+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone Sabotage or Am I Paranoid?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,652 times in 513 posts

Default Cell Phone Sabotage or Am I Paranoid?

I don’t want to seem paranoid or foolish, but I might, and will risk it for your input.

2 months ago, I noticed that my cell phone began to bother my ear and hand with a tickling sensation. I let this go for several weeks until I couldn’t stand it. I went to ATT and said, “I think my cell phone is leaking radiation”. Ha Ha Ha and “I’ve never heard of a cell phone doing that”, was the reaction.

Part of the mystery is that my daughter has the exact same phone (and talks 3x the minutes I do). I asked her and her dad to check it out, and they said there wasn’t anything different with her phone.

So, I changed phones. I went to a Android Smartphone (because I’m thinking about my future business needs) rather than iPhone. Now, I feel like this sensation is happening again.

Last night, I read Kerry’s blog and found this information posted:
    CELL PHONES USED IN CONNECTION WITH PROJECT ARCHANGEL

linked here on Stew Webb's site

"...We can reveal that the U.S. NSA (National Security Agency) has been fingered in using laser radiation technology to interfere with and contaminate cell phones of American citizens. The program is called "Archangel" and is funded directly on behalf of the NSA through Pentagon defense procurement programs." -- Stew Webb
    SO HERE’S MY QUESTION
    IS IT POSSIBLE WE ON THIS FORUM COULD BE TARGETED WITH SUCH A THING? I don’t hide my IP address, therefore; anything could be happening.

If the answer you give me is that it’s probably my imagination/paranoia, then please suggest what else this could be. Thanks.
    Last edited by Alie; 25th March 2012 at 12:23.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Alie For This Post:

alxz (25th March 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), Cartomancer (7th April 2012), Debra (8th April 2012), ginnyk (25th March 2012), Mad Hatter (25th March 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th April 2012), seko (25th March 2012), spiritguide (25th March 2012), truth4me (25th March 2012), varuna (26th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Default Re: Cell Phone Sabotage or Am I Paranoid?

I don't like using a mobile phone as a phone to my ear and mainly use mine hands-free, to text, take photos and as an appointment diary.
    These phones can get really hot if held against the ear and your skin may be more sensitive than other peoples'. I know that ovens can be tested for microwave leakage- I can't see why phones couldn't too!
    I have never heard of Archangel, but it is not difficult to interfere with mobile phones, (the older ones were worse). A letter in the mail is still the safest way to send information!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Alie (25th March 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), Mad Hatter (25th March 2012), seko (25th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 times in 828 posts

Alie,

I think we are all targets of multi facetted EMR tactics. Cell phones are powerful emitters and humans can and do shift in their susceptibilities. My most trusted health source recommends comprehensive nutrition. If one cannot study scholarly articles or helpful websites, then i would advise consultation with an expert, liscenced nutritionist, (naturopaths also would be my pref here). I would expect that improving one's nutritional profile is the best start and could result in good relief. Though living in todays slave-camp cities does present strong EMF fields 24/7....

wavy and perhaps a little crazy

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

Alie (25th March 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), Mad Hatter (25th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 times in 352 posts

Quote Posted by Alie (here)
    I don’t want to seem paranoid or foolish, but I might, and will risk it for your input.

2 months ago, I noticed that my cell phone began to bother my ear and hand with a tickling sensation. I let this go for several weeks until I couldn’t stand it. I went to ATT and said, “I think my cell phone is leaking radiation”. Ha Ha Ha and “I’ve never heard of a cell phone doing that”, was the reaction.

Part of the mystery is that my daughter has the exact same phone (and talks 3x the minutes I do). I asked her and her dad to check it out, and they said there wasn’t anything different with her phone.

So, I changed phones. I went to a Android Smartphone (because I’m thinking about my future business needs) rather than iPhone. Now, I feel like this sensation is happening again.

Last night, I read Kerry’s blog and found this information posted:
    CELL PHONES USED IN CONNECTION WITH PROJECT ARCHANGEL

linked here on Stew Webb's site

"...We can reveal that the U.S. NSA (National Security Agency) has been fingered in using laser radiation technology to interfere with and contaminate cell phones of American citizens. The program is called "Archangel" and is funded directly on behalf of the NSA through Pentagon defense procurement programs." -- Stew Webb
    SO HERE’S MY QUESTION
    IS IT POSSIBLE WE ON THIS FORUM COULD BE TARGETED WITH SUCH A THING? I don’t hide my IP address, therefore; anything could be happening.

If the answer you give me is that it’s probably my imagination/paranoia, then please suggest what else this could be. Thanks.
    If you are targeted or not is probably hard to verify, but for sure it's no longer paranoid to expect such a thing.

Maybe i can offer you a bit of comfort by lettning you know that we both experience a degree of this tickling sensation while using our cellphones. The cellphone fashion as of late, does not at all please me, therefore i still hold on to the simple old model of "Nokia 3310". This phone, probably isn't receptive to any greater harm than wire-tapping. With this in mind you could calm yourself at least a little bit.

But then again, we can't rule out the dangers of strong radio waves emitted by all cellphones, old or new, targeted or not.
    Last edited by Magnus; 25th March 2012 at 13:16.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Magnus For This Post:

Alekahn (25th March 2012), Alie (25th March 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), Bo Atkinson (25th March 2012), gripreaper (25th March 2012), Mad Hatter (25th March 2012), Realeyes (25th March 2012), seko (25th March 2012), spiritguide (25th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member bodhii71's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 times in 230 posts

I worked as a journeyman electrician for many years until a back injury, but I became sensitive to electromagnetic fields such as being too close to florescent lighting or near larger switch gears. I don't own a cell phone, nor do I want one, I personally don't think they are safe. I think it is very possible to alter the normal function of brain waves, intentional or not. Coupled with all the other electronic devices we are subject to, it isn't paranoid to question how they might affect our bodies.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bodhii71 For This Post:

Alekahn (25th March 2012), Alie (25th March 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), Bo Atkinson (25th March 2012), DarMar (25th March 2012), Holly Lindin (25th March 2012), Mad Hatter (25th March 2012), Magnus (25th March 2012), Realeyes (25th March 2012), seko (25th March 2012), spiritguide (25th March 2012), Vrilya (26th March 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

I feel it as well, after talking for a few minutes.

Now I use a land line instead. I use my mobile phone only when I can not use a land line.

When using the mobile, I use the speaker now, so i don't have to put it on my ear or head when I talk, still close to my head, but that stopped the tickling sensation.
    Breathe in the air

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

Alekahn (25th March 2012), Alie (25th March 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), Bo Atkinson (25th March 2012), Ellisa (26th March 2012), heyokah (25th March 2012), Holly Lindin (25th March 2012), Mad Hatter (25th March 2012), Magnus (25th March 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th April 2012), Spirithorse (25th March 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 times in 395 posts

Since those very first car cellphones went into public there was talks about them being harmfull. Every now and than there was article that is radiating microvawes and is not good for brainvawes. Tbh. i never liked cells too much and had felt very same issue you do. After some short talking i had strange feeling on that side of my head and slightly pain in my ear. Than i stopped using them for a some time, that was before 8-9 years. And didnt used them for a long time. Since we know in which way world grows and my business needed from me to have one and thats when show started
    Since i started using them after longer pause period arround 5 years i refused to use em at all, but after that thing turned other way arround. Somehow i started to brake them badly by doing exactly nothing but bringing them near my head as trying to speak. Lifespan of cellphone was week or two in best cases, they simply stopped to work and heated very fast. Problems were in microphone and speaker, whole mobile would work but would be impossible for me to hear or speak anything. So i would end with buying a new one, and other, than other... untill i ended with a plastic bag full of dead cell phones
    But if i talked few minutes longer i would still get that slight pain in ear and felt heat on that side of head, but "luckily" he obviously got the same back.
    There is few years back that i stopped again to use them as i found them NOT healthy at all. Didnt tryed to get explanation from any company cause i saw and felt and didnt needed confirmation. So took that plastic bag, throw it and now i dont use them.
    To all my friends i always stress that cellphones are not healthy at all and i would reccomend to anyone if needed to use, use in minimal cases.
    As for smartphones... heh .. why do you think they are called smart?
    androids or iphones or microsoft ones, i would never ever even try to use. They are aware of: location, temperature, gyro, can see through camera, take fingerprints and much much more..
    So if someone tells me there is some project named Archangel i wouldnt just believed it, but knew it has happening long before went into public.. just didnt knew real name to it till announced somewhere by some whistleblower.

Just think about this for sec or two:
    few years back was great tales about chipping... well people didnt felt good about it, so they build super-duper cool device that can do neat useless things and people cant resist to have one. So in short they today are carrying that chip in form of a cell in own pocket. Isn't that neat? and you can even play games on it.. duh
    Be careful when wandering in the woods... The wolf may approach you... And if you are approached by a solitary wolf... It is not a wolf at all!

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DarMar For This Post:

Alie (25th March 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), Art (25th March 2012), deridan (7th April 2012), Earth Angel (25th March 2012), Holly Lindin (25th March 2012), Kgirl (26th March 2012), Mad Hatter (25th March 2012), Magnus (25th March 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th April 2012), Reirrac (25th March 2012), seko (25th March 2012), Vrilya (26th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

You are not paranoid. You are smart to acknowledge the fact that we are not only being spied on, but radiated by our own choice of electronics. And they call them "smart" phones. Clever huh. arent we the smart ones. lol Not so much. Yeah I have one tool.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Alie (25th March 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), Ellisa (26th March 2012), Magnus (25th March 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th April 2012), truth4me (25th March 2012), Vrilya (26th March 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,289 times in 1,094 posts

Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)
    You are not paranoid. You are smart to acknowledge the fact that we are not only being spied on, but radiated by our own choice of electronics. And they call them "smart" phones. Clever huh. arent we the smart ones. lol Not so much. Yeah I have one tool.
    yep,your spot on with your reply. I have a cell phone but only use it when I have to.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

Alie (25th March 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), Magnus (25th March 2012), Sidney (25th March 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Hi Alie,

i don't know if these work or not but if you have to use a cell phone quite a bit then one of these Orgone cell guards/radiation shields might help

http://www.orgoneproducts.org/orgone_cell_guard.php

http://www.orgoneenergy.org/cell-phone-radiation-shield

cheers

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

Alie (25th March 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), Debra (8th April 2012), MacStar (3rd April 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th April 2012), Sidney (25th March 2012), Vrilya (26th March 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Here are some of the effects of cell phones. I am pretty sure that some people are much more sensitive to it than others. This may explain why some fell the heat and tingling and some don't.

I took this from wikipedia, i think it is quite accurate

Quote Radiation absorption

Part of the radio waves emitted by a mobile telephone handset are absorbed by the human head. The radio waves emitted by a GSM handset can have a peak power of 2 watts, and a US analogue phone had a maximum transmit power of 3.6 watts. Other digital mobile technologies, such as CDMA2000 and D-AMPS, use lower output power, typically below 1 watt. The maximum power output from a mobile phone is regulated by the mobile phone standard and by the regulatory agencies in each country.[citation needed] In most systems the cellphone and the base station check reception quality and signal strength and the power level is increased or decreased automatically, within a certain span, to accommodate different situations, such as inside or outside of buildings and vehicles. The rate at which radiation is absorbed by the human body is measured by the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR), and its maximum levels for modern handsets have been set by governmental regulating agencies in many countries. In the USA, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has set a SAR limit of 1.6 W/kg, averaged over a volume of 1 gram of tissue, for the head. In Europe, the limit is 2 W/kg, averaged over a volume of 10 grams of tissue. SAR values are heavily dependent on the size of the averaging volume. Without information about the averaging volume used, comparisons between different measurements cannot be made. Thus, the European 10-gram ratings should be compared among themselves, and the American 1-gram ratings should only be compared among themselves. SAR data for specific mobile phones, along with other useful information, can be found directly on manufacturers' websites, as well as on third party web sites.[5]

[edit] Thermal effects

One well-understood effect of microwave radiation is dielectric heating, in which any dielectric material (such as living tissue) is heated by rotations of polar molecules induced by the electromagnetic field. In the case of a person using a cell phone, most of the heating effect will occur at the surface of the head, causing its temperature to increase by a fraction of a degree. In this case, the level of temperature increase is an order of magnitude less than that obtained during the exposure of the head to direct sunlight. The brain's blood circulation is capable of disposing of excess heat by increasing local blood flow. However, the cornea of the eye does not have this temperature regulation mechanism and exposure of 2–3 hours duration has been reported to produce cataracts in rabbits' eyes at SAR values from 100-140W/kg, which produced lenticular temperatures of 41°C. There were no cataracts detected in the eyes of monkeys exposed under similar conditions.[6] Premature cataracts have not been linked with cell phone use, possibly because of the lower power output of mobile phones.

[edit] Non-thermal effects

The communications protocols used by mobile phones often result in low-frequency pulsing of the carrier signal. Whether these modulations have biological significance has been subject to debate.[7]

Some researchers have argued that so-called "non-thermal effects" could be reinterpreted as a normal cellular response to an increase in temperature. The German biophysicist Roland Glaser, for example,[8] has argued that there are several thermoreceptor molecules in cells, and that they activate a cascade of second and third messenger systems, gene expression mechanisms and production of heat shock proteins in order to defend the cell against metabolic cell stress caused by heat. The increases in temperature that cause these changes are too small to be detected by studies such as REFLEX, which base their whole argument on the apparent stability of thermal equilibrium in their cell cultures.

Other researchers believe the stress proteins are unrelated to thermal effects, since they occur for both extremely low frequencies (ELF) and radio frequencies (RF), which have very different energy levels.[9] Another preliminary study published in 2011 by The Journal of the American Medical Association conducted using fluorodeoxyglucose injections and positron emission tomography concluded that exposure to radiofrequency signal waves within parts of the brain closest to the cell phone antenna resulted in increased levels of glucose metabolism, but the clinical significance of this finding is unknown.[10][11]

[edit] Blood-brain barrier effects

Swedish researchers from Lund University (Salford, Brun, Persson, Eberhardt, and Malmgren) have studied the effects of microwave radiation on the rat brain. They found a leakage of albumin into the brain via a permeated blood-brain barrier.[12][13] This confirms earlier work on the blood-brain barrier by Allan Frey, Oscar and Hawkins, and Albert and Kerns.[14] Other groups have not confirmed these findings in in vitro cell studies[15] or whole animal studies.[16]

[edit] Cancer

In 2006 a large Danish study about the connection between mobile phone use and cancer incidence was published. It followed over 420,000 Danish citizens for 20 years and showed no increased risk of cancer.[17] The German Federal Office for Radiation Protection (Bundesamt für Strahlenschutz) considers this report inconclusive.[18]

The following studies of long time exposure have been published:
    The 13 nation INTERPHONE project – the largest study of its kind ever undertaken – has now been published and did not find a solid link between mobile phones and brain tumours.[19]

The International Journal of Epidemiology published[20] a combined data analysis from a multi national population-based case-control study of glioma and meningioma, the most common types of brain tumour.

The authors reported the following conclusion:

Overall, no increase in risk of glioma or meningioma was observed with use of mobile phones. There were suggestions of an increased risk of glioma at the highest exposure levels, but biases and error prevent a causal interpretation. The possible effects of long-term heavy use of mobile phones require further investigation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_...ion_and_health

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Alie (25th March 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), bluestflame (26th March 2012), Debra (8th April 2012), Ellisa (26th March 2012), Holly Lindin (25th March 2012), Magnus (25th March 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th April 2012), Vrilya (26th March 2012)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Here are some of the effects of cell phones. I am pretty sure that some people are much more sensitive to it than others. This may explain why some fell the heat and tingling and some don't.

I took this from wikipedia, i think it is quite accurate

Quote Radiation absorption

Part of the radio waves emitted by a mobile telephone handset are absorbed by the human head. The radio waves emitted by a GSM handset can have a peak power of 2 watts, and a US analogue phone had a maximum transmit power of 3.6 watts. Other digital mobile technologies, such as CDMA2000 and D-AMPS, use lower output power, typically below 1 watt. The maximum power output from a mobile phone is regulated by the mobile phone standard and by the regulatory agencies in each country.[citation needed] In most systems the cellphone and the base station check reception quality and signal strength and the power level is increased or decreased automatically, within a certain span, to accommodate different situations, such as inside or outside of buildings and vehicles. The rate at which radiation is absorbed by the human body is measured by the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR), and its maximum levels for modern handsets have been set by governmental regulating agencies in many countries. In the USA, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has set a SAR limit of 1.6 W/kg, averaged over a volume of 1 gram of tissue, for the head. In Europe, the limit is 2 W/kg, averaged over a volume of 10 grams of tissue. SAR values are heavily dependent on the size of the averaging volume. Without information about the averaging volume used, comparisons between different measurements cannot be made. Thus, the European 10-gram ratings should be compared among themselves, and the American 1-gram ratings should only be compared among themselves. SAR data for specific mobile phones, along with other useful information, can be found directly on manufacturers' websites, as well as on third party web sites.[5]

[edit] Thermal effects

One well-understood effect of microwave radiation is dielectric heating, in which any dielectric material (such as living tissue) is heated by rotations of polar molecules induced by the electromagnetic field. In the case of a person using a cell phone, most of the heating effect will occur at the surface of the head, causing its temperature to increase by a fraction of a degree. In this case, the level of temperature increase is an order of magnitude less than that obtained during the exposure of the head to direct sunlight. The brain's blood circulation is capable of disposing of excess heat by increasing local blood flow. However, the cornea of the eye does not have this temperature regulation mechanism and exposure of 2–3 hours duration has been reported to produce cataracts in rabbits' eyes at SAR values from 100-140W/kg, which produced lenticular temperatures of 41°C. There were no cataracts detected in the eyes of monkeys exposed under similar conditions.[6] Premature cataracts have not been linked with cell phone use, possibly because of the lower power output of mobile phones.

[edit] Non-thermal effects

The communications protocols used by mobile phones often result in low-frequency pulsing of the carrier signal. Whether these modulations have biological significance has been subject to debate.[7]

Some researchers have argued that so-called "non-thermal effects" could be reinterpreted as a normal cellular response to an increase in temperature. The German biophysicist Roland Glaser, for example,[8] has argued that there are several thermoreceptor molecules in cells, and that they activate a cascade of second and third messenger systems, gene expression mechanisms and production of heat shock proteins in order to defend the cell against metabolic cell stress caused by heat. The increases in temperature that cause these changes are too small to be detected by studies such as REFLEX, which base their whole argument on the apparent stability of thermal equilibrium in their cell cultures.

Other researchers believe the stress proteins are unrelated to thermal effects, since they occur for both extremely low frequencies (ELF) and radio frequencies (RF), which have very different energy levels.[9] Another preliminary study published in 2011 by The Journal of the American Medical Association conducted using fluorodeoxyglucose injections and positron emission tomography concluded that exposure to radiofrequency signal waves within parts of the brain closest to the cell phone antenna resulted in increased levels of glucose metabolism, but the clinical significance of this finding is unknown.[10][11]

[edit] Blood-brain barrier effects

Swedish researchers from Lund University (Salford, Brun, Persson, Eberhardt, and Malmgren) have studied the effects of microwave radiation on the rat brain. They found a leakage of albumin into the brain via a permeated blood-brain barrier.[12][13] This confirms earlier work on the blood-brain barrier by Allan Frey, Oscar and Hawkins, and Albert and Kerns.[14] Other groups have not confirmed these findings in in vitro cell studies[15] or whole animal studies.[16]

[edit] Cancer

In 2006 a large Danish study about the connection between mobile phone use and cancer incidence was published. It followed over 420,000 Danish citizens for 20 years and showed no increased risk of cancer.[17] The German Federal Office for Radiation Protection (Bundesamt für Strahlenschutz) considers this report inconclusive.[18]

The following studies of long time exposure have been published:
    The 13 nation INTERPHONE project – the largest study of its kind ever undertaken – has now been published and did not find a solid link between mobile phones and brain tumours.[19]

The International Journal of Epidemiology published[20] a combined data analysis from a multi national population-based case-control study of glioma and meningioma, the most common types of brain tumour.

The authors reported the following conclusion:

Overall, no increase in risk of glioma or meningioma was observed with use of mobile phones. There were suggestions of an increased risk of glioma at the highest exposure levels, but biases and error prevent a causal interpretation. The possible effects of long-term heavy use of mobile phones require further investigation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_...ion_and_health
    My opinion is many of the so called studies are made up, and look good on paper without ever being proven to have actually been conducted.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Alie (7th April 2012), Debra (8th April 2012), Magnus (25th March 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th April 2012)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member ginnyk's Avatar
    Thanks

This is something that I never expected to submit to a forum. This is only my experience, and not an opinion. My husband was a 61 year old long-haul truck driver for many years. We had a phone plan that allowed us unlimited time between us. He wore a Bluetooth about 14 hours per day, and we spent quite a bit of time talking to ease the boredom of 11 hour driving days. Last May, he was diagnosed with glioblastoma commonly known as brain cancer. His MRI showed a growth the size of a walnut just a bit higher than his telephone ear. He passed away on the 24th of July. I realize that I also wore a Bluetooth earpiece many hours, and being I was home alone, he insisted that I always carry my phone. I have not had any symptoms, but who knows. I submit this as just another piece of anecdotal information. He called an attorney before he died, and was told there was nothing he could do legally. I am now much more careful about cell phone use. Thank you for introducing this topic because we probably need to be much more aware of the potential dangers of this and many other things in our environment.

Gin

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ginnyk For This Post:

Alie (7th April 2012), aranuk (7th April 2012), Bo Atkinson (25th March 2012), Debra (8th April 2012), Ellisa (26th March 2012), Holly Lindin (25th March 2012), MacStar (3rd April 2012), Magnus (25th March 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th April 2012), seko (26th March 2012), Vrilya (26th March 2012)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ginnyk (here)
    This is something that I never expected to submit to a forum. This is only my experience, and not an opinion. My husband was a 61 year old long-haul truck driver for many years. We had a phone plan that allowed us unlimited time between us. He wore a Bluetooth about 14 hours per day, and we spent quite a bit of time talking to ease the boredom of 11 hour driving days. Last May, he was diagnosed with glioblastoma commonly known as brain cancer. His MRI showed a growth the size of a walnut just a bit higher than his telephone ear. He passed away on the 24th of July. I realize that I also wore a Bluetooth earpiece many hours, and being I was home alone, he insisted that I always carry my phone. I have not had any symptoms, but who knows. I submit this as just another piece of anecdotal information. He called an attorney before he died, and was told there was nothing he could do legally. I am now much more careful about cell phone use. Thank you for introducing this topic because we probably need to be much more aware of the potential dangers of this and many other things in our environment.

Gin
    I am sorry to hear this about your husband -- thank you for sharing this with me for my awareness. I am going to look into the Cell Phone Shields that were suggested by Ponda in Post #10.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alie For This Post:

aranuk (7th April 2012), ginnyk (25th March 2012), seko (26th March 2012), Vrilya (26th March 2012)

29. Link to Post #15
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Hey mate,

There´s this new kind of allergy that medicine is just discovering yet. Some people are becoming allergic to cellphone radio frequencies, wi-fi internet and these kind of things.

Maybe you´re one of those persons.

Cheers,

Raf.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Alie (25th March 2012), Magnus (25th March 2012)

31. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 times in 355 posts

What do you have a cell phone for in the first place? Just because the society says that it is cool to own one, does not mean you should get one. I am 43 and I have never owned a cell phone. It's great not to be bothered by anybody. If someone is trying to get hold of me, then I will get to them whenever I can, it does not mean that I have to do it right away. Communication among the human species has not improved at all, in fact, it actually got worse. There are almost no benefits to owning a cell phone; just 10 years ago when the use of cell phones was not common people managed just fine. Today humans think that they will loose it if their cell phones are taken away from them. Now, that is truly crazy.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cilka For This Post:

Alie (7th April 2012), DarMar (26th March 2012), Debra (8th April 2012), MacStar (3rd April 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th April 2012), seko (26th March 2012)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

There is a tremendous amount of information available regarding the safety of cell phones. Much of it has been suppressed in the U.S.

There are products that counteract electrosmog. I have one on my own phone. If you are interested, contact me directly. I don't want to appear to be using this forum for commercial purposes.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Alie (7th April 2012), Debra (8th April 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th April 2012), Vrilya (26th March 2012)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cilka (here)
    What do you have a cell phone for in the first place? Just because the society says that it is cool to own one, does not mean you should get one. I am 43 and I have never owned a cell phone. It's great not to be bothered by anybody. If someone is trying to get hold of me, then I will get to them whenever I can, it does not mean that I have to do it right away. Communication among the human species has not improved at all, in fact, it actually got worse. There are almost no benefits to owning a cell phone; just 10 years ago when the use of cell phones was not common people managed just fine. Today humans think that they will loose it if their cell phones are taken away from them. Now, that is truly crazy.
    Cilka
    Thanks for your comment. I understand your point of view, and I'm quite sure that MANY people would agree with you. At the moment, I prefer not to debate why I have a cell phone. I do have one and for now, it's one of my ways to communicate.

36. Link to Post #19
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Reading these posts make me glad that, like many here, I use my mobile phone rarely, I much prefer the land line. I am very uneasy about the safety of the mobiles held against the head with regard to brain tumours, and I read ginnik's post with sadness. There has been an increase in various tumours of the brain, but whether due to phones or something else is hard to prove apparently. It is also unsettling to read that the phone heating I mentioned earlier is suspected of causing cataracts. These are usually treatable, but they are nasty all the same.

What upsets me lot is that the biggest adopters of these phones are our children and young adults. They are given them for safety by well-meaning parents, sometimes the kids are as young as 6. What is the opinion here? I just would not do that! The kids are then free to chat all night, and often access the internet at will. Surely they would be at greater risk of damage as their brains are still growing and developing.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Alekahn (26th March 2012), Alie (26th March 2012), ginnyk (26th March 2012)

38. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by Ellisa (here)
    Surely they would be at greater risk of damage as their brains are still growing and developing.
    The real problem with children and cell phones is that their skulls are so much thinner. There is less between their brain and the source of the EMF radiation.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Alie (26th March 2012), Debra (8th April 2012), Ellisa (26th March 2012), ginnyk (26th March 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th April 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast