Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 8

Thread: Iranians we love you - say the Israelis

1. Link to Post #141
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Default Re: Iranians we love you - say the Israelis

Hi everyone.

I'm almost 55 years old, and they say old dogs can't learn new tricks. With the help of my Iranian friend and co-worker, I did. At work, I have developed, over the years, a prickly demeanor. I have a big mouth and I use it to stir up crap. I often make enemies at work because of it.

My friend showed me how to use my straight-up talk in a humorous way to make allies instead of enemies. And he did this for me after I used my old tactics on him. But instead of getting mad at me or shunning me or making my work life a misery, he took me under his wing. This man is incredibly charismatic and everyone likes him. Now, when I don't like what someone is doing I make a joke of it and soon things right themselves.

It has changed my life and I am grateful to this man of Iranian decent.

So stop the war-mongering. Iranians, I love you. May you live in peace.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Knowrainknowrainbows! (23rd December 2012), Limor Wolf (28th March 2013), meeradas (27th April 2013), Melinda (23rd December 2012), Orph (22nd May 2013), seko (11th July 2014), ThePythonicCow (23rd December 2012), william r sanford72 (18th April 2013)

3. Link to Post #142
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Blessed are the peace makers.

4. Link to Post #143
    Thanks

Default Re: 'Iranians, we love you' - say the Israelis

Love removes boundries , hatress build them even inside the same country.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rania For This Post:

Limor Wolf (19th April 2013), Melinda (19th April 2013), Orph (22nd May 2013), PathWalker (18th April 2013), seko (11th July 2014)

6. Link to Post #144
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

This movement lost momentum a few years ago (maybe it did help though by postponing their plans since they need the people's consent, whether conscious or subconscious, to move forward w/ war). Please let's give it the energy it needs to thrive this time! I know my family in Iran just wants to be free and peaceful. They want to be friends with the Israeli people.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soda For This Post:

Limor Wolf (21st May 2013), Melinda (20th May 2013), Orph (22nd May 2013)

8. Link to Post #145
    Thanks

Dear Limor,
    What a wonderful thread you started.
    Most people don't want or comprehend war and hate.
    More wisdom is what we need in these times and I really feel we are getting there.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orion197 For This Post:

Limor Wolf (21st May 2013), Melinda (12th July 2014)

10. Link to Post #146
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Many thanks, Orion197 and people who left their comments here. This issue touches our hearts more than anything. I was only the one to report about it.
    Theses days things escalates again and hopefully love will win over fear. As people we only want to live our lives peacefully and to be acknowledged and acknowledge others, but there is so much more that we can do with each other, we can build a new world which is based on mutual purposes, cooperation and effection. And so it shall be
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 11th July 2014 at 19:01.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Calz (21st May 2013), Melinda (12th July 2014), Orion197 (23rd May 2013), Orph (22nd May 2013), PathWalker (21st May 2013), sandy (22nd May 2013), ThePythonicCow (21st May 2013)

12. Link to Post #147
    Retired
    Thanks

Overcoming despair to keep hope alive as Middle East war breaks out again

By Nadia Nasanovsky

BuenosAiresHerald.com staff

Amid a faltering US-lead peace process, war has broken out again in the decades-long Israel-Palestine conflict, and this time even the most fervent peace advocates seem disheartened.

Speaking with Buenosairesherald.com, Ronny Edry, an Israeli graphic designer that became worldwide known in 2012 for his “Israel Loves Iran” campaign cannot hide his despair for this “new cycle of war”. Edry’s advocacy began almost by accident, with a photo of him and his daughter with a message of love that he posted on Facebook, and then turned into a global movement for peace and in a full-fledged organization called the Peace Factory.

Tension between Palestine and Israel has mounted in the past couple of weeks after the kidnapping and killing of three Israeli teens, followed by a revenge murder of a 16-year old Palestinian youth who was burnt alive. The killings led to a surge of violence with rocket launchings into Israel and air strikes in the Gaza strip.

Edry answers the videoconference call from Buenosairesherald.com at his home, in Tel Aviv, in a hot summer night, right after making plans to find refuge for his family in bomb shelters. “Today is a bad day,” he says, unnecessarily apologising for his gloomy mood.

“But it is like this every summer in Israel: it is hot, it is sweaty and it is war, always,” he adds with a bitter laughter.

In times when everyone seems to be calling for revenge and blood, you post a Facebook picture reminding your “friends on the other side of the fence” [referring to the about 500 km-long wall that separates Israel from the Palestines in the West Bank] that you love them. How does that work?

Not so good so far. The situation right now is quite intense. We are in the middle of a cycle of intense violence, you can really feel it from the Arab side but also from the Israeli side.

It is hard, because the minute you say something you have thousands coming after you saying “Are you blind?” or “They’re trying to kill us and you are friends with them?”.

It’s been over two years since you started actively campaigning for peace, what have you achieved so far?

We opened a door for people to realize that they’re not alone, that there is someone on the other side. We make connections on the people level. Now it is rather common for Israelis to have friends in Lebanon, Iran, Palestine or Turkey when three years ago it was impossible. That’s the long run, that is, I think, how you change people’s minds. Slowly you show them that we are not that different.

We need the good people to stand up and get out and say something. The only voices [being heard] are the bad voices. We need to make people realize that they can do something, that there is no curse forcing us to be forever at war.

How would you describe the general feeling on Israel’s streets these days?

[Political] leaders are tapping on people’s pain to get more votes. Instead of easing down the situation and showing leadership and that they can make the ones responsible for the teens crimes pay and work on a long term solution, they did the opposite: they blamed Hamas, they bombed Gaza and they just started the war that we are having now.

And the same thing happens on the other side. All governments and the Hamas leadership are working on the same direction. It is almost like they were working together, like they had the same agenda, to get us all killed at the end of the day. They just want to kill each other, not a solution.

You can read the rest, Here:
    http://www.buenosairesherald.com/art...eaks-out-again

Blessings ~

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 11th July 2014 at 21:11.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

araucaria (11th July 2014), Bill Ryan (21st September 2018), Billy (11th July 2014), Hervé (11th July 2014), Melinda (12th July 2014), seko (11th July 2014)

14. Link to Post #148
    Thanks

Lovely thread limor wolf,appreciate the message.Gonna hug you all
    Last edited by Rhogar; 5th October 2018 at 05:16.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rhogar For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd September 2018), Billy (23rd September 2018), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2018), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2018), ThePythonicCow (23rd September 2018)

16. Link to Post #149
    Retired
    Thanks

Delighted that you read it and know of the thousands mirrors of illusions shattering at this time in the form of false separation. Big Hug

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd September 2018), Billy (23rd September 2018), Rhogar (5th October 2018), ThePythonicCow (23rd September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 8