+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst 1 16 26 28 LastLast

Thread: The gut of most disease... NOT what you think!

1. Link to Post #501
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,546 times in 20,693 posts

Default Re: The gut of most disease... NOT what you think!

Dr Russell Blaylock: Nutrition and the Illuminati Agenda

Quote Dr. Russell Blaylock illustrates and
    discusses how the human population
    is being manipulated into violence and
    eventually destruction through the
    use of nutrition or the lack thereof.
    He says the nutritional manipulation
    and biological manipulation from
    national or international Pharma/Food/
    BioTech companies are degrading and
    impairing the human cognitive function
    and intellect. This is deliberate and
    strategic (as in Agenda 21 or Codex
    Alimentarious), for the Illuminati to
    keep the human populace suppressed,
    confused and oppressed.
    There is a revolving door at the FDA,
    where former executives of poison-
    producing companies have become the
    wolves minding the henhouse, all while
    increasing the prison industrial complex;
    adding new laws and outlawing
    naturopathic remedies, in a constant war
    on the people.
    Over-vaccinations and mandatory
    vaccines are also covered by Dr. Blaylock
    and how people are being destroyed
    mentally and physically because of this.
    He also covers how misleading studies,
    like those of soy products funded by
    Illuminati or government-owned
    institutions also have destructive
    nutritional components (collective or
    individual) to further blindside the people.
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

3(C)+me (16th May 2015), conk (14th August 2015), Dawn (23rd October 2014), Elixir (26th August 2014), Miller (3rd October 2015), Pam (8th July 2015), RunningDeer (26th August 2014), seko (6th May 2015), StandingWave (26th August 2014), voices of silence (5th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #502
    United States Avalon Member desertrat46's Avatar
    Thanks

You say the gut holds the key. I have a question about my health please. I'm a 52 yr old male, I have bad knees from working on them. I have them both scoped for torn meniscus (12 yrs ago), and now I'm told I have a tear in both knees again. The MRI said I have some arthritis in them too, but Orthopedic doc says very minimal? Doc want to do surgery? Well besides that, I had a triple by-pass 10yrs ago too, and with that came insomnia. I was on Plavix, not 6 months, but 8yrs, no one told me to stop! And since that bypass I had serious insomnia. What to do? And yes my ears ring too, probably 20yrs now. Where can I get some correct free help, money is a problem, as my health has been a problem.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desertrat46 For This Post:

Dawn (23rd October 2014), voices of silence (5th July 2015)

5. Link to Post #503
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Trailer for the new documentary Fed Up, about how bad processed food is for us: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
    Taking responsibility for your own health means doing a lot of research and experimentation, desertrat46.
    Reading this thread should help, and there are other threads on Avalon about healing ourselves.
    Relying on allopathic medicine & Big Pharma has many pitfalls, one of them being that people are discouraged from being self-reliant and from heeding simple common sense, which is what a lot of folk remedies rely on.
    Realizing that is a big step in the right direction.
    I don't know if anyone can advise you where you can get free help; that is hard to come by almost anywhere in the world.
    But if you have a local health food store and a Farmer's Market, those might be good places to start, also seeing if there is a Naturopath in your area, or someone who knows a lot about homeopathic remedies and/or herbs.
    Energy medicine like Reiki can help, and doesn't usually cost a lot.
    And you can do your own research on the Net, it would seem, as you are a member of this forum.
    I've found a lot of good health information on Dr. Mercola's website.
    Just spending time out in Nature, lying on the ground, walking barefoot on the Earth, is very healing.
    Asking for help is good, perseverance is good. Sometimes it's 2 steps forward, 1 step backward, but that's still progress....Good Luck!

Quote Posted by desertrat46 (here)
    You say the gut holds the key. I have a question about my health please. I'm a 52 yr old male, I have bad knees from working on them. I have them both scoped for torn meniscus (12 yrs ago), and now I'm told I have a tear in both knees again. The MRI said I have some arthritis in them too, but Orthopedic doc says very minimal? Doc want to do surgery? Well besides that, I had a triple by-pass 10yrs ago too, and with that came insomnia. I was on Plavix, not 6 months, but 8yrs, no one told me to stop! And since that bypass I had serious insomnia. What to do? And yes my ears ring too, probably 20yrs now. Where can I get some correct free help, money is a problem, as my health has been a problem.
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Dawn (23rd October 2014), Pam (28th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #504
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,900 times in 15,481 posts

Why the Use of Glyphosate in Wheat Has Radically Increased Celiac Disease

September 14, 2014 | 253,930 views

| Disponible en Español

Click HERE to watch the full interview!

By Dr. Mercola
    The use of glyphosate, the active ingredient in the broad-spectrum herbicide Roundup, has dramatically risen over the past 15 years, right in step with the use of GE crops.

According to Dr. Stephanie Seneff, a senior research scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), glyphosate appears to be strongly correlated with the rise in celiac disease.

Dr. Anthony Samsel and Dr. Seneff produced some phenomenal research1 on this connection, which was published in December last year. Previously, she has investigated the relationship between glyphosate and the development of a wide array of modern diseases, including autism.

She believes that glyphosate may in fact act as a transporter for aluminum (a common vaccine adjuvant) into the brain. It also appears to transport arsenic into the kidneys. For more in-depth information on this glyphosate-autism link, please listen to the full version of Dr. Seneff's interview.

Use of Roundup Matches Increased Use of GE Crops, and Rise in Chronic Diseases
    Her initial findings were published in the journal Entropy2 last year, which was followed by a second paper,3 again co-authored with Dr. Samsel, which links glyphosate to celiac disease specifically.
    "There's an extremely strong correlation between the use of Roundup on corn and soy over time and the increase in all these different diseases, and celiac disease is one of them," she says.

"We certainly have seen an explosive appearance of celiac disease almost overnight in the last five to 10 years... Now you have a growing section of gluten-free choices of various food products...

Lots of people are intolerant to gluten, of course. But people aren't thinking, 'Why is this now true? This didn't use to be true'... I was really puzzled because wheat is not a GE product... GMO wheat is not a product that's on the market."

So what's going on? Dr. Seneff's research reveals that when it comes to gluten intolerance and celiac disease, the problem actually doesn't stem from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).

Rather it’s related to the use of glyphosate just before the harvesting of many of the non-organic wheat crops, in order to reduce the amount of residue that needs to be cleared and to get a head start on next year’s weeds.

Glyphosate-Treated Wheat Promotes Celiac Disease
    Celiac disease is a severe reaction to gluten that primarily affects your gastrointestinal system. Glyphosate has been shown to severely damage your gut flora and cause chronic diseases rooted in gut dysfunction.

The use of glyphosate on wheat crops has risen in tandem with the rise in celiac disease. In fact, it correlates to a greater degree than glyphosate usage on corn and soy.

According to Dr. Seneff, desiccating4 non-organic wheat crops with glyphosate just before harvest came in vogue about 15 years ago. Interestingly enough, when you expose wheat to a toxic chemical like glyphosate, it actually releases more seeds. “It ‘goes to seed’ as it dies,” Dr. Seneff explains. “At its last gasp, it releases the seed.”

This results in slightly greater yield, and the glyphosate also kills rye grass, a major weed problem for wheat growers that is resistant to many other herbicides. What they're not taking into consideration is the fact that rye grass helps rebalance the soil, and from that perspective is a beneficial plant.

So, most of the non-organic wheat supply is now contaminated with glyphosate. A large percentage of processed foods are made from wheat, and this helps explain the explosion of celiac disease and other gut dysfunction.

What happens is that the villi in your gut get destroyed by the glyphosate, which reduces your ability to absorb vitamins and minerals. Also, wheat contains gliadin, which is difficult to break down. Normally, a reaction takes place that builds connections between different proteins in the wheat.

But glyphosate gets right in the middle of that process too, resulting in wheat that is highly indigestible. Dr. Seneff and her co-researcher Dr. Anthony Samsel believe the glyphosate may attach to the gliadin as a consequence of a chemical reaction. The end result is that your body develops an immune reaction. As noted in their study:5
    "[G]ut dysbiosis, brought on by exposure to glyphosate, plays a crucial role in the development of celiac disease. Many CYP enzymes are impaired in association with celiac disease, and we show that glyphosate's known suppression of CYP enzyme activity in plants and animals plausibly explains this effect in humans."

Glyphosate Disrupts Important Sulfate Pathway Implicated in Celiac Disease
    Glyphosate causes gut dysbiosis (a condition of microbial imbalance in your intestines that can lead to gut inflammation and leaky gut) and an overgrowth of pathogens. Sulfur, and the sulfur pathway, plays in important part in optimal health, and when your gut is inflamed, your body’s ability to transport sulfate is impaired.

This is in part why Dr. Seneff recommends soaking in magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt) baths rather than taking a sulfur supplement (such as chondroitin sulfate, for example.) This way, it can bypass your gut mucosa. The sulfur pathway is also implicated in celiac disease, and this is the connection between glyphosate exposure and celiac:
    "There are two classes of molecules that transport sulfate. One is the sterols: cholesterol, vitamin D, and all sex hormones – estrogen, testosterone, and DHEA. On the other side, you have all the neurotransmitters. This is the dopamine, melatonin, serotonin, and the adrenaline. All of those transport sulfate. They're all derived from this pathway that glyphosate disrupts," Dr. Seneff explains.

"Glyphosate disrupts the shikimate pathway, which is a biological pathway in plants and in microbes. That pathway produces the precursors to all those neurotransmitters. When you can't produce those precursors... because of the glyphosate, you become deficient.

This links directly to celiac disease because serotonin is very strongly implicated in celiac disease. In fact, you have an overproduction of serotonin whenever you have dietary tryptophan. In celiac, these cells are hypersensitized. They take in the tryptophan and make serotonin out of it [editor's note: the majority of serotonin is produced in your gut, not your brain].

Tryptophan is one of the products of this pathway that glyphosate disrupts.
    Your body is really eager to grab every bit of tryptophan it can find in the diet and immediately turn it into serotonin... But too much serotonin causes diarrhea. That's how you get a connection to the celiac disease behavior."

To summarize, most of the serotonin that's produced in your body is produced in your gut in response to tryptophan. Wheat is a good source of tryptophan, but when the wheat is contaminated with glyphosate, your gut cells go into overdrive and begin producing too much serotonin, which in turn produces many of the common symptoms of celiac disease, such as diarrhea.

Celiac Disease Comorbidities
    According to Dr. Seneff, there are a number of comorbidities of celiac disease: diseases or conditions that are more common in people with celiac disease compared to the normal population. For example, they have a higher risk of producing children with disabilities and various birth defects. One example is anencephaly or microcephaly, which is a missing brain or small brain.

She notes that this exceptionally rare disorder, anencephaly, has become increasingly common in babies born in certain regions of Washington State. While this serious birth defect normally affects only one in the entire US population each year, there have been about 20 cases born in Washington State over the course of just two or three years.
    "They looked at everything except at glyphosate," she notes. "They didn't look at glyphosate because they consider it to be harmless. They are using tons of it around the waterway...There have been papers written that have shown that glyphosate causes anencephaly in frogs—a clear connection there. I even know why. It's because of the excess retinoic acid, which is well-known to cause anencephaly... glyphosate also disrupts cytochrome p450 enzymes in the liver; it's a CYP enzyme that breaks down retinoic acid.

When you can't break it down... the retinoic acid builds up and becomes toxic to the embryo. It's very clear to me, that connection. And then, of course, the celiac disease is an indicator of glyphosate exposure. Celiac patients also have a very high risk of cancer. That's probably why they die prematurely. They typically live a shorter life. I think their life is reduced by three to five years."
    Gastrointestinal (GI) cancer and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma are among the most common comorbidities among those with celiac disease. Here Dr. Seneff goes into a number of details relating to glyphosate's influence on cancer and its link tonon-Hodgkin's lymphoma. For those details, please listen to the full version Dr. Seneff's interview, or read through the transcript. It seems clear that if you have cancer or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, you'd be wise to switch to an all-organic diet in order to avoid any further exposure to glyphosate.

Dr. Seneff believes it's important to address sulfate deficiency whenever you're suffering with a chronic disease, including cancer and lymphoma. In her opinion, eating sulfur-rich foods is part and parcel of the solution. Garlic is a very good source of sulfur. Raw garlic is the most potent. According to Dr. Seneff, you don't need to concern yourself with the issue of sulfate transport because the garlic form of sulfur is very easy to transport. Your red blood cells oxidize it to sulfate, and it gets into your blood as sulforaphane.

Glyphosate Chelates Minerals and Promotes Deficiencies
    Making sure you're getting enough trace minerals is also important, as glyphosate disrupts a wide variety of them, including manganese, iron, cobalt (cobalamin) and molybdenum, and copper, just to name a few. All of these minerals are affected because the glyphosate causes your body to mismanage them. It chelates the minerals in your gut, so the gut bacteria can't get to them. And your gut bacteria need minerals to work properly. For example, Lactobacillus depends on manganese. According to Dr. Seneff, these bacteria have an unusual mechanism to protect themselves from oxidative damage, which involves manganese. But they can't get at it because the manganese hides inside the glyphosate molecule...

The human body depends on minerals for a wide variety of functions, but it's important to get minerals in a bioavailable form. You can't take a mineral supplement. You need to get them through your diet so that your body can utilize them properly. Hence, an organic diet devoid of glyphosate is again the answer. Natural salt, such as sea salt or Himalayan salt is also a good addition to eating lots of vegetables.

Is There Hope for the Future?
    The chemical technology industry controls most of our government agencies from the inside these days, which can easily make one despondent. Is there any hope for the future?
    "There is hope," Dr. Seneff says. "I have hope through China and Russia, interestingly enough. Russia has made a pretty strong stand against GMO.Putin has been saying, 'You can go ahead and eat your GMO foods, but we don't want them.' The guy knows, which I love. And I just came back from a conference in Beijing put on by Professor Gu.

She brought in people from around the world... who are sounding the alarm about GMOs and Roundup. Don Huber was there, and Mae-Wan Ho... Jeffrey Smith... and from Australia, there was Judy Carman, who studied the pigs...China will really have an impact if they simply refuse to import GMO soy. They're finding, by the way, that in step with the increased imports of GMO Roundup-Ready soy… they're finding tremendous increases in autism, Parkinson's disease, infertility, and all the same things we're seeing here.

...I just do not understand how the US government refuses to acknowledge that we're basically slowly poisoning and killing our population. We're going to have a huge autism problem in 10 or 15 years. Mothers rising up and saying 'I'm going to feed my child organic food only'—that's the only way we're going to stop it. We have to push the organic movement... In fact, one of the people at this conference was Zen Honeycutt, founder of Moms Across America, which is an organization of moms. Her son had autism. She fixed his autism by putting him on an organic diet."

Can You Detox Glyphosate?
    It's important to understand that you cannot wash glyphosate off genetically engineered foods, as it is then incorporated into each cell of the plant. And when you're consuming processed foods, clearly you cannot rinse off any contamination—it's already been processed into the final product. So truly, the only way to eliminate it from your diet is to avoid conventionally grown foods and processed foods, and to eat as many organic foods as possible. Organic standards do not permit glyphosate. Do not confuse this with labels that say "natural" or "all-natural." These are not regulated, and are often GMO!

This is equally if not more important when it comes to meat and other animal products, as factory-farmed animals are typically raised on a GMO diet, and glyphosate bioaccumulates in the tissues. So what about detoxing? According to Dr. Seneff, they've had some success detoxing animals of glyphosate by feeding them charcoal and humus (the dark organic material in soils). The problem, again, is that glyphosate bioaccumulates throughout your body, and it can be difficult to get out. It's also unclear just how effective taking charcoal might be for humans.

In short, it's much harder to reverse the damage once it's done, so the answer is to avoid glyphosate from the start—especially in your child's diet. The only way to do that right now is to buy certified organic food, or food from a local farmer you know is not using glyphosate or other synthetic chemicals. Perhaps the best alternative is to grow your own. "I think there's going to be a run on organic once everybody wakes up," Dr. Seneff says. "If you're not growing your own, you won't have access. It would be very difficult."

Take Control of Your Health—Choose Your Foods Wisely
    According to Dr. Seneff, a number of frightening revelations concerning GE foods themselves came out during the Beijing conference, which we did not have time to go over in this interview. But clearly, besides the potential hazards associated with GE foods—which includes heightened allergenicity—the issue of glyphosate contamination is a very important one. It appears to play an instrumental role not only in celiac disease, but also in autism, Alzheimer's, and cancer. In fact, Dr. Seneff's work suggests it may play a role in most chronic diseases.
    "There are many, many reasons to avoid these processed foods that our government is encouraging us to eat," she says. "Taking complete ownership of your food by growing your own is the most special thing you can do, not just for yourself but for humanity and for the earth itself. Everyone who pitches in to contribute their piece of healthy grown food with developing healthy soil is so important to our future salvation because if we don't move fast with this, we're going to end up with a country that's so sick... we're going to spend all of our time and all of our money taking care of the sick and needy. We won't be able to do anything else.

We need to move quickly, and individually make ourselves healthy by eating healthy foods and by putting in the effort to cook and the effort to grow the food ourselves. Buy organic. Support the organic farmers. Don't worry about the fact that it's costing you a little more in food because it's going to save you a huge amount on healthcare down the road. It's going to totally pay for itself. If people can get into that mindset, we can make it happen as individuals. We don't need the government [to act]."
    I recently named the GMA “the most evil corporation on the planet,” considering the fact that it consists primarily of pesticide producers and junk food manufacturers who are going to great lengths to violate some of your most basic rights—just to ensure that subsidized, genetically engineered and chemical-dependent, highly processed junk food remains the status quo.

The insanity has gone far enough. It’s time to unite and fight back, which is why I encourage you to boycott every single product owned by members of the GMA, including natural and organic brands. To learn more about this boycott, and the traitor brands that are included, please visit TheBoycottList.org. I also encourage you to donate to the Organic Consumers Fund. Your donation will help fight the GMA lawsuit in Vermont, and also help win the GMO labeling ballot initiative in Oregon in November.

Voting with your pocketbook, at every meal, matters. It makes a huge difference. By boycotting GMA Member Traitor Brands, you can help level the playing field, and help take back control of our food supply. And as always, continue educating yourself about genetically engineered foods, and share what you’ve learned with family and friends.

[-] Sources and References

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Dawn (23rd October 2014), seko (6th May 2015), spiritwind (27th November 2014), voices of silence (5th July 2015)

9. Link to Post #505
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Unfortunately, I caught this 'Thread' a little late...

I'm time-poor these days...

Can anyone summarise the ((Guts of the Matter)) e.g. What's should we do to improve our health according to this study..?

10. Link to Post #506
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Too many issues have been covered on this thread (over a long period of time and various evolutionary paths of members of this thread going through various changes) to be able to realistically summarize, Jackovesk, and it hasn't been about just one study, but many...
    But what I personally have come away with is just more proof that eating organic and non-GMO, staying away from processed foods, and creating homemade probiotic and fermented foods are essential for good health.
    Each breath a gift...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Dawn (23rd October 2014), Hervé (20th October 2014), jackovesk (16th September 2014)

12. Link to Post #507
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

The Critical Role of Microflora In Vaccine Injury

Posted on: Tuesday, September 16th 2014 at 9:45 am
    Written By: Keith Bell

There are gaping holes in vaccine science, especially the critical role of microflora in mediating vaccine effects, including adverse ones.
    Quote Vaccine Injury: The Biological Plausibility of Microbial Predisposition - Part 2
    The purpose of these articles is to call attention to gaping holes in vaccine science, issues never before studied:

1) How childhood vaccines may affect flora balance and colonization, and

2) How existing flora (microbial predisposition) may affect vaccine response leading to injury.
    In Part 1, we explored microbes as the underlying beauty of diversity in explaining how children react differently to vaccines. It's known gut dysbiosis contributes to inflammation and poor vaccine response. This means imbalanced flora leads to vaccine failure. Children born with imbalanced flora may be prone to powerful vaccine reaction of the immune system leading to injury. Important microbes such as protective Bifidobacteria may be reduced or absent.

Some groups with microbial predisposition based on ancestral dietary habits may be predisposed to vaccine reaction and higher risk of injury. How childhood vaccines affect flora balance, short and long-term, remains unknown. And there are no studies about how the infant microbiome may predispose a child to vaccine injury.

By the CDC's own admission, African American boys may be one such group prone to vaccine injury: an increased risk of autism. One important microbial factor possibly explaining both poor vaccine response and vaccine injury is reduced or absent Bifidobacteria. Instead of doctors suggesting parents give their children Motrin or dangerous, glutathione-lowering Tylenol before and after vaccination, perhaps anti-inflammatory probiotics are in order to enhance vaccine response and protect from injury. This is the science of probiotics as vaccine adjuvants, except scientists aren't considering how probiotics may guard from injury. They're only interested in vaccine response to improve efficacy.

Before Dr. Brian Hooker's paper detailing significantly increased risk of autism by MMR vaccination in African American boys was retracted by its publisher, even stripped of its title, the Mayo Clinic was busy pondering why the African American immune system produces twice as many antibodies to the current rubella vaccine as Caucasians and Hispanics. They have no explanation other than genetics in disregard of microbial regulation of genes and immune response.

Here's Dr. Gregory Poland, head of the Mayo Clinic's Vaccine Research Group and Editor-in-Chief of the journal Vaccine, wondering aloud (video):
    Quote "The vaccine in essence is working differently. The question is, why? It's the same vaccine in human beings administered the same way and yet it stimulates a very different set of gene expression and protein secretion, that protein being antibody that protects us when we see the virus. We may be able to reduce the amount of side effects."
    What Dr. Poland is not factoring is gene-microbe interaction and how people have different flora balance. Why is the Mayo Clinic focused on genes when microbiota are known to switch genes on and off, regulating gene expression? Reducing risk of side effects may be better approached through microbial DNA testing to determine an individual's flora balance prior to vaccination.

Dr. Hooker attempts to explain the discrepancy by way of vitamin D levels, known lower in African Americans while vitamin D deficiency is pandemic not based on skin color, but flora balance. Vitamin D isn't just about sunshine as commonly touted by experts. Some studies paradoxically find vitamin D levels lowest in the brightest months. The rickets epidemic in the UK is considered a matter of low sun exposure and poor diet while beaches are polluted with sewage ten times over legal limits. Children in Bangladesh are not suffering rickets due to wearing too much sunblock. The epidemic is more likely tied to high rates of gestational diabetes leading to gut dysbiosis in newborns beginning in the womb. It's no accident all the major gut diseases include vitamin D deficiency where these diseases are matters of microbial overgrowth. Microbes make and break vitamin D. They produce precursors of the hormone, vitamin D, and the enzymes responsible for its degradation. Moreover, small intestinal malabsorption due to gut dysbiosis leads to vitamin and mineral deficiency associated with hormonal imbalance. We're only beginning to learn how gut microbiota affect hormone levels. Bifidobacteria control inflammation by way of increasing hormone-secreting endocrine cells and improving gut barrier function.

Dr. Hooker also cites a 2010 paper where the Hepatitis B vaccine administered at birth results in higher rates of autism in nonwhite boys. "Non-Hispanic white boys were 64% less likely to have autism diagnosis relative to nonwhite boys." Armed with this information, why would any doctor allow an African American male newborn HepB vaccination within 12 hours of birth per cruel CDC schedule?

And what of newborns of all races and both genders potentially predisposed to vaccine injury based on microbial predisposition? Not only are genes passed from mother to child, but so are her microbes which interact with genes. With gut imbalances and diseases such as obesity, diabetes, Celiac and Crohn's on the rise affecting future generations, we're also seeing higher rates of vaccine injury.

Microbial-gene interaction is at the core of the problem, overlooked and underappreciated. Scientists are too quick to blame genetics when addressing vaccine injury without considering how microbes turn genes on and off like light switches. It's complicated by the fact that genes also regulate flora balance, a two-way street. Microbes regulate host genes while genes regulate microbial activity. We're in this together.

Blood antigen secretor status is normally considered controlled by genes. Bifidobacteria are found significantly reduced in non-secretors where African Americans were found to have the highest percentage of non-secretors.

Gene-microbe interaction is an intracellular phenomenon not yet part of our sterile textbook landscape. The Kreb's cycle, for example, is still taught as sterile process disconnected from the web of life. There are no diagrams of the Kreb's cycle integrating intracellular microbes doing the backstroke in cytosol of cells, releasing toxins, aldehydes and free fatty acids affecting energy metabolism.

The playing field of this interaction is the gut where 70% of the body's immune system resides. So, why would African Americans produce twice the antibodies by vaccination compared to other races per Mayo Clinic?

To answer this question, let's take a close view of where these antibodies are produced in the gut, Peyer's patches and cryptopatches. This is a groundbreaking 1990 electron microscope image of a sheep's ileum, last section of small intestine where the immune system is intimately associated with lymphatic and nervous systems, nerve bundles and fibers known as vagal afferents of the gut-brain, interface of microbes and their hosts:

The adaptive and innate immune systems work together to guide homeostasis of intestinal microbiota. But it's a two-way street as "a balanced indigenous microbiota is required to drive the normal development of both mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue, the epithelial barrier with its secretory IgA (and IgM) system." Our immune system controls flora balance by intestinal IgA and SIgA while flora controls the immune system.

Antibodies in breast milk were found to give lifelong benefit in regulating gut microbiota and gene expression while antibody excretion is enhanced by microbes such as bifidobacteria: a circle of life where antibodies control flora and flora stimulate antibodies. Breastfeeding improves vaccine response; certainly a matter of flora balance due to probiotics and prebiotics in breast milk where breastfed infant gut flora is up to 90% bifidobacteria. Might breastfeeding also decrease risk of vaccine injury?

T-cells called intraepithelial lymphocytes (IELs) live in and are born from intestinal cryptopatches and Peyer's patches where they help B-cells become IgA producers dependent on colonization of bacteria, a reciprocal interaction. Bifidobacteria in particular play a strong role in this formation of antibodies. Bifidobacteria may also play a role in B-cell maturation where antibodies are not required for immunity against some viruses.

There are several studies detailing bifidobacteria inducing antibody production, strain dependent. Bifidobacterium breve was found to increase antibodies produced in Peyer's patches as adjuvant of an oral influenza vaccine. Another bifidobacteria strain was found to activate immune response in lymphatic tissue of both small and large intestine. Bifidobacterium infantis was found protective in salmonella infection by inducing production of regulatory T-cells (Tregs). Bifidobacterium breve was tested in fermented milk, found to enhance B-cell and antibody production in Peyer's patches.

Elevated antibodies are known in autism indicating microbial imbalance and infection. For example, elevated anti-gliadin (IgG) antibodies may correlate with yeast overgrowth as gliadin is part of the fungal cell wall. Elevated measles antibodies known in autism is subject of great dispute as it may indicate abnormal immune reaction to vaccination.

The mighty Human Microbiome Project has yet to venture deeply into the small intestine, an equivalent of inner outer space. We're only beginning to understand how microbes influence health while vaccine scientists parrot age-old fallacy without evidence that children are born with sterile intestines, condoning vaccination within 12 hours of birth. Scientists are also revealing the unappreciated role of gut microbiota in immune response to vaccination. But in general, vaccine scientists have been living in a sterile world in utter disregard of microbial impact on immune response leading to injury. A particularly ominous example is high incidence of protozoans known in autism and how they may affect immune response in vaccination. Vertical, placental transmission of protozoans is known.

CDC protocol should be reduced and begun much later in life to allow the immune system, reliant on flora, time to develop, protecting children from injury. Microbial DNA (PCR) testing of meconium and routine stool testing pre-vaccination for biomarkers such as bifidobacteria may help avoid vaccine injury. An alternative is not to risk injury by vaccination, instead concentrating on building long-term natural immunity via optimal flora balance including nutrition.

How an abnormal immune reaction caused by vaccination leads to intestinal injury resulting in gut-brain malfunction such as autism will be explored in Part 3.

Keith Bell is a 25 year veteran of the recycling industry with interest in sanitation and health. During the 1980s, he was a UNICEF radio spokesperson in Chicago for the annual release of State of the World's Children Report. He’s particularly interested in gut-brain connection including gut-origin of seizure, underdiagnosed in epilepsy. Sanitation is Sanity poster Contact author: kbellrpi@gmail.com

Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of GreenMedInfo or its staff.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

conk (14th August 2015), Dawn (23rd October 2014), meat suit (20th October 2014), onawah (17th May 2015), seko (6th May 2015)

14. Link to Post #508
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Posted on: Sunday, November 23rd 2014 at 8:15 pm
    Written By: Sayer Ji, Founder

Deadly bacteria grow in your gut when you eat GMO food, according to a new study.

A new study titled, "The Influence of Glyphosate on the Microbiota and Production of Botulinum Neurotoxin During Ruminal Fermentation," confirms a growing suspicion that GM foods tainted with the ubiquitous agrochemical Roundup are causing widespread changes in the microbiome of those who consume them, resulting in bodily changes that are believed to lead to a wide range of lethal diseases.

As we reported in 2012, in an article titled "Roundup Herbicide Linked To Overgrowth of Deadly Bacteria," a growing body of research points to the world's most popular herbicide as causing dysbiosis (pathogenic alteration of gut bacteria), a condition which profoundly affects and alters the so-called holobiont, or total set of organisms plus human cells that make up our bodily constitution, and as a consequence, health. Because we depend on the proper selection and quantity of bacterial strains with which we co-evolved over countless eons, any significant disruption of the commensal ties to this microbial universe will result in a state of suboptimal functioning, ultimately leading to disease.

To learn more about Roundup herbicide/glyphosate toxicity, visit our GMO Research center for in-depth articles and abstracts on the topic. Also, consider a recent study that found that glyphosate within the parts-per-trillion range has endocrine disrupting and possibly carcinogenic effects.

The exploding gluten sensitivity epidemic, for instance, may be a direct result of the increasing prevalence of glyphosate-tainted commodities in the food chain, a topic recently explored in a collaborative paper produced through myself, Jeffrey Smith, Stephanie Seneff, Tom Malterre, and Dr. Tom O' Bryan, which can be read here.
    The brilliant and outspoken MIT senior scientist Stephanie Seneff is quoted in a recent article on the topic:
    Quote "The way glyphosate works is that it interrupts the shikimate pathway, a metabolic function in plants that allows them to create essential amino acids. When this path is interrupted, the plants die. Human cells don't have a shikimate pathway so scientists and researchers believed that exposure to glyphosate would be harmless."
    But now we know that glyphosate interferes with the microbial communities that form the basis for our health, altering its complex functioning in such a way that interferes with the production of basic amino acids and neurohormones, giving the harmful bacteria an upper hand.

Indeed, in the new study researchers discovered that glyphosate altered the microflora of 4-year old cows such that the highly pathogenic Clostridum botulinum strains of bacteria flourished, leading them to conlude:
    Quote "[G]lyphosate causes dysbiosis which favors the production of botulinum toxin in the rumen. The global regulations restrictions for the use of glyphosate should be re-evaluated."
    Consider that botulinum,
    Quote "..is the most acutely toxic substance known, and that despite the fact it is FDA-approved for use "cosmetically," e.g. Botox injections, it is being looked at as a potential bioweapon because it only takes 75 billionths of a gram (75 ng) to kill a person weighing 75 kg (165 lbs). It has been estimated that only 1 kilogram (2.2 lbs) would be enough to kill the entire human population."
    Any chemical capable of increasing the proliferation of botulinum producing bacteria should be considered a clear and present threat to human health. The fact that the predominant agricultural model in the U.S. relies on GM plants which are designed to survive being doused in this toxicant, e.g. GM soy, corn, canola, indicates that anyone eating a standard GMO-heavy American diet (S.A.D diet) is likely being exposed to chemicals which shift their microbiome towards the botulinum producing pole.

Present regulatory models on GM foods do not account for the widespread contamination of the food crops (and the environment) with Roundup and glyphosate, and therefore consider conventional and organically-produced crops as 'substantially equivalent,' even though glyphosate exposure and contamination of GM food clearly violates this principle.

As research on the toxicity of glyphosate (and Roundup, which may have several orders of magnitude greater toxicity) accumulates, the consumer has only one option available to avoid inevitable harm: namely, avoid at all costs foods that are produced within this chemical-dependent agricultural model, either growing one's own food, buying from a fully vetted farmer or community supported agricultural source, or focusing on buying non-GMO certified and/or organically produced food which does not rely on chemicals of this type.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

meat suit (28th November 2014), Noel (5th July 2015), onawah (17th May 2015), seko (6th May 2015), spiritwind (27th November 2014)

16. Link to Post #509
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

DNA from GMOs can pass directly into humans, study confirms

Posted on June 24, 2014 by Cecil Iscool in Health

(Via NaturalNews | Jonathan Benson) The idea that DNA from genetically modified organisms (GMOs) is broken down in the digestive tract and rendered innocuous, a common industry claim, is patently false. A recent study published in the scientific journal PLOS ONE found that large, meal-derived DNA fragments from GMOs are fully capable of transferring their genes directly into the bloodstream, deconstructing the myth that transgenic foods act on the body in the same way as natural foods.

A combined analysis of four other independent studies involving more than 1,000 human samples and a team of researchers from universities in Hungary, Denmark and the U.S. looked at the assimilation process for GMOs as they are currently consumed throughout the world. This includes derivatives of GM crops such as high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) from GM corn, for instance, and soy protein from GM soybeans, as well as meat derived from animals fed a GM-based diet.

After looking at the data on how the human body processes these and other forms of GMOs, the team discovered that DNA from GMOs is not completely broken down by the body during the digestion process. What would normally be degraded into smaller constituents like amino acids and nucleic acids was found to remain whole. Not only this, but these larger DNA fragments were found to pass directly into the circulatory system, sometimes at a level higher than actual human DNA.

“[B]ased on the analysis of over 1000 human samples from four independent studies, we report evidence that meal-derived DNA fragments which are large enough to carry complete genes can avoid degradation and through an unknown mechanism enter the human circulation system,” explained the authors in their study abstract.

“In one of the blood samples the relative concentration of plant DNA is higher than the human DNA.”

Genes from GMOs transfer into small intestine, alter composition of beneficial bacteria
    This is an astounding discovery that proves false claims made by Monsanto and others that GMOs are no different from non-GMOs as far as the body is concerned. Monsanto even claims on its “Food Safety” page for GMOs that the DNA from GMOs is “extensively digested” and “present[s] no hazards,” both of which have now been shown to be lies.

Based on this latest analysis of how food genes are transferred from the digestive tract into the bloodstream, it is now apparent that the genes of GMOs pass into the bloodstream whole. Their presence is also associated with major inflammatory conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, adenoma and colorectal cancer.

The presence of transgenic genes in the small intestine was also found to affect the composition of beneficial bacteria, which are responsible for protecting the gut against foreign invaders and helping the body absorb nutrients from food. Individuals with ileostomies, or perforations in their abdominal walls as a result of surgery, were found to literally be harboring full DNA sequences from GMOs in their intestinal tracts.

None of this is really all that surprising, of course, as the biological activities behind how GMOs are processed by the human body have never been legitimately studied. Biotechnology companies have always just claimed that GMOs are the same as real food, without any evidence to back this up, and this has been enough for the government to keep them on the market for nearly 20 years.

“One small mutation in a human being can determine so much, the point is when you move a gene, one gene, one tiny gene out of an organism into a different one you completely change its context,” said David Suzuki, co-founder of the David Suzuki Foundation. “There is no way to predict how it’s going to behave and what the outcome will be.”

Sources for this article include:
    http://www.realfarmacy.com
    http://www.plosone.org
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
    http://science.naturalnews.com

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

onawah (17th May 2015), sandy (30th November 2014), seko (6th May 2015)

18. Link to Post #510
    United States Avalon Member nzreva's Avatar
    Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
    Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    Quote Note: After using the methods espoused in this thread for 2 years I ended up finding out that it is not healthy in the long run. That is not to say that some healthy people might benefit from the info here.... but if you stay on this diet you will never be as healthy as you could/should be. If you are new here please look at my new thread here for up-to-date information: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...king-your-body
    I am on a fairly recent journey that involves re-remembering something about health that I had forgotten along the way. This has changed my health in dramatic and unexpected ways over a short period... and there will be more changes for me to come as I progress through this deep healing path.

It turns out that most illnesses we see today such as...
    ~schizophrenia
    ~depression
    ~ADHD
    ~ADD
    ~Dyspraxia
    ~Dyslexia
    ~cancer
    ~autism
    ~autoimmune diseases of every type
    ~arthritus
    ~over weight as well as under weight
    ....All have a common root. Our gut flora and fauna has become sickened and pathological due to a combination of antibiotics, chlorinated water, GMOs, food processing, food additives, and a sugar filled diet. When these ‘wee little life forms’ which live within our gut are healthy they make all our vitamins for us, digest our foods while passing along nutrients we need for robust health, and defend us against pathogens. Without them... well, look around you, we all look ill.

My personal learning curve on this began with the Rosedale diet, which eliminates all foods which digest as sugars. This was a good beginning, but without the rest of the information available through the work of D. Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD, it was not enough to change my life in the radical way I desired. A link to the first in her 6 part interview follows. ‘Gut and Psychology Sydrome (GAPS) by her is a must read if you or anyone in your family is facing health challenges  http://www.gutandpsychologysyndrome.com/

A link to the part I of her 6 part interview with Dr Mercola follows.

link to part 2: https://youtube.com/watch?v=G0B-P...feature=relmfu

link to part 3: https://youtube.com/watch?v=CjORw...feature=relmfu

link to part 4: https://youtube.com/watch?v=lVLXI...feature=relmfu

Link to part 5: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ej7fU...feature=relmfu

Link to part 6: https://youtube.com/watch?v=QHe9m...feature=relmfu

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Here is another link with a wealth of information presented in a very understandable way. This will give you an eduction about this subject in an easy to understand way:

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nzreva For This Post:

3(C)+me (9th August 2015), Hervé (5th May 2015), onawah (17th May 2015), seko (6th May 2015)

20. Link to Post #511
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Nanoparticles In Food and Water Found to Alter Gut Microbiome

By Heather Callaghan Monday, May 4, 2015

Nanotechnology - that is, metal oxide particles* such as titanium dioxide - are increasingly used in the commercial food supply, consumer goods, body care and in water treatment.

The gut microbiome is today's most appealing topic of science because it was previously unacknowledged by the medical community just how important gut health is to the human brain, hormones, immunity, mental health and more. Maintaining a healthy gut has everything to do with optimum well being.

Unfortunately, so many substances are ushered into the food supply without testing, inspection, regulation or even the courtesy of a clear label. Consumers have no idea of what they are assimilating or how it will affect their health in the long term.

Yet, a paper hot off the presses in Environmental Engineering Science shows one reason why this practice should be promptly checked.

You may wish to copy and paste "Metal Oxide Nanoparticles Induce Minimal Phenotypic Changes in a Model Colon Gut Microbiota" into a Word document while it is available to read for free until June 1st.

Researchers found that nanoparticles led to multiple, measurable differences in the normal microbial community that inhabits the human gut, and they write:
    Quote Understanding the interactions between NPs and bacteria in an engineered model colon can indicate potential impacts of NP exposure on the gut, and therefore overall human health. Human microbiome health has important implications to overall individual health.

[...]

Overall, the NPs caused nonlethal, significant changes to the microbial community's phenotype, which may be related to overall health effects.
    The article authors individually introduced three different nanoparticles -- zinc oxide, cerium dioxide, and titanium dioxide -- commonly used in products such as toothpastes, cosmetics, sunscreens, coatings, and paints, into a model of the human colon. The model colon mimics the normal gut environment and contains the microorganisms typically present in the human microbiome. Although they stopped short of blaming nanoparticles for serious damage (but they hinted), they demonstrate that exposure to nanoparticles created a visible, significant difference in how the microbiome functions.

They described changes in both specific characteristics of the microbial community and of the gut microenvironment after exposure to the nanoparticles. For instance, they point out past and current research of membrane damage in eukaryotic cells, negative effects in Escherichia coli, crossing the epithelial lining, strain specific antimicrobial effects and more. Their paper is also a great compilation of previous nanotech research.

It goes to show how such studies should have been explored before these substances were allowed anywhere near people's intestinal tracts and skin.

Previous research has also demonstrated the cancer-causing effects of nanoparticles in the intestinal tract. Definitely try to avoid packaged junk food, candy and body care products that contain whitening agents (like gum, Mentos and commercial sunscreen). However, there are other types of nanoparticles in consumer goods that go largely unnoticed, so reducing your reliance on commercial products could be one way to better the gut microbiota.

Other research papers are trying to influence the public into submitting to nanotech already placed in their food by using absurd shaming labels like "technology rejecters" for those who would rather pay more to avoid eating nanoparticles. They wish to see what it would take to get acquiescence even though no one ever asked for these materials to be flushed into the food and water supply.

Follow your gut instinct while you still can!

*Particles the size of nanometers - approximately 100,000 times smaller than the width of a human hair. - See more at: http://www.naturalblaze.com/2014/12/....uaYixADa.dpuf

Heather Callaghan is a natural health blogger and food freedom activist. You can see her work at NaturalBlaze.com and ActivistPost.com. Like at Facebook.

This article may be re-posted in full with attribution.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Flash (5th May 2015), Flashlight (22nd June 2015), onawah (17th May 2015), seko (6th May 2015)

22. Link to Post #512
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Reposting this tidbit from Nora in another thread:

Quote Posted by Nora (here)
    [...]

A friend of mine came over recently to visit. I served coffee with organic, raw-unpasteurized milk from free range cows. She said she was lactose intolerant and the milk would upset her stomach. But said she'd try it anyway. Well it didn't upset her stomach. She asked me what kind of milk do you buy? So I told her, she replied you're kidding....

No, I said the milk is from happy cows.

and I can't eat or drink anything that is pasteurized either. I kept getting sick and would breakout in red blotches on my skin. Thought it must be something I'm eating so I cut out all pasteurized foods and juices even if organic and only ate and drank juices that were unpasteurized or juiced my own. I stopped getting sick and the red blotches went away.

Love

Nora

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Flash (22nd June 2015), Noel (5th July 2015), onawah (17th May 2015), ThePythonicCow (16th May 2015)

24. Link to Post #513
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This article is very encouraging and eye opening:
    http://www.momsacrossamerica.com/mom_speaks_at_dupont
    Quote Mom Speaks at Dupont
    POSTED BY ZEN HONEYCUTT 1747.20GS ON MAY 20, 2015
    Dupont Shareholder Meeting

May 13, 2015
    Protesters outside the Dupont building held signs that read “Keep your Promises”. A large banner showed three images of Dupont CEO Ellen Kullman in the “speak-no, see-no, hear-no evil monkey portrayal”. Mark from GMO Free Lancaster, my chauffer, and I knew we had found the right place. The feeling as I entered the building on 764 Centre Rd in Wilmington, Delaware was more casual and relaxed than the Monsanto meeting. I was checked off the speaker list by a cheerful lady at the front table, went through security without any hiccups, and was not approached by a “host” or “handler” at all. I did ask a staff member with a badge about the timing of speaking and/or agenda and was led to a reserved seat by the microphone in the center of an aisle.

The room was buzzing with groups of predominantly men in their fifties who were inevitably discussing the possible infiltration by corporate raider and hedge fund owner, Peltz of Trian Company. Peltz was fixing to infiltrate the board with his 2.7% ownership of stock after investing 1.8 billion, and would split up the company. I was not aware of the entire logistics of the situation but what I did know was that today’s vote at the shareholder meeting could be decisive for the fate of the company. As I sat down I was curious about other shareholders perspective, so I chatted with a bearded man in his late sixties about the situation. He said he was against it. He had seen Peltz do this with other companies and it was not in the best interest of the company. He was only after profit and would cut out research and staff to get it. He admitted that much of the research had not yielded profits in the way they had hoped, but he also understood that research needed to be done to develop new products which would get Dupont up to the forefront of the industry. He acknowledged that Dupont has lost ground and as a former employee, he hoped that the research would pan out soon and bring Dupont back to it’s former status as leader in the industry.

I looked around. The anticipation in the room was palpable. The bearded man pointed out that Peltz sat four rows back from me on the other side of the aisle. I looked and saw a distinctly confident looking man, in his late sixties, gray hair slicked back, thick glasses, black suit and grey tie. I couldn’t help but think he almost looked like mafia.

The meeting started with Ellen Kumbell and two men entering the stage and sitting at a table directly before me. She wore a red suit, had short blond hair and looked tense. She avoided eye contact with the shareholders. Media cameras snapped away as she welcomed us. There was standing room only, perhaps 600-800 people waiting to find out the fate of the company. I hoped they would allow themselves to hear what I had to say as well. She asked us to turn off our phones, not record or photograph, and I complied. I know others would not, but I knew they had it showing live and would have the recording online. It made me less nervous to have that concern set aside.

They showed a short flashy video about their sustainable technology and being the global laboratory and I shook my head. Then it was time to attend to business. First up was the election of the directors and members of the board. Peltz was named, and soon he was up at the microphone to make his case to the shareholders. As he stood a foot away from me at the microphone I watched him and the faces of those looking at him. People were literally on the edge of their seats. He talked about how his intentions were perfectly in alignment with theirs and all he wanted to do was to grow the company. He projected a 100% growth of stock, from about $60.00 to $120.00, I believe it was within a year, and a return to Dupont’s former glory. He pointed out the Dupont was once, THE most valuable company in the world. Although he conceded that Dupont “would be not be an Apple any time soon” he asserted that they could be a leader in the industry. It all sounded great. Did the shareholders trust him?

They addressed a few more points and suddenly I was being introduced as proxy for As You Sow. Before I was up the speakers were reminded we had only 2 minutes. My presentation for the lobbying referendum was nearly 4 minutes. I decided to see how far I could get. I did speak quickly, albeit firmly and I put emphasis on the right words. I asked them to disclose their lobbying and be leaders in the industry for transparency integrity and accountability. I pointed out it took courage to be held accountable. I gave an example of the Grocery Manufacturers Association scandal in Washington state and pointed out clearly that mothers boycotted those companies. Thanks to GMO Free USA and all our supporters I could state confidently that companies like Kellogg’s and Monsanto have experienced a 15-34% loss per quarter in relation to lack of reputation and boycotts. Moms have power. I felt a shift in the room and saw several heads nod. They were listening to me. I felt I shifted some votes and anticipated a higher percentage than the usual 19-21% for Yes.

Next Sister Mary Margaret spoke briefly about Grower’s Compliance, and God Bless her heart, she mentioned glyphosate in the water. She urged the shareholders to vote yes for enforcing compliance to the spraying guidelines. I had no idea why the directors would urge shareholders to vote no, but they did. I realize now in hind sight that after the Sister spoke I could have roped in a question regarding spraying and contamination…mention glyphosate in breast milk and Pediasure and baby formula. I am regret I did not think fast enough on my feet to do that. I apologize to the Moms.

Next a man spoke about plants closing and the impact on the rest of the workers. I read the proxy statement and realized quite a few plants had closed, jobs were being lost and many had great concerns about the future of the company.

After he sat down the room was pregnant with silence. The CEO asked if anyone had any questions about only the proxy issues at hand. This was unusual. My understanding is that usually at a shareholder meeting there is a general question and answer period where anyone can get up and ask anything. My opportunity would be gone if I did not take this one. I reframed the context of the content I wanted to share and stood up. The CEO seemed surprised, as if she had just bitten into something sour.

I reintroduced myself and said ”My question pertains to the closing of the plants. I believe the reason why many of your plants are closing is because you make products which are harmful. Why do I claim these toxic chemicals are harmful? I am a mother who has seen it firsthand and scientific studies back up my findings. My son tested positive for glyphosate in his urine 8 x higher than was found in Europe, at a time when he had a sudden onset of autism symptoms. We went organic, avoided GMOs and Glyphosate which is sprayed as a drying agent on wheat, sugar and allowed on 160 of our food crops, and within 6 weeks, he no longer tested positive for glyphosate, his autism symptoms were gone and have never re occurred. My other son’s life threatening food allergies went from a 19 down to a .2. I no longer have to fear of him dying from food. We have hundreds of testimonials from other mothers reporting the same if not better results with many health issues.

If I asked you to raise your hand if you have a loved one with food allergies, autism, diabetes or cancer, I bet every single one of you would raise your hand. We have a health crisis in America and this health issues can all be linked back to chemical farming, to the glyphosate that is sprayed on our crops, as a drying agent as well, on wheat , soy, sugar. They spray it on the soil as a burn down and it is absorbed into our food. Sweet potatoes is allowed to have up to 3 ppm, regular potatoes 5 ppm. It only takes .1ppbillion to destroy gut bacteria.

There is an impact to having animals and human eat chemicals that do NOT wash off or cook off and by definition KILL LIFE.

One of the men at the front of the room interrupted me: “Ms. Honeycutt do you have a question?”

“Yes I do” I said looking at the CEO, “Will you stop investing in toxic synthetic chemicals and instead invest in non toxic products?”

Mrs. Kullman said something about always developing new products and that they were in fact looking into the glyphosate issue with the EPA. She was clearly irked and her left hand man thanked me repeatedly to get me to sit down. I did.

She went on to declare that all their products are vigorously tested and that the EPA has strict guidelines that carefully assess chemicals. Dupont is confident in their process and she alluded to total safety. I got up again and she literally put her hands up as if to stop me. I remained standing. As soon as she finished her sentence I said, “You say glyphosate is safe and scientist say that glyphosate only impacts the shikimate pathway in plants, but the fact is that our gut bacteria have a shikimate pathway and glyphosate kills our gut bacteria, where 70% f our immune system lies. This is weakening our children’s immune system and this is why 1 out of 2 of our children are sick in America. What if you instead developed your previous technology of microbes that consume petroleum to eliminate the plastics in the ocean? What if your research involved improving diverse plant nutrition with hybrids, rather than increasing junk food yield?”

I don’t remember what else they said but it was clear they would not listen to anymore. I was clearly frustrated and yet I did not shout. As I sat down the bearded man said “ You were very passionate. “

I said, “Usually you get more time. I had so much more to say.”

He said, “You got your point across.” And I knew he was right. I did. I said enough to peak the shareholder’s interest, instill doubt and inspire wondering about a new direction.

In fact I heard people around me saying “She has a point.” And “ Wow. Whatdya know…”

When no one else had other questions, which frankly was really disappointing, I wish people would get more involved…they moved on to the results of the voting.

The current board of directors remained. Peltz had lost.

None of the proxys had passed, including the one I represented. I shook my head sadly while shareholder members rose to their feet and gave the board a standing ovation. The man beside me applauded but did not stand up. He said “ Well Peltz will be back here in six months.” It was’t over. He wasn’t done.

Well neither was I.

As I left the room I had several people tap my shoulder and thank me, shake my hand, and thank me.

One woman said “Thank you for your courage.”

A man came up to me and shook my hand, “ Good Job. Thank you for what you’re doing”

A matronly woman said, “ Excellent job. A Dupont staff member is looking for you, don’t leave.” Good sign, I thought.

As I scanned the crowd a sweet lady said, “ Thank you. That needed to be said. Here’s the thing though, I am a former employee of Astra Seneca and I know about the data that is collected. The statisticians can interpret the data to make it appear in favor of the company. So you have to really look into where the data comes from. Be aware of that.” She could have been Red Riding Hood’s Grandma and yet she was talking like a James Bond agent. She was giving me the EYE. This is serious, I knew it, she knew it. Other people were gathering around me, one that looked like an un approving staffer so the woman drifted away as the voice In my head said “ Wait! I want to talk with you more!”

A short lady waiting next to me said “ You were the only one making any sense. I don’t know why they keep doing the same old thing. I am so tired of Dupont continuing to do the same thing.”

The woman next to me said “I am a Dupont employee.”

The short lady said “ Well, I was a Dupont employee too, for 23 years and I am still tired of Dupont doing the same old thing.” She was standing her ground. She didn’t care that this lady was a current staffer. She turned to me pointedly and said “Anyway, thank you. Really. I hope they listen to you. Thank you for being willing to say that.” I thanked her and she left with a bit of a huff in her glance toward the staffer.

The employee said, “ I am Linda Fisher, Chief Sustainability officer.”

“Great!” I said.

“ I would like to follow up with you.”

“Fantastic.” I said, genuinely happy. “ I have some studies I would like to send you.”
    “And I would like to get them.” She said. She seemed authentically engaged. Not at all guarded and stand -offish like at Monsanto.

She said essentially that “ We already are moving in the direction of safer chemicals. Our newest insecticide, Rynyxy, is much safer. And we are developing bio pesticides. “I asked her about the pesticide and she said, “Yeah, now you are going to ask me to spell it…and she attempted to. I said it looked like Russian, we actually bantered a bit and then I said, “You know I am hopeful Dupont can be the one that takes on leadership in this area. I have talked to former employees (which I will not name here) and they mentioned the microbes you developed but shelved years back, the microbes that eat petroleum. What if you could have them eat plastic, safely, and clean up the ocean? You know the plastic in the ocean are changing the balance of the bacteria and algae in such a way now that I heard the west coast of Florida has had a flesh eating virus which killed 29 people! “

She said “ I had not heard that”

I said, “You know that whole Gulf of Mexico is a dead zone..what if Dupont could turn that around? You have the resources…”

She said “ We actually did think about doing something about the Gulf of Mexico.” She was truly wondering…

I said, “If you could do that, safely, Dupont would be heros! You would also unseat Monsanto, for sure.”

She said “ We would like that”

I said, “We would too…for someone to be a leader in this industry with safe, non toxic technology. You can do it!”

I found myself authentically smiling at the CSO of Dupont. For me this is a small miracle. Please keep in mid, I have not forgotten all the harm and devastation that have caused with their GMOs, chemical coatings ( they do the non stick pans which are reportedly toxic), toxic pesticides etc…but no one changes anything unless you imagine a new future. That is what they need to do, is imagine a different and new future and live into that.

We exchanged a few more words and then business cards. My card has a picture of my three kids and I on it. They are why I do what I do. I left feeling the meeting was worth it.

In the parking lot, the same 23 year employee rolled down her window as she left and said “You made my entire trip worth it. Only you. You don’t know how important it is that they hear that. Delware is the cancer capitol of America. Everyone at the Dupont plants has mesothelioma.” I was shocked. We talked a bit further while a tall man in his late fifties waited for me.

After I said good bye to this lovely passionate woman whom I will keep anonymous, my biggest supporter of the meeting, I asked the tall man if he wanted to talk with me. He did. He was a 20+ year employee of Dupont and PhD. He was taking a class about microbiology and said that they were learning about the gut brain connection. What I said today was very interesting and very pertinent. He explained he is a part of a think tank group of doctors and asked if I would come out and speak. I was moved. Of course I would. I just needed to have travel expenses covered. I gave him my card and he promised to be in touch with me about a speaker series. What a delightful and surprising result!

I know that Dupont has some real toxic chemicals to get rid of, and some serious crimes of humanity and the environment to contend to. I also know that every day, each one of has a choice, and they can choose to go in a new direction. In about three minutes, as a mom whose commitment is first to our children, I spoke to those possibilities for all moms and they heard me. Thanks to our supporters, we are planting seeds of creation. Thank you.

Zen Honeycutt
    Each breath a gift...

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Hervé (21st June 2015), ThePythonicCow (22nd May 2015)

26. Link to Post #514
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Decreased social anxiety among young adults who eat fermented foods

Date: June 9, 2015
    Source: University of Maryland, Baltimore

Summary:
    A possible connection between fermented foods, which contain probiotics, and social anxiety symptoms, is the focus of recent study. The study is just the first in a series that the researchers have planned to continue exploring the mind-gut connection, including another examination of the data to see whether a correlation exists between fermented food intake and autism symptoms.
    Natural sauerkraut is a fermented food (stock image). The researchers found that young adults who eat more fermented foods have fewer social anxiety symptoms, with the effect being greatest among those at genetic risk for social anxiety disorder as measured by neuroticism.Credit: © Shakzu / Fotolia
    Psychologists have traditionally looked to the mind to help people living with mental health issues. But a recent study led by William & Mary researchers shows that the stomach may also play a key role, suggesting that the old adage "you are what you eat" is more than a cliché.
    W&M Psychology Professors Matthew Hilimire and Catherine Forestell recently joined with University of Maryland School of Social Work Assistant Professor Jordan DeVylder to investigate a possible connection between fermented foods, which contain probiotics, and social anxiety. The researchers found that young adults who eat more fermented foods have fewer social anxiety symptoms, with the effect being greatest among those at genetic risk for social anxiety disorder as measured by neuroticism.

The journal Psychiatry Research accepted the study in April for publication in August.

"It is likely that the probiotics in the fermented foods are favorably changing the environment in the gut, and changes in the gut in turn influence social anxiety," said Hilimire. "I think that it is absolutely fascinating that the microorganisms in your gut can influence your mind."

The researchers designed a questionnaire that was included in a mass testing tool administered in the university's Introduction to Psychology courses during the fall 2014 semester; about 700 students participated. The questionnaire asked students about the fermented foods over the previous 30 days; it also asked about exercise frequency and the average consumption of fruits and vegetables so that the researchers could control for healthy habits outside of fermented food intake, said Hilimire.

"The main finding was that individuals who had consumed more fermented foods had reduced social anxiety but that was qualified by an interaction by neuroticism. What that means is that that relationship was strongest amongst people that were high in neuroticism," Hilimire said.

The secondary finding was that more exercise was related to reduced social anxiety. Although the researchers were pleased to see the findings so clearly support their hypothesis, the study is just the first in a series they have planned to continue exploring the mind-gut connection, including another examination of the data to see whether a correlation exists between fermented food intake and autism symptoms, said Hilimire.

The researchers will also soon create an experimental version of the study. Without that experimental phase, the researches can't make a causative connection between eating fermented foods and reduced social anxiety.

"However, if we rely on the animal models that have come before us and the human experimental work that has come before us in other anxiety and depression studies, it does seem that there is a causative mechanism," said Hilimire. "Assuming similar findings in the experimental follow-up, what it would suggest is that you could augment more traditional therapies (like medications, psychotherapy or a combination of the two) with fermented foods -- dietary changes -- and exercise, as well."

DeVylder noted that research over the past several years has increasingly supported a close relationship between nutrition and mental health. "This study shows that young adults who are prone towards anxiety report less social anxiety if they frequently consume fermented foods with probiotics. These initial results highlight the possibility that social anxiety may be alleviated through low-risk nutritional interventions, although further research is needed to determine whether increasing probiotic consumption directly causes a reduction in social anxiety," he said.

Story Source: The above post is reprinted from materials provided by University of Maryland, Baltimore. Note: Materials may be edited for content and length.

Journal Reference:
    • Matthew R. Hilimire, Jordan E. DeVylder, Catherine A. Forestell. Fermented foods, neuroticism, and social anxiety: An interaction model. Psychiatry Research, 2015; 228 (2): 203 DOI: 10.1016/j.psychres.2015.04.023
    Last edited by Hervé; 21st June 2015 at 22:45.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Flashlight (22nd June 2015), MorningFox (8th September 2015), onawah (4th August 2015)

28. Link to Post #515
    Thanks

Thank you all for so much helpful information, I have been avoiding as much processes foods as possible for quite some. coming from a family where sauerkraut was a normal part of our diet It would be hard to go without it at least once and a while. our years supply is growing in the garden right now. we are always looking for new ways avoid processed anything. My wife stumbled across a sight the unconventional farmer. he has ways to make several types of beneficial bacteria that can be used to benefit you your garden and remove bad bacteria and replace the bacteria that the all powerful chemical and pharmaceutical companies are trying so hard to destroy. without this bacteria no one would even be on this planet. I believe that at this time in history if you did not grow it and preserve it there is more likely then not some thing in it to make you sick or shut down your immune system.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noel For This Post:

genevieve (8th July 2015), Hervé (8th July 2015)

30. Link to Post #516
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Researchers Uncover Connection Between Gut Health and Mood

By Kristen Anderson

We have all heard the old adage "you are what you eat", but science is discovering even more of a connection between our digestive tract and our overall health.

Commonly referred to as "gut health", the gut microbiota, which consist of trillions of microbes, may influence more than bowel regularity and metabolism. These bacterium make up a 6-pound ecosystem inside of every human and produce hormones, communicate directly with our brain via the vagus nerve, and can even produce neurochemicals which influence behavior. Stomach bacteria and mood are connected in ways we never knew before, and scientists are racing to learn more about this fascinating discovery.

A team of Norwegian scientists recently found significant correlation between certain bacteria and symptoms of depression. Patients with irritable bowel syndrome have been found to have significantly higher instances of anxiety and depression. Even individuals with autism are more likely to suffer from digestive problems. By improving our gut health, we may be able to get a handle on a host of somatic and mental health symptoms.

It has been suggested that gut microbes have as powerful of an effect on the brain as psychiatric drugs. Millions of patients are prescribed drugs every year to address somatic and emotional symptoms who might be better treated by simply improving gut health.

There are good and bad bacteria in your gut. Certain foods feed the good bacteria and others feed the bad. Good bacteria are often called probiotics. You can eat certain foods to feed probiotics and you can also take probiotic supplements to increase your probiotic population. When you have too many bad bacteria, you become sick and an antibiotic can kill the bad bacteria that is causing you problems. But antibiotics also kill the good bacteria, which can create a host of negative side effects including decreased mood.

There are 4 simple things that you can do to improve your gut health:
    1. remove artificial sweeteners from your diet
    2. eat living food
    3. exercise
    4. take a good probiotic daily
    When your gut is unhealthy, it can disturb your brain and cause mood instability. Common diagnoses for unstable mood are depression, bipolar disorder, and dysthymia. Might these disorders be better treated with a probiotic and a daily dose of exercise instead of dangerous psych drugs that have multiple side effects? Even if you do not have a diagnosed mood disorder, might you be able to boost your mood by eating more live food and taking a high quality probiotic

References

Kristen Anderson writes for Activist Post.
    This article may be re-posted in full with attribution.
    Last edited by Hervé; 8th July 2015 at 13:00.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

genevieve (8th July 2015), Karezza (10th August 2015), onawah (4th August 2015)

32. Link to Post #517
    Language
    English
    Thanks

If you are still trying to connect all the dots as to WHY we are being inundated with so many toxins including antibiotics, GMOs, chemtrails, vaccines, fluoridation, etc. ...
    see: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post985369
    Each breath a gift...

33. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Hervé (4th August 2015)

34. Link to Post #518
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,358 times in 436 posts

Thanks for all this helpful information. Is xylitol an effective probiotic or is it necessary to further supplement with fermented products (i.e sauerkraut or pill).

35. The Following User Says Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

Violet (7th August 2015)

36. Link to Post #519
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lunaflare (here)
    Thanks for all this helpful information. Is xylitol an effective probiotic or is it necessary to further supplement with fermented products (i.e sauerkraut or pill).
    Xylitol is a sugar substitute, a sweetener, not a probiotic at all. Check this thread for xylitol: Xylitol - is it safe really?

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

lunaflare (4th August 2015), Selkie (4th August 2015), Violet (7th August 2015)

38. Link to Post #520
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Inspiring Account of How to Put Rheumatoid Arthritis into Remission
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...rid=1069003510

Quote By Dr. Mercola

If you or someone you know has rheumatoid arthritis (RA), you'll want to watch this video. In it, Sarah Allen, who is a former patient of mine, shares how she put rheumatoid arthritis into remission, and it's a remarkable success story.

Rheumatoid arthritis was a passion of mine while I was still in active practice. I treated over 3,000 patients with this disease. I estimate 80 to 85 percent of them experienced significant recovery, if not remission, like Sarah did.

I ran into Sarah after giving a presentation recently in Orlando, where she happened to be in attendance. After talking to her, I decided we needed to share her important story as it would provide hope for so many who struggle with this disease.

She first came to see me in August of 2003. Even though she was only 28 years old at the time, she'd been experiencing symptoms of RA for about three or four years.

"I thought I was very healthy,' she says. 'I was young. I was a competitive triathlete. I believed I had a pretty good diet. So, I didn't really understand why I was experiencing so much pain in my fingers and in my feet.

I had migrating pain, and a lot of tendonitis issues all throughout my body. It took the Western doctors a long time to diagnose me. It took about three years going to different doctors before they knew what was wrong.

It didn't show in my blood; I didn't have the RA factor, and my C-reactive protein (CRP) levels were normal. But it showed up on an X-ray.'"

Hallmark Signs of RA

One of the hallmark symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis is pain in your hands and/or feet. It tends to affect the proximal joints more so than the distal ones, i.e. the joints closest to your palm, for example, opposed to the joints further out in the fingers.

So, if you have pain there, especially if it's symmetrical (affecting the same joints on both hands or feet), then almost by definition you have rheumatoid arthritis or an RA variant. It really doesn't matter what the blood work shows.

RA is far less common than osteoarthritis, or degenerative joint disease, which is not as crippling. It's actually easy to treat degenerative arthritis if you understand the components of a healthy lifestyle.

Rheumatoid arthritis is a far more complex disease. It's an autoimmune disease; your body is destroying itself, and it can be terminal — some people have even been known to commit suicide from the crippling pain.

It's quite notable that less than one percent of people with the disease have a spontaneous remission. Some disability occurs in 50 to 70 percent of people within five years after onset of the disease, and half will stop working within 10 years.

RA Is Typically Treated with Toxic Drugs

Traditional care also doesn't have a lot of good hope for RA sufferers. All they do is ameliorate or treat the symptoms — typically using highly toxic drugs, including prednisone, methotrexate, and drugs that interfere with tumor necrosis factor, like Enbrel.

This is why I'm so passionate about spreading this information because as Sarah can attest, there's an alternative, and this drug-free strategy really works. You don't have to suffer needlessly in a conventional treatment model.

Once diagnosed, Sarah went to a well-known rheumatologist in Milwaukee who told her she needed to stop running, or risk becoming permanently disabled. He prescribed a low-dose of methotrexate, which is actually an anti-cancer drug.

While it can be effective, the complications and the side-effects are atrocious. Sarah had to check her liver status every month, and even though she was only on a low dosage for about three months, she started losing some of her hair.

A rheumatology researcher at the Mayo Clinic whom she went to see told her to keep taking the drug, but expect it to shave 15 to 20 years off her life...

"I was really afraid of what that drug was going to do to my body,' Sarah says. 'The physical therapist who recommended I get tested for RA said there was a lot I can do naturally. So I read a lot of books about rheumatoid arthritis and different alternative treatments.

I read there's a possibility of it being connected with an infection, and that a low dose of antibiotics was being prescribed. I then came across your name in a book. I looked you up, found you in Chicago, and made an appointment.'"

Dr. Brown's Protocol

The book she's referring to is The Road Back: Rheumatoid Arthritis, its Cause and its Treatment, written by Dr. Thomas McPherson Brown and Henry Scammell. Dr. Brown was a well-respected board-certified rheumatologist (he passed away in 1989), but he was a rebel.

He didn't agree with the use of prednisone, which was the standard of care for RA in the '40s and '50s. He believed RA was an infection caused by mycoplasmas, so he used the antibiotic tetracycline instead.

Eventually, he modified his treatment to more potent discriminating forms of tetracycline, such as minocycline. Dr. Brown ultimately helped bring over 10,000 patients into remission. I first saw his work in a 20/20 special done shortly before he died in 1989, and it really inspired me. I decided to study his work, began using his protocol on RA patients in my practice, and was really impressed with the results. Eventually I modified the protocol to the point where I abandoned antibiotics altogether.

Sarah's Treatment

When I first saw Sarah, we discussed her diet, and I suggested there might be a genetic influence involved as she's Scottish-Irish. Many of her family members also had autoimmune problems, including multiple sclerosis (MS) and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Her genetic background suggested she may have an intolerance of wheat and gluten.

"You said I should eliminate that out of my diet as well as processed foods and sugar. You also did a metabolic typing. I did a very thorough questionnaire about how I metabolize food, about my energy levels, and about the stress in my life.

Along with my blood type, I was given a very special protocol of which foods would help me heal... I did a lot of vegetable juicing, which really helped me. I juiced probably 48 ounces a day of green juice.

I also ate a lot of organic grass-fed beef, ostrich, bison, free-range chicken and raw dairy. You even recommended raw eggs and raw egg yolks. Because I was in Wisconsin, I found an organic farm close to me. I got most of my meat, raw milk and my eggs from there. I bought all my fresh vegetables from local farmers markets. I got to know area farmers and learn about their farming practices.

