Closed Thread
Page 52 of 194 FirstFirst 1 2 42 52 62 102 152 194 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3879

Thread: Welcome to The Pub At the End of the Universe.

1. Link to Post #1021
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,613 times in 1,368 posts

Default Re: Welcome to The Pub At the End of the Universe.

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)
    did someone say 'fight'?
    pffffft, no, there were no lightsabres or swords or anyfink. Just a drunken Sith and a succubus on a lilo, you know how it goes.

Your sig is superb. I love the regularity with which your sig changes. :D

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Calz (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012), modwiz (5th April 2012)

3. Link to Post #1022
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,221 times in 2,274 posts

Quote Posted by songsfortheotherkind (here)
    Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Hey, we broke a thousand, here in the Pub! I bet we're in the off topic forum by the time we reach two thousand. Maybe we can get a sticky, there!
    I challenge anyone to seriously suggest that the ripsnorting levels of intimacy, honesty, virus hacking, connecting, sui generis and Generally Serious Stuff we get into here- inbetween the Epic and Awesome Arsing About- is off topic. Challenge, I say! Pool noodles at midday! Off topic my voluptuous arse. [COLOR="red"]

4. Link to Post #1023
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CurtisW (here)
    Sometimes a little rain does the trick.

Sometimes something a bit more hardcore is required.
    Gorgeous and perfect.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Calz (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012)

6. Link to Post #1024
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by another bob (here)

This was like someone had left me freesias and a circle of stones on my front door step for me to find first thing in the morning. It is a measure of Roy's writing ability that this song sounds just as haunting and magnificent no matter what language it's sung in...

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Alekahn (5th April 2012), another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Cerridwen (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012), Normalguy31 (5th April 2012)

8. Link to Post #1025
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

My Dear Z,

Your children sound like they are true blessings for you, and this is great to hear!

Thank you Bob, kindly

Moreover, how wonderful that you are exploring these matters deeply, but remember that our perspective is dependent on our level of awareness. From our 3-D angle of vision, it is difficult if not well nigh impossible to grasp matters that will seem crystal clear once we move up a few notches in terms of awareness and the amnesia dissolves, and that includes how everything fits together in an amazing web of timeless interdependency, permeated by a love that is utterly unfathomable in its intensity and unconditionality. I have to pause here, because just the mere contemplation of this floods me with an unspeakable wave of ecstatic remembrance.

i hear you

OK, to get a sense about how the process in question works -- the mechanics of both the life review and the next life selection -- I would first recommend studying the extensive research of Dr. Michael Newton into life between lives: http://www.spiritualregression.org/

Yep, I have started already with M Newton, and the one also that he edits from case studies of people who have studied to be Newton Institute practitioners, well put together, the study of this is really very good

I have also lately found the books of Nanci Danison to be enormously informative:
    https://www.amazon.com/Nanci-L.-Dani...uckduckgo-d-20

Nanci also has a youtube channel, where she elaborates on her own nde journey, in which she was allowed to bring back a wealth of pertinent info: https://youtube.com/user/NanciDanison

Good, I will get into this, thanks.

The most important thing I can share -- what I have learned about all this -- is that love is all that matters. The only thing worth doing with this precious life with which we are blessed is to find our own unique way to infuse that living recognition into every single thought, word, and deed. It's the only cure for the mind virus, the only remedy for that desperate emotional contraction at the heart, which would have us live as if we are somehow divided from Source, from each other, and in need of resort to arrogance, selfishness, greed, envy, hatred, blame, and fear.

Love Always

You said it-

Time to hit the sack up here.
    Big thanks again Bob, you are a treasure.
    /Z

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012), songsfortheotherkind (5th April 2012)

10. Link to Post #1026
    United States Avalon Member Cerridwen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 times in 210 posts

One nice thing about hanging out in this pub, besides meeting everyone and laughing while listening to great music, is that I’ve been thinking more about different topics that some of you have brought up. Today I was asking myself what is my Sui Generis? If anyone is interested, here are some of the ramblings my brain came up with this morning on the way into work.

Songs wrote about embracing her more androgynous and masculine natures. That those suit her Sui Generis best. I love that about her. I, on the other hand thrive when I truly embrace my feminine energy. When I step into that feminine power and let it surge through me I can start to understand just how amazing my Self really is.

I’m not talking about using my “feminine wiles” to seduce or otherwise manipulate, I mean standing strong in all that it means to be a woman.

So often though, I get caught up in doing what I think I have to. I forget to do things for myself. I forget who am and what I like about me. I’ve been having a lot of really nasty conversations with the virus lately. It sucks. I know you’ve all been there too.

I’m tired of hearing the virus tell me all of the things I hate about Me so, I’ve listed some things that I do like about myself both inside and out.

I need to create, to nurture, to love, to heal, to shine, to give, to feed, to feel, to be still, to be silly, to dance, to let myself be vulnerable, to listen to my intuition. When I remember to do these things is when I’m the happiest , when I like myself the most.

I like being soft and squishy and curvy.
    I like wearing pretty dresses and heels that make my legs look sexy.
    I like being short. I’m only 5 ft tall.
    I like wearing just enough make up to enhance my looks without looking like I’m trying to hide or mask myself.
    I like that my long hair is always in a messy riot of curls, wild and free. That I can change the color of it if I want to. Right now it’s a dark rich brown that shines red in the sunlight.
    I like that no one can really figure out if my eyes are blue or green or a combination of both depending on my mood at the moment.
    I like that when I allow someone in my personal space they comment that I “always smell so good”.
    I like having a baby face and that no one can guess my real age unless I mention that I have a 21 yr old daughter.
    Yes, “I Enjoy Being a Girl”. *Starts singing that song in her head again*

I love that I can enjoy all of these things about myself without being fake or helpless. If one wants to underestimate me based on my outside looks alone, then they’d be sorely mistaken. *Grins with a devilish gleam in her now greenish eyes*

I also have enough masculine energy flowing through to keep myself healthy and balanced. I’m a Capricorn with Aquarius rising which means I can be bossy and domineering as well as rebellious and eccentric. I’m usually pretty practical, but also have a wild streak that can be coaxed out of me if I’m in the mood. Don’t waste your breath trying to tell me what to do. I’ll either laugh in your face or flip you off with a look. I like to be in charge, but I’m almost always fair. I laugh when friends comment on how patient I am with others, I guess they can’t hear the screaming with frustration in my head.

This is still a work in progress. I’m not used to writing/ typing down stuff about myself like this.

Sigh... I’ve come here to post this a few times already, but keep deleting it. Damn virus. F**k it. Here it goes.

Ok, time to relax in the soapy pool. Someone pass the back scrubber, and bring me a stiff drink pretty please!

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cerridwen For This Post:

Alekahn (5th April 2012), another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Debra (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012), Selene (7th April 2012), songsfortheotherkind (5th April 2012)

12. Link to Post #1027
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Sh!t ... dammit ... why cannot I sleep today???

Okay ... you want NIN???

Best song ... although it always makes me feel "creepy" and "guilty" ... perhaps too many past lives as a Catholic???
    You know what personally creeps me out? Hearing all that Bible stuff in the beginning- I feel genuinely sick. I cannot begin to fathom how anyone can honestly take that religion seriously- do they not actually read the book they're waving around? *shudders* The number of nightmares I had as a child of being tortured and burned at the stake- it took me years until I was able to discover what exactly it was that I was dreaming about...

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Cerridwen (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Debra (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012)

14. Link to Post #1028
    Deactivated
    Thanks

did someone say 'fight'?

*LOVE* Brad's gypsy fighter in this film. There's a part of me that really wants to be able to punch like that. *laughing* I don't actually want to be in a situation where I need it, I simply want to know that it's there, just in case. :D

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Such determination in the face of the virus. *grins hugely* I'll be back soon to reply, I'm catching up on everything else and making my Self some tea.

Quote Posted by Cerridwen (here)
    One nice thing about hanging out in this pub, besides meeting everyone and laughing while listening to great music, is that I’ve been thinking more about different topics that some of you have brought up. Today I was asking myself what is my Sui Generis? If anyone is interested, here are some of the ramblings my brain came up with this morning on the way into work.

Songs wrote about embracing her more androgynous and masculine natures. That those suit her Sui Generis best. I love that about her. I, on the other hand thrive when I truly embrace my feminine energy. When I step into that feminine power and let it surge through me I can start to understand just how amazing my Self really is.

I’m not talking about using my “feminine wiles” to seduce or otherwise manipulate, I mean standing strong in all that it means to be a woman.

So often though, I get caught up in doing what I think I have to. I forget to do things for myself. I forget who am and what I like about me. I’ve been having a lot of really nasty conversations with the virus lately. It sucks. I know you’ve all been there too.

I’m tired of hearing the virus tell me all of the things I hate about Me so, I’ve listed some things that I do like about myself both inside and out.

I need to create, to nurture, to love, to heal, to shine, to give, to feed, to feel, to be still, to be silly, to dance, to let myself be vulnerable, to listen to my intuition. When I remember to do these things is when I’m the happiest , when I like myself the most.

I like wearing just enough make up to enhance my looks without looking like I’m trying to hide or mask myself.
    I like that my long hair is always in a messy riot of curls, wild and free. That I can change the color of it if I want to. Right now it’s a dark rich brown that shines red in the sunlight.
    I like that no one can really figure out if my eyes are blue or green or a combination of both depending on my mood at the moment.
    I like that when I allow someone in my personal space they comment that I “always smell so good”.
    I like having a baby face and that no one can guess my real age unless I mention that I have a 21 yr old daughter.

I love that I can enjoy all of these things about myself without being fake or helpless. If one wants to underestimate me based on my outside looks alone, then they’d be sorely mistaken. *Grins with a devilish gleam in her now greenish eyes*

I also have enough masculine energy flowing through to keep myself healthy and balanced. I’m a Capricorn with Aquarius rising which means I can be bossy and domineering as well as rebellious and eccentric. I’m usually pretty practical, but also have a wild streak that can be coaxed out of me if I’m in the mood. Don’t waste your breath trying to tell me what to do. I’ll either laugh in your face or flip you off with a look. I like to be in charge, but I’m almost always fair. I laugh when friends comment on how patient I am with others, I guess they can’t hear the screaming with frustration in my head.

This is still a work in progress. I’m not used to writing/ typing down stuff about myself like this.

Sigh... I’ve come here to post this a few times already, but keep deleting it. Damn virus. F**k it. Here it goes.

Ok, time to relax in the soapy pool. Someone pass the back scrubber, and bring me a stiff drink pretty please!

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Cerridwen (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012)

16. Link to Post #1029
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Confucius had a dream where he was taken to visit hell. It was not at all like the stories go, and there was no sign of fires or demons. Instead, there was a succulent banquet spread out upon an immense table, and all were gathered around. The problem was, the only way the assembly was allowed to eat the food was with chopsticks 5 feet long. Try as they might, for eternity the inhabitants were unable to lift one bite to their mouths, nor could they ever resolve the problem and so they suffered endless pangs of hunger.

Then Confucius was taken to heaven, but found the same banquet spread out before the diners, yet they too had to contend with 5 foot long chopsticks, only here they lifted the food with those chopsticks into each other's mouths, and all were satisfied.

*lifts chopsticks to your mouth*

Perfect. I knew what it was going to be before I read the last paragraph...

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Alekahn (5th April 2012), another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Cerridwen (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Debra (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012)

18. Link to Post #1030
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,303 times in 5,692 posts

did someone say 'fight'?
    pffffft, no, there were no lightsabres or swords or anyfink. Just a drunken Sith and a succubus on a lilo, you know how it goes.

Your sig is superb. I love the regularity with which your sig changes. :D

glad you like it.

i'm workin the graveyard shift tonight (i feel your pain, Calz) so this'll be my only contribution till tomorrow. for you Songs...

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Alekahn (5th April 2012), another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Cerridwen (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Debra (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Normalguy31 (5th April 2012)

20. Link to Post #1031
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Borden (here)
    (Oh ... just bring it ... any of you. Seriously. If you have questions I have answers, fleshies. Try me.)
    Darn it. It go to work and I missed a great pool fight.
    Not really- nobody got wet at all, in any way whatsoever. *gleams* My idea of a good poolfight involves underwater thrashing, many bodies, folderol with pool noodles and moves either into serious and kickarse lightsabre fights around the pool or in laughter and a puppy pile of hugging while limply hanging onto the edge of the pool. Either works for me, especially when there's sex involved at some point. *huge cheesy grin*

Quote So now I'm intrigued... how much do you want to share Broden?
    *laughing* That sentence looks like you're asking *me* how much I want to share Borden. Fortunately for himself, he's his own Being and can share as much or as little of him Self as he likes. *more giggling*

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Cerridwen (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012), modwiz (5th April 2012)

22. Link to Post #1032
    Deactivated
    Thanks

glad you like it.

i'm workin the graveyard shift tonight (i feel your pain, Calz) so this'll be my only contribution till tomorrow. for you Songs...

*laughing* Superb. It didn't make me throw up in my mouth a little bit at all and that's always a good sign.

It will be good when you get back- check the Blue Room if you're looking for me, I'm kind of liking this whole Posts from the Lilo thing I've got going here at the moment...

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012), modwiz (5th April 2012)

24. Link to Post #1033
    Deactivated
    Thanks

With a few rare exceptions (and some of them deliberately inflicted by yours truly), the quality of music posted on the jukebox in here is definitely noteworthy, this tune included.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to songsfortheotherkind For This Post:

Alekahn (5th April 2012), another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012)

26. Link to Post #1034
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,221 times in 2,274 posts

27. Link to Post #1035
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Borden (here)
    (Oh ... just bring it ... any of you. Seriously. If you have questions I have answers, fleshies. Try me.)
    Darn it. It go to work and I missed a great pool fight.
    Not really- nobody got wet at all, in any way whatsoever. *gleams* My idea of a good poolfight involves underwater thrashing, many bodies, folderol with pool noodles and moves either into serious and kickarse lightsabre fights around the pool or in laughter and a puppy pile of hugging while limply hanging onto the edge of the pool. Either works for me, especially when there's sex involved at some point. *huge cheesy grin*

Quote So now I'm intrigued... how much do you want to share Broden?
    *laughing* That sentence looks like you're asking *me* how much I want to share Borden. Fortunately for himself, he's his own Being and can share as much or as little of him Self as he likes. *more giggling*
    *Starts giggling with you* You're right, it does look like that. I'm going to blame it on being at work and attempting to use my cell phone to post with. It has absolutely nothing to do with Freud. Nope not at all! *Keeps giggling*

How about this? So Borden, now I'm intrigued. Just how much of your story do you want to share?

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cerridwen For This Post:

Calz (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012), songsfortheotherkind (5th April 2012)

29. Link to Post #1036
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

So many nice things said here. Except high heels. Whorish turn off for me. To each their own, but as a body worker and seeing the havoc the shoes wreak on feet and backs, shortening of the Achilles tendon sometimes resulting in an 'addiction' to heels because of atrophied tendons are just a few reasons for it.

In my mind a goddess is flat footed with her full foot on the Earth standing in sober power free from the need to hang her ass in the air anymore than it naturally does so. Natural is beautiful. It is the virus that makes women want to walk around like teetering tarts, IMO.

These are just my sui generis opinions. I understand the programming that has gone into women's and men's heads around certain subjects. Of course high heels catch a man's eyes. They scream "look at my ass and then f**k me". Not too subtle. "I can't run and I'm easy to catch in these silly things".

I am ready to leave the pub if my opinions are seen as too extreme. Songs, your call.
    Last edited by modwiz; 5th April 2012 at 01:30.

30. Link to Post #1037
    Borden

Never drop a light sabre in a swimming pool, that's all I'm saying.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Borden For This Post:

Calz (5th April 2012), Cerridwen (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012), PurpleLama (5th April 2012), songsfortheotherkind (5th April 2012)

32. Link to Post #1038
    United States Avalon Member Normalguy31's Avatar
    Thanks

Not too long ago, in a mom and pop skydiving joint in the mountains, a young man decided to take the plunge for his birthday.

The first time I decided to go skydiving was also the first time I had ever flown in an airplane. Needless to say it was the most terrifying, and liberating thing I have ever done. The feeling I had once I got to the ground was the most blissful, childlike joy I have ever experienced.I was instantly hooked. For the next week the sky was bluer, grass was greener, all the troubles of the human experience were instantly simple. I just didn't give a **** about them anymore Something about risking you life made me feel more alive than ever before.

Since then I have gone through the school, and am now a licensed skydiver. After a day of skydiving my mind is completely silent, something people meditate for a lifetime trying to acheive, and I can get it instantly. It's kind of my way of a loophole to the mind virus you speak of. It's not permanent, and those troubles creep back into my thought pattern after a few days, but for those few days of bliss its amazing. I almost feel like I'm cheating somehow, and I'm going to be punished for having instant gratification. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. I know the risks.

I guess what I'm trying to say is find something you love to do, and ride it like a bull with freshly tugged testicles.

If you haven't gone into free fall at 120mph then you should. IT'S F*CKING AWESOME!!!!
    In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

33. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Normalguy31 For This Post:

Alekahn (5th April 2012), another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Cerridwen (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Katyani (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012), modwiz (5th April 2012), Selene (7th April 2012), songsfortheotherkind (5th April 2012), Spartacus (5th April 2012)

34. Link to Post #1039
    United States Avalon Member Normalguy31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)

So many nice things said here. Except high heels. Whorish turn off for me. To each their own, but as a body worker and seeing the havoc the shoes wreak on feet and backs, shortening of the Achilles tendon sometimes resulting in an 'addiction' to heels because of atrophied tendons are just a few reasons for it.

In my mind a goddess is flat footed with her full foot on the Earth standing in sober power free from the need to hang her ass in the air anymore than it naturally does so. Natural is beautiful. It is the virus that makes women want to walk around like teetering tarts, IMO.

These are just my sui generis opinions. I understand the programming that has gone into women's and men's heads around certain subjects. Of course high heels catch a man's eyes. They scream "look at my ass and then f**k me". Not too subtle. "I can't run and I'm easy to catch in these silly things".

I am ready to leave the pub if my opinions are seen as too extreme. Songs, your call.

Mr. Wizard I didn't think you had it in you. Bravo for your lack of pc. Bravo.
    In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Normalguy31 For This Post:

Alekahn (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012), modwiz (5th April 2012), songsfortheotherkind (5th April 2012)

36. Link to Post #1040
    Thanks

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)

Not too extreme for me at all. I can probably count on one hand how many times I wear heels in a year. When I do, I choose a more sensible type with a nice wedge and they're not high.

I wrote that one down because every day I'm either in flip flops & jeans while running around doing chores, tennis shoes & scrubs while at work or just bare foot and yoga pants at home. Dressing up a bit makes me feel good about me. I just don't do it enough.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cerridwen For This Post:

Alekahn (5th April 2012), another bob (5th April 2012), Calz (5th April 2012), Curt (5th April 2012), Mad Hatter (5th April 2012), Mike (5th April 2012), modwiz (5th April 2012), Normalguy31 (5th April 2012)

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 194 FirstFirst 1 2 42 52 62 102 152 194 LastLast