+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 6 LastLast

Thread: Fluoride - a conversation with an insider who knows the real story

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,546 times in 32,931 posts

Default Fluoride - a conversation with an insider who knows the real story

----------------

I was sent the following report yesterday by e-mail, and am reposting it here with full permission. It could not be more important.

I would like to commend you on your story (20th of July) re. the Gulf "spill" and the alternative media's reporting of it. You reminded me that I have to keep checking the facts. Like you, I was very concerned. Thank you. Here's my story below.

I wanted to give you something in return ( I first had this posted at Ken Adachi's Educate-Yourself.org site in late December 2009).

http://educate-yourself.org/lte/lett...h22dec09.shtml

I wanted to tell you of a real conversation that I had with a head of one of the main NHS (National Health Services) in the UK. This particular body is instrumental in advising… sorry, “INSTRUCTING” the water companies to fluoridate our water.

I had been doing some research on Fluoride, its uses, toxicity and the general negative affect that it has on us humans etc. Having been scared half out of my wits, I contacted (called) my local water supplier to ask why they were putting poison in the water.

The female customer services agent was somewhat aghast & surprised at my statement, however, she was also surprised to find that her "Water Company" did not have any reference on their website about Fluoride being in the water. She then told me that her computer was directing her to a “technical services manager” who would be able to answer my questions.

I thanked her and was put through to what sounded like a man in a very large and empty room. This guy came right to the point and said that they did what they were told and if I wanted any further information, I should call the SHA (Strategic Health Authority), as they gave the orders.

At this point Bill, I do not want to name the person I spoke with; but put simply, you can’t get much higher than this person…

I looked this person up and called their office; I was surprised to be put straight through to them. I asked if I could have three minutes of their time and I was granted this. My question was direct and to the point.

Why, given the evident toxicity of Fluoride and the many supporting independent papers on the dangers of consuming it, are your group instructing the "Water Company" to put it in our drinking water? This is the answer and subsequent conversation to the best of my memory:

“Do you drink alcohol?” (I knew what was coming – or did I?)

“Yes, I do… but I choose to drink it,” I smugly replied.

There was a brief silence, and then the bombshell:

“You are correct. Fluoride is a poison and should not be in the water system, full stop."

UH!!! My jaw hit my desk. For the next 15 minutes we spoke candidly about its dangers; the con of how it has been sold to us (forced on us). The details of the early tests in the 1930s and how this information was seriously floored (and still is).

I was told to refer to a recent paper in the BMJ (British Medical Journal) which (I was told) quite clearly demonstrated that it’s a poison and should be removed from the water immediately, as it's “hazardous to health.” This person knew their stuff !

I asked, "why then, if you know all this, do you continue to instruct the Water Companies to put it in the water?"

Their response: “The decisions are made in the 'deepest darkest recesses of Parliament', and we have 'no say' in the matter. We are just following orders, as are the Water Companies.”

My final question was as to what do I do? I was told to get as many people together as I possibly could and "lobby Parliament."

I thanked them for their time, and closed the conversation feeling very concerned… as I am today. I filter ALL of my water using the latest technology. It’s difficult to escape Fluoride over here as its in most of our bottled water too.

This conversation happened 16 months ago. I was scared to talk about it before, but things have now changed.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 23rd July 2010 at 09:32.

