+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Oxnard Trolls: Are They Here Among Us?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member EnergyGardener's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,647 times in 455 posts

Default Re: The Oxnard Trolls: Are They Here Among Us?

Quote Posted by Prodigal Son (here)
    You've all heard of the "hive mind". The subconscious mind is more powerful and wields more influence over our thinking than the vast majority of us have ever imagined. The PTW are adepts at creating the hive mind mentality and they start programming us even before we come out of the womb. So you have an awful lot of people whose subconscious mind will simply not allow for the possibility of a conspiracy so huge that something like 911, for example, can be pulled off. But it doesn't even have to be anything that big. I have a friend who is an airline pilot who fights me tooth and nail denying that chemtrails exist. This is absolute proof that the subconscious mind can prevent you from seeing something that is right in front of your nose.

So I'm not saying that because I don't believe that there are trolls on forums like this one working for 3-letter agencies, I'm just saying that the vast majority of them have nothing to do with any of them and they simply do it for free, with much more passion for their cause than those of us who recognize the conspiracies, to the point that they will fight outside the boundaries of all logic and reason, making complete fools of themselves in order to try and get others to return to their own world of blindness and denial.
    Per my posts on another thread, these "negatives" serve the same purpose here at PA as either TPTW or idiots.

Perhaps the salvation of Project Avalon is a "STAY OFF MY THREAD" button? Then we could have elevated discourse without interference from "any" member that provides unwanted contribution. Consider how much more civil discussions would become if threads were monitored/controlled by the thread author?
    What Happens to Us, Is Less Important, Than; How We React, When It Does
    -and-
    What Happens to Us, Is Less Important, If; We are Prepared, When It Does - US Copyright 2003

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EnergyGardener For This Post:

InCiDeR (25th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 times in 642 posts

Is there some way to block certain IP addresses if we know which ones are home base to these three letter agency trolls?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TWINCANS For This Post:

InCiDeR (25th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,835 times in 413 posts

Quote Posted by EnergyGardener (here)
    Quote Posted by Prodigal Son (here)
    You've all heard of the "hive mind". The subconscious mind is more powerful and wields more influence over our thinking than the vast majority of us have ever imagined. The PTW are adepts at creating the hive mind mentality and they start programming us even before we come out of the womb. So you have an awful lot of people whose subconscious mind will simply not allow for the possibility of a conspiracy so huge that something like 911, for example, can be pulled off. But it doesn't even have to be anything that big. I have a friend who is an airline pilot who fights me tooth and nail denying that chemtrails exist. This is absolute proof that the subconscious mind can prevent you from seeing something that is right in front of your nose.

So I'm not saying that because I don't believe that there are trolls on forums like this one working for 3-letter agencies, I'm just saying that the vast majority of them have nothing to do with any of them and they simply do it for free, with much more passion for their cause than those of us who recognize the conspiracies, to the point that they will fight outside the boundaries of all logic and reason, making complete fools of themselves in order to try and get others to return to their own world of blindness and denial.
    Per my posts on another thread, these "negatives" serve the same purpose here at PA as either TPTW or idiots.

Perhaps the salvation of Project Avalon is a "STAY OFF MY THREAD" button? Then we could have elevated discourse without interference from "any" member that provides unwanted contribution. Consider how much more civil discussions would become if threads were monitored/controlled by the thread author?
    Doesn't this just engender groupthink? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of Avalon? If you're only going to converse with people you know are on the same page as you, then none of your compadres will challenge your thinking, at least not to a very great degree.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to S-L For This Post:

9eagle9 (21st March 2012), D-Day (24th March 2012), InCiDeR (25th March 2012), ljwheat (18th April 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 675 posts

Quote Posted by S-L (here)
    Doesn't this just engender groupthink? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of Avalon? If you're only going to converse with people you know are on the same page as you, then none of your compadres will challenge your thinking, at least not to a very great degree.
    I can see your point. When a person was being considered for Sainthood, the Catholic Church would appoint someone to dig up as much dirt to discredit the person as possible, and it didn't have to be true. This would ensure that anyone chosen for this honor could withstand any and all scrutiny. This appointed mud-slinger became known as the "Devil's Advocate". This type of negative entity is necessary in any dialectic evolutionary refinement process, so yes, I think they are good for the forum. They force those of us on the side of truth to hone our skills and more often than not, their objections cause us to dig up more evidence supporting our argument.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal Son For This Post:

InCiDeR (25th March 2012), ljwheat (18th April 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by TWINCANS (here)
    Is there some way to block certain IP addresses if we know which ones are home base to these three letter agency trolls?
    Yes - we can block IP addresses. We seldom have the useful knowledge to know which to block.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Yes - we can block IP addresses. We seldom have the useful knowledge to know which to block.
    Do you now have that info? Or is there another problem with blocking them?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TWINCANS For This Post:

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Do you now have that info? Or is there another problem with blocking them?
    So far as I know, IP ranges are simply not a reliable way to identify agents of three letter agencies.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Amysenthia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 times in 372 posts

I would still love to get an answer about how a private message that I sent a couple of month ago ended up saying something totally different then what I sent. I thought the person that I PMd sent the message and when I asked what they meant by the "message", which was off colored and referred to something about "panties", I was told that it came from my IP address. So believe me they are here and already infiltrating. There is no way that I sent the message that was shown and I do not believe the other person did either. We have both just blown it off as a whatever moment, but I still can't believe that something like that could happen.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Debra (21st March 2012), InCiDeR (25th March 2012), ljwheat (18th April 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

It just seems to me that forces are working overtime against us here people. I open up threads, and there are certain members who continuously post negative comments and opinions again and again. I can feel their energy with the words typed on the computer screen. It's almost to the point that they want us to break down and start pointing fingers and accusing one another and throwing each other into the flames to burn. there's an old saying- "kill them with kindness"... Oh here's another-" the most powerful way to react to negativity and people who spread it is- NO REACTION!"

It's not just here either. Its everywhere in that big, beautiful world out there.

So, I'm going to say this: to all those out there who make snide and say that love and lighters are filled with angst and have underlying motives. I'm stating, that is not true. Since childhood, I have had an overwhelming need to visualize bands of colours and radiate them everywhere I go.. This came naturally!

It's game on. I've put on my sh$t kickers and I'm
    Not tolerating it anymore.... Within myself- that is the key. Don't allow anybody to control the way you feel. Don't give it to them. This is what I am teaching my young children, this is what I constantly have to remind myself of. Yes, we get angry and feel belittled, but it's what we do with those feelings which is they key. That's how these trolls work. Maybe we just need to, if we can't walk away without defending light- we should just start puking rainbows and butterflies at them. Chins up y'all!

Maybe I should just paste this to every thread that is trying to be invaded...

-Gypsy

Quote Posted by pickle (here)
    It doesn't matter if they are here, they are powerless. They can't change the way we think, the way we are, our hearts and minds. They lost sometime ago.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gypsybutterflykiss For This Post:

EnergyGardener (24th March 2012), InCiDeR (25th March 2012), ljwheat (18th April 2012)

19. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Yes, they have lost. They're kicking and screaming while trying to drag us into the depths of he'll with them.
    ( if there was a smilie puking rainbows I would've
    Used it

They have no power.. They're trying to steal ours.

Quote Posted by gypsybutterflykiss (here)
    It just seems to me that forces are working overtime against us here people. I open up threads, and there are certain members who continuously post negative comments and opinions again and again. I can feel their energy with the words typed on the computer screen. It's almost to the point that they want us to break down and start pointing fingers and accusing one another and throwing each other into the flames to burn. there's an old saying- "kill them with kindness"... Oh here's another-" the most powerful way to react to negativity and people who spread it is- NO REACTION!"

It's not just here either. Its everywhere in that big, beautiful world out there.

So, I'm going to say this: to all those out there who make snide and say that love and lighters are filled with angst and have underlying motives. I'm stating, that is not true. Since childhood, I have had an overwhelming need to visualize bands of colours and radiate them everywhere I go.. This came naturally!

It's game on. I've put on my sh$t kickers and I'm
    Not tolerating it anymore.... Within myself- that is the key. Don't allow anybody to control the way you feel. Don't give it to them. This is what I am teaching my young children, this is what I constantly have to remind myself of. Yes, we get angry and feel belittled, but it's what we do with those feelings which is they key. That's how these trolls work. Maybe we just need to, if we can't walk away without defending light- we should just start puking rainbows and butterflies at them. Chins up y'all!

Maybe I should just paste this to every thread that is trying to be invaded...

-Gypsy

Quote Posted by pickle (here)
    It doesn't matter if they are here, they are powerless. They can't change the way we think, the way we are, our hearts and minds. They lost sometime ago.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gypsybutterflykiss For This Post:

Caren (25th March 2012), EnergyGardener (24th March 2012), InCiDeR (25th March 2012), ljwheat (18th April 2012)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amysenthia (here)
    I would still love to get an answer about how a private message that I sent a couple of month ago ended up saying something totally different then what I sent.
    Looking back through the web server logs just now, and through the Reported Visitor Message (not Private Message) that you filed when that happened, I can see that you were logged on, from your usual IP address, and continuously active between 29/Dec/2011:14:01:44 -0600 and 29/Dec/2011:14:33:39 -0600 (times are in the server timezone, Chicago, USA). You made a post here at 29/Dec/2011:14:09:29 -0600, and you posted the visitor message in question at 29/Dec/2011:14:33:39 -0600.

The web server log does not show the content of any posts or messages. It only shows datetime stamps, IP addresses, and which web server pages were accessed (GET) or updated (POST). The web server log time stamps do match up exactly with both the above linked post of yours, and the Visitor Message on the another members profile page, from you, that you subsequently Reported to us.

I have no idea how it came to be that that Visitor Message came to be Posted from your login session and IP address at that time. I can only surmise that something on your end sent it, and that due to some unidentified confusion, it is no longer known how that came to be. I see zero evidence or possible means for this to be due to any infiltration of the Project Avalon web server.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

I appreciate your looking into this. Another administrator did it at the time of the incident and came to the same conclusions that you did. However, I assure you that "I DID NOT SEND THAT MESSAGE AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT ANYONE ELSE HAD ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER TO DO SO". I had not walked away but I saw my screen flash on the computer while I was PMing and then that message appeared. That is why I thought it had been posted by the person I was PMing, then I realized that it showed that it came from me. I was totally astounded by that, and a bit freaked out about how that could happen. So I don't doubt that you see what you see, I am just reiterating that the message was not sent from me.

Thank you again for your response. I know that on my part I do believe that somehow my account was infiltrated on that day. Kind of like seeing a UFO, if you aren't the one seeing it nobody wants to believe that you saw what you saw.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

InCiDeR (25th March 2012), ljwheat (18th April 2012), Sidney (24th March 2012)

25. Link to Post #33
    Czech Republic Avalon Member Quantum Logic's Avatar
    Thanks

I appreciate your looking into this. Another administrator did it at the time of the incident and came to the same conclusions that you did. However, I assure you that "I DID NOT SEND THAT MESSAGE AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT ANYONE ELSE HAD ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER TO DO SO". I had not walked away but I saw my screen flash on the computer while I was PMing and then that message appeared. That is why I thought it had been posted by the person I was PMing, then I realized that it showed that it came from me. I was totally astounded by that, and a bit freaked out about how that could happen. So I don't doubt that you see what you see, I am just reiterating that the message was not sent from me.

Thank you again for your response. I know that on my part I do believe that somehow my account was infiltrated on that day. Kind of like seeing a UFO, if you aren't the one seeing it nobody wants to believe that you saw what you saw.
    Are you using a wireless connection? The reason I ask is that it is very easy to have your IP address and MAC address cloned, so it would be recorded as the message being sent from yourself. Wireless internet, while convenient, is the most insecure way to connect. All it takes is someone to look inside your router for your IP & MAC, clone them, and post away- all the while appearing to be yourself.

QL
    The world needs what we can be when we are no longer afraid; when we know who we are, and why we are, and what we want; when we are no longer looking for reasons to live, but can simply be.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quantum Logic For This Post:

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Quantum Logic (here)

Are you using a wireless connection? The reason I ask is that it is very easy to have your IP address and MAC address cloned, so it would be recorded as the message being sent from yourself. Wireless internet, while convenient, is the most insecure way to connect. All it takes is someone to look inside your router for your IP & MAC, clone them, and post away- all the while appearing to be yourself.

QL
    As a matter of fact Quantum, Yes I was at that time. Thank you for mentioning this. I had a discussion with an IT friend when this happened and they said the same thing. After that incident I unplugged my wireless router and went back to DSL.

Hope you are well thanks for giving me some credit back.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

InCiDeR (25th March 2012), Quantum Logic (24th March 2012)

29. Link to Post #35
    Czech Republic Avalon Member Quantum Logic's Avatar
    Thanks

One of the largest problems occurring along these lines now are ISP's, especially cable companies like Comcast and others, offering internet services through wireless. This is not a good option because many times, after running a tracert, you find the wireless routers they are using are not encrypted. Not only that, but usually they have left the user name and password to log directly into the router at the factory default settings. All it takes is looking up the model of the hardware on the router manufacturer's website, looking at the pdf of the manual for that hardware to find the login information that was preset at the factory. You can then go in and look at everyone currently connected to that router, including IP and MAC addresses. It is a disturbing trend that the ISP's are running wide open like that, placing user's security at risk. I will NEVER use wireless again.

