+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honey, I killed the superbug

1. Link to Post #1
    New Zealand Avalon Member Studeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Honey, I killed the superbug

AUSTRALIAN researchers have been astonished to discover a cure-all right under their noses -- a honey sold in health food shops as a natural medicine.

Far from being an obscure health food with dubious healing qualities, new research has shown the honey kills every type of bacteria scientists have thrown at it, including the antibiotic-resistant "superbugs" plaguing hospitals and killing patients around the world.

Some bacteria have become resistant to every commonly prescribed antibacterial drug. But scientists found that Manuka honey, as it is known in New Zealand, or jelly bush honey, as it is known in Australia, killed every bacteria or pathogen it was tested on.

It is applied externally and acts on skin infections, bites and cuts.

The honey is distinctive in that it comes only from bees feeding off tea trees native to Australia and New Zealand, said Dee Carter, from the University of Sydney's School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences.

Read more...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/hone...-1225737035676
    Destiny comes to those who listen and fate finds the rest. So learn what you can learn. Do what you can do and never give up hope! Marshall's Motto. Peace to all.

2. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Studeo For This Post:

albativo (16th March 2012), Amysenthia (31st March 2012), avid (28th March 2012), Belle (16th March 2012), Bongo (30th March 2012), CdnSirian (16th March 2012), DreamsInDigital (16th March 2012), Eram (2nd April 2012), gypsybutterflykiss (16th March 2012), haibane (16th March 2012), Heart-2-Heart (16th March 2012), heyokah (28th March 2012), HORIZONS (16th March 2012), jjjones (16th March 2012), Khaleesi (16th March 2012), Kristo (16th March 2012), LifeAngel (16th March 2012), Maria Stade (30th March 2012), nenosema (30th March 2012), PHARAOH (21st March 2012), Rainbowbrite (19th April 2012), Realeyes (2nd April 2012), ROMANWKT (16th March 2012), RunningDeer (16th March 2012), Samsara (16th March 2012), scootiep (16th March 2012), silvervioletrubie (29th March 2012), sunnyrap (28th March 2012), Trail (28th March 2012), unicorny (30th March 2012), WhiteFeather (16th March 2012), witchy1 (16th March 2012), Woody (16th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Czech Republic Avalon Member haibane's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Honey, I killed the superbug

Something like that obviously needs to be banned. Right? (^__~ )

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to haibane For This Post:

CdnSirian (16th March 2012), jjjones (16th March 2012), LifeAngel (16th March 2012), RunningDeer (16th March 2012), Studeo (18th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Active Manuka Honey is a staple in my house for healing. When my son was little often colds would go to his ears and he was plagued with ear infectoins until I tried Active Manuka Honey. At the first sign of a sniffly nose or sore throat I would give him one teaspoon last thing at night to kill all the bugs in his throat and we never had to deal with ear infections again.

I usually keep a pot of honey, apple cider vinegar and fresh ginger tea on the woodburner in the winter. It works well as a general tonic to keep away the colds and flu's.

Amazing on burns too. There must be something to it, as it's the only food that never goes off!

Warm wishes.....
    Lee
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."
    Anais Nin

Free Energy Now

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Isthatso For This Post:

Belle (16th March 2012), CdnSirian (16th March 2012), DreamsInDigital (16th March 2012), HORIZONS (16th March 2012), sandy (16th March 2012), Trail (28th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Honey must be raw, unheated, and unfiltered. Otherwise it's just sugar. Real, raw honey truly is a healing food.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Eram (2nd April 2012), heyokah (28th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Darn it, Studeo! Shhhhhh! Not so loud!
    It this gets to the attention of certain agencies, they'll shut this down. Or make it illegal! Everything good for us that's natural, they're making it illegal. Or the elites will hog it for themselves....Or they'll find some way to destroy it so we can't use it....

But I'm glad that you shared this information with us!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Studeo (18th March 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Hi I was wondering if Manuka Honey would help my friend who is suffering terribly with nodular acne??

At the moment she is being prescribed with really stong horrendous medication from the doctors and she is having to deal with really bad side effects.

She really needs to get off that medication and try a natural remedy, anybody here who may have suffered with nodular acne or known somebody and overcome it with natural remedies?

Thanks in advance

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by Studeo (here)
    AUSTRALIAN researchers have been astonished to discover a cure-all right under their noses -- a honey sold in health food shops as a natural medicine.

Far from being an obscure health food with dubious healing qualities, new research has shown the honey kills every type of bacteria scientists have thrown at it, including the antibiotic-resistant "superbugs" plaguing hospitals and killing patients around the world.

Some bacteria have become resistant to every commonly prescribed antibacterial drug. But scientists found that Manuka honey, as it is known in New Zealand, or jelly bush honey, as it is known in Australia, killed every bacteria or pathogen it was tested on.

It is applied externally and acts on skin infections, bites and cuts.

The honey is distinctive in that it comes only from bees feeding off tea trees native to Australia and New Zealand, said Dee Carter, from the University of Sydney's School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences.

Read more...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/hone...-1225737035676
    I have used this, and OMG is it DELICIOUS on top of superficial wound healing.

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Yeah, it's important to know what you are buying. In NZ it's plentiful and you can easily source it raw. The stuff on the supermarket shelves has usually been messed with though.

Warm wishes,
    Lee
    Anais Nin

Free Energy Now

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Isthatso For This Post:

sandy (17th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Since it is raw, does it need to be refrigerated after opening? I had to go to the Wholefood store today anyways, so I picked some up for safe keeping. It's expensive, but well worth it though I'm sure. Also, what does the term,"active 16+" mean? There was an "active 13+" for about five dollars less.
    Last edited by gypsybutterflykiss; 16th March 2012 at 22:16.

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gypsybutterflykiss (here)
    Since it is raw, does it need to be refrigerated after opening? I had to go to the Wholefood store today anyways, so I picked some up for safe keeping. It's expensive, but well worth it though I'm sure. Also, what does the term,"active 16+" mean? There was an "active 13+" for about five dollars less.
    I've never refrigerated honey, I don't imagine you need to as it's self preserving. Check the label and see what it says. Although if it needed refrigeration that would be suspect...imo.

Here's a link that explains a little about the UMF levels which essentially means the higher the number, the higher the antibacterial qualities. I would go for the highest UMF level you could afford and keep it for medicinal purposes.

http://manukahoney.com/resources/umf.html

Warm wishes..
    Lee
    Anais Nin

Free Energy Now

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Isthatso For This Post:

sandy (17th March 2012)

18. Link to Post #11
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,850 times in 21,553 posts

Quote Posted by Isthatso (here)
    I've never refrigerated honey, I don't imagine you need to as it's self preserving.
    That's part of the essence of honey. Bees use it for long term, high density, food storage ... with no refrigeration. So they do what they have to do to make it self preserving. That's why it's such an affective anti-biotic.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Isthatso (17th March 2012)

20. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Oil of Oregano is also helpful when dealing with SuperBugs. It will burn a hole in your tongue though. Be careful and dilute it.

21. Link to Post #13
    Netherlands Avalon Member Trail's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,676 times in 267 posts

This info came right in time

Yesterday my 18 month old son was diagnosed with having a severe throat infection with high fever and the pain goes to his ears. (we thought he had ear infection) The doctor gave us AmoxyCycline (antibiotic) just in case. He said we could wait before turning to the AmoxyCycline about two days to see if his body takes care of the infection by itself while we just give him paracetamol to dampen his 40c fever, as he also doesn't like giving antiobiotics if it isn't absolutely necesary (not such a bad doc )

This morning i bought a pot of (certified biologically produced and 100% pure) Manuka Honey in the health food store and we gave him about half a teaspoon of it. We plan to give him one quarter teaspoon every hour or so and also use the honey in his chamomile tea.

(Around here the Manuka Honey is about three times more expensive as regular biological honey. (maybe around 10 times more expensive than regular honey from the normal supermarket.))

Needless to say he loves his new medicine I don't think we need to go with the antibiotics.

Thanks for this great tip Studeo and IsThatSo,
    ~Trail.
    Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~Maurice Maeterlinck
    Its a rare person who wants to hear what he doesn’t want to hear. – Dick Cavett

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trail For This Post:

Eram (2nd April 2012), Maria Stade (30th March 2012), ThePythonicCow (29th March 2012)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by Isthatso (here)
    Yeah, it's important to know what you are buying. In NZ it's plentiful and you can easily source it raw. The stuff on the supermarket shelves has usually been messed with though.

Warm wishes,
    Lee
    I have never even seen it in my neck of the woods, even at health food stores. I ordered it online,and it indeed was from NZ!! I did not refrigerate it.

24. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,801 times in 2,667 posts

My mum's leg ulcer is healing after multiple applications of 15+ Manuka along with regular clean dressings (she is NOT diabetic btw) at last!!! She was due for a skin-graft op, but hopefully now that will not be necessary.
    Avid
    Last edited by avid; 28th March 2012 at 20:19.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to avid For This Post:

unicorny (30th March 2012)

26. Link to Post #16
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

Thank you ! Great information !
    The planet have given you all that you have !
    What do you give in return ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be the change you wish to see.

27. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

My son's troat infection was gone within a day. No fever, no more paracetamol needed.. gone in a day
    Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~Maurice Maeterlinck

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trail For This Post:

Eram (2nd April 2012)

29. Link to Post #18
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

Quote Posted by Trail (here)
    My son's troat infection was gone within a day. No fever, no more paracetamol needed.. gone in a day
    Thank you for charing that information.
    I found that this Manuka honey is for sale in Sweden 250 gram for about 80 US dollar.
    It say MGO 550 + ... is that good ?
    The planet have given you all that you have !
    What do you give in return ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be the change you wish to see.

30. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

It seems strange to me that this is making news now, because I remember reading basically the same article over 10 years ago...that was how I discovered manuka honey. Whenever my 3 yr old seems a little run down I give him a teaspoon of manuka honey, olive leaf extract and colloidal silver....he's never been sick ...and he loves the taste. My husband and I take it too. oh yeah and I should mention that olive leaf..is wonderful stuff and is known for bringing down fevers.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Maria Stade (30th March 2012), Trail (31st March 2012)

32. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Maria Stade (here)
    Quote Posted by Trail (here)
    Thank you for charing that information.
    I found that this Manuka honey is for sale in Sweden 250 gram for about 80 US dollar.
    It say MGO 550 + ... is that good ?
    Wow thats really really expensive! I wouldn't know what MGO 550+ even means.. my pot of honey costs 14 euros for 450 grams and it just says Biological Manuka Honey.. the salesman in the store said there was another brand that was even more expensive.. costing 20 euros per pot..

80 US for 250 gram.. wow.. someone posted about 15+ Manuka honey, i don't know what that means either.. concentrated?? doesn't that mean its processed?

~Trail.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Trail For This Post:

Maria Stade (31st March 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast