+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sleep paralysis

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Sleep paralysis

Sleep Paralysis

This hasn't happened to me recently, but I thought I'd ask you all if any of you have experienced something similar or know anything about this phenomenon. I've experienced this 4-5 times throughout my life.

The scary thing is, I can feel when its going to happen as I'm laying there. I think to myself "here we go again..." then I start feeling real weak. Before you know it I'm paralyzed!

I can hear what's going on around me & many times I've tried to call out for help but my voice always betrays me. Could it be possible I am already sleeping, thinking I'm awake?

Anyways, this isn't really what bugs me. What bugs me is whenever this happens, I can always feel a 'presence' there, and it feels somewhat sinister.

I've heard that it may be a lower vibration entity. I've also read that when you experience sleep paralysis if you can learn to not be afraid and look within, that's when Out of body experiences happen. One time I tried to not be afraid, but it was hard with that presence there.

Any ideas?

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ProperLogic For This Post:

A Simple Human (5th April 2012), Caren (5th April 2012), Eram (5th April 2012), frances (5th April 2012), frodo13 (6th April 2012), Lisab (5th April 2012), NancyV (6th April 2012), Noir (18th May 2015), Ontarioguy (6th April 2012), RUSirius (5th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012), Spartacus (6th April 2012), Star Tsar (15th May 2015), Syd (6th April 2012), Turcurulin (5th April 2012), yuhui (11th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RUSirius's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,457 times in 507 posts

Default Re: Sleep paralysis

no ideas but i've experienced this too, however i was not afraid just aware it was happening

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RUSirius For This Post:

Caren (5th April 2012), frances (5th April 2012), NancyV (6th April 2012), Ontarioguy (6th April 2012), seko (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012), Syd (6th April 2012), yuhui (11th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Hey ProperLogic,

Thanks for sharing!

I've had these sleep Paralysis many times when I was a kid all the way through my teen years.
    I've never studied the phenomenon, but to my understanding the paralysis is only occurring because your soul and your energy body (I forgot what it's called properly, but it's a duplicate of you everyday body, but made only of energy where you experience your dreams with) had not yet returned totally in your material body.
    The fear you are talking about and feeling a presence.... I don't know. I always felt fear, but to me it felt more like fear due to the fact that I couldn't move. That always made me a bit going into panic and trying to get back into my body as soon as possible, but i never felt a sinister presence during this episodes.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Caren (5th April 2012), frances (5th April 2012), laperle (18th February 2013), NancyV (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012), Syd (6th April 2012), yuhui (11th March 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RUSirius (here)
    no ideas but i've experienced this too, however i was not afraid just aware it was happening
    ""

Did you feel the presence?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProperLogic For This Post:

frances (5th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ProperLogic (here)
    ""

Did you feel the presence?
    Mostly no, to be honest with you, the only time I felt a presence is when its "hands" were around my neck, that was about 1.5 years ago, in addition while these "hands" were around my neck I could here sinister laughing going on. I think it happened more than once, but I still wasnt scared just aware of what was going on, but I have had sleep paralysis as long as I can remember.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RUSirius For This Post:

Atlas (1st March 2014), Caren (6th April 2012), Eram (5th April 2012), frances (5th April 2012), NancyV (6th April 2012), seko (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

I've had this happen once; i couldn't turn my head...when i got angry i was released.
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Caren (6th April 2012), Eram (6th April 2012), frances (5th April 2012), NancyV (5th April 2012), seko (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012), Syd (6th April 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Quote Posted by ProperLogic (here)

Sleep Paralysis

This hasn't happened to me recently, but I thought I'd ask you all if any of you have experienced something similar or know anything about this phenomenon. I've experienced this 4-5 times throughout my life.

The scary thing is, I can feel when its going to happen as I'm laying there. I think to myself "here we go again..." then I start feeling real weak. Before you know it I'm paralyzed!

I can hear what's going on around me & many times I've tried to call out for help but my voice always betrays me. Could it be possible I am already sleeping, thinking I'm awake?

Anyways, this isn't really what bugs me. What bugs me is whenever this happens, I can always feel a 'presence' there, and it feels somewhat sinister.

I've heard that it may be a lower vibration entity. I've also read that when you experience sleep paralysis if you can learn to not be afraid and look within, that's when Out of body experiences happen. One time I tried to not be afraid, but it was hard with that presence there.

Any ideas?
    I remember, all to well, an episode that happened with me, many years ago. The same, exact, symptoms and events you are describing are what also happened to me.

(your quote)

What bugs me is whenever this happens, I can always feel a 'presence' there, and it feels somewhat sinister.

You are certainly correct in recognizing the "presence and sinister" side of your event, in that it "is" a satanic attempt to enter, influence and interfere with your life.

I hate to admit it, now, but my episode was during a time in my life when I had allowed myself to "grow distant" from the Lord,....so consequently I was allowing myself to become vulnerable and suspect for "this type" of invasion. Luckily I recognized what was happening to me, very quickly, and even though I was paralyzed and virtually unable to speak,.....I "knew" that if I could just be able to mention and "spit out" the name "JESUS", that everything would be alright and I would be safe. I literally had to "force" myself to be able to speak His name,....JESUS,......and when I was finally able and successful in doing so,.....that sinister force immediately went away and a "complete calmness" entered my bedroom! What I've told you here is factual in every sense of the word! It did happen to me in this matter, plain and simple.

I can assure you, and am happy to report, that it "wasn't long" after this event that I took the measures to become completely restored to my former place with God!

If this event ever happens to you again, remember these words of advice that I've left with you. It may be difficult to do,....but you can do it,....call on, and invoke the name of JESUS. "That name" works! The devil(s) cannot stand in the presence of "that name"! They must, and will, flee and leave when "that name" is used.

I sincerely hope you recognize the value of this!

Love and peace,.......kreagle

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Eram (5th April 2012), NancyV (6th April 2012), Ontarioguy (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012), Syd (5th April 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Syd's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had sleep paralysis throughout my life with different things happening per occurance. The one time I tried to relax, I started to hear voices of different people, one man asking "Where's my car?", which scared me so I struggled to move again. Another time I feel asleep reading a Baha'i prayer book, then awoke to it pressing on my throat as I struggled to move. Around that time in my life, this sleep paralysis happened frequently and another time I saw a man open my dorm room while I couldn't move, then I would be awakened to things falling off my shelf at night or notice stuff on the floor in the morning. So I don't know if my dorm was haunted because I also saw a basket move forward & back on my shelf one day. Another time when I was in high school, I had 1 episode of sleep paralysis that sounds more like what psychiatrist call a "Night Terror" because of the feeling of fear I had that something was coming to get me. I woke up and couldn't move and saw black smoky waves moving across my ceiling, then heard what sounded like my dog's chain collar jingle, but felt a presence was coming. I have had a few out-of-body experiences but think they feel different than sleep paralysis. Occassionaly it still happens as I wake up but feel a heavyness with my body and can't move so I fight by thinking I must try to move then after several seconds I can move. From what I have been reading about alien parasites & false alien gods on this forum "Horus-Ra as the Archontic Alien Parasite: A follow-up interview with Maarit a Scandin ", I think sleep paralysis may be a dark tool to suck energy from humans- but that has not been stated yet?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Syd For This Post:

Caren (6th April 2012), Eram (5th April 2012), NancyV (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

There were several years when I was young, starting at the age of about 8, where I would either experience sleep paralysis or I would leave my body but just go up to the ceiling of the room. I often felt a somewhat malevolent presence that was aware of me, but since I am a rather aggressive type person I would get mad at the negative presence and it would leave, so anger worked well for me at that stage. Even in my early 20's I experienced the malevolent presence along with sleep paralysis.

My analysis of this stage is that when we first start leaving our bodies, which can begin with sleep paralysis, we often stay in a lower vibrational frequency where negative entities like to hang out and try to control people. Once I started leaving the lower vibrational frequency dimensions behind and traveled completely out of the lower astral dimensions I never had the sleep paralysis along with the malevolent presences again. There were negative beings in other dimensions but you have more power to deal with them if you are in a higher vibrational dimension.

I agree that you can be helped if you call on God or Jesus or some power that you believe in, but the key is your belief. Ultimately you may find that calling on God for help is the same as calling on your higher self since we are God. God is not separate from us. It is only our belief that we are separate from God that keeps God at a distance. In this case calling on God can open the door to help. Absolutely demons can be driven away by a closer connection to your God-self.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

another bob (5th April 2012), Caren (6th April 2012), Eram (5th April 2012), fractal being (6th April 2012), Ontarioguy (6th April 2012), seko (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012), Spartacus (6th April 2012), Syd (6th April 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Syd's Avatar
    Thanks

I felt like I shouted "Help" during an episode (several of us were sleeping in a room during a mission trip) then I heard my friend's voice say "What exactly do you need help with?". But in the morning she says she doesn't remember this. I had a strange vision off a demonic arm swipping on that trip to New Orlearns also.
    In my younger years of sleep paralysis, I would feel a weight on my chest or couldn't breath very well which was terrifying, and I've heard that some aliens live off this fear. Psychic Sylvia Browne has said that she hates out-of-body experiences because it is uncomfortable, so maybe sometimes this paralysis comes from being aware before the soul is completly back in the body. Which begs the question, who took my soul? I now recall that before I went out-of-body, I felt heavy or like I was vibrating, and once heard a deafining loud vibration noise, which is strange because it shouldn't hurt my 'spiritual' ears. My first OBE was quick, comfortable & easy, flowing out the top of my head, but I went quick back into my body. Sorry if I am rambling, I guess I push so much back that I can't understand, then its hard to remember when I try.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Syd For This Post:

Atlas (1st March 2014), Caren (6th April 2012), Eram (5th April 2012), NancyV (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Amysenthia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 times in 372 posts

Several times when I was younger from about the age of 10 - 14 years I had experiences where I would be in sleep paralysis and a presence would be pushing on neck and head in a way that would feel like they were trying to break my neck. I would fight this and was terrified while this was happening. This would happen every so many months until finally the last time it happened I just thought, "oh you again" and felt no fear. I never had the experience again.

You have to understand as a young child I had sooo many psychic things happen this was just another night in my life. I was always having OOB experiences, being visited by dead relatives, have premonition dreams, etc. Later on in life I happen to come across info about this happening to people in Asia quite a bit. They call them "Choking Ghosts" over there. Of all things it is recommended that if this happens you should not fear them because they feed on negative emotions. Guess I had to find that out the hard way.

Oh and another interesting thing was that I never told anyone when I was growing up about these experiences. My family did not like hearing about such things. My younger brother and I were talking as adults one day and I brought this up. He shouted, "That use to happen to me all the time too. Until I got older and didn't care when it happened. I could feel it let go of me and it never came back".

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Atlas (1st March 2014), Caren (6th April 2012), Eram (6th April 2012), NancyV (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012), Syd (6th April 2012)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Sorry been thinking about this thread alot today, and many memories coming back, I'll keep it short, I definitely DO remember a presence on more than one occasion, did not feel evil just felt like it was checking me out, it was literally walking around me, could have even been more than one thing, cuz I remember talking too, not sure if it was about me though.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RUSirius For This Post:

NancyV (7th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I have had these type of paralysis my self. Along with violent dreams and screaming in my sleep. I have been tested quite a few times and there is very little that is said about Central Sleep Apnea. But its a very scary thing that happens as you start to reach REM sleep. The experiences I have had when I hit there were of being choked, unable to scream for help, unable to move. These are just a few things there is not much studied on it and nobody would give me real information on it. But on the tests they called it Central Sleep Apnea. Don't know if this helps at all.
    If everyday I can bring a smile to a persons face than I can go peacefully into the nite.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Endity For This Post:

Caren (6th April 2012), NancyV (7th April 2012), peace (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012), Syd (6th April 2012)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Sorry been thinking about this thread alot today, and many memories coming back, I'll keep it short, I definitely DO remember a presence on more than one occasion, did not feel evil just felt like it was checking me out, it was literally walking around me, could have even been more than one thing, cuz I remember talking too, not sure if it was about me though.
    Don't be sorry! You're input is much appreciated! Don't feel like you need to keep it short, actually I'd rather you write more!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ProperLogic For This Post:

NancyV (7th April 2012), RUSirius (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I find it quite strange that so many people from so many different places have experienced this exact same phenomenon at one point or another. Many of us never even talk about it to others, yet our experiences are identical. I wonder what this is about.

Well, on a positive note: I believe in the good and in the end what's right is going to happen, because it is right.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProperLogic For This Post:

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member frodo13's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Re: Sleep paralysis
    I had one of these events happen to me about 15 years ago. I was asleep in bed with my wife when i partially woke up as i had a feeling like someone was laying on me. No it wasn't my wife . Then i looked up an saw a old hag and she was holding out her arms and coming for me.The hag grabbed me by the throath and started choking me. At that point my wife woke up and she said i was making gurgling noises. She tried to shake me and wake me me up. She said i had a terrified look on my face and was swing my arms trying to get away from her.She never saw anything so i always assumed i was dreaming and was kind of in a phase of sleep where people are more likely to be in a compromisize state.Nothing happened like that again for years until lately when i heard voices and theres no one there and feel pressure on my body when i sleep. Maybe the bitch is back.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frodo13 For This Post:

Atlas (1st March 2014), NancyV (7th April 2012), RUSirius (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by frodo13 (here)
    Re: Sleep paralysis
    I had one of these events happen to me about 15 years ago. I was asleep in bed with my wife when i partially woke up as i had a feeling like someone was laying on me. No it wasn't my wife . Then i looked up an saw a old hag and she was holding out her arms and coming for me.The hag grabbed me by the throath and started choking me. At that point my wife woke up and she said i was making gurgling noises. She tried to shake me and wake me me up. She said i had a terrified look on my face and was swing my arms trying to get away from her.She never saw anything so i always assumed i was dreaming and was kind of in a phase of sleep where people are more likely to be in a compromisize state.Nothing happened like that again for years until lately when i heard voices and theres no one there and feel pressure on my body when i sleep. Maybe the bitch is back.
    I think it was Golem trying to get back the ring!
    Last edited by ProperLogic; 6th April 2012 at 04:51.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ProperLogic For This Post:

frodo13 (7th April 2012), NancyV (7th April 2012), RUSirius (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012)

35. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

This is a common phenomenon allied to Sleep Apnoea and the dream state. It happens to us all at some time, but mostly we do not remember it.

It is believed to be the origin of the legends of succubi and demons, out of body experiences and some researchers link it to memories of alien abductions. The symptoms are similar in most cases, though not all people have all the symptoms. I have experienced this myself, and it is very real indeed! I also have very graphic and lucid dreams, some are horrible, but others are pleasant, and I often remember them. Some of them repeat night after night- until I work out what it is I am trying to tell myself! These sort of dreams are often experienced by people who have Sleep Paralysis.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

NancyV (7th April 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (2nd March 2014), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012)

37. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

My 18 year old child has these experiences. She not only senses a presence, but sees it and them. It is mysterious to her, not sinister. She feels pulled on, tugged, and observed. She sees floating objects, luminous human-like figures, and other things. She has learned not to be fearful. When she can speak she utters, "you do not have my permission to be here. Leave now in the name of Christ Consciousness". Before entering her room she says a prayer to every corner of the room. The experiences have diminished since starting the prayers.

Many thanks to my forum member friend for the most excellent advice, you know who you are.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 times in 255 posts

i have had a very similar, jarring experience like you've described. i became obsessed with figuring out what happened.

my understanding, and i could be way off, is that you may have been woken during deep REM sleep, a time when your brain shuts the body down so you don't act out your dreams (read: hurt yourself). this sudden waking happens and the body, at times, doesn't catch up.

this could also explain any presences felt, lights seen, etc. as the brain is still firing parts of the unconscious mind/dreams, etc.

in some "debunking" shows i've seen on abductions this is sometimes one of their primary arguments.

my experince was nuts. it felt like something was in bed right behind me (i lived alone at the time), it was laughing at me and hated me. crazy and unsettling, for sure.

again, just a possibilty, and a kind of 'sciency' explaination.

this is just my opinion, but i don't think there was anything happening but your mind, doing what it does. i mean this so you don't worry about any future attacks, god, the devil, etc. I think a lot of people experience, this, as mentioned above and you don't have a lot to worry about.
    Last edited by peace; 6th April 2012 at 16:21.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peace For This Post:

Eram (6th April 2012), ProperLogic (6th April 2012), sirdipswitch (6th April 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast