+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What motivates us..?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Default What motivates us..?

Hi All avalonians and visitors,

What motivates us…?

Here a great video from Cognitive Media, a British Company who thrive to “explore the theory of why and how we do what we do”, what motivates us. It explains the reasons why we may get involved in doing something without “money” if the purpose meets our values.

All my blessings.

Deega

2. Link to Post #2
    Romania Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: What motivates us..?

I posted this a little while ago https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...vates-us-our-h...

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kra (here)
    I posted this a little while ago https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...vates-us-our-h...
    Hi Kra,

Thanks for the information, I don't know what the "administrator" does in "accidental tread on same video content"...? If you don't mind, I will ask him to closed and delete the tread.

All my blessings.

Deega
    Last edited by Deega; 24th July 2010 at 11:44.

4. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

This film confirms some issues that I have worked with for a number of years through NLP. It is commonly agreed on the fact that our values motivate us - even sometimes more than money - money is not a value - its a thing. In NLP there is a model called the "neurological levels" by Robert Dilts. It looks like a pyramid shaped hierarchy that starts with "mission", than "identity", than "values", "skills", "behavior" and "environment" - which is all about how one relates to self, others and the rest of the universe. This model promotes the movement from top down which implies that "mission" is the most import issue on our mental map. That is all about the "purpose of life".

What ever this purpose may be, it is personal and extremely motivating - higher than values. This touches in with the motivation of doing something good for the greater whole. This is evidenced by the woman who one the nobel peace prize for working on getting rid of landmines as weapons of war. She was HIGHLY motivated as private person.

The only thing wrong with this model is that I discovered movement from the bottom up. This bothered me until I discovered that there must be a duality of forces at work here. Therefore this illustration.

Until I figure out how to post images here, I will try to update this later.

We can allow our environment to change our mental map, or we can rule it alone being 100% proactive in the construction of this map. With spiritual knowledge comes a new content to our maps. Especially wanderers are discovering their mission and getting very fired up about it - and yes - we don't get paid!
    Last edited by norwaymike; 25th July 2010 at 14:38.

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norwaymike (here)
    This film confirms some issues that I have worked with for a number of years through NLP. It is commonly agreed on the fact that our values motivate us - even sometimes more than money - money is not a value - its a thing. In NLP there is a model called the "neurological levels" by Robert Dilts. It looks like a pyramid shaped hierarchy that starts with "mission", than "identity", than "values", "skills", "behavior" and "environment" - which is all about how one relates to self, others and the rest of the universe. This model promotes the movement from top down which implies that "mission" is the most import issue on our mental map. That is all about the "purpose of life".

What ever this purpose may be, it is personal and extremely motivating - higher than values. This touches in with the motivation of doing something good for the greater whole. This is evidenced by the woman who one the nobel peace prize for working on getting rid of landmines as weapons of war. She was HIGHLY motivated as private person.

The only thing wrong with this model is that I discovered movement from the bottom up. This bothered me until I discovered that there must be a duality of forces at work here. Therefore this illustration.

Until I figure out how to post images here, I will try to update this later.

We can allow our environment to change our mental map, or we can rule it alone being 100% proactive in the construction of this map. With spiritual knowledge comes a new content to our maps. Especially wanderers are discovering their mission and getting very fired up about it - and yes - we don't get paid!

Thanks NorwayMike for your post, here is a few comments,

Great to know there is an experience NLP expert in this Forum, your comments will be appreciated.

Even if I don’t have the experience of NLP, “mission”, “purpose” remind me of “Strategic Planning” when this concept was so popular a few years back. And they stand as guide-lines to follow.

“Doing something good for the greater whole”, It reminds me of the “oneness” concept, if one lives by this concept, he’s constantly in the motivational mode.

I’ll be waiting for your illustration, thanks.

All my blessings,

Deega

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

I didn't get to finish the video because it kept getting stuck on one part. What I DID see, I LOVED!! I'm going to try again or look for another link.

Thank you for posting!
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

7. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pilotsimone (here)
    I didn't get to finish the video because it kept getting stuck on one part. What I DID see, I LOVED!! I'm going to try again or look for another link.

Thank you for posting!
    Thanks Pilotsimone,

Great to read that you loved the video!

All my blessings.

Deega

8. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Deega (here)
    Hi All avalonians and visitors,

What motivates us…?

Here a great video from Cognitive Media, a British Company who thrive to “explore the theory of why and how we do what we do”, what motivates us. It explains the reasons why we may get involved in doing something without “money” if the purpose meets our values.

All my blessings.

Deega
    What motivates me is the notion that we are ascending to a higher consciousness and receiving crystalline bodies
    lol
    blue

9. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by blue777 (here)
    What motivates me is the notion that we are ascending to a higher consciousness and receiving crystalline bodies
    lol
    blue
    Thanks Blue,

Here are a few comments.

I concur with you that for those who bring about continuous light, transmit vibrations of love to others in need, continue work on reaching up toward giving, helping others, are ascending to a higher consciousness!

On receiving crystalline bodies, I would appreciate knowing more of it, you do have references
    or books to recommend…?, I’m not sure what it is exactly!

All my blessings.

Deega

10. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Deega (here)
    Thanks Blue,

Here are a few comments.

I concur with you that for those who bring about continuous light, transmit vibrations of love to others in need, continue work on reaching up toward giving, helping others, are ascending to a higher consciousness!

On receiving crystalline bodies, I would appreciate knowing more of it, you do have references
    or books to recommend…?, I’m not sure what it is exactly!

All my blessings.

Deega
    Ascension is based on raising the number of our DNA from 2 TO 12, THIS IS RAISING OUR CONSCIOUSNESS , also giving us more powers like sympathetic resonance a form of telepathy linked to our higher selve...but needs mastering and crystallyne bodies to go with this consciousness
    lol
    blue

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by blue777 (here)
    Ascension is based on raising the number of our DNA from 2 TO 12, THIS IS RAISING OUR CONSCIOUSNESS , also giving us more powers like sympathetic resonance a form of telepathy linked to our higher selve...but needs mastering and crystallyne bodies to go with this consciousness
    lol
    blue
    Hi Blue,

Thanks for the response, in my prior post, I had question you left, I would appreciate if you have time to give your ideas (questions) on them!

All my blessings.

Deega

+ Reply to Thread