+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 12 28 LastLast

Thread: The gut of most disease... NOT what you think!

1. Link to Post #21
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

Default Re: The root of most disease... NOT what you think!

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    As I look back at my life I realize that many of my current health problems stem directly from things doctors have prescribed or done to me and things dentists have done to my mouth. Actually, the entire medical field is based on the idea that we need to kill, sterilize, and obliterate pathogens.
    Hey Dawn I am with you about the western scientific medical paradigm.
    Yet one has a spiritual path to take, that includes many drama types. Especially health issues.
    The first step is take responsibility for your condition. And you are on it big time.

So I stopped blaming the medical profession, I understand and respect their role. Most of them have faith in their service.
    We are programmed to relinquish our health responsibility to them. And the tide is reversing big time.
    The medical and pharma establishment are in panic. The business stopped growing, and in some places stated to shrink.
    It is not that bad after all.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Dawn (3rd May 2012), Feritciva (12th April 2012), maielle (11th May 2014), Rosemarie (29th December 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Dawn,

Good to hear from you again.

I recently switched over 100% to the raw food diet. My diet had become quite monotonous and the thought came to me that I should ask my body what it would like to eat. I saw nothing but green, green leaves. Within days I saw a local course advertised on how to prepare raw food for beginners. I enrolled and was surprised how delicious the food was. This motivated me to research the raw food diet more closely. Read a lot of books from the library and watched lots of dvds. This made me decide to do the switch over cold turkey. Started to lose weight immediately although I never felt hungry and the food was literally delicious. It became impossible for me to overeat. My body felt some tingling particularly in my arms and I felt really well physically. Have been on this diet now for 9 weeks and lost 16 pounds without any trouble. Intend to stay on this long term.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to applepie For This Post:

conk (11th April 2012), Dawn (3rd May 2012), DoubleHelix (21st September 2012), Limor Wolf (22nd September 2012), MessiahMews (20th January 2013), PathWalker (11th April 2012), Rosemarie (29th December 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 times in 1,149 posts

Quote Dawn, I'm all ears.

A new book (new to me) Victoria Boutenko's Green for Life has been my latest attempt to gain a new level of health. Somewhere along the line, I developed a war in my intestines that has lasted for about 18 years. It is possible that t started from a round of very powerful antibiotics that I took, to kill a (presumed) mycoplasma pneumonia-like infection that kicked my ass for over 6 weeks. I have had antibiotics only twice in the last 2 decades. Once was as mentioned, and a decade later, after a lot of research, I allowed myself to take a round of antibiotics (Rifaximin) that were supposed to kill-off the intestinal flora overgrowth, and allow me to start fresh with new intestinal flora. It didn't work. (I still have "IBS-D" symptoms.)

More later. Gotta run (pun intended.) Dennis
    Yes, Dennis... same type of thing in my life. I was put on daily antibiotics for a 20 (!!!) year kidney infection. I finally left medical treatment for good when I was informed that I was to be put on a transplant list for new kidneys. Without the poison of antibiotics I became free of this infection within 10 days of taking a combination of herbs at last. However permanent damage had been done to my system which I have fought all of my adult life.

Dr. Campbell-McBride points out that after a round of antibiotics there is a 2 week window when our beneficial bacteria are mostly wiped out. This is when pathogenic bacteria and viruses can breach the barriers that are normally in place, entering the body directly or taking up permanent residence in our digestive tract. Once this happens, they flood our system with continuous toxins, and exchange their genetic material with our cells. That is when our immune system begins to attack our own cells, because of the pathogenic components and DNA they now contain.

On top of all of this we begin to starve slowly. This is because the beneficial flora and fauna normally manufacture all our vitamins for us as well as break down our food in other ways that allows our bodies to use it. So our bodies weaken from starvation, at the same time they are being flooded with toxins, and the pathogens are changing our cellular DNA.

It appears the main reason to eat is to feed these beneficial bacteria. Without them we sicken and die.

What a concept... we are dying and sickening because we have used the energy of kill and sterilize in our approach to health. Our energy would have been so much better spent focusing on life, and enhancing the health of our internal gardens.

Well Dennis, all I can say to you is that I have normal digestion for the first time in many years. However I am still experiencing die off symptoms on a daily basis. These are not severe now, as they were for the first 2 months. Instead I am now experiencing fuzzy eyesight and bouts of sudden sleepiness which come and go, as the pathogenic organisms flood my system with opiate like poisons while they are dying off. It is clear to me that this cleanse is going deeper than any I have done and is actually working. I have tried 20 or 30 cleanses previously... but they did not get at the root of my health issues like this one is doing.

Thanks to some of the comments about liver cleansing that have been mentioned on this thread. I have done sooo many liver cleanses and flushes in the past. My body has released a lot of stones but any health changes have been none or very temporary. I probably should consider another one soon, however after 2 solid months of having severe diarrhea at the beginning of this cleanse, I just can't face a deliberate creation of this symptom to cleanse my liver at this moment. LOL.
    Last edited by Dawn; 11th April 2012 at 08:18.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Carmen (12th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (11th April 2012), kanishk (13th April 2012), Limor Wolf (22nd September 2012), maielle (11th May 2014), Pam (20th December 2015), spiritwind (9th September 2012), Swanette (29th April 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

BTW I am not fermenting my food, yet I am juicing my vegetables and greens in order to gain the minerals and enzymes.
    With the juicer I am able to drink equivalent to 1 Kg vegetables and greens a day. I could not intake it by eating.
    Using a juicer I can put in some healthy greens and herbs I dislike and mask the taste with more dominant tastes.

I am also eating starch, fat and protein.
    I am trying to be moderate on all modalities.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Pathwalker: BTW I am not fermenting my food, yet I am juicing my vegetables and greens in order to gain the minerals and enzymes.
    With the juicer I am able to drink equivalent to 1 Kg vegetables and greens a day. I could not intake it by eating.
    Using a juicer I can put in some healthy greens and herbs I dislike and mask the taste with more dominant tastes.

I am also eating starch, fat and protein.
    I am trying to be moderate on all modalities.
    Well, I was doing the same thing you are with very poor results. And I kept getting sicker each year. So... you might need to do more at some point. For me I came to the absolute end of the road as to any health benefits juicing could provide me. Without beneficial bacteria and with so many pathogenic organisms eating the sugar in the healthy fresh organic juices and organic foods I was eating...my body was simply unable to remain healthy. That is why I created this thread.... for those of us who are no longer helped by the diet you mention.

If you have healthy flora and fauna, your diet should be an excellent one. But if your inner and outer garden of bacteria has been compromised then no matter how healthy your diet is ... you will not experience health. Unfortunately most of the Western world does not have the healthy bacteria needed to remain disease free.

So, this thread provides a recipe for health for people like me and my offspring.

Oh, I forgot to mention something very important. Although I still experience almost daily die-off symptoms... I am now pain free from head to toe. That is wonderful at my age. Over the years the symptoms I've had from imbalanced gut flora have led to diagnoses from various doctors of Lupus, arthritus, Parkinsons, MS, fibromyalgia, and massive organ failure. I have refused treatment for all of these... and now I don't have any of the symptoms. What a relief!
    Last edited by Dawn; 11th April 2012 at 08:31.

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

conk (11th April 2012), Dennis Leahy (11th April 2012), DoubleHelix (21st September 2012), kanishk (13th April 2012), Limor Wolf (22nd September 2012), maielle (11th May 2014), Pam (20th December 2015), PathWalker (11th April 2012), Rainbowbrite (19th April 2012), Rosemarie (29th December 2018), Swanette (29th April 2012), Twelvestrand (21st January 2013)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Just found out this great article here

Helping the body's defense system
    The body's defense system is only as dependable as the support it gets. Some people are just blessed with a good set of genes that ensure a strong immune system. For others who are not as lucky, they must work for immunity by observing proper nutrition, sufficient rest, a healthy active lifestyle, plenty of sun and reduced stress. Recent studies have shown that getting enough of these while cutting down on unhealthy habits and avoiding processed foods restores the immune system to peak performance.

Observing proper sanitation also plays a vital role in keeping the immune system working. It is recognized as the best preventive medicine and its actual practice can reduce outbreaks and diseases, translating to significant economic, environmental as well as social benefits.

Antibiotics and vaccination as remedies to assist the body's defenses against disease have now been debunked by recent findings. Of late, antibiotics have been shown to attack beneficial bacteria in the stomach and suppress immune functions.

Foods that naturally boost the immune system
    Foods that boost the body's immune system can offer a lot of healthy options for those who wish to be more conscious in what they take in. To be sustained, the immune system heavily depends on the stomach for support. Malnourished individuals are more susceptible to disease as opposed to those who observe a healthy nutritious diet. Below are some of these examples:

1. Echinacea - Echinacea is a popular herb that has been identified to boost immunity. Combined with goldenseal, another herb, or enjoyed alone as tea, this member of the daisy family has been found to prevent and treat upper respiratory tract infections as well as the common cold.

2. Ginseng - This herb has many varieties. The most commonly studied variety is Panax ginseng, also known as Korean ginseng. Its main active component, ginsenosides, has been proven to have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Clinical research studies have demonstrated that it may improve immune and psychological functions as well as conditions related to diabetes.

3. Garlic - This spice has had a long history of medicinal value. In a recent study conducted by Dr. Ellen Tattelman, an assistant professor at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, New York, it was reconfirmed that garlic indeed has cardiovascular, anti-microbial and antineoplastic properties. It's also a perfect spice to use when doing sauteed dishes.

4. Bell peppers- This pepper variety does not contain capsaicin, unlike its other feisty cousins. On the contrary, it is sweet and crunchy and contains the carotenoid lycopene which lowers the risk of cancer; beta-carotene which is converted to vitamin A; and Zeaxanthin, known to prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.

5. Ginger - This herb has been shown to reduce inflammation, cardiovascular conditions, blood clots and cholesterol. In a study, researchers found that animal subjects given ginger extracts had a significant reduction in cholesterol and blood clotting qualities. Moreover, it has been observed to inhibit the behavior of genes connected with inflammation.

6. Turmeric- This spice contains curcumin, which has notable antioxidant properties. It also has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and stomach soothing benefits. It reduces inflammation by stimulating the adrenal glands to increase the hormone that lessens inflammation. Animal studies on this herb have revealed that turmeric protects the liver from the adverse effects of alcohol and certain toxins. Turmeric also helps in digestive problems by stimulating bile flow.

7. Gingko Biloba- Gingko biloba's leaves contain antioxidant compounds called bilobalides and ginkgolides that protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. Moreover, it has also been found to protect against radiation. In a study using animal subjects, ginkgo was demonstrated to have protected the test subjects against radiation poisoning. The latest research also suggests that extracts of this herb can neutralize oxidizing agents and free radicals caused in the cells due to radiation, thus preventing cell death. In fact, NaturalNews recently reported that ginkgo extracts reduce brain damage by up to 50 percent.

8. Ganoderma- This is a bitter mushroom also known as reishi. It has long been a popular herb in Chinese medicine attributed to assisting in longevity and health. Further studies on this oriental herb reveal that it strengthens immunity and combats cancer. Moreover, it has antioxidant properties and provides relief from urinary tract infections.

9. Astralagus - Also from China, this herb stimulates the immune system and aids in digestion and adrenal gland functions. It is also a diuretic. The effectiveness of this herb is due to polysaccharides, saponins and flavonoids. It has also been taken to combat the common cold and flu. Its digestive health benefits demonstrate the lowering of stomach acidity, resulting to an increase in the body's metabolic rates and the promotion of waste elimination.

10. Cat's claw - This herb from Peru is commonly used for stomach problems. Recently, however, it is becoming known as an exceptional immune response stimulator that helps the body to fight off infections and degenerative diseases. It contains oxindole alkaloids enhancing the immune system's capacity to engulf and destroy pathogens.

From a practical perspective, taking in food which boosts the immune system while enjoying it at the same time can be a cost effective way to maintain health. Coupled with a healthy lifestyle, sufficient rest and a positive outlook in life, staying healthy does not have to cost an arm and a leg.

Sources for this article:

http://www.immunesystemremedies.com/...ne-system.html
    http://www.sanitation-is-dignity.org/why_sanitation
    http://immunedisorders.homestead.com/antibiotics.html
    http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/echinacea-000239.htm
    http://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/1015/p1539.html
    http://www.naturalnews.com/027469_gi...on_damage.html
    http://altmedicine.about.com/od/herb.../ganoderma.htm
    http://www.naturalnews.com/027223_AS...ne_system.html
    http://www.naturalnews.com/032917_cats_claw_herb.html

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035530_im...#ixzz1rit8upq4

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Limor Wolf (22nd September 2012), maielle (11th May 2014), MariaDine (12th September 2013)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Pathwalker, I'm glad you put up the above post. It illustrates how we have been using herbs and natural remedies. We have been using them with nearly the same mental attitude as allopathic medicine has. That is, we use them to address symptoms of illness, and to kill off pathogens. And THAT is actually the problem because it does not address the underlying issue, and in fact can make it infinitely worse.

I have spent the past 25 years learning about the immune system and taking every healthy food and health giving herb known to man. I have read extensively on the subject of cleansing, herbal treatments, and healthy diets of all types. I have gone to many healers, and done many protocols based on herbs, diet, foods, and exercise. I have been a practicing healer myself for 20 years as well. NONE of these things has addressed this issue.

This thread is about toxic gut flora and fauna being the silent killer throughout our society... and how to correct it... it is NOT about the modalities you are bringing up.

PLEASE READ the topic and EDUCATE yourself FIRST before posting on this thread about your wonderful knowledge. All of the things you are pointing to DO NOT address and cure autism, or the other diseases mentioned at the beginning of the thread. They might help the symptoms, but only if you keep taking them or doing them.

If we can implant healthy internal flora and fauna and eliminate pathogens by not feeding them the food they are living on within us... then permanent healing takes place. Not only that, but the 'good bacteria and viruses' nurture our bodies and fight off invaders so that we become truly healthy.

You probably did not intend this... but some of you are acting as trolls and derailing this thread by continuously bringing in old info about cleansing. This thread is NOT about this topic... it is about a new attitude completely. One that nurtures life and one that creates a permanent solution.

PS: I have taken rounds of every single herb mentioned in the above post. They caused die off, however they did not address the underlying issues. In fact many of them made the problem worse because they acted as natural antibiotics and further killed off gut organisms, both bad and good. In this way my problem became worse over my lifetime.
    Last edited by Dawn; 11th April 2012 at 18:36.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

DoubleHelix (21st September 2012), jorr lundstrom (11th April 2012), kanishk (13th April 2012), Limor Wolf (22nd September 2012), maielle (11th May 2014), RunningDeer (13th March 2013), Swanette (29th April 2012), Twelvestrand (21st January 2013)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,885 times in 912 posts

Hi Dawn,

I think you are really onto something here for many people with health/diet issues.

I suspect that people who have problems eating gluten products have their intestinal environments out of whack.

David Wolf address this issue but, his focus is on "Candida" cleanse.

Have you looked into drinking "Kombucha"
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Limor Wolf (22nd September 2012), Swanette (29th April 2012)

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Hi 13th warrior. I am rediscovering all the old fermented beverages now. I used to drink Kombucha like a fish, however it did nothing to help me. Now that I have a radically different diet, which is slowly starving the pathogenic organisms, and am also implanting 'good organisms' daily, things are changing. Kombucha might work now. I would have to be sure that there is absolutely no sugar at all left in the brew however, because I still have pathogenic hold outs that love sugar and bloom like crazy if I eat anything with sugar in it. At this point the pathogens have breached the intestinal barrier and are all throughout my body and nervous system, so not feeding them is of utmost importance.

Thanks for the reminder. After 3 months on this diet the ONLY sweet thing I am consuming is cinnamon tea. Not sure how palatable Kombucha without any sweetener at all will be... perhaps I could get a living Kombucha mushroom and after every last sugar molecule is gone I could add cinnamon to sweeten slightly? Hmmmm.... that is something I might try in the future. Thanks again.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

13th Warrior (11th April 2012)

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

All of the things you are pointing to DID NOT help me over that past 25 years to correct the problem facing me. Until now I have not found a single thing which has deeply addressed the root of my problem, and I am not alone.
    Beloved Dawn,

Please be kind to yourself and appreciate your body and the hell you went through together. You are a strong women.

Here are some point to consider:
    1. You are alive and functional. Be supportive and grateful to your body, after what it went and going.
    2. You have much control over your health, and vast knowledge about healing.
    3. You did not heal the cause of your condition. I sense it is not at the physical. And the physical condition is a reflection. You heal one symptom and another one comes.

My suggestion is 2 phase healing.
    1. Strengthen the body to level you are not in agony and can attend your emotional cleansing.
    2. Go through emotional cleansing. It is scary and painful. Some people will prefer to die rather face their internal daemons and trauma.

Dolores Canon have a technique that goes directly to the sub conscious and the sub conscious does instant healing.

Love
    Health and happiness
    PathWalker

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Dawn (21st September 2013), maielle (11th May 2014)

20. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

Dawn, you have mentioned sugars several times. Have you tried stevia? And do you see any problems with having stevia in one's diet?

Dennis
    p.s. I'm in the middle of listening to the series with Natasha Campbell-McBride. Fascinating.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Dawn (11th April 2012)

22. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,975 times in 20,621 posts

Does anyone know how homeopathic remedies might address the problems at issue here?
    Each breath a gift...

23. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Does anyone know how homeopathic remedies might address the problems at issue here?
    I'm far enough into the audio links at the beginning of the OP to have heard that diet, probiotics, and juicing (for cleansing) and other cleansing techniques are what are recommended. And, fermented foods. I don't have the specifics, and perhaps that will require buying her book. I'd happily pay for any book that can help me back to optimum health.

So, if my understanding of homeopathic remedies is correct, they stimulate the body to make something needed. I have a strong feeling that this is not something that can simply be stimulated to occur, but rather is from adding probiotics.

Dennis

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Dawn (11th April 2012), onawah (12th April 2012), Twelvestrand (21st January 2013)

25. Link to Post #34
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Thanks for the reminder. After 3 months on this diet the ONLY sweet thing I am consuming is cinnamon tea. Not sure how palatable Kombucha without any sweetener at all will be... perhaps I could get a living Kombucha mushroom and after every last sugar molecule is gone I could add cinnamon to sweeten slightly? Hmmmm.... that is something I might try in the future. Thanks again.

I'm sure Stevia (or possibly xyletol, though I vastly prefer stevia) would be fine to use (though check and see?)

I don't think this is "THE" answer to health, I think it is "A" answer, and a very important one especially when considering the saying "as above so below" (and the fractal nature of reality).

I spent a month in Mongolia last summer & at the same time was "cutting sugar" from my diet, I think I picked up a new set of internal flora/fauna while there and have noticed significant differences in my body's digestive track since (for the better), I wonder if this is an area/ topic that needs further review, can we "infect" ourselves with beneficial organisms (which it sounds you are trying to encorage the return of, not introduce new ones?) I think this topic (or the twist on it) needs further examination but I am not well equipped to persue it. (or is this basically what "probiotics" are all about? perhaps somoene could isolate the more aggressive ones? maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree....)

I think this is a good focus for everyone (though results will vary) however I also think that supplemental nutrition is key as well (balance, balance!)

You are amazed at the ability for this type of focus to cure diseases that were thought "incurable", I encourage you to look into the work of dr Joel Wallach, he has done the exact same thing from a different approach : nutritional supplements.

I started a thread ( https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...r-Joel-Wallach ) on this recently and have read a lot about this man and his approach to preventative health (not symptom relief) and think you would enjoy it based on the contents of this thread.
    Last edited by TargeT; 11th April 2012 at 19:59.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Dawn (21st September 2013), PathWalker (11th April 2012), Twelvestrand (21st January 2013)

27. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

These movies might be interesting. This lady used raw food for a long time and is now 70 years of age, wow!!

Last edited by Eram; 11th April 2012 at 20:18.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

DoubleHelix (21st September 2012), laperle (18th February 2013), PathWalker (13th April 2012)

29. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Here's a little bit more info about how we got into this state.

Growing in a sterile womb as a fetus we are in a sterile environment and have no need for protection of our digestive system or skin. As we are born through the birth canal we are coated with our mothers mucus and bacteria which live within her vagina. This gift goes with us into the world and brings us into a cooperative relationship with the flora and fauna which will make up much of our DNA and will coat us both outside our body on our skin and within our body's digestive tract. These beneficial organisms have been with us for millenia and are our friends, living in symbiosis with our bodies. They protect us from pathogenic organisms, line our gut with mucus to protect us from possible toxins and pathogens that are introduced on what we eat. They even digest our food and provide us with B vitamins and many other vitamins so that we can thrive. They also protect our skin from harmful invaders.

Over millenia we learned how to live with these colonies and even enhance them. In all cultures around the world, until very recently, this was done through the constant introduction of probiotic foods and skin treatments. Refrigeration came in about the time of antibiotics, followed by factory fresh food, and a medical profession who got rich from treating our ailments. This is a very recent thing, about 3 generations ago now.

Prior to then, ketsup was an alive probiotic, beer was alive with beneficial microorganisms, wine was alive, sauerkraut and other fermented vegetables were served with every meal. In some cultures this reliance on living foods has been preserved. For example, in Korea kimchee is still served with every meal. I used to marvel at the flawless skin of even older Korean women in the spa where I went to enjoy saunas and hot baths.

So how are we different today.
    1... Babies are born in hospitals. My baby was born through a Cesarian section and never got the benefit of a trip through my birth canal. Then, even though I had requested 'rooming in' in order to nurse her, she was fed bottles of sterilized water and sugar each day without my knowledge. So she did not nurse well and got very little colostrum. How were you handled as an infant? Were you fed soy milk from a plastic bottle with a rubber nipple that was heated in a microwave? Or did you get your first nourishment from the breast of a healthy mother who gifted you with her beneficial flora and fauna so you would have a healthy immune system?

2. We wash our bodies with soaps that contain glycerine and other even more harmful chemicals. None of these are friendly to our bacteria. Even if, like me, you prefer to rinse your body in hot water without soap ... there is still chlorine in it which harms your external bacterial coating. My skin has never been so healthy as during the past year using a whole house filter... even so our town upped the dose of something in the water during the winter months and suddenly we had something getting through our filtering system. Within one day of using this water my skin became dry from head to toe and my hair lost its luster. We have since replaced our filter, but who knows if we are getting all of the chemicals out? Of course, if you are lucky enough to live in an area where you get untreated spring water for your use, you are one of the lucky few.

3. Traditional cultures worldwide sit down to meals that contain probiotics. Nothing is preserved in plastic wrap or soaked in chlorine to prolong its shelf life. And all of these cultures have ways of eating fermented foods rich in friendly bugs. Each time they eat, they add friendly bacteria to their food. These probiotic bacteria, along with the ones already residing in their gut wall, break down their food into usable vitamins and minerals for health.

How does our western world compare? When was the last time you ate living probiotics with each and every meal during a day. Have you read ingredients on store bought pickles and sauerkraut lately? These foods have been filled with poisons and then boiled to kill all life in them for the most part. Even yogurt has sugar added to it or has not been fermented long enough to use up the milk sugars present. When you eat sugary yogurt it actually feeds pathogenic bacteria and is not a healthy food, despite what the manufacturers say. On top of this there are antibiotics in most animal foods because they are fed to our farm animals by agribusiness. And don't even start on GMO foods which have pesticides designed into their genetic makeup.
    Many foods, such as 'baby carrots' are actually soaked in chlorine to increase their shelf life. If you consume these sugary little toxin filled vegetable snacks you further weaken your internal garden.

In the middle of this is the medical profession. They are happy to hook us on antibiotics to 'kill' our infections which we get because our bacterial immune system has been harmed. They make a lot of money on a sick population.

One might almost think that the food industry, the medical industry, and the educational system have deliberately led us astray so we would not see what is really happening here. (LOL)

And I'd like to reply to you directly PathWalker. I agree that traumas are at the bottom of many diseases. I have done years of work on mine, and in fact am trained to work with others in releasing trauma. I do not discount that trauma is at the base of much of our imbalance (mine included). And I believe it is because I have just about completed a walk of great courage, out of my old life and into a brand new one, that I have finally allowed myself to see this problem in all its gory detail. No matter what emotional trauma I release I must still, in the end, do the actual work required to set things right. Releasing trauma allows us to see things in a clearer light... and I am sharing with all of you my latest 'Ah Ha(!)' understanding.

This thread is not about fixing me. I'm doing pretty well actually. It is about those who are suffering with this situation, but who have not found this information yet.
    Last edited by Dawn; 11th April 2012 at 23:17.

30. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

13th Warrior (12th April 2012), CdnSirian (13th April 2012), conk (12th April 2012), DoubleHelix (21st September 2012), Isthatso (13th April 2012), jp11 (15th April 2012), kanishk (13th April 2012), Limor Wolf (22nd September 2012), Paladin14 (19th March 2013), PathWalker (13th April 2012), Rainbowbrite (17th April 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2013), Swanette (29th April 2012), TargeT (11th April 2012), The Truth Is In There (16th April 2012), ThePythonicCow (12th April 2012), toothpick (14th April 2012), Twelvestrand (21st January 2013)

31. Link to Post #37
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 times in 216 posts

This is really great thread! Excellent health info here. Probiotics have become "hot topic" even for mainstream medicine in this last 3-4 years. Some big multinational companies just began to use the same lines Dawn wrote in her posts here!

Kefir is very important food. I always found it tragic as kefir was one of the traditional foodstuff of Ottoman Empire here in Anatolia, but new generations turned to sugar loaded drinks like coke or market-type juices. Luckily kefir is reborn here as lots of people rediscover it's benefits.

Quote Posted by PathWalker (here)
    As I look back at my life I realize that many of my current health problems stem directly from things doctors have prescribed or done to me and things dentists have done to my mouth. Actually, the entire medical field is based on the idea that we need to kill, sterilize, and obliterate pathogens.
    Hey Dawn I am with you about the western scientific medical paradigm.
    Yet one has a spiritual path to take, that includes many drama types. Especially health issues.
    The first step is take responsibility for your condition. And you are on it big time.

So I stopped blaming the medical profession, I understand and respect their role. Most of them have faith in their service.
    We are programmed to relinquish our health responsibility to them. And the tide is reversing big time.
    The medical and pharma establishment are in panic. The business stopped growing, and in some places stated to shrink.
    It is not that bad after all.
    And this is one of the best descriptions about mainstream medicine I've read lately. Being a health professional myself, I agree every word of what you wrote PathWalker.

Greetings from Istanbul,
    FC

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feritciva For This Post:

CdnSirian (13th April 2012), Dawn (12th April 2012)

33. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member foreverfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 times in 528 posts

34. The Following User Says Thank You to foreverfan For This Post:

genevieve (12th April 2013)

35. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Hi ForeverFan. Thanks for the video. I ordered goji seeds from a Tibetan monastery last year and have 38 healthy plants growing in old milk cartons now. I will be happy when they begin to produce berries!

Rouleaux (blood sticking together) is very common today. There are many things which almost instantly correct this. One is Mega H, a water additive which adds hydrogen ions to your drinking water and corrects rouleaux within just a few moments. Here is a live blood analysis video about this.

An even simpler way to correct rouleaux is simply allowing your body to come into contact with the earth for 5 to 30 minutes. This is because our insulation from the earth causes a build up of positive ions within our body and has a negative effect on our health. When we are in contact with the earth we are supplied with negative ions, giving us a very different experience of life and removing pain and inflammation with just 30 minutes exposure. I have taken steps to remain 'earthed' for almost 24 hours daily by adding grounding straps to my shoes, a grounding pad to my bed, and another one under my desk. These have helped me be pain free, but they have not addressed the issues being discussed here.

Does this cure autism? Does it cure autoimmune diseases permanently? If it does, does the cure remain in effect if you stop taking Goji or Mega H? That is what is being presented here.. .something simple and ancient which seems to turn around serious disease on a permanent basis.

We need to think of our bodies as countries filled with people, animals, plants, fungus and an entire ecological system. How do we create an eco system that flourishes within our bodies? Perhaps Goji, Mega H, and earthing are an important part of this. Protecting and supporting our living immune system made up of beneficial flora and fauna seems to be the key to vibrant health here.

I love the idea of being able to do this without expensive factory-fresh supporting products. I like the idea that I do not need an expensive probiotic in a bottle made far away from me and shipped for many miles to my grocery store. Not only that, but it turns out that the inexpensive things I make and grow are actually much better at their job than anything created by modern business and sold at the store.
    Last edited by Dawn; 12th April 2012 at 17:48.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

DoubleHelix (21st September 2012), genevieve (12th April 2013), kanishk (16th April 2012), Limor Wolf (22nd September 2012), PathWalker (13th April 2012), Rainbowbrite (19th April 2012), Twelvestrand (21st January 2013)

37. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Of course, I don't know the specifics of what Natasha Campbell-McBride recommends in terms of probiotic brands and what the availability is in the US.

I recently decided I'd try to learn to make yogurt, and for me (vegan), I would try almond milk. So, I went hunting for a "yogurt starter" that is vegan. I just ran across "ProGurt" and was astounded by the ridiculously high price. This is most certainly not something you could eat with your everyday breakfast. The culture packs cost $120 for 5 packs! (I think about $4/serving!), which I think would make 5 liters.

(They also say it could not be used to keep batches going - you'd have to buy it each time.)

I'd rather not link to their website, but I am curious if anyone knows about it. They claim one trillion CFU per liter. I think the probiotic capsules I am taking are 5 billion, so maybe you only need a teaspoon of this magical stuff. Anyone heard of it?

Dennis

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Dawn (3rd May 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 12 28 LastLast