+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sweden moving to cashless society

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: Sweden moving to cashless society

The problem is that you will always need to have a method of carrying around more than a given amount of 'value' in order to exchange 'value'.

As soon as you have more than a few people, and have hunger, food, protection, housing, etc...as soon as you have those things in an environment of many people as individuals, you will need this method of value variability... and transaction.

This is inescapable.

Money is an issue yes.

However, WHO and WHAT controls money has always been the core issue at hand.

Basically, human social and cultural structure, freedom, -and-... 'cashless societies'..are not compatible. At all.

the only two things I know of that are cashless, are prison, and slavery.
    Last edited by Carmody; 21st March 2012 at 03:08.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

D-Day (21st March 2012), InCiDeR (21st March 2012), jorr lundstrom (21st March 2012), Mad Hatter (23rd March 2012), NeverMind (21st March 2012), Seikou-Kishi (21st March 2012), seko (21st March 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Heather2017's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,834 times in 333 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    ...the only two things I know of that are cashless, are prison, and slavery.
    Just a different form of currency in each case, Carmody.
    As we free ourselves, we free others.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heather2017 For This Post:

Debra (21st March 2012), Mad Hatter (23rd March 2012), Seikou-Kishi (21st March 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Heather2012 (here)
    Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    ...the only two things I know of that are cashless, are prison, and slavery.
    Just a different form of currency in each case, Carmody.
    It's not a different form of currency, it's a different form of existing. Highly contracted, and limited. All doorways, all pathways locked. No reason for existing. A tool. A thing, to be, in totality, for someone or something else.

A cashless society with what is in charge now, still being in charge, is in actuality, slavery. A box with walls that are slightly further away than real slavery and real prison. But not by much.

My last life was one of slavery, in the specific. I remember it all too well.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (21st March 2012), Debra (21st March 2012), DoubleHelix (25th March 2012), Heather2017 (21st March 2012), Mad Hatter (23rd March 2012), NeverMind (21st March 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Solstyse's Avatar
    Thanks

A true cashless society would be the barter system.
    I.E. I will fix your plumbing for 3 chickens.
    Let me help you build your house for 3 bundles of home grown potatoes.

Making paper or coin money into plastic, isn't really a cashless society, its just a different form of the same thing.
    Believing in Darwin's theoretical mechanisms of evolution is like believing that a hurricane can blow through a junkyard and build a Boeing 747.---Fred Hoyle.
    There's no fulfillment in a lazy nation, that keeps feeding out infatuation with the idea of being famous.-Eyedea

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Solstyse For This Post:

Debra (21st March 2012), InCiDeR (21st March 2012), jorr lundstrom (21st March 2012), Mad Hatter (23rd March 2012), Moz (21st March 2012), NeverMind (21st March 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    Netherlands Avalon Member Paranormal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by xbusymom (here)
    Quote Posted by D-DAY (here)
    To me, not having a monetary system OF ANY KIND would be the first step towards enabling humanity to once-and-for-all experience what it TRULY means to be free.
    another good point!! we CAN turn their plans for a cashless (and controlled) society on its -@Rs$% and quietly work on becoming a moneyless society (and we don't even have to RISE UP in protest). I may sound like a broken record, but I am going to say it again in case someone hasn't heard of the reason behind the timebanks and charity movement...

timebanks and volunteer charity organizations are not subject to taxation or the DOLLAR valuation... the key is in the intent and motive of anything donated to another person... it is NOT a legal contract of payment (trade/barter/etc.) for services/items purchased....
    I'm not sure if it would be possible to turn their cashless society around. Even if you are living self-sufficiently on your land - how will you pay your taxes? How will you pay for emergency dental or healthcare? I guarantee we won't find all trades-people to live with us like dentists, builders, etc. and even if we could they'd have to buy materials, tools, etc. We have to work on preventing a cashless society by opting out and not complying - I doubt enough people would join in as they are like prisoners on the train to Auschwitz - not knowing what's ahead.
    "There will be in the next generation or so a pharmacological method [FLOURIDE, ANTI-DEPRESANTS…] of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears… producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it [AFTER 9/11]." - Aldous Huxley 1961 speech:"Contented with your servitude"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paranormal For This Post:

Mad Hatter (23rd March 2012), NeverMind (21st March 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Quote And the smart thinkers on this forum suggest the solution is???
    I don't know if it's a solution, but it is an inevitable and obvious step towards preventing it: use cash, relentlessly and multitudinously.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Mad Hatter (23rd March 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by NeverMind (here)
    I don't know if it's a solution, but it is an inevitable and obvious step towards preventing it: use cash, relentlessly and multitudinously.
    Not much of a smart thinker but hard money?

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Quote Posted by risveglio (here)
    Obviously, that's what I meant.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Mad Hatter (23rd March 2012)

16. Link to Post #29
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by risveglio (here)
    Obviously, that's what I meant.
    Sorry, head is not on straight today.

17. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

To me, not having a monetary system OF ANY KIND would be the first step towards enabling humanity to once-and-for-all experience what it TRULY means to be free.
    Having a resource-based system where fairness, equality and respect (for humainty and the environment) are the key factors in determining allocation and distribution of resources would be the ideal way forward (at the very least it would be a good place to start).
    We have the ability NOW to create such a world, a world of abundance where nobody wants for anything, where ALL people have access to the basic necessitites of life like food, water, shelter, energy, education, health care, transportation etc.
    The reason this is not part of our current reality is because of the greedy, self-righteous basards sitting at the top of existing power structure who horde and monopolize all the worlds resources for their own monetary gain, while deceiveiving the rest of us into believing we live in a world of scarcity.
    A world where the majority of us are forced to work ourselves into the ground just to earn enough MONEY to survive (as slaves essentially) in the society THEY designed and created for us.
    Yes that's right, we're alredy slaves!
    We don't need chips to achieve that social status because we're allready there... don't even try to fool yourself into thinking we're not.
    The only difference between us and the slaves of the past is that the slaves of the past didn't have to pay for their own living expenses.
    Modern day slaves (us) not only have to work like slaves but we also have to pay for all our own living expenses as well.
    Then on top of that we pay interest for the things that we need (want) but can't afford to buy outright.
    And who does that interest/MONEY go to?
    Yeah, that's right... it goes to the rich, greedy fat cats sitting at the top of the control structure.
    What a friggin' joke we've allowed ourselves to become!
    Anyways, instead of worrying about the impending doom of nano-chips etc, we'd do much better to concern ourselves with figuring out a way to depose the greedy leeches who are dominating, exploiting, manipulating, deceiving and distrespecting (the rest of) humanity and this planet.
    We have the power and numbers to take back our freedom now, and we could do it tomorrow if we REALLY wanted to.
    If only we believed in ourselves enough to actually start standing up for what we ALL know is right and just... instead of sitting back in apathy waiting for someone (or something) else to come along and take care of everything for us.
    I really wish humanity, as a collective, would wake up, get wise, get off its knees, RISE UP, and take back control of of its own destiny!
    One day, maybe... I live in constant hope (and apathy ).
    Hi D-Day I agree with absolutely everything you said in your post EXCEPT your first sentence. That's fair is it not? There is no way I could prove me correct or you false. Just a feeling that's all.
    We more or less agree.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

D-Day (21st March 2012), Mad Hatter (23rd March 2012)

19. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Quote Posted by Seikou-Kishi (here)
    Quote Posted by aranuk (here)
    Cash means freedom for gods sake. When cash disappears so does freedom. If money becomes totally digital we are slaves.

Stan
    Cash means freedom?... hmmm, not from where I'm standing.
    I think you're reading Stan's comment out of context; if you look, after he has said that 'cash means freedom', he also says that digital money means we are slaves. If I were to give my interpretation of what he means, I would say that he means while physical money exists, we have a degree of control over it but once it becomes completely computerised, our money (which would have no independent existence the way paper and metal money do) can be edited, deleted or blocked without any defence on our part.

Has this person stepped out of line? Delete his money and shut him up. If you have notes in your hands and coins in your pocket, they can't suddenly invalidate that (though they try to do it in general terms with inflation).

That would be my interpretation of what Stan said; rather than cash meaning freedom, I would say he meant that physically existent cash at least has more freedom to it than computerised, virtual cash.
    Hi Olly you understood what I meant. I couldn't have expanded better than you did. I wasn't making a pitch to glorify money, I was inferring that digital monetery system will shackle us once and for all.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Mad Hatter (23rd March 2012), Seikou-Kishi (22nd March 2012)

21. Link to Post #32
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Well, Ill borrow a picture. If we imagine that we put all commodities,
    food, water, shelter, clothes and other things humans
    want in the right pan on a scale like those below, and in
    the left pan we are used to put money or sth corresponding to balance
    the scale.
    I sugggest that wot shoud be put in the left pan is human needs, true
    needs. If there is a need, there are some who has surplus of wot an
    other human needs. No need for money or anything that can be
    hijacked.
    Of course this is a vision and can be put into practise right now among
    those in our near surroundings.

All is well

Jorr

22. Link to Post #33
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Just as an anecdote:
    I was in a hurry a few weeks ago.
    I needed a $100 dollar bill broken into smaller units.
    I went to my bank where they all know me.
    I hurried up to the teller and said I needed this 100 broken up. She said please put your card in the reader and we'll deposit the 100 then you can withdraw twenties or whatever. I said, but I'm in a hurry, just break the hundred, thanks. She refused. I said that they cannot refuse as this is legal tender in Canada. She said how could they know it was not counterfeit and who to blame for it otherwise. I said that is not my problem and that if they found the matter of counterfeit money so debilitating maybe they should try another line of work. She was unfazed.
    I gave up and used my card...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

jorr lundstrom (24th March 2012)

24. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I gave up and used my card...
    you caved in too soon... I would have let go of the schedule and asked to see a supervisor... taken it to the final round... politely insisted on good service from my bank.

anyway thats what I would have done.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to xbusymom For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (25th March 2012)

26. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Seems like im the only one doing it wrong.

27. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Quote Posted by YoungSoul (here)
    Seems like im the only one doing it wrong.
    Not necessarily... only you can decide if you need to be bolder or if you are doing exactly what you are meant to be doing and are ready for.!!

28. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

This is just one step away from making EVERYTHING free! I know TPTW won't like the idea because all their power and control would be gone.
    Hey, I like it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2