I would buy a variety of vegetables and meats from them because I knew how they grew their food and raised their animals. I even used to meet the ostrich farmer in a parking lot across from the co-op where she used to sell her meats and buy it direct at a lower price. I also incorporated a lot of probiotics in my diet, and increased my vitamin D levels. Instead of suppressing my immune system with drugs to control my disease, I was using food to redesign my immune system and make it as strong as possible.

Apart from diet, the other important issue you advised me to address was the level of stress in my life. At that time, I was a teacher, new and passionate about the field. I worked very long hours, beyond what was healthy. Additionally, I dedicated several hours per week to triathlon training, and had some emotional stress in my life is well.

Dr. Mercola emphasized how stress and emotions impact immunity and now that I am studying Eastern medicine I have learned it is one of the primary causes of disease. I still question whether it was the amount of work and stress in my life which triggered the onset of my disease.

After I began seeing Dr. Mercola, I cut back on the amount I was working and doing, and made more time for rest and enjoyment. Dr. Mercola also taught me Emotional Freedom Technique, a method of tapping along traditional energetic acupuncture meridians to help relieve emotional issues. I began incorporating EFT into my daily life, which was a simple and time-effective method to help me better deal with everyday stress and anxiety.

The Importance of Vitamin D and Probiotics

Vitamin D is a really important component. It stimulates 200 to 300 anti-microbial peptides that are even more powerful than antibiotics, which help improve and regulate your immune system and fight infections. Sarah, as many others with RA, noticed her symptoms were at their worst during the winter, and would often dissipate during the summer. This is what you call a giant clue that vitamin D is at work...

Invariably, unless you're aggressively addressing your vitamin D level with sun exposure or supplementation, your blood levels of vitamin D will drop to dangerously low levels sometime in January, February, or March, when sun exposure is at its lowest. Optimizing your vitamin D is extremely important, I typically recommend RA sufferers to get their levels checked every month, in order to fine-tune the dosage they're taking.

Essentially, if you're using a supplement, you need to take whatever dosage is required to reach and maintain a therapeutic level of 50 to70 ng/ml. Nourishing your gut microbiome is another important component. In addition to eating more fermented foods, it's equally important to cut out sugar from your diet as it will feed pathogenic microbes and decimate your immune system, leaving you susceptible to autoimmune diseases of all kinds.

"I learned how to ferment my own vegetables and dairy products. I made my own kombucha, yogurt, cultured butters, milk kefir and coconut kefir. It took almost two years to get my system in balance, but right away, I noticed a difference. In about two weeks my cravings for wheat, breads, and sugar diminished...You did a live cell analysis before and after the diet. My live cell analysis showed I had leaky gut and digestive proteins in my bloodstream.

I came back three months after being very strict with the diet. I felt better; I'd lost about 10 pounds. I had so much more energy and felt lighter. But when they did the live cell analysis and showed me on the screen that my blood cells were perfectly round, strong, and healthy — when I saw that my blood completely changed — that's when I really believed that food was medicine...

I was able to resume my regular activities... I was able to return to racing. That year, after following your protocol for about a year, I actually won an entire triathlon... So I went from being told I'd never run again to winning a race. Slowly, slowly the symptoms diminished. After two years of being very strict [with my diet], my symptoms went to complete remission, and they've stayed that way. It's been over 10 years.

I still work out. Right now, I train Brazilian capoeira, which incorporates martial arts, dance, and acrobatics. I'm still able to do gymnastics. I can still do back flips at age 43. I still run occasionally. I still swim and bike. I do yoga and cross-country skiing when I'm in the north. So, I'm very active and very healthy. In fact, I feel that by you helping me, it really extended my life. I feel much younger than my age."

There IS Hope for RA Patients

I don't see patients anymore so this is not an encouragement for people to see me — in fact, you can't. But I'm committed to sharing this type of information, and hope to inspire not just patients, but also other physicians to adopt these strategies. It can quite literally change (and save) lives. It can also help other autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis and inflammatory bowel disease, which have a similar disease process.

I'm really grateful Sarah decided to give me an update and share her story. I rarely have the opportunity to get feedback from people whom I've treated in the past, so it was a delight to hear how well she's doing. I also thought it would be a powerful inspiration to many others, to see that there is hope; there are alternatives to toxic drugs, and it really can work. Sarah's recovery is a powerful testimony to the self-healing ability of your body, provided you give it what it needs, and support it with a healthy lifestyle.

"If I would've just listened to the Western doctors, and stayed the course, where I would be today? I hate to imagine it,' Sarah says. 'But even when I told the doctor [about my improvement], he almost acted disappointed or angry that I dared try that method.

He said he wanted me to stay on methotrexate, and he still didn't believe in diet even though it worked for me. I went to another rheumatologist later just to check how I was doing. She said, 'That disease is going to come back in 10 to 12 years, and just explode in your body possibly.' She recommended I also stay on the drugs even though I was completely symptom free!'"Many don't have the courage to do what Sarah did. They're either stuck in the conventional paradigm, or they're afraid to go against their doctor's "orders," or they can't or don't want to spend the extra money. Even though I was a practicing DO — hardly out of the norm of convention — Sarah's insurance company refused to pay for any of my tests or treatment visits. She went so far as to appeal her insurance's denial of reimbursement, but all they would pay for was the drug she was initially prescribed.

She ended up spending about $2,000-3,000 out of pocket at the time. But after a couple of years she never had to see me again. Nor did she need to continue seeing other specialists, or take a toxic drug for the rest of her life — which by the way was virtually guaranteed to be cut short by a decade or two. So overall, it was certainly money well spent.

"It was an investment," Sarah says. "To buy the foods that I needed to buy, I had to spend a little bit more money. I also spent a lot of time in my kitchen (about 2 -3 hours/day), but it was definitely worth it. It really changed my life. I grew really close to food. I look at it as magic.

If you look at it from an Eastern perspective, our bodies are microcosms of the universe and our universe provides us with all that is necessary to heal. There is energy or chi in food that builds and moves the energy and blood in our bodies to promote balance and health. Food is so powerful, I think it's one of the most important gifts we have in life."

Summary of Crucial Lifestyle Changes if You Have RA

There is no doubt in my mind that the protocol described above is highly effective for the treatment of autoimmune arthritis like rheumatoid arthritis. I strongly encourage anyone with this disease to adopt it. In my experience, conventional rheumatologists have very little to offer except dangerous drugs that only relieve symptoms and do nothing to address the underlying cause of the disease, which continues to ravage your body and cause crippling joint deformities.

In summary, here's a summary of the nutritional principles Sarah implemented, as per my drug-free RA treatment protocol. If you or someone you know or love has rheumatoid arthritis I could not encourage you more strongly to share this article and protocol with them as it might radically change their life as it did for Sarah.

Eat REAL food. Eliminate processed foods, sugar, especially fructose, and most grains. For most people it would be best to limit fruit to small quantities. In my experience, if you're unable to decrease your sugar intake, you're far less likely to improve. Eat unprocessed, high-quality foods; organic, and locally grown if possible. Get plenty high-quality, animal-based omega-3 fats. Krill oil seems to be particularly helpful as it appears to be a more effective anti-inflammatory preparation than regular fish oil. It's particularly effective if taken concurrently with astaxanthin, which is a potent antioxidant bioflavonoid derived from algae.
    Eat your food as close to raw as possible. Vegetable juicing is also highly recommended. Astaxanthin at 4 mg per day is recommended. It's been shown to effectively reduce pain associated with inflammation. In one study, RA sufferers experienced a 35 percent improvement in pain levels, and a 40 percent improvement in their ability to perform daily activities after receiving astaxanthin for only eight weeks.

It's particularly important for anyone placed on prednisone, which can reduce vision and cause blindness. Astaxanthin offers potent protection against cataracts and age related macular degeneration.
    Optimize your vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency is strongly associated with the development of RA. From my perspective, it is now virtually criminal negligent malpractice to treat a person with RA and not aggressively monitor their vitamin D levels to confirm they're in a therapeutic range of 50-70 ng/ml. Eat 4 to 6 ounces a day of fermented veggies, which will supply about 10 trillion beneficial bacteria, which is about 10 percent of the population of your gut. The best way to learn how to prepare them properly is to get the GAPS book or listen to my interview with Caroline Barringer.
    Incorporate regular exercise into your daily schedule. If you struggle with RA pain, I would encourage you to try low-dose Naltrexone (LDN). (Sarah did not need it). LDN is inexpensive and non-toxic, and I have a number of physician reports documenting incredible efficacy in getting people off of all their dangerous arthritis meds with it. Although this is a drug and strictly speaking not a natural therapy, it has provided important relief and is FAR safer than the toxic drugs typically used.
    Other Natural Pain Relievers

One of the primary problems with RA is controlling pain. If this is not achieved, you can go into a depressive cycle that can clearly worsen your immune system and cause the RA to flare. The goal is to be as comfortable and pain free as possible with the least amount of drugs. In addition to low-dose Naltrexone, which has a good success rate, here are a few other non-toxic dietary supplements that can be helpful for the treatment of RA pain:

Curcumin (turmeric) in particular has been shown to be effective against both acute and chronic pain. Curcumin is most known for its potent anti-inflammatory properties. It has been shown to influence more than 700 genes, and can inhibit both the excessive activity and the synthesis of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX2) and 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX), as well as other enzymes that have been implicated in inflammation. In experiments on rats, turmeric appeared to block inflammatory pathways associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
    A study1 published in April 2012 revealed that a highly bioavailable form of curcumin was more effective in alleviating RA symptoms, including tenderness and swelling of joints, than the NSAID drug Voltaren. Not only that, those who were taking the curcumin only actually experienced the most improvement across the board

Boswellia, also known as boswellin or "Indian frankincense" is another herb I've found to be particularly useful against arthritic inflammation and associated pain
    Ginger also has anti-inflammatory properties and can offer pain relief. Fresh ginger works well steeped in boiling water as a tea or grated into vegetable juice
    Each breath a gift...

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

conk (14th August 2015), Hervé (9th August 2015), hohoemi (5th April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst 1 16 26 28 LastLast