Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Arthritis - ideas?

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,118 times in 744 posts

Default Arthritis - ideas?

Heya!

A good friend of mine, champion of a fella has Arthritis.

He refuzes to take pain medication for it unless he's dying (doctor says he should be taking 6 painkillers a day, he takes mabe 2 a month)

He's semi-awake, he knows how stuffed up the world is and that the govt is full of lies and all that stuff but i think (found a thread in here somewhere that mentions beestings) some ideas may be a little too far out for him..

So...

Throw you're knowledge at me, please!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

Billy (2nd April 2012), Caren (4th April 2012), frances (3rd April 2012), Mad Hatter (2nd April 2012), percival tyro (3rd April 2012), RunningDeer (2nd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012), WhiteFeather (12th April 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,652 times in 513 posts

Default Re: Arthritis - ideas?

Please look into cayenne pepper, turmeric and ginger.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alie For This Post:

avid (9th April 2012), frances (3rd April 2012), Mad Hatter (2nd April 2012), Muzz (2nd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012), WhiteFeather (12th April 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,560 times in 5,028 posts

Sorry for your friend, I also have friends and family that suffer from Arthritis. But it really depends on what kind of Arthritis he has.

What was recommended from a sufferer i met in Bosnia who was a Author but could not write anymore until she began her own treament with a high quality " Cider Vinegar " or Apple cider vinegar either taken pure a table spoon maybe twice everyday, or mixed with a juice drink if they cannot handle the taste, after a few weeks she was able to write again. eventually all her joints regained full fuction.

EDIT. I found this one. Vinegar and Honey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-organist.html

More info here
    http://kathleen-duffy.suite101.com/a...remedy-a159755
    Last edited by Billy; 2nd April 2012 at 11:36.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Caren (4th April 2012), frances (3rd April 2012), Ivanhoe (2nd April 2012), Mad Hatter (2nd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 700 posts

Glucosamine Chondroitin in powder form. It may not feel like its doing much but after two weeks try stopping and you'll find out in a big hurry just how effective it actually is. Mark you I don't have full blown athritis but this stuff has done wonders for joints I have abused over many years. (motorbike accidents etc etc)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mad Hatter For This Post:

frances (3rd April 2012), Ivanhoe (2nd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 times in 216 posts

Ok, I recently wrote somewhere "this is my last post,take good care everybody blabla" but this is my profession - natural supplements I mean, so for once I get out of silence.

There are some very good supplements for arthritis - but depending on the type of the problem.

If your friend have osteoarthritis of the knee, glucosamine-chondroitin can make wonders. But he has to use it prefably for 3-6 months. Look for sulphate forms and get at least 1500 mg glucosamine and 1200 mg chondroitin everyday. If he feels pain and stiffness that effects his life quality he can begin with hydrolised collagen (from fish source prefably) for 1 months then switch to glucosamine chondroitin for long term. It is not type-II collagen, you should look for hydrolised collagen.

If he has rheumatoid arthritis which means a lot of inflammation, then type-II collagen is the right supplement. In this case I would also recommend devil claw extracts, excellent natural anti-inflammatory herb.

Cayenne is also a good pain controller, I would recommend it with rose hips if possible. Turmeric and ginger can also be used as spices, no need to take them as supplements if he uses the ones above.

Best health to your friend!

FC

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Feritciva For This Post:

avid (9th April 2012), Caren (4th April 2012), DoubleHelix (2nd April 2012), frances (3rd April 2012), Ivanhoe (2nd April 2012), Mad Hatter (2nd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), Tane Mahuta (5th April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member freebird111777's Avatar
    Thanks

Aloe Vera Juice can help Aloe Vera juice contains Vitamin A, B, C and E which are powerful anti-oxidants and strong anti-inflammatories at the same time. The body reacts wonderfully to these ingredients by absorbing the harmful toxins which are produced due to inflammation, thereby reducing the swelling caused.
    Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freebird111777 For This Post:

Caren (4th April 2012), frances (3rd April 2012), Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), percival tyro (3rd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I've heard turmeric works a treat.

red_rose
    We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we first started
    And know the place for the first time

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to red_rose For This Post:

Alecs (12th April 2012), frances (3rd April 2012), Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

My mother had arthritis in her hands, when winter came it was painful for her. I gave her MMS for a month and she has no more pain in her hands and the cold winter is not a problem anymore. Although there is a little pain for all the time that pass that didn't take care of it.
    Breathe in the air

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

Earth Angel (2nd April 2012), frances (3rd April 2012), Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