2. The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

000 (25th January 2011), 58andfixed (19th February 2011), 7alon (14th May 2017), Anima66 (14th February 2011), Bea (11th February 2011), binemaya (26th April 2014), Bluegrass (27th June 2014), bluestflame (25th January 2011), Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), Chester (18th June 2014), daddy fishwick (15th June 2014), DarkSai (14th February 2011), DeDukshyn (27th January 2011), Dennis Leahy (17th June 2014), DePortugal (27th September 2015), Dorok (31st January 2011), DouglasDanger (11th February 2011), Eram (26th April 2014), Ewan (11th April 2023), Frederick Jackson (18th February 2014), hohoemi (31st January 2011), IronicDestiny (14th February 2011), jimbojp (11th February 2011), jsl2837 (29th April 2014), kasee (14th February 2011), Kindling (18th June 2014), ktlight (3rd May 2014), Lunar (31st January 2011), Midnight Rambler (14th February 2011), mountain_jim (11th February 2011), Nasu (26th June 2014), Neal (14th February 2011), noprophet (11th February 2011), oldeyes (1st February 2011), Omni (21st February 2011), passiglight (31st January 2011), Peta Babkama Luruba Anaku (14th February 2011), peterspm (14th February 2011), quench (29th January 2011), Redtailhawk (29th January 2011), red_rose (31st January 2011), Rich (27th April 2014), Sebastion (14th February 2011), slipknotted (14th February 2011), soleil (20th June 2014), str8thinker (1st February 2011), Sunny-side-up (15th June 2014), tnkayaker (16th June 2014), toothpick (14th November 2011), Tyy1907 (29th June 2014), Unified Serenity (14th November 2011), waterlily (14th November 2011), Yoda (14th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Fluoride - a conversation with an insider who knows the real story

many thanks for sharing this, bill....

indeed it is a sad situation from the outset.....we infiltrate ourselves with poisonous substances ultimately through people in positions of love and trust working for companies running on deceipt and dishonesty...
    and yet it is not only water is it. theres toxins and poisons in the food on the shelves in most commercial stores and ofcourse fed into the air we inhale....some by ourselves and all for ourselves....
    the stresses of it all....added with the well choreographed negativity blah blah...that is deployed onto our senses through the mass media and further afield. it certainly is a wonder how the many still cant understand or even question the increasing unnatural illnesses/diseases that plague humans and animals in todays life...

to think of the damage and the situation of what has happened/happening is vitally important in order to change what is being done....however it is equally important, and somewhat more so in my opinion, to not dwell too deeply on the serevity of the situation.....what is done is done and how dare they do this to us....to themselves...
    however it is today, i am here and it is now and how can we move on from this point....for the better....

if you judge people, you have no time to love them - mother teresa

i truly belive things are changing, people are...questions are...

mucho gracias again for this, keep smiling

peace always
    mike

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike1414 For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), Yoda (14th February 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

In Canada, at least in the area where I live, they have stopped adding fluoride to the water supply. I was told that this was because of a "global shortage" of the stuff, which would make the expense too high, but either way I'm not disappointed. Perhaps there are some white hats around here, as where/when I grew up there was definitely fluoride in the water, and it was common practise to give fluoride drops in reasonably high concentrations to your kids. The result was permanent staining on the teeth (at least the most evident one, who knows what else it did). Just glad its not happening anymore. I've still seen some websites advocating the use of fluoride drops for small children, my doctor (who I think is on the level - he recommended against the Swine Flu vaccine) shares my opinion that it is unnessesary and potentially harmful. He also backed up my self-diagnosis that aspartame may have been causing stomach problems and supported my decision to try cutting it out completely for a while. The result was a full disappearance of symptoms (which had previously included chronic heartburn and acid reflux - day in and day out). Anyhow, long story short, I've discovered 100% there is no fluoride in my Town's water.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoshERTW For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), DeDukshyn (15th June 2014), IronicDestiny (14th February 2011), jsl2837 (29th April 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Hi i've just been researching for fluoride that is added into the water supply for the UK see here it gives you all of the areas and postcodes of the water supply that has flouride added:

http://www.wmaf.org.uk/userfiles/Mic...HE%20UK(2).pdf

Ive recently bought fluoride free toothpaste "kingfisher" and fluoride free mouthwash "sarakan" from Holland and Barretts.

For people who are living in effected areas there are ways round it;

For around £200 a "reverse osmosis unit" can remove 95% of the fluoride in the water you drink.

Also you can filter the complete water supply that comes into your house for around £360 this would help you to stop absorbing fluoride into the skin while having baths and showers - this removes 90% - 95% of fluoride.

This is a bit more expensive but would be the best option in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Scott
    Last edited by scootiep; 23rd July 2010 at 21:07.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scootiep For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), golden lady (31st January 2011), Lancelot (31st January 2011), quench (18th February 2011), Yoda (14th February 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

Acording to Dr. Rima Laibow (I know, I know, she is associated with Major General "staring at goats" Stubblebine - but I find her input very informative)

Quote "Fluoride as an additive has a dark past: it was first added to water in the Soviet Gulag (prison system) since it is a neurological poison and made political and other difficult prisoners complacent and therefore easier to manage. It was added to the water supplies of the Nazi death and slave labor camps for the same reason. Fluoride is widely used as an additive although the scientific evidence upon which its use rests is either fraudulent or flawed. Long a staple of water treatment, sodium fluoride has been replaced by other, even more toxic fluoride compounds like sulfuryl fluoride which has never been tested in water supplies nor approved for use in them.
    Source: http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/?p=1425

Again, I reiterate, "the Nazis didn't loose the Second World War, the German people did....

As for Major General Stubblebine's credibility, one might want to watch this video:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=daNr_TrBw6E
    but, that's completely off-topic and the subject of another issue....
    Last edited by observer; 23rd July 2010 at 22:51. Reason: add comment

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Hi all, here is some interesting info...Please click on link below to see juice types, the companys involved and the fluoride amounts.

The Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry
    Volume 16. 1991

Jan G. Stannard, Youn Soo Shim, Maria Kritsineli, Panagiota Labropoulou, Anthi Tsamtsouris

Abstract

Increasing consumption of beverages as a replacement for water have made fluoride content in beverages an important issue. In this study. forty-three ready-to-drink fruit juices were examined for fluoride ion concentration. It was found that 42% of the samples had more than 1 ppm of fluoride. It was also determined that "pure" fruit juices, often grape juices. contained high levels of fluoride. Juice made from grapes separated from the skin did not contain any fluoride. Since it is common practice to use fluoride-containing insecticide in growing grapes. it is believed that contamination of these juices is occurring. Washing of grape skins produced appreciable quantities of fluoride. Given that increasing numbers of people are consuming beverages instead of water, fluoride supplementation should not be based solely upon the concentration of the drinking water, but should also consider the amount of different beverages consumed and their fluoride content.

Few studies have investigated fluoride exposures from juices and juice-flavored drinks manufactured with water. on this study, the authors analyzed 1532 juices and juice drinks for fluoride. Fluoride ion concentrations ranged from 0.02 to 2.80 parts per million, in part because of variations in fluoride concentrations of water used in production.

Children's ingestion of fluoride from juices and juice flavored drinks can be substantial and a factor in the development of fluorosis.

http://www.nofluoride.com/juice_content.cfm
    Last edited by Ross; 23rd July 2010 at 21:59.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), IronicDestiny (14th February 2011), Yoda (14th February 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Bill, please correct me if I am mistaken here but is this actually a letter from an insider? because judging from the letter he seems just a person in UK who made a few phone calls. He doesn't state that he is a part of the NHS, or SHA - only that he contacted them. When he states:

Quote I had been doing some research on Fluoride, its uses, toxicity and the general negative affect that it has on us humans etc.
    He identifies himself as a researcher only.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Majorion For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Some Scientific facts on Fluoride

How much fluoride is there in drinking water?

The amount of fluoride present naturally in drinking water is highly variable, depending on the specific geological environment from which the water is obtained. In non-fluoridated drinking water (i.e., drinking water to which fluoride has not been intentionally added for the prevention of dental caries) levels may reach up to about 2.0 mg/litre. However, some places can have fluoride levels in drinking water of up to 20 mg/litre. In areas in which drinking water is fluoridated, the concentration of fluoride in drinking water generally ranges from 0.7 to 1.2 mg/litre.

How much fluoride is there in food?

Virtually all foodstuffs contain at least trace amounts of fluoride. Elevated levels are present in fish and in tea leaves, which are particularly rich in fluoride. Although the concentration of fluoride in food products is not significantly increased by the addition of superphosphate fertilizers (containing fluorides as impurities) to agricultural soil, a recent study shows that plant uptake of fluoride could increase given certain conditions. The use of water containing relatively low levels (less than about 3 mg/litre) of fluoride for crop irrigation generally does not increase fluoride concentrations in foodstuffs, but this depends on plant species and fluoride concentrations in soil and water. However, the level of fluoride in foods is significantly affected by the fluoride content of the water used in food preparation or processing, particularly in beverages and dry foodstuffs to which water is added prior to consumption, such as powdered baby formula. The concentrations of fluoride in unwashed or unprocessed foods grown near industrial fluoride sources may be greater than the levels in the same foods grown in other non-industrially exposed areas. Fluoride has been detected in breast milk at concentrations up to 100 µg /litre, with most measurements ranging between 5 and 10 µg/litre.

How much fluoride are humans exposed to?

Individual exposure to fluoride is highly variable depending on the levels of fluoride in foodstuffs and drinking water, on the use of fluoridated dental preparations, and in certain cases on the levels of fluoride in indoor air.

For adults, the consumption of foodstuffs and drinking water is the principal route of exposure to fluoride. Formula-fed infants receive 50–100 times more fluoride than exclusively breast-fed infants. The ingestion of toothpaste by young children makes a significant contribution to their total intake of fluoride. In general, estimated intakes of fluoride by children and adolescents do not exceed about 2 mg/day. Although adults may have a higher absolute daily intake of fluoride in milligrams, the daily fluoride intake of children, expressed on a milligram per kilogram body weight basis, may exceed that of adults. In geological areas rich in fluoride, drinking water obtained from groundwater wells can be the principal source, leading to estimated intakes of fluorides in adults up to 27 mg/day.

The inhalation of airborne fluoride generally does not contribute much to the total intake of this substance, save in areas of the world in which coal rich in fluoride is used indoors on open fires for heating and cooking or where certain wood preservatives are used.

Workers in the aluminium, iron ore or phosphate ore processing industry may be exposed via inhalation or dermal contact.

What happens to fluorides absorbed by the body?

When fluorides are ingested by humans or laboratory animals, they are absorbed in the stomach and/or the intestine. Fluoride from soluble fluorides is almost completely absorbed (either as HF or F-, depending on stomach acidity). However, when fluoride is bound to aluminium, calcium etc., its release and subsequent absorption may be reduced because this combination is less soluble. When fluorides in gaseous or particulate form are breathed in, the respiratory tract, they are partially or completely absorbed depending on how soluble they are or on how big the fluoride-containing particles are.

Fluoride is then rapidly distributed in tissues. In humans and laboratory animals, fluorides mostly build up in bones and teeth, which retain about 99% of the total fluoride body burden.

Fluoride is eliminated from the body primarily through the urine. Infants retain 80 to 90% of fluoride ingested, while adults retain approximately 60%.

However, the balance of fluoride in the body (i.e. the difference between the amount of fluoride ingested and the amount excreted) can be positive or negative. This physiological balance is determined by earlier fluoride exposure, the degree of accumulation in bone, the rate at which it is released from bone and the efficiency of the kidneys in excreting fluoride. When fluoride intakes are low excretion through urine can exceed intake.

Fluoride can be transferred from mother to foetus through the placenta.

Regards

Ross
    Last edited by Ross; 23rd July 2010 at 22:15.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), Frederick Jackson (18th February 2014), str8thinker (1st February 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Romania Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Majorion (here)
    Bill, please correct me if I am mistaken here but is this actually a letter from an insider? because judging from the letter he seems just a person in UK who made a few phone calls. He doesn't state that he is a part of the NHS, or SHA - only that he contacted them. When he states:

"I had been doing some research on Fluoride, its uses, toxicity and the general negative affect that it has on us humans etc."

He identifies himself as a researcher only.
    The title refers to the person with whom the person sending the letter to Bill was talking on the phone asking questions about the reason for putting fluoride in the water.
    Last edited by Kra; 23rd July 2010 at 22:33.

17. Link to Post #10
    Portugal Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thats why i dont drink water... only sometimes... or on fruits.

if i evaporate the water , doing a destilation... the water that later condenses is destilated and without the fluor right?

18. Link to Post #11
    Romania Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MiguelQ (here)
    Thats why i dont drink water... only sometimes... or on fruits.
    I don't like to drink this water either... but in the cities we don't really have a choice. I don't drink sink water i drink only bottled water, not that bottled water is healthy but it is cleaner than the sink water.

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I'm trained as a water resource engineer - I have worked in water treatment facilities, and designed them (though only in an academic setting). I do however design water infrastructure and can assure you that municipalities are extremely protective of their water systems and the possibility of any contamination.

One thing I can guarantee you, bottled water is not more clean. This is the advertising campaign they have used for years. Municipal water treatment facilities cost many millions of dollars to build. Water bottling plants use far less sophisticated technology - if your local plant uses membrane filters or UV technology (if its been built or upgraded in the last 5-10 years it might) then you've probably got the cleanest drinking water available to humans. Even the older technologies (filter beds and chlorination - the latter of which is still used even in the new plants as a failsafe against bacteria) are superior to what the bottled water industry uses.

This is because municipal water is subjected to daily testing at point sources, constant quality monitoring using sophisticated hardware inside the plant itself. Alarms go off if certain levels are exceeded - i.e. turbidity which is the 'suspended particles' in the water, and if the alarm is going off, the naked eye will not be able to see these particles generally. Municipal water is subjected to borderline insane levels of third party scrutiny before it reaches your taps - at least since Walkerton.

If you don't believe me ask your local treatment plant to take you on a tour. Then ask a water bottling company for the same deal. Bet you wont get past the front desk on the second one, and even if you do, you will still be amazed at the stark contrast in technology, cleanliness and the like.

All this is before you account for the plastic leaching into the water from the bottles themselves too. Most bottled water also has fluordie by the way, while municipal water has it less and less - though as the title of this thread suggests its still around.

If anyone has any questions on this, and I have not proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to you that bottled water is a scam, please PM me and I will send you some links to video's / legal documents etc. Don't have it at my finger tips but can provide on request.

Edit: And if this doesn't convince you, at least you can still drink beer!
    Last edited by JoshERTW; 24th July 2010 at 00:29.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoshERTW For This Post:

Frederick Jackson (18th February 2014), sheddie (31st January 2011)

21. Link to Post #13
    Portugal Avalon Member
    Thanks

well Kar, i dont drink sink water, no ones here does, but just to cooking (i think), but i think thats bad also..
    municipal water is for bath and cleaning and washing machines...
    The rest is botted, but i know that the bottled are also with Fluoride so .. there is no way.

Now Josh, do you know if distilled WATER, is free of those toxic agents.
    I dont mean buying distilled water, i mean produce a distilled water mechanism, that gives the water vapor, and drink it.
    Is it (the vapor water) distilled, and free of Fluoride?

22. Link to Post #14
    Romania Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by JoshERTW (here)
    One thing I can guarantee you, bottled water is not more clean. This is the advertising campaign they have used for years.
    I don't watch TV i don't care about advertising campaigns. I am aware of the issues with bottled water but i was talking about visibly cleaner water. Meaning the water from the sink tastes "funny" like rust sometimes (but not limited to) and it doesn't look good either. I have some filters in the pipes and sink but not enough it seems. It's been years since i last drank sink water.

If you don't believe me ask your local treatment plant to take you on a tour. Then ask a water bottling company for the same deal. Bet you wont get past the front desk on the second one
    I'm sure i wouldn't.

All this is before you account for the plastic leaching into the water from the bottles themselves too. Most bottled water also has fluordie by the way, while municipal water has it less and less - though as the title of this thread suggests its still around.
    Like i said... i am aware of the bottled water issues and i am aware that the bottled water also has fluoride but i'm not sure about municipal water having it less and less at least not here. So i drink bottled water because it's visibly cleaner.
    Last edited by Kra; 24th July 2010 at 01:13.

23. Link to Post #15
    Romania Deactivated
    Thanks

well Kar, i dont drink sink water, no ones here does, but just to cooking (i think), but i think thats bad also..
    municipal water is for bath and cleaning and washing machines...
    For cooking and washing something or for bath i also use municipal water although i wish i had a choice. Why are you keep calling me "Kar" ?
    Last edited by Kra; 24th July 2010 at 01:00.

24. Link to Post #16
    Portugal Avalon Member
    Thanks

AHUuuu ups man, sorry. i get Dislexical sometimes. i thought it really was Kar, not KRa..
    but kar already got into my brain , so deepp, lets see if i wont step in the same mistake again.

25. Link to Post #17
    Romania Deactivated
    Thanks

AHUuuu ups man, sorry. i get Dislexical sometimes. i thought it really was Kar, not KRa..
    but kar already got into my brain , so deepp, lets see if i wont step in the same mistake again.

It's ok no problem. I thought you are renaming me and was wondering why you like "Kar" so much.

26. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

One thing I can guarantee you, bottled water is not more clean. This is the advertising campaign they have used for years. Municipal water treatment facilities cost many millions of dollars to build. Water bottling plants use far less sophisticated technology - if your local plant uses membrane filters or UV technology (if its been built or upgraded in the last 5-10 years it might) then you've probably got the cleanest drinking water available to humans. Even the older technologies (filter beds and chlorination - the latter of which is still used even in the new plants as a failsafe against bacteria) are superior to what the bottled water industry uses.
    I couldn't agree more. It depends on a quality of municipal water. Ours is clean and fluoride free. So for I drink from sink and I don't consume bottled water. It contains fluoride in most cases.

27. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

I generally run my tap water through a Brita filter. This is about the level of filtration that the bottling companies use. I mostly only do it so I can keep a pitcher of water in the fridge.

Kra: The 'rusty' taste could be a few things. One, your town water is in ductile-iron pipes and they are getting old. A Brita filter will fix this for you. Iron is not particularly bad for you though rusty pipes would be more concerning as this means they are structurally compromised and a leak could form in the pipe line. where there is a leak, there is potential for contaminants to enter through the ground. This is pretty common in old pipe systems and most cities have a plan for upgrades over a number of years.

Two, your town's water is sourced from groundwater - surface water (especially in areas with zebra mussel infestations) generally is clearer once it reaches the tap. Groundwater has lots of minerals and is harder - this just means there is naturally occuring minerals in your water, when I was in university it was calcium that made our water cloudy. It didn't taste particularly bad. But again, Brita filters came to the rescue.

These filters are full of activated carbon which basically 'binds' these particulates (including the ones you can't see and which are usually the ones that are causing the 'flavour' issue). Most municipal water systems use this stuff in their filter beds, or add it as a 'dust' during certain times of the year i.e. when there is lots of algae etc. The filters basically yank out all the smells and tastes, and they are so finely packed that the particulates don't make it through either.

Third it might be your plumbing - if you live in an old building you might have some crappy internal pipe work.

I urge anyone who is 'unsatisfied' with their municipal water to try filtering your own water with a Brita (or other brand, they are all the same really) pitcher, you will save a bunch of money that would otherwise be going to an evil corporation if nothing else. A lot of times this is the only thing that these water bottling plants do - run tap water (or well water, or whatever) through a simple filter and sell it to you at a massive profit. The markup on bottled water is something like 1000%. I bet you will find it tastes better too.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to JoshERTW For This Post:

sheddie (31st January 2011)

29. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Now Josh, do you know if distilled WATER, is free of those toxic agents.
    I dont mean buying distilled water, i mean produce a distilled water mechanism, that gives the water vapor, and drink it.
    Is it (the vapor water) distilled, and free of Fluoride?
    If you are vaporizing the water, you are only going to remove any chemicals which will not also be vaporized (i.e. anything which will become a gas at a lower temperature than water is going to go up your pipe and into your distilled product). Thats why distilling is used to make alcohol - the booze goes gaseous before the water.

I know there are processes to 'deionize' water, as deionized water is what is used in laboratories when absolute pure water is needed. I think reverse osmosis is more or less this type of thing, as even in the labs they often have a 'deionized tap' so there is some process happening there in which the municipal water coming into the building undergoes some further treatment.

As fluoride is an ion dissolved in water deionization is probably your best bet. I imagine distillation might work, you would have to check out at what temperature fluorine/chlorine/whatever element you are trying to get rid of goes gaseous. If its got a lower evaporation point than water you are wasting your time - and it may, water is a pretty energy itnensive substance to boil. I'm also not sure if dissolved ion's can be 'freed' as a gas from within another substance unless the concentration is fairly high i.e. higher than you will find in tap water.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 6 LastLast