Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 10 LastLast

Thread: Time travel

1. Link to Post #21
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: Time travel

Quote Posted by K626 (here)
    Ok, think about this..

If you travel away from the earth at near the speed of light and come back from the nearest star, time on earth has passed expotentially...You might have been away a couple of years, but time on the planet has passed many decades (or more)...How are these two actions linked? The earth doesn't know what you're upto and time certainly doesn't....?
    I’m guessing if you do that, then you will have come back not aged at all whilst your other self left behind would have aged quite a lot. With that in mind, I’ll put my consciousness in the one that speeded away. Not to mention that time is also relative.

BTW, you didn’t answer my puzzle?

ps. my head hurts!

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

But without perception there is no time...Right? For instance for a universe of billions of years and the sub-micro moment of the big bang there is no differeance, only in OUR perception (standpoint)...Our moment...
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

3. The Following User Says Thank You to K626 For This Post:

Chanlo23 (24th September 2013)

4. Link to Post #23
    Deactivated
    Thanks

But without perception there is no time...Right? For instance for a universe of billions of years and the sub-micro moment of the big bang there is no differeance, only in OUR perception (standpoint)...Our moment...
    Ok, but if I had someone else with me in the passenger seat. Then there’ll be two perceptions. Which perception dictates??

5. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gita (here)
    I’m guessing if you do that, then you will have come back not aged at all whilst your other self left behind would have aged quite a lot. With that in mind, I’ll put my consciousness in the one that speeded away. Not to mention that time is also relative.

BTW, you didn’t answer my puzzle?

ps. my head hurts!
    But what if you did your bit of near light space travel in total secret...Zip you're gone and zip you're back...? As you say only your consciousness would be aware of that...What if you're consciousness is outside of time...Which it is, we are all vaguely aware of that. HOw does the physical universe know that you did it? What is the link so that the two bits of time don't match? How can they not match..? What exactly within the notion of time as an entity is keeping track of all this stuff?? It seems ridiculous no?
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to K626 For This Post:

7. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

There is still so much we do not understand, and new and exciting discoveries in Physics are made every year. What seems impossible now might seem commonplace in 10 years or less.

8. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Ok, but if I had someone else with me in the passenger seat. Then there’ll be two perceptions. Which perception dictates??
    That's cheating!!
    Alan Watt

9. Link to Post #27
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

If you ask nicely I can tell you how it works.
    K626,
    be a little bit more serious.

What do you actually know about timetravel ?

You can read all sort of books, webpages, go to the lectures...
    or talk, write, about it on forums like this one
    (which seems to have turned to be K626's ball throwing field), but still,

have you experienced timetravel, moving in time yourself ?
    in your physical body or in your light body ?

I am just curious.
    a.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to annemirri For This Post:

11. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

Probably doesn't change anything, because now you have an "agreement".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredkc For This Post:

13. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Not to mention that time is also relative.
    (i don't know exactly how I came up with this but)... time is relative to what... size of object?... speed of molecules?... both?

I mean- how is it that the life span of a small bug is only a short time? and the life span of an elephant is many more years than humans? Does the size of the living creature have anything to do with perception of time?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xbusymom For This Post:

15. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fredkc (here)
    Probably doesn't change anything, because now you have an "agreement".
    Aha!! So phenomena only exist if we agree they do...

I think that has to be the first clear positon on a discussion of time as a phenomena...
    Alan Watt

16. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

For instance for a universe of billions of years and the sub-micro moment of the big bang there is no differeance, only in OUR perception (standpoint)...Our moment...
    The Big Bang "theory" is pretty dodgy I have to say, its become accepted as Gospel just because most scientists seem to have reached a consensus. I think that this Universe is either much much older than a few billions years, or, there never were a "beginning" as we understand it and it has always been in existence. I also happen to believe there are infinite Universes, infinite parallel worlds; if you will, which brings into question whether there are infinite "you's".

17. Link to Post #32
    Deactivated
    Thanks

But what if you did your bit of near light space travel in total secret...Zip you're gone and zip you're back...? As you say only your consciousness would be aware of that...What if you're consciousness is outside of time...Which it is, we are all vaguely aware of that. HOw does the physical universe know that you did it? What is the link so that the two bits of time don't match? How can they not match..? What exactly within the notion of time as an entity is keeping track of all this stuff?? It seems ridiculous no?
    My head really hurts now.

That's cheating!!
    What about the kids in the back seat not forgetting the cats, dog and the pony I keep in my back yard. I must also have the pot plant that I’ve lovingly been growing... All these consciousness!! The possibilities are endless, no?

18. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by annemirri (here)
    K626,
    be a little bit more serious.

What do you actually know about timetravel ?

You can read all sort of books, webpages, go to the lectures...
    or talk, write, about it on forums like this one
    (which seems to have turned to be K626's ball throwing field), but still,

have you experienced timetravel, moving in time yourself ?
    in your physical body or in your light body ?

I am just curious.
    a.
    It must be clear that we are all time travellers for to exist now means to xist always - in the future and in the past.
    Alan Watt

19. Link to Post #34
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Majorion (here)
    The Big Bang "theory" is pretty dodgy I have to say, its become accepted as Gospel just because most scientists seem to have reached a consensus. I think that this Universe is either much much older than a few billions years, or, there never were a "beginning" as we understand it and it has always been in existence. I also happen to believe there are infinite Universes, infinite parallel worlds; if you will, which brings into question whether there are infinite "you's".
    Totally agree.
    Last edited by Gita; 23rd March 2010 at 23:38.

20. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

.What if you're consciousness is outside of time...Which it is, we are all vaguely aware of that.
    so if we are an entity that exists outside of time... then we can choose to travel anywhere/anywhen and then choose to re-enter the timeline at any given place-marker for experiencing 'time' again... right?

21. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

Quote Posted by xbusymom (here)
    (i don't know exactly how I came up with this but)... time is relative to what... size of object?... speed of molecules?... both?
    I mean- how is it that the life span of a small bug is only a short time? and the life span of an elephant is many more years than humans? Does the size of the living creature have anything to do with perception of time?
    Time is changeable. this was proven quite a while ago. Gravity affects time, for one. This one was proven by bouncing signals to, and from Mercury as it just rounded the sun.

As to it being relative... quote from the movie Deep Blue Sea:
    "Put your hand on a hot stove, a second can seem like an hour.
    Put your hand on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second."

Now, the whole relationship between, duality, time, and the ego, was explained really well, in a book thats still on my coffee table. but rhather than do it wrong, I am going to look it up later, so I get it right. Till then... my turn to cook tonight, so...
    Last edited by Fredkc; 23rd March 2010 at 23:33.

22. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

I was just thinking the same thing!
    The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. - Tom Clancy

23. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

What about the kids in the back seat not forgetting the cats, dog and the pony I keep in my back yard. I must also have the pot plant that I’ve lovingly been growing... All these consciousness!! The possibilities are endless, no?
    That's right and what or who or it is keeping track of all that ****??

Is inventing something thinking ahead or remembering?
    Alan Watt

24. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Quote Posted by whiterose (here)
    I was just thinking the same thing!
    You need more sugar.
    Alan Watt

25. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Majorion (here)
    I think it is more likely (with all the awakened info being pulled into the picture) that the scientists were instructed to reach THAT consensus... it may just BE the truth that time always existed... because the universe always existed (in the cycle/re-cycle of life) and that if OUR perception of earth-time is just a small single thread of the never-ending cycles...

yep- I can see where you are going with this...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 10 LastLast