The advice given here by PA members is excellent. Apart from that, avoid milk, white sugar and coffee.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unicorn For This Post:

frances (3rd April 2012), Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), Muzz (9th April 2012), RunningDeer (2nd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 times in 343 posts

Hi TigaHawk
    Great idea for a thread, hope you get a mountain of great things to try, for your friend.
    Have no advice for you myself except to stay away from conventional medicine, (licensed doctors) all they can do that actually works is to prescribe narcotic medication that is very addictive.
    My advice would be, look to homeopathic solutions.
    I am going to try the apple cider and honey, sounds pretty good.
    Last edited by toothpick; 2nd April 2012 at 19:18.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toothpick For This Post:

frances (3rd April 2012), Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I personally use Skinner's Vaporizing Salve for arthhritis and other moans and groans. Its very effective.
    If everyday I can bring a smile to a persons face than I can go peacefully into the nite.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Endity For This Post:

frances (3rd April 2012), Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

I am assuming you are speaking about degenaritive arthritis and not RA.

In addition to the herbal and botanicals your friend would do well with ionized foot bath that leeches toxins out of the body. These are offered in therapy salons but after he purchased about four of them in a salon he could buy a serviceable machine on his own that is hugely effective for arthritis.

Arthritis is when the sacs of fluid that cushion joints become toxic and inflammed , a detox foot bath pulls the toxins out through the bloodstream and the pain relief and symptom abatement is pretty remarkeable and typically lasts ten days to two weeks. That emphasizes a need to just have your own machine so one can do the detox once every ten days or so. Takes about a half hour. A serviceable foot bath detox is abotu 120 dolars us, some run up to 800 or more but have a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles.

Then one maintains that state of detox after the footbath by diet and identifying the toxin that is inflitrating the joint. Hard to know but the bath itself can allow one to find out if it's senstivity to one's own bile, or some external influence that is being ingested. Excercize is not recommending until the toxins and inflammation has appreciably abated.

Monoatomic gold treatments work well too if one has access to mono-gold.

A liver detox is recommended.

To further define ask your friend is gout is present with the arthritis, they are often confused and often present at the same time --both conditions point to the inability to process toxins. We can't reasonably avoid all toxins as we live in a toxic world we keep our body in state where it can process and elminate them withotu being effected by them.

The Arthritis isn't the problem its the symptom ,of something else, put it that way.

Is there a white coating present on the tongue during these worst pain episodes?

Do his joints crack when he moves?

Fever with acute sudden onset joint paint?

Spasms accompanied by joint pain?

There's also a hot salt bath that alleviates both the toxins while one sips the same sort of cell salt mixture while bathing. If you bump the thread later to remind I'll post it up.

24. Link to Post #13
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I haven't personally tried the following to any great degree (yet) but someone posted it on here recently:

Perhaps he can try to make sure he grounds himself outside on a regular basis; 30 - 60 min a day is best apparently, outside with direct contact with the earth / grass etc.
    If that's an issue - due to weather etc - then via a grounding pad of some variety indoors.

Apparently it's supposed to be good for many ailments, especially forms of inflammation / Arthritis; it's a result of our disconnection with nature these days and not going barefoot any more.

Here's a vid:

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nerge For This Post:

Avocadess (10th April 2012), frances (3rd April 2012), Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

if your friend wants real pain relief have him make a cannabis tincture.

this requires you to have at least an ounce of high grade cannabis or even trim leaves from a recent harvest.

1 bottle of 101 proof peppermint schnapps or Everclear will do the trick. Soak cannabis in alcohol, let soak for 3 days. get a coffee strainer, strain the alcohol into a spray bottle.

Spray tincture on the inside of cheeks. start off with 2-3 squirts for 1st time users to see how ones body will react...this tincture can also be applied to sore areas. soak tincture in a cloth then wrap the cloth around joints that are sore, cover it with saran wrap.

this tincture will remedy most pains... tooth achs, headaches, joint pain, nerve pain. For those of you who don't believe me, it just means you haven't tried it. cannabis is truly a miracle plant and has been used for thousands of years as a healer.

good luck to your friend with arthritis.
    the love that you withold is the pain that you carry

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to spelsylver For This Post:

frances (3rd April 2012), lilac (3rd April 2012), Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), onawah (2nd April 2012), percival tyro (3rd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), toothpick (2nd April 2012)

28. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,604 times in 20,701 posts

I've been using fresh aloe vera gel for a number of years, and it is quite amazing.
    I do not recommend the bottled stuff, however, as it is diluted, adulterated and heat-treated.
    You can buy aloe vera leaves for consumption (a different strain than the usual variety used for burns) at Mexican markets, or you can order it from Aloe Labs in Harlingen, Texas by calling 800 258 5380. Ask for Mike Hernandez.
    They are shipped by UPS; the shipping actually costs more than the leaves themselves, but you get a lot more value for your money than buying the bottled product.
    You have to purchase a minimum of 25 lbs. at a time, but these leaves have a shelf life of a month or more if kept cool and dry, with good air circulation.
    Once you cut into a leaf, it must be refrigerated and used within a couple of days.
    Trim off the prickly edges, then peel off the skin from one side of the leaf and use a spoon to scoop the gel into a blender.
    I use a whole leaf (minimum 1 lb.) per day in a fruit juice smoothie.
    I think it is what has been keeping me alive more than any other item in my diet, and I will be 64 in July and have multiple health issues.
    There is plenty of info on the web about the benefits of aloe, but here is a good place to start:
    http://www.naturalnews.com/021858.html
    Quote Posted by freebird111777 (here)
    Aloe Vera Juice can help Aloe Vera juice contains Vitamin A, B, C and E which are powerful anti-oxidants and strong anti-inflammatories at the same time. The body reacts wonderfully to these ingredients by absorbing the harmful toxins which are produced due to inflammation, thereby reducing the swelling caused.
    Each breath a gift...

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Caren (4th April 2012), Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012), Unicorn (2nd April 2012)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Do you know what type ?
    If he has RA then removing all
    Inflammatory foods and upping the
    Anti-inflammatory ones changes things
    fast . Foods to avoid are all the deadly
    Nightshades , tomatoes potatoes capsicum
    Chilli . Foods to add are things like olives
    Google for more complete lists .
    Sleep and exercise also important
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (4th April 2012), Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), RunningDeer (2nd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012)

32. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 times in 355 posts

If I were your friend I would do everything possible NOT to take any prescribed medication from the doctors. Prescribed drugs will help a little at the beginning, and eventually they all will stop working and on top of all that he will also develop side effects which will have to be taken care of with more prescribed meds. But your friend seems to understand this game very well.

Has your friend done any major detox? Like with DMSA, MSM or Chlorella? He has to do the detox for at least 6 months first. If he puts too much trust into taking herbs right now he will get disappointed. He has to clean up his body first. Then he should look into Reishi Mushrooms.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cilka For This Post:

Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

A friend of mine cured her artritis with the fruit-vegetable diet.About ten years ago she suffered of arthritis ?(she had pains especially in her hands-I remember her talking that she couln't turn the key
    round to start the engine in her car-it was such a big pain for her.Round her bones in her hands she had something like small tumors visible under the skin.She tried three-week fruit-vegetable diet twice-and her tumors round the bones and pain dissapeared and never came back.Than,being on emigration in Ireland she also had early stage of cancer in her uterus-she cured it with chemotherapy pills.Now she has a1,5 year old baby and she is healthy! By the way-she is the opposite of spirituality and she could count only for herself.But her strong will helped her cure her desease.
    The author of the fruit-vegetable diet is Polish doctor Ewa Dabrowska.Here is the link:

http://ewadabrowska.pl/index.php?opt...mid=10&lang=en

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danielle For This Post:

Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,246 posts

I think you cant just start taking some kind of supplement and expect it to work. You have to treat the whole body. Personally, I would go to an Ayurvedic doctor because I know what they can do and that I won't ever get arthritis. However, there are other options I've heard of.

A friend of mine, at around 28, had arthritis so bad he couldn't turn a door knob. The doctors told him that they could prevent it from getting worse but they couldn't make it any better. He hated those doctors so much he looked like he'd catch fire when he talked about them. Then he changed his diet. Now hes a bush pilot. Basically he stopped eating any kind of meat or dairy and certain vegetables -- red ones. He also took a Sunrider product. I dk if that company is still around. The FDA was constantly banning their stuff coz it worked.
    Last edited by 161803398; 2nd April 2012 at 20:22.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

Mad Hatter (3rd April 2012), mosquito (10th April 2012), seko (2nd April 2012)

38. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

In Macrobiotics, it is suggested that one should not ingest night shade foods such as: eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes (including potato flour), peppers, hot peppers, and condiments containing these products.

And also author Annemarie Colbin, “Food and Healing,” writes “...Nightshade foods may subtly remove calcium from the bones and deposit it in the joints, kidneys, arteries, and other areas of the body where it does not belong.”
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 21st April 2012 at 19:19.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast