+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 3 10 LastLast

Thread: Time travel

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

Default Re: Time travel

BBang is only a need for a beginning.
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

2. Link to Post #42
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Seriously guys, I don’t believe time exists as such. It’s only a concept to serve its purpose in the way we perceive things with our limited minds. All things are said to happen at the same time at all levels and all dimensions. If our limited minds were aware of this then we would go even more insane than we already are.

With that I shall bid you all goodnight. This thread be interesting when I get back to it tomorrow – oops – there’s that time thing again!

3. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

Quote Posted by xbusymom (here)
    I think it is more likely (with all the awakened info being pulled into the picture) that the scientists were instructed to reach THAT consensus... it may just BE the truth that time always existed... because the universe always existed (in the cycle/re-cycle of life) and that if OUR perception of earth-time is just a small single thread of the never-ending cycles...

yep- I can see where you are going with this...
    Time isn't linear that's for sure.
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

4. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gita (here)
    Seriously guys, I don’t believe time exists as such. It’s only a concept to serve its purpose in the way we perceive things with our limited minds. All things are said to happen at the same time at all levels and all dimensions. If our limited minds were aware of this then we would go even more insane than we already are.

With that I shall bid you all goodnight. This thread be interesting when I get back to it tomorrow – oops – there’s that time thing again!
    Agree it's ony a concept, but it is one of those rare concepts that carries a bit of radiation.
    Alan Watt

5. Link to Post #45
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by K626 (here)
    It must be clear that we are all time travellers for to exist now means to xist always - in the future and in the past.
    Fine,
    but let's be more concrete.

You are you "K626" (let it be our secret that I know that you exist as a real physical person.)
    and
    we see you here in this three (3) dimensional world,

NOW in this moment,

and we all agree that we all see, feel, sense and understand with our minds
    this same special moment in excatly same way,

then something happens, you are not here,

you are gone,

to another time, timeline, reality, existence, dimension, frequency,

and then you are back here in this same moment with us seeing and sensing, understanding as we do,

the only difference in you is that you are the only one who "knows" that you have been away,

Has something like that happend to you ?

a.

6. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Quote Posted by Gita (here)
    It’s only a concept to serve its purpose in the way we perceive things with our limited minds.
    maybe we devised a way to imerse ourselves into a belief of separation-existance in order to better focus on a particular idea / or experience...

ergo... not insane... just contained-focused...

7. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Quote Posted by annemirri (here)
    Fine,
    but let's be more concrete.

You are you "K626" (let it be our secret that I know that you exist as a real physical person.)
    and
    we see you here in this three (3) dimensional world,

NOW in this moment,

and we all agree that we all see, feel, sense and understand with our minds
    this same special moment in excatly same way,

then something happens, you are not here,

you are gone,

to another time, timeline, reality, existence, dimension, frequency,

and then you are back here in this same moment with us seeing and sensing, understanding as we do,

the only difference in you is that you are the only one who "knows" that you have been away,

Has something like that happend to you ?

a.
    I am not here, only my signature is...It is the same for all of us. Every single one of us. And we were here before the universe.
    Alan Watt

8. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

maybe we devised a way to imerse ourselves into a belief of separation-existance in order to better focus on a particular idea / or experience...

I like Gita she is clever.
    Alan Watt

9. Link to Post #49
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

I am not here, only my signature is...It is the same for all of us. Every single one of us. And we were here before the universe.
    Nonsense !
    Whom you try to fool with that ? Not me.

You obviously haven't experienced timetravel yourself, and you cannot take that someone has,
    the least me.

a.

10. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

and it isn't static either... so how does memory fit into all of this... because everyone remembers a different version of the same incident... and even the passing of time (or suggestion from others) can alter the memory of the original incident...

the only thing I can come up with is... perception???

which takes us right back to the perception of time... cause as our mind gathers more info... we SEE/understand things about the same incident/time-referencdifferently...

so is it all really about perception???

11. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

I think it is more likely (with all the awakened info being pulled into the picture) that the scientists were instructed to reach THAT consensus
    Of course its all instructed, but why stop at science, you also have religion, finance, education, media, television, hollywood, video games, and a system of Government -- so many ways to manipulate/control people, and all this (combined) works very efficiently to suppress the truth.

12. Link to Post #52
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default to knowthe truths, and secrets

Quote Posted by Majorion (here)
    Of course its all instructed, but why stop at science, you also have religion, finance, education, media, television, hollywood, video games, and a system of Government -- so many ways to manipulate/control people, and all this (combined) works very efficiently to suppress the truth.
    Majorion, you are wise,

I was lucky as I went to school in a country where we were encouraged to find our own truths
    by asking questions, learn from many different sources,
    see things in many angles,

but, still, there were the common accepted truths to be learned and taught.

I could not understand physics (though I was considered to be "in top 5%"at school ),
    it just did not make any sense to be, so I chose to study only the very basics, and answer the questions by heart, copying what I had read from schoolbooks,

as I had experienced even the TIME differently,

and if I did know much about physics
    I would never have accepted my own alien encounters as reality.

Our physics is just starting to see the light.

a.

13. Link to Post #53
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Thumbs up Re: Time travel

Wonderful stuff here~ you all are a clever bunch

14. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Wow wasn't expecting such a big response

Good Gita...He IS doing both. For to throw the ball he already imagines catching it...

Ok, think about this..

If you travel away from the earth at near the speed of light and come back from the nearest star, time on earth has passed expotentially...You might have been away a couple of years, but time on the planet has passed many decades (or more)...How are these two actions linked? The earth doesn't know what you're upto and time certainly doesn't....?
    But in this reality that has to have already happened.
    So it doesn't matter if you leave the planet for a day or 100 years time has already happened
    Swanny is the waskly wabbit.
    Temet Nosce
    Don't worry.....Be happy 44

15. Link to Post #55
    Deactivated
    Thanks

It must be clear that we are all time travellers for to exist now means to xist always - in the future and in the past.
    Quite right, but lets not forget the NOW for that is where our focus is and therefore in our perception that’s where we exist. Not to mention now is all there is!!

I wonder whether we actually do travel in time or time comes to us once we put our attention on it! Is there a difference?!

Quote Posted by xbusymum (here)
    so if we are an entity that exists outside of time... then we can choose to travel anywhere/anywhen and then choose to re-enter the timeline at any given place-marker for experiencing 'time' again... right?
    That is a possibility – if only our consciousness could break free of this 3D prison. But I think being aware of the concept and the possibility then the bars of limitation may slowly begin to melt away. Ah, one can only dream – yet that’s a start in itself.

Quote Posted by Fredkc (here)
    Time is changeable. this was proven quite a while ago. Gravity affects time, for one. This one was proven by bouncing signals to, and from Mercury as it just rounded the sun.
    As to it being relative... quote from the movie Deep Blue Sea:
    "Put your hand on a hot stove, a second can seem like an hour.
    Put your hand on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second."
    Exactly. But also other factors are involved i.e perception also affects time as shown in your example – nice example by the way.

16. Link to Post #56
    Deactivated
    Thanks

That's right and what or who or it is keeping track of all that ****??

Is inventing something thinking ahead or remembering?
    The collective consciousness and collective perception could lead to a collective creation to that instance of reality – maybe? But what happens if there’s no agreement? Would this lead to chaos which in turn would arrange itself into something bigger outside of the consciousness in order to bring in some kind of order?!

True. If everything is happening at the same time then time cannot be linear. I sometimes see time as spiral that can loop back in on itself. An easier way to understand it is see time as a tree with leaves and branches where every leaf and every branch is different event. Events do not happen in sequences in the way we believe it does as everything is happening all at the same time. The only way of seeing an event is to put our attention on it.

I’ve regressed people into their past lives where their immediate previous past life would be in the 15th century whilst three past lives before that would be in the 19th century. Mind boggling stuff.

Agree it's ony a concept, but it is one of those rare concepts that carries a bit of radiation.
    Sure – time has been engrained into the human consciousness since the beginning of time!! With so many people over eons of time/space giving life to the concept of time would manifest it in a way as to give it life – a kind of an artificial life that has the capabilities of affecting our perceptions and limiting our consciousness – but keeping us sane at the same time!

17. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

(i don't know exactly how I came up with this but)... time is relative to what... size of object?... speed of molecules?... both?

I mean- how is it that the life span of a small bug is only a short time? and the life span of an elephant is many more years than humans? Does the size of the living creature have anything to do with perception of time?
    Perception of time effects everything, standing at a bus stop in the pouring rain waiting for a bus that's a minute late seems forever.
    I wonder about those stupid flies that only live a few days, you see them sat on the wall and a day later they are still there haven't moved an inch. What a waste of time
    Temet Nosce

18. Link to Post #58
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by xbusymum (here)

I agree but I keep remembering that there are so many other factors involved and one in my mind is to stop us going insane as well. As strong as our minds are, it can also be fragile due to lack of knowledge and rigid belief system which can send a person insane if something contradictory shows up. Don’t you just love the dichotomies of life?

Totally agree. We are all energy signatures but going back to our focused attention, then this signature in the present now seems to me to be more dominant which makes us experience as if we are only here!

Quote Posted by annemirri (here)
    Nonsense !
    Whom you try to fool with that ? Not me.

You obviously haven't experienced timetravel yourself, and you cannot take that someone has,
    the least me.
    No one could possibly know any of this time travel stuff for sure. People here are just giving opinions based on their own experiences and their own thinking. I know there are people here who regularly astral travel which also includes time travel. Who are we to say otherwise just because we have not experienced it ourselves? It’s all good in my book.
    Last edited by Gita; 24th March 2010 at 10:32.

19. Link to Post #59
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by xbusymum2442
    and it isn't static either... so how does memory fit into all of this... because everyone remembers a different version of the same incident... and even the passing of time (or suggestion from others) can alter the memory of the original incident...

the only thing I can come up with is... perception???

which takes us right back to the perception of time... cause as our mind gathers more info... we SEE/understand things about the same incident/time-referencdifferently...

so is it all really about perception???
    Memory is to do with our brains. Our mind is different to our brains. My view is that the brain is a biological matter that is encased in our skulls which help to maintain the body. Our minds however is inside every single cells of our body. People don’t just remember a different version of the same incident they actually see the same incident differently in real time. This all depends on where their attention is whilst the events are happening and what their expectation is about the incident. Not to mention what mood they are in. This would affect their memory.

Also lets not forget the observer who can change the particle into waves and vice versa scenario just through the act of observing – their expectation also comes into play whilst utilising their belief system. Pretty amazing IMO.

And my head still hurts!

20. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

so if we are an entity that exists outside of time... then we can choose to travel anywhere/anywhen and then choose to re-enter the timeline at any given place-marker for experiencing 'time' again... right?
    Yea you can pop in and out anywhere you please.
    Imagine it like a book, you can open and read the book anywhere you like.
    Temet Nosce

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 3 10 LastLast