+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst 1 17 27 28 LastLast

Thread: The gut of most disease... NOT what you think!

1. Link to Post #521
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Default Re: The gut of most disease... NOT what you think!

The Real Reason Wheat is Toxic (it’s not the gluten)

by Sarah TheHealthyHomeEconomist

Green living

The stories became far too frequent to ignore.

Emails from folks with allergic or digestive issues to wheat in the United States experienced no symptoms whatsoever when they tried eating pasta on vacation in Italy.

Confused parents wondering why wheat consumption sometimes triggered autoimmune reactions in their children but not at other times.

In my own home, I’ve long pondered why my husband can eat the wheat I prepareat home, but he experiences negative digestive effects eating even a single roll in a restaurant.

There is clearly something going on with wheat that is not well known by the general public. It goes far and beyond organic versus nonorganic, gluten or hybridization because even conventional wheat triggers no symptoms for some who eat wheat in other parts of the world.

What indeed is going on with wheat?

For quite some time, I secretly harbored the notion that wheat in the United States must, in fact, be genetically modified. GMO wheat secretly invading the North American food supply seemed the only thing that made sense and could account for the varied experiences I was hearing about.

I reasoned that it couldn’t be the gluten or wheat hybridization. Gluten and wheat hybrids have been consumed for thousands of years. It just didn’t make sense that this could be the reason for so many people suddenly having problems with wheat and gluten in general in the past 5-10 years.

Finally, the answer came over dinner a couple of months ago with a friend who was well versed in the wheat production process. I started researching the issue for myself, and was, quite frankly, horrified at what I discovered.

The good news is that the reason wheat has become so toxic in the United States is not because it is secretly GMO as I had feared (thank goodness!).

The bad news is that the problem lies with the manner in which wheat is grown and harvested by conventional wheat farmers.

You’re going to want to sit down for this one. I’ve had some folks burst into tears in horror when I passed along this information before.

Common wheat harvest protocol in the United States is to drench the wheat fields with Roundup several days before the combine harvesters work through the fields as the practice allows for an earlier, easier and bigger harvest

Pre-harvest application of the herbicide Roundup or other herbicides containing the deadly active ingredient glyphosate to wheat and barley as a desiccant was suggested as early as 1980. It has since become routine over the past 15 years and is used as a drying agent 7-10 days before harvest within the conventional farming community.

According to Dr. Stephanie Seneff of MIT who has studied the issue in depth and who I recently saw present on the subject at a nutritional Conference in Indianapolis, desiccating non-organic wheat crops with glyphosate just before harvest came into vogue late in the 1990’s with the result that most of the non-organic wheat in the United States is now contaminated with it. Seneff explains that when you expose wheat to a toxic chemical like glyphosate, it actually releases more seeds resulting in a slightly greater yield: “It ‘goes to seed’ as it dies. At its last gasp, it releases the seed” says Dr. Seneff.

According to the US Department of Agriculture, as of 2012, 99% of durum wheat, 97% of spring wheat, and 61% of winter wheat has been treated with herbicides. This is an increase from 88% for durum wheat, 91% for spring wheat and 47% for winter wheat since 1998.

Here’s what wheat farmer Keith Lewis has to say about the practice:
    Quote I have been a wheat farmer for 50 yrs and one wheat production practice that is very common is applying the herbicide Roundup (glyposate) just prior to harvest. Roundup is licensed for preharvest weed control. Monsanto, the manufacturer of Roundup claims that application to plants at over 30% kernel moisture result in roundup uptake by the plant into the kernels. Farmers like this practice because Roundup kills the wheat plant allowing an earlier harvest.

A wheat field often ripens unevenly, thus applying Roundup preharvest evens up the greener parts of the field with the more mature. The result is on the less mature areas Roundup is translocated into the kernels and eventually harvested as such.

This practice is not licensed. Farmers mistakenly call it “dessication.” Consumers eating products made from wheat flour are undoubtedly consuming minute amounts of Roundup. An interesting aside, malt barley which is made into beer is not acceptable in the marketplace if it has been sprayed with preharvest Roundup. Lentils and peas are not accepted in the market place if it was sprayed with preharvest roundup….. but wheat is ok.. This farming practice greatly concerns me and it should further concern consumers of wheat products.
    Here’s what wheat farmer Seth Woodland of Woodland and Wheat in Idaho had to say about the practice of using herbicides for wheat dry down:
    Quote That practice is bad . I have fellow farmers around me that do it and it is sad. Lucky for you not all of us farm that way. Being the farmer and also the president of a business, we are proud to say that we do not use round up on our wheat ever!
    This practice is not just widespread in the United States either. The Food Standards Agency in the United Kingdom reports that use of Roundup as a wheat desiccant results in glyphosate residues regularly showing up in bread samples. Other European countries are waking up to to the danger, however. In the Netherlands, use of Roundup is completely banned with France likely soon to follow.

Using Roundup on wheat crops throughout the entire growing season and even as a desiccant just prior to harvest may save the farmer money and increase profits, but it is devastating to the health of the consumer who ultimately consumes the glyphosate residue laden wheat kernels.

The chart below of skyrocketing applications of glyphosate to US wheat crops since 1990 and the incidence of celiac disease is from a December 2013 study published in the Journal Interdisciplinary Toxicology examining glyphosate pathways to autoimmune disease. Remember that wheat is not currently GMO or “Roundup Ready” meaning it is not resistant to its withering effects like GMO corn or GMO soy, so application of glyphosate to wheat would actually kill it.

While the herbicide industry maintains that glyphosate is minimally toxic to humans, research published in the Journal Entropy strongly argues otherwise by shedding light on exactly how glyphosate disrupts mammalian physiology.

Authored by Anthony Samsel and Stephanie Seneff of MIT, the paper investigates glyphosate’s inhibition of cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes, an overlooked component of lethal toxicity to mammals.

The currently accepted view is that ghyphosate is not harmful to humans or any mammals. This flawed view is so pervasive in the conventional farming community that Roundup salesmen have been known to foolishly drink it during presentations!

However, just because Roundup doesn’t kill you immediately doesn’t make it nontoxic. In fact, the active ingredient in Roundup lethally disrupts the all important shikimate pathway found in beneficial gut microbes which is responsible for synthesis of critical amino acids.

Friendly gut bacteria, also called probiotics, play a critical role in human health. Gut bacteria aid digestion, prevent permeability of the gastointestinal tract (which discourages the development of autoimmune disease), synthesize vitamins and provide the foundation for robust immunity. In essence:
    Roundup significantly disrupts the functioning of beneficial bacteria in the gut and contributes to permeability of the intestinal wall and consequent expression of autoimmune disease symptoms
    In synergy with disruption of the biosynthesis of important amino acids via the shikimate pathway, glyphosate inhibits the cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes produced by the gut microbiome. CYP enzymes are critical to human biology because they detoxify the multitude of foreign chemical compounds, xenobiotics, that we are exposed to in our modern environment today.

As a result, humans exposed to glyphosate through use of Roundup in their community or through ingestion of its residues on industrialized food products become even more vulnerable to the damaging effects of other chemicals and environmental toxins they encounter!

What’s worse is that the negative impact of glyphosate exposure is slow and insidious over months and years as inflammation gradually gains a foothold in the cellular systems of the body.

The consequences of this systemic inflammation are most of the diseases and conditions associated with the Western lifestyle:
    • Gastrointestinal disorders
    • Obesity
    • Diabetes
    • Heart Disease
    • Depression
    • Autism
    • Infertility
    • Cancer
    • Multiple Sclerosis
    • Alzheimer’s disease
    • And the list goes on and on and on …
    In a nutshell, Dr. Seneff’s study of Roundup’s ghastly glyphosate which the wheat crop in the United States is doused with uncovers the manner in which this lethal toxin harms the human body by decimating beneficial gut microbes with the tragic end result of disease, degeneration, and widespread suffering

Got the picture yet?

Even if you think you have no trouble digesting wheat, it is still very wise to avoid conventional wheat as much as possible in your diet!

You Must Avoid Toxic Wheat No Matter What

The bottom line is that avoidance of conventional wheat in the United States is absolutely imperative even if you don’t currently have a gluten allergy or wheat sensitivity. The increase in the amount of glyphosate applied to wheat closely correlates with the rise of celiac disease and gluten intolerance. Dr. Seneff points out that the increases in these diseases are not just genetic in nature, but also have an environmental cause as not all patient symptoms are alleviated by eliminating gluten from the diet.

The effects of deadly glyphosate on your biology are so insidious that lack of symptoms today means literally nothing.

If you don’t have problems with wheat now, you will in the future if you keep eating conventionally produced, toxic wheat!

How to Eat Wheat Safely

Obviously, if you’ve already developed a sensitivity or allergy to wheat, you must avoid it. Period.

But, if you aren’t celiac or gluten sensitive and would like to consume this ancestral food safely, you can do what we do in our home. We source organic, naturally low in gluten, unhybridized Einkorn wheat for breadmaking, pancakes, cookies etc. Please note that einkorn is not to be confused with the more general term farro, which includes emmer and spelt, which are both hybridized. You can learn more about the scientific research on the “good” gluten in einkorn in this article.

When we eat out or are purchasing food from the store, conventional wheat products are rejected without exception. This despite the fact that we have no gluten allergies whatsoever in our home – yet.

I am firmly convinced that if we did nothing, our entire family at some point would develop sensitivity to wheat or autoimmune disease in some form due to the toxic manner in which it is processed and the glyphosate residues that are contained in conventional wheat products.

What Are You Going to Do About Toxic Wheat?

How did you react to the news that US wheat farmers are using Roundup, not just to kill weeds, but to dry out the wheat plants to allow for an earlier, easier and bigger harvest and that such a practice causes absorption of toxic glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup and other herbicides, right into the wheat kernels themselves?

Did you feel outraged and violated like I did? How will you implement a conventional wheat-avoidance strategy going forward even if you haven’t yet developed a problem with gluten or wheat sensitivity?

What about other crops where Roundup is used as a pre-harvest dessicant such as barley, sugar cane, rice, seeds, dried beans and peas, sugar cane, sweet potatoes, and sugar beets? Will you only be buying these crops in organic form from now on to avoid this modern, man-made scourge?

UPDATE: The Soil Association in July 2015 called for an immediate ban on the use of glyphosate for wheat ripening and desiccation purposes. The nonprofit reports that glyphosate residues are widely found in nonorganic wheat samples and the use of the herbicide on wheat crops has increased 400% in the past two decades.

Dr. Robin Mesnage of the Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics at Kings College in London, revealed new data analysis showing Roundup, the most common brand of Glyphosate based herbicides, is 1,000 times more toxic than genotoxic glyphosate alone due to the inclusion of other toxic chemicals in its mix.

Peter Melchett, Soil Association policy director said;
    Quote “If Glyphosate ends up in bread it’s impossible for people to avoid it, unless they are eating organic. On the other hand, farmers could easily choose not to use Glyphosate as a spray on wheat crops – just before they are harvested. This is why the Soil Association is calling for the immediate ending of the use of Glyphosate sprays on wheat destined for use in bread.”
    Sarah, The Healthy Home Economist

Sources and More Information
    Roundup: Quick Death for Weeds, Slow and Painful Death for You
    Glyphosate now commonly found in human urine
    Study: Glyphosate, Celiac and Gluten Intolerance
    The Glyphosate, Celiac Disease Connection
    Hybrid Wheat is Not the Same as GMO Wheat
    The Dutch Ban Roundup, France and Brazil to Follow
    Is it the Gluten or is it the Glyphosate?
    How to Mix and Use Gluten Free Flour
    Can Celiacs Eat Sourdough Bread?
    Pre-harvest Application of Glyphosate to Wheat
    The Dirty Little Secret About Gluten Free
    Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Acid Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases
    Yield and quality of wheat seeds as a function of desiccation stages and herbicides
    Wheat farmer weighs in on the use of Roundup as a wheat desiccant
    Last edited by Hervé; 24th October 2015 at 20:37.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

BMJ (21st April 2016), DNA (18th April 2016), ErtheVessel (24th October 2015), fourty-two (24th October 2015), idiit (24th October 2015), kennywally (5th April 2016), kevin2015 (1st November 2015), Muzz (25th October 2015), Pam (24th October 2015), Rainbowheart (9th December 2017), Stephanie (1st October 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017), ThePythonicCow (24th October 2015)

3. Link to Post #522
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,102 times in 20,640 posts

The Truth About Cancer – watch free this weekend
    Holiday Replay Marathon Nov 26 - 30th
    https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/...a_bid=5f80ae1f
    Quote Episode 1: The True History of Chemotherapy & The Pharmaceutical Monopoly
    Episode 2: Cancer Facts and Fictions, Breast Cancer, Hormones, Skin Cancer & Essential Oils
    Episode 3: Cancer-Killing Viruses, Cancer Stem Cells, GMOs, Juicing & Eating the Rainbow

Episode 4: Excitotoxins that Fuel Cancer, Nature’s Pharmacy and Healing Cancer with Sound & Light

Episode 5: Cancer Causing Blindspots, Toxic Vaccines, Homeopathy & The Power of Emotions

Episode 6: The NOCEBO Effect, Healing Vaccines, Advanced Detoxing & Going Inside A German Cancer Clinic

Episode 7: Heal Cancer with Clean Electricity, Unique Water, Natural Sunlight & Combining Superfoods

Episode 8: Cannabis, Nature’s Epigenetic Switches, Peptides & Healing with Micronutrient Therapy

Episode 9: Cancer Conquerors & Their Powerful Stories of Victory

Q&A with Ty and Charlene: Part 1

Q&A with Ty and Charlene: Part 2

- See more at: https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/....66CbEB3b.dpuf
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

DNA (18th April 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

5. Link to Post #523
    United States Avalon Member kennywally's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: The root of most disease... NOT what you think!

PUGWASH,

thanks for that, sure looks like them farmers forgot about the love of money being at the root, as Herve shows us above.
    farmers only interested in sales...
    if the farmers would spend the money on humic shale and fulvic shale to reintroduce minerals and health back into the land, they could STOP poisoning the entire planet with roundup and other similar crap...[ them jerks ]

good the docs caught that. and it's nice to know that just nuking the cheese and wheat can do so much good!!!

Last edited by kennywally; 5th April 2016 at 17:38.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kennywally For This Post:

DNA (18th April 2016), Hervé (5th April 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

7. Link to Post #524
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 435 posts

How did you react to the news that US wheat farmers are using Roundup, not just to kill weeds, but to dry out the wheat plants to allow for an earlier, easier and bigger harvest and that such a practice causes absorption of toxic glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup and other herbicides, right into the wheat kernels themselves?

I'd like to see the types of bread found in these farmer's kitchens...

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

DNA (18th April 2016), East Sun (5th April 2016), fourty-two (29th October 2016), Hervé (5th April 2016), kennywally (5th April 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

9. Link to Post #525
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,738 times in 4,314 posts

Absolutely!
    I think it is the fact almost all wheat is GMO now as well.
    I laugh my ass off when I hear people talk about being gluten sensitive. People who have been eating wheat for 30+ years and NOW all of a sudden they are gluten sensitive. It is the elites beautiful assistant Miss Direction.

I stopped by to bump this magnificent thread.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Hervé (18th April 2016), onawah (20th April 2016), petra (19th January 2018), TargeT (20th April 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

11. Link to Post #526
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,444 times in 21,492 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Absolutely!
    I think it is the fact almost all wheat is GMO now as well.
    I laugh my ass off when I hear people talk about being gluten sensitive. People who have been eating wheat for 30+ years and NOW all of a sudden they are gluten sensitive. It is the elites beautiful assistant Miss Direction.
    In my estimation, not just the GMO and associated glyphosate and other herbicides increasingly common in our food, but also other insults to the intestinal flora, such as vaccines and antibiotics and sterilized foods, which lead to a more permeable gut wall, allowing more of the foreign proteins in grains into the blood stream, and disrupting other important metabolic pathways.

See for example:
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

DNA (20th April 2016), fourty-two (20th April 2016), onawah (20th April 2016), petra (19th January 2018), Stephanie (1st October 2016), TargeT (20th April 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

13. Link to Post #527
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Severe candida overgrowth surfaced on Erin Waage's face, but she felt it in every organ. It begins @ 4:36. Note: I don't agree with all of her health suggestions. For example, she says use honey rather than sugar. I'd nix both.

Summary:

Michelle Walling interviewed Erin Waage, who was literally faced with death due to a severe candida overgrowth (systemic candidiasis). The doctors she had seen for my condition were only adding to the problem. It wasn’t till she took full responsibility for her own health in a holistic manner that she began to heal. We discuss the holistic methods for clearing the candida as well as detoxification for many other things, including our organs.

How Erin Waage Holistically Beat Candida

Published on Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th April 2016 at 23:40.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

DNA (11th June 2016), lunaflare (28th April 2016), onawah (11th June 2016), Stephanie (1st October 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

15. Link to Post #528
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,534 times in 4,011 posts

I had the same symptom as Erin when I was about seven. Never got that severe, because I ripped the crust off every day...and that can make you bleed. Must be excruciating to have it spread inside the body; it feels pretty much like super glue. Of course, I was given a topical fungicide and after that, was lucky it didn't come back. Its spores must be literally floating out in the breath.

Glad this topic is sticky'd, it is probably the number one most germane subject to all human beings.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

DNA (11th June 2016), Karezza (18th August 2017), onawah (11th June 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

17. Link to Post #529
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Gut Bacteria’s Vital Role in Prefrontal Cortex, Brain’s White Matter
    https://bbrfoundation.org/brain-matt...s-white-matter
    Quote Researchers have shown for the first time, in mice, that naturally occurring gut bacteria are vital in the process that leads to proper development of the prefrontal cortex. The PFC is a major brain region that is the seat of cognition. Its function is impaired in some psychiatric and neurodevelopmental disorders, including schizophrenia and autism spectrum disorder (ASD).

While most of us probably don’t associate microbes in our digestive system with the functioning of our brain, the connection has been established in recent years using what scientists calls GF animal models – animals that are raised in a germ-free environment, and that are deficient in the myriad species of microbes that normally colonize the digestive tract. In experiments in GF animals, variations in the types and amounts of microbes have been observed to correlate with anxiety-related behaviors, impaired social cognition and the response to stress.

How exactly do tiny microbes affect the brain? Researchers based at University College Cork, in Ireland, led by Professor John F. Cryan, Ph.D. and including 2013 NARSAD Young Investigator grantee Gerard Clarke, Ph.D., examined links between gut bacteria and gene activity in neurons of the prefrontal cortex in mice. Mice, being mammals, are not only closely related to humans genetically; their brains, while less complex than those of humans, are excellent functional models that in many ways parallel the function of the human brain.

Study: gut bacteria are vital in the process leading to proper development of the prefrontal cortex #microbiome. Tweet >

Reporting April 5, 2016 in the journal Translational Psychiatry, the team found that in mice bred “germ-free” and whose guts were grossly deficient in normal colonization by bacteria, nerve cells in the prefrontal cortex produced too much myelin, the substance that protectively coats the thread-like filaments that connect brain cells and carry their messages. This overproduction of myelin was the result of overactivity in genes that instruct cells to manufacture the insulating substance.

This is an important finding, in part because irregularities in myelin – and the portion of the brain that is dominated by it, called “white matter” – have long been associated with schizophrenia.
    The unusual genetic activity and excess of myelin related to an absence of normal gut microbes, the team found, could be reversed by subsequent introduction of bacteria that settled in the mice’s bodies during a critical period of early development. This result suggests that gut bacteria may be a useful target in developing new forms of treatment to curb, control or even prevent some cases of mental illness in which the prefrontal cortex does not function properly.

The team cautioned that their findings applied only in male mice, as females with bacterial deficiencies did not demonstrate the same developmental differences. This sex difference, the researchers urge, should be explored in future studies.

Takeaway: A study has found that the body’s natural gut bacteria help regulate neuronal structure within the prefrontal cortex, pointing toward a new possible target for treating mental illness linked with problems in this brain region.

TAGS: SchizophreniaAutismBasic ResearchDiscoveries
    Each breath a gift...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Constance (11th June 2016), DNA (11th June 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017), ThePythonicCow (11th June 2016)

19. Link to Post #530
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st October 2016), meat suit (1st October 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

21. Link to Post #531
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Great video supporting what has been mentioned in the fat thread. Are you going to add it there Target? And has it somewhere somewhat changed your position on exclusive function of caloric intake?

By the way this could go in the races thread as well since empoverished ghetto kids are fed cheap foods filled with gmo, preservatives and chemicals killing the second brain, therefore enhancing anti social behaviors as seen in the above video. Hence more violence, killings and a vicious circle.

Feed the guts adequately, fat will decrease, violence too and even autism. People will be able to start thinking with their neo cortex instead of their reptilian and emotional brain exclusively.

An organized humane society will then prosper.

It is very obvious that the whole gammit of poisons is released on us to have the 4% genetically damaged psychopaths remain in control because they know that gut feeding would not have any humane impact on them as it would for the rest of us. Their guts already have the necessary nutrients, better than any of us. Correctly feeding all of us would help our decision making, our social undertakings and help get rid of the sociopaths policies.

By the way, some dutch studies also show that a well nourished population decreases its reproduction rate. Within two generations they reach stability and light decline follos afterwards therefore solving automatically the over population problem.
    Last edited by Flash; 1st October 2016 at 18:44.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Daozen (2nd October 2016), DeDukshyn (1st October 2016), Stephanie (1st October 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2016), Wind (1st October 2016)

23. Link to Post #532
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    the over population problem.
    That's another false meme.

there is no over population problem.

Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

25. Link to Post #533
    Thanks

You are right there is no over population problem, there is only a greed and psychopathy problem.

Well managed, the earth can easily feed 9 billion Humans. The problem is allowing the resources to do so and second, to provide good healthy food for the guts and body/brain

But...: you have not answered my questions and comments in my previous post here. -

Edit: nice little video and you can come to similar understanding with purely scientific studies as well Certainly no mass killings needed.
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    the over population problem.
    That's another false meme.

there is no over population problem.

Last edited by Flash; 1st October 2016 at 20:28.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

fourty-two (1st October 2016), Foxie Loxie (1st November 2016), TargeT (3rd May 2017), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2016), Wind (1st October 2016)

27. Link to Post #534
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

The science of psychobiotics

Cell Press medicalexpress.com Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:19 UTC

Now that we know that gut bacteria can speak to the brain—in ways that affect our mood, our appetite, and even our circadian rhythms—the next challenge for scientists is to control this communication. The science of psychobiotics, reviewed October 25 in Trends in Neurosciences, explores emerging strategies for planting brain-altering bacteria in the gut to provide mental benefits and the challenges ahead in understanding how such products could work for humans.

Psychobiotics is a recent term. While it's been known for over a century that bacteria can have positive effects on physical health, only studies in the last 10-15 years have shown that there is a gut-brain connection. In mice, enhanced immune function, better reactions to stress, and even learning and memory advantages have been attributed to adding the right strain of bacteria. Human studies are more difficult to interpret because mood changes in response to probiotics are self-reported, but physiological changes, such as reduced cortical levels and inflammation, have been observed.

"Those studies give us confidence that gut bacteria are playing a causal role in very important biological processes, which we can then hope to exploit with psychobiotics," says Review lead author Philip Burnet, an associate professor of psychiatry at the University of Oxford. "We're now on the search for mechanisms, mainly in animal models. The human studies are provocative and exciting, but ultimately, most have small sample sizes, so their replicability is difficult to estimate at present. As they say, we're 'cautiously optimistic.'"

Researchers seem to agree that the key players responsible for the bacteria-gut-brain axis—the nervous system of the intestines, the immune system, the vagus nerve, and possibly gut hormones and neurotransmitters (e.g., serotonin and dopamine)—are involved. What varies is the excitement about the use of psychobiotics as methods of treatment for psychological disorders and enhancing cognition. For example, in mice we know that psychobiotics often increase brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which is closely linked to learning and memory. At present, we have no way of knowing whether psychobiotics affect BDNF in humans, and a systematic review recently found no overall benefit of probiotic ingestion in humans.

However, probiotics are only part of the story. "Prebiotics (nutrition for gut bacteria) are another channel to alter gut bacteria," Burnet says. "We call for an even further widening of the definition of 'psychobiotics' to include drugs such as antidepressants and antipsychotics, and activities such as exercise and eating, because of their effects on gut bacteria."

For now, consumers of probiotics and prebiotics should be skeptical about products currently advertised to have psychobiotic effects. Such supplements have a lot of promise as "add-on" therapies for antidepressants or antipsychotics, but many more questions need to be answered about what strains of bacteria offer specific benefits, how they work, whether they offset other benefits, and how they will be regulated.

"Psychobiotics are a long way from their true translational potential. It's a little boring to say that we need more studies, but that is always the case in any academic discipline," Burnet says. "The technology and resources already exist for such investigations, so though we are enthusiastic, the enthusiasm needs to be tempered and channeled toward answering the core mechanistic questions."

More information: Amar Sarkar et al, Psychobiotics and the Manipulation of Bacteria - Gut - Brain Signals,Trends in Neurosciences (2016). DOI: 10.1016/j.tins.2016.09.002

Related:
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

AnnOther (29th October 2016), Bill Ryan (29th October 2016), Cara (30th October 2016), Clear Light (29th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (1st November 2016), meat suit (29th October 2016), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

29. Link to Post #535
    Thanks

Some more information provided by our member William R Sanford in the bee thread, on glyphosate and its effect on human health - Argentinian studies and all. Worth posting here and in the tread on pesticides as well.

thanks Williams

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1109387

Quote New PAN report warns of global contamination of health damaging glyphosate

Friday, October 28, 2016 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writer

(NaturalNews) The popular herbicide glyphosate, also known as Roundup, is far more toxic to humans than the chemical industry claims it is, a new report has found. The Pesticide Action Network (PAN) in a 96-page document entitled Glyphosate, reveals how people all around the world are being systemically poisoned by glyphosate, and many of them are even dying.

Aerial sprayings of the chemical across crop fields are said to be safe for humans, because the so-called "shikimate" pathway upon which the herbicide acts exists only in plants, and not in animals or humans. But the report highlights the fact that, regardless of the supposed nonexistence of this pathway in humans, glyphosate is sill wreaking havoc on human health.

Some of the acute health effects of glyphosate exposure include gastrointestinal and skin infections, headaches, blistering on the skin, rapid heartbeat, elevated blood pressure, dizziness, numbness, insomnia, blurred vision, abdominal pain, chest pains, problems breathing, respiratory problems, sore throat and strange tastes in the mouth.

Other lesser-reported symptoms include problems staying balanced, cognitive abnormalities, impaired senses, muscle paralysis, peripheral neuropathy, decreased motor skills, chronic fatigue and abnormal body temperature. And none of this even touches on the long-term health effects of glyphosate exposure, which are significantly more problematic.

According to the report, glyphosate directly interferes with "numerous mammalian organs and biochemical pathways, including inhibition of numerous enzymes, metabolic disturbances and oxidative stress leading to excessive membrane lipid peroxidation, and cell and tissue damage." Furthermore, the report highlights "genotoxicity and endocrine disruption" that lead to "chronic health and developmental effects."

South American doctors confirm that glyphosate spraying is causing infertility, cancer
    Though U.S. doctors and health experts appear reluctant to report on their observances with glyphosate, their counterparts in South America have a lot to say on the subject. Doctors in Argentina, for instance, are reporting what's being described as a "dramatic upsurge" in long-term health effects where glyphosate is being sprayed on genetically-modified soybean crops.

Included in the list of effects are infertility, pregnancy problems, birth defects, respiratory disease and various forms of cancer. Epidemiological studies have established a link between glyphosate exposure and non-Hodgkin lymphoma, hairy cell leukemia, multiple myeloma and DNA damage. Even at very low concentrations, glyphosate has been shown to damage vital organs like the liver and kidney, as well as skin cells.

Not only is glyphosate sprayed all over food crops during the growing season to kill weeds, but it's also used as a pre-harvest desiccant to speed up the growing and harvesting process. According to the report, this process is used on wheat, cotton, various cereal grains, peas, and beans, as well as other crops.

It's bad for the people who end up eating these food crops, but great for farmers and the chemical companies like Monsanto that they support when they purchase all that extra glyphosate. And the repercussions are startling. Glyphosate residues are now being found in women's breast milk, as well as in blood and urine. Even vaccines are starting to turn up as glyphosate-contaminated, which means developing babies are now being injected with this lethal poison.

"The PAN Report is extremely comprehensive and really needs to be mainstreamed so that food growers, in particular, can understand the harm they are doing to crops, the soil, the environment, wildlife, pollinators, water resources and humans," writes Catherine J. Frompovich for Natural Blaze.

"However, it will be up to consumers and farmers ... to make their concerns and priorities known about saving the planet and humankind from toxic chemicals in food, water and the air, if we are to survive toxic chemicals and their currently unavoidable poisonings."

The full PAN report is available for free online here.

Sources for this article include:

NaturalBlaze.com

PAN-International.org[PDF]

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/055803_glyphosate_PAN_report_toxicity.html#ixzz4Oa 9moOvo

http://www.naturalnews.com/055803_glyphosate_PAN_report_toxicity.html
    Last edited by Flash; 1st November 2016 at 17:00.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st November 2016), onawah (3rd May 2017), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017), ThePythonicCow (1st November 2016)

31. Link to Post #536
    Thanks

This is really useful and relevant info for me. I have to admit that it's also the scariest because this is one of my biggest areas of self-sabotage, where I am afraid I can't beat the addiction. I gave up red meat and alcohol (long ago) and more recently marijuana and tobacco, but sugar is the hardest. I hope to find the tools and support to make some progress on this.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starlight77 For This Post:

Karezza (18th August 2017), onawah (3rd May 2017), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

33. Link to Post #537
    Thanks

This REALLY explains a lot of my symptoms.... (the article on spraying wheat with Roundup before harvest)

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starlight77 For This Post:

meat suit (3rd May 2017), onawah (3rd May 2017), TargeT (3rd May 2017), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

35. Link to Post #538
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You are not alone! Addiction to sweets and the resulting candida is something I'm working on too.
    Baking soda is a great ally, and mushrooms.
    Dr. Sircus has written good articles on baking soda for combating the effects of candida
    http://drsircus.com/general/survivin...al-infections/
    and here is good article about mushrooms from David Wolfe:
    https://www.davidwolfe.com/candida/
    Quote Posted by Starlight77 (here)
    This is really useful and relevant info for me. I have to admit that it's also the scariest because this is one of my biggest areas of self-sabotage, where I am afraid I can't beat the addiction. I gave up red meat and alcohol (long ago) and more recently marijuana and tobacco, but sugar is the hardest. I hope to find the tools and support to make some progress on this.
    Each breath a gift...

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

4evrneo (3rd May 2017), Ewan (3rd May 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th May 2017), Helene West (3rd May 2017), Karezza (18th August 2017), TargeT (3rd May 2017), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

37. Link to Post #539
    Thanks

I used a simple statement, every time I saw sugar or sugary things I would think "Poison".

Took me a while for that to set in, still wasn't enough (sugar is in everything).

Then I found out about "time restricted eating", ketogenesis or "periodic fasting" and I finally found my fix.. we are all different, but I went with millions of years of historical eating patterns
    Where are you?

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

4evrneo (3rd May 2017), fourty-two (3rd May 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th May 2017), StandingWave (3rd May 2017), The Freedom Train (3rd May 2017)

39. Link to Post #540
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,444 times in 21,492 posts

I used a several day water-fast, coming off it slowly eating only foods without sugar. That worked well for me to get off a high carb and sugar diet. The improvements to my health have been substantial. Monitoring the body for ketone levels helped too. Ketones are a form of the fats that the body uses for fuel when it doesn't have sugar or carbs in sufficient supply in the diet. The fast helps push one into ketosis, which is fat burning (for the many parts of the body that can burn either fat or sugar), rather than sugar (glucose) burning.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (3rd May 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th May 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst 1 17 27 28 LastLast