You may also want to consider using Comodo or some other software firewall, as it will allow you to see, in real-time, exactly the ingoing and outgoing connections, along with the ports being used, by applications on your system and outside systems attempting to access yours.

Everyone needs to be aware of how this works, otherwise you are at great risk of nefarious acts.

QL
    The world needs what we can be when we are no longer afraid; when we know who we are, and why we are, and what we want; when we are no longer looking for reasons to live, but can simply be.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quantum Logic For This Post:

InCiDeR (25th March 2012), ljwheat (18th April 2012), ponda (25th March 2012), Sidney (24th March 2012)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by Quantum Logic (here)
    One of the largest problems occurring along these lines now are ISP's, especially cable companies like Comcast and others, offering internet services through wireless. This is not a good option because many times, after running a tracert, you find the wireless routers they are using are not encrypted. Not only that, but usually they have left the user name and password to log directly into the router at the factory default settings. All it takes is looking up the model of the hardware on the router manufacturer's website, looking at the pdf of the manual for that hardware to find the login information that was preset at the factory. You can then go in and look at everyone currently connected to that router, including IP and MAC addresses. It is a disturbing trend that the ISP's are running wide open like that, placing user's security at risk. I will NEVER use wireless again.

You may also want to consider using Comodo or some other software firewall, as it will allow you to see, in real-time, exactly the ingoing and outgoing connections, along with the ports being used, by applications on your system and outside systems attempting to access yours.

Everyone needs to be aware of how this works, otherwise you are at great risk of nefarious acts.

QL
    It seems as though we are given these modern technologies so we can turn around and screw ourselves with it.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,082 times in 632 posts

Mission:

Divide and conquer an alternative media forum without letting them know. Provoke disagrement and confusion.

10 steps how to do it efficiently

1. Study the object and its content closely.
    2. Learn the natural flow and choice of words and what subjects that draw the members attention.
    3. Create a new account and become a member.
    4. Do not use same IP-range if you are many.
    4. Interact to learn more of the members and how they react.
    5. Make friends
    6. Learn which members are the "hidden" leaders and whose words are considered valuable and resonate with many members. Learn their way of speak.
    7. Befriend the "leaders".
    8. Try to get a bit personal with the leaders.
    9. Offer the leaders "enough" money or push the right triggers to take over their account, especially the accounts that been around for long time. Otherwise buy the account of anyone who is about to leave. Clone MAC and IP-adress.
    10. Start the mission.

During all the above

Collect INTEL
    Log every PM and interaction between the major players of the forum
    (I promise you, you can not even fathom what technique "they" have)
    Use the information wisely, sometimes "leak the information" under the right circumstances to create confusion and misstrust.

In 3-6 months, mission completed.
    Last edited by InCiDeR; 25th March 2012 at 02:01.
    I don't necessarily believe what I think,
    neither do I always think what I believe

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InCiDeR For This Post:

blufire (18th April 2012), heyokah (25th March 2012), Mozart (18th April 2012)

35. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

The Trolls Hath Entered Thine Forum. This is a good example of it.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...n-to-Bill-Ryan
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Earth Angel (18th April 2012), ljwheat (18th April 2012)

37. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Forevernyt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,759 times in 421 posts

Got Trolls?

There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick.

38. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,570 times in 870 posts

The very word or thought a troll, what about the trolls at the tippy top of the chain of command? POPE, Presidents, CEO’s, the hole object of a mole or troll is to work its way up the ladder, the higher the safer, and more pull or clout and authority to were no one questions its actions. In everything on this planet has been compromised, that’s why we can’t get rid of the problem there in to many high, medium, and low places. To often we only concentrate on the little guy set up by the bigger guy to take the fall, pushing the experienced troll a little higher. You need to look up once in a while there not all under our feet. Some are even in space LOL and beyond.

Just have to suck it up and stay true to one’s self. Grow some hair. Be solid as a rock in your belief system. Hold the fort, remember the Alamo, watch late night with Coenan O’Brian. Or Big Bang theory, lighten up, and forget about a witch hunt, stay the course.

The energy given to this topic is to much already ya think? The real meat and potato’s are getting cold. Leave the garbage in the can it came in on-- it will start to smell eventually and draw fly’s,-- unless its described as the main course that is. Any way good thread that’s just my piece of the pie. Moving on. John XXX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast