MnN63ebpbXI0YzSjgIiemLEdPaGmXNbaVs6Mlr6ehFeqTlCerzxtFM3Bkju43kCU

I hope you can fix because it sounds interesting.

6. Link to Post #4
    New Zealand Avalon Member etheric underground's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,919 times in 540 posts

this has been posted as kony 2012 today

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)
    Hi Spacyman, I click on the link and a blank page comes up with this: NoSuchBucketThe specified bucket does not exist​kony2012F757703B78112948MnN63ebpbXI0YzSjgIiemLEdPaGmXNbaVs6Mlr6ehFeqTlCerzxtFM3Bkju43kCU

Sorry I fixed the link, it should work now

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by etheric underground (here)
    Oh I didn't know... Thanks for the info. I just thought it was worth sharing. In fact IMO it's even worth a duplicate post

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spacyman For This Post:

alxz (8th March 2012), Turcurulin (8th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spacyman (here)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Oh I didn't know... Thanks for the info. I just thought it was worth sharing. In fact IMO it's even worth a duplicate post
    I tried twice. Maybe because I'm using a Mac? It shouldn't effect it. I refreshed my browser, too. This is the message that comes up: AccessDeniedAccess Denied5C4CF1B2230CBEEDT0Zi9+u3d9Xi3w7i/4m0gkSLrUTb9g/pP4lNpfDVV6Qtcg+tYkUt9rOGO5l0q3py

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Spacyman (here)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I tried twice. Maybe because I'm using a Mac? It shouldn't effect it. I refreshed my browser, too. This is the message that comes up: AccessDeniedAccess Denied5C4CF1B2230CBEEDT0Zi9+u3d9Xi3w7i/4m0gkSLrUTb9g/pP4lNpfDVV6Qtcg+tYkUt9rOGO5l0q3py
    Oh, got it. That second link works. Thanks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Spacyman (7th March 2012)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Oh no it's nothing like that, in fact the link worked earlier but it seems that they have trouble with the site, I suspect a too big affluence. go directly to the website http://kony2012.com

12. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Great hundredth Monkey story. Almost gave up watching in the beginning. Too, brutal. Though, 15 minutes into one has hope. Joseph Kony, there is no word in the dictionary to describe this diabolical evil. It’s great that many are taking action steps.

Two important counter points: 1)some/more than some of the people they are reaching out to for help have been openly linked to the Illuminati 2) the symbol @ 27:30 minutes is connected with the Illuminati.

13. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member Little Ishta's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 times in 227 posts

Default Re: Kony 2012

Bumping this! Let's make it happen! Get Kony famous!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Ishta For This Post:

Carmen (7th March 2012), heyokah (7th March 2012), Turcurulin (8th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 times in 659 posts

Thanks Little Ishta but this has also been posted today under the title " Invisible Children : A new video and a way to change the world'. I listened to a documentary about Kony on Radio 4 a few months ago and to my shame had to turn it off because I was out walking and it was making me cry so I was really keen to support this movement. However, someone has just sent me a link to a blog which is highly unflattering about the 'invisible children' movement. I will post it here http://sammhayden.tumblr.com/. In this instance I don't agree with the Political Scientist at Yale's comments - although in other situations I might - because the Lord's Resistance Army is so very brutal is just has to be stopped and as quickly as possible. Regarding the finance's of the Invisible Children - this is a difficult one. I don't know how valid his comments are and would appreciate anyone else's input.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

Little Ishta (7th March 2012), sandy (7th March 2012), Turcurulin (8th March 2012)

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

This video is popping up everyone on Facebook, catching like wildfire.. I've seen at least 20 people post it.
    4.2 million views in 2 days..
    Something seems suspicious about the video for me though, and i can't quite point a finger at it.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peace4all For This Post:

alxz (8th March 2012), anthony (9th March 2012), PHARAOH (15th March 2012)

19. Link to Post #12
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

A Noble & Just cause...

...But I find it extremely difficult to believe Kony is not being funded and has been allowed to continue this Rein of Terror untouched for 26 years..?

Mugabi is still at it and he has the support of (ALL) Western Govts, if he did'nt he to would have been stopped just like #24 on the List (Muammar Gaddafi) and we all know what happened to him don't we...

The Parrot-Talking Creeps me out aswell as the (Turncoat 'Bought & Paid For Politicians) that say they want to support the cause..?

Again Obama & Nato got rid of #24 on the List (Muammar Gaddafi), so why can't they get rid of #1...?????

Very suspicious indeed...

Having said all that the children must come first & Koni must be stopped once & for all..!

20. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

I am inspired by the video's author. A human doing, not just a human being.

But, so many people completely ignore politics, so I'm baffled why they would make up signs that look like Kony is running for political office. Rather than

"Kony 2012",

the signs should read

STOP Kony in 2012!
    Kony is a Killer!

And why use the word "famous?" It should be "infamous", not "famous", right?

Yes, Jackovesk, if Kony threatened international bankers...if he succeeded in getting rid of the Ugandan Central Bank, he would already be dead.

It really is amazing that this Kony guy is still alive after decades of this maniacal behavior. How about dropping leaflets showing a reward for Kony? $10,000 dead or $100,000 alive. They probably don't use Facebook much, but I'll bet that news would travel from village to village quickly.

Dennis

21. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

ajyana (8th March 2012), Alekahn (9th March 2012), Anchor (8th March 2012), Carmen (7th March 2012), Cjay (9th March 2012), Ineffable Hitchhiker (7th March 2012), jackovesk (7th March 2012), kersley (7th March 2012), Maia Gabrial (8th March 2012), meeradas (8th March 2012), modwiz (7th March 2012), Sidney (8th March 2012), transitionalman (7th March 2012), Turcurulin (8th March 2012)

22. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Here's what I don't get. I saw "Invisible Children" at least a year ago, if not more. So why is everyone going nuts over him today, specifically? Did I miss something overnight?
    "Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position. Such a heavy burden now to be the one.
    Born to bear and read to all The details of our ending. To write it down for all the world to see.
    But I forgot my pen"
    - Tool

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rabbit For This Post:

anthony (9th March 2012), Maia Gabrial (8th March 2012), Turcurulin (8th March 2012)

24. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,835 times in 413 posts

Quote Posted by rabbit (here)
    Here's what I don't get. I saw "Invisible Children" at least a year ago, if not more. So why is everyone going nuts over him today, specifically? Did I miss something overnight?
    They are making this video go viral right now because on April 20th they want people around the world to post those KONY posters everywhere. The idea is to blanket every city with this message and capture headlines everywhere, reaching even more people.

Overall I can't speak to the quality of the NGO, but I think this project serves as a useful tool to reach people who are blissfully unaware of what's happening around the world. It's a small, specific, targeted issue, but it can spark some to awaken. Just like the Zeitgeist video did for some. People are tuned off, watching TV, reading celebrity gossip... a video like this can engage the younger generation. On that level I think it's a worthwhile project.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S-L For This Post:

Ineffable Hitchhiker (7th March 2012), Turcurulin (8th March 2012)

26. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Member Ineffable Hitchhiker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,854 times in 495 posts

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    A Noble & Just cause...

...But I find it extremely difficult to believe Kony is not being funded and has been allowed to continue this Rein of Terror untouched for 26 years..?

Having said all that the children must come first & Koni must be stopped once & for all..!
    I agree with this.
    My first reaction was the same...why hasn´t this been stopped? Why?

Although I admire the cause, and am sickened to the core of my being at the atrocity occuring in Africa, I found the video to be "over the top icky" towards the end. T-shirts, wrist bands, posters....for sale!
    The motto :-"Make him famous to get him arrested?" is so far out of my paradigm, that I begin to question the whole project. What started out as a noble cause has become a full on Hollywood production, which leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Posted by S-L (here)
    Overall I can't speak to the quality of the NGO, but I think this project serves as a useful tool to reach people who are blissfully unaware of what's happening around the world. It's a small, specific, targeted issue, but it can spark some to awaken. Just like the Zeitgeist video did for some. People are tuned off, watching TV, reading celebrity gossip... a video like this can engage the younger generation. On that level I think it's a worthwhile project.
    Yep. The very least this video will do, is raise an awareness to the fact that this is going on and for that I am grateful.
    I am reminded of a video I watched on Prof. Roger Nelson ( who I first saw in the movie WAKE UP ) on global consciousness.

He said :-
    "If meditation and intentions and prayers are directed toward a better world, I think the global consciousness would be pleased about that and may react."

So, for the sake of the children, may the intention of this video production cause a shift to occur and all children live in peace throughout the world in the furure.
    The heart knows a hundred thousand ways to speak.
    ~ rumi

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ineffable Hitchhiker For This Post:

ajyana (9th March 2012), alxz (8th March 2012), Corncrake (8th March 2012), meeradas (8th March 2012)

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

There is a much greater agenda here than meets the eye and although the original promise to stop Kony has genuine intent it leaves me wondering why TPTB are finally helping. This has been going on for Years (way too many ) however why now might there be some intervention>>>>>including famous stars know to be connected to the Zionist Elitists ??

Could it help those running in the election ie Obama, Gingrich even saw Harper's picture for heaven sake (I wonder what Harper is doing about the deaths of our aboriginal children in residential schools that went on for years other than trying to squash the publication of this news!! )

Another distraction and soft soap sale to see TPTB as good guys helping the little guy. Also they are testing the waters to see how many get on the band wagon so they can count the numbers of those participating to get a feel for how many are still sleeping and believing this new line of propaganda.

Don't be surprised if you get emails after signing on or promoting this on Face Book from your local government reps asking for your support in upcoming initiatives and elections as now that you have taken the bait they will assume they have a fish on the line.
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

ajyana (9th March 2012), Anchor (8th March 2012), anthony (9th March 2012), Debra (16th March 2012), gaiagirl (7th March 2012), motherlove (15th March 2012)

30. Link to Post #18
    Austria Avalon Member
    Thanks

could it be,cos gadaffi had oil and kony hasnt got what they are interrested in??
    if "they" really wanted to kill him he would be dead already,or not??
    looks like the big bosses dont give a **** about 30 tousend african kids....
    sad,sad but thats our reality
    love
    chomo

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chomo1968 For This Post:

Debra (16th March 2012), Phoenix (8th March 2012), Turcurulin (8th March 2012)

32. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

-I've removed this post-
    Last edited by Paa; 26th July 2013 at 14:30.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paa For This Post:

S-L (8th March 2012), Turcurulin (8th March 2012)

34. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

Default Demented Joseph Kony

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

Alekahn (9th March 2012), Carmen (8th March 2012), etheric underground (8th March 2012), gooty64 (8th March 2012), lelmaleh (8th March 2012), Marie (9th March 2012), nearing (8th March 2012), Ol' Roy (8th March 2012), Realeyes (8th March 2012), seko (8th March 2012), Turcurulin (8th March 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast