+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 6 10 LastLast

Thread: Time travel

1. Link to Post #101
    Avalon Member dddanieljjjamesss's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Advice in a Time Machine

Well, I'd tell myself to drop out of school a lot sooner and save myself the trouble.
    But I'm still 23 so ask me in a few years (:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dddanieljjjamesss For This Post:

Lord Sidious (26th April 2011)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    I would tell myself to seek medical assistance for the two injuries I had that never got fixed.
    I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with your current body functionality.
    Are you sure it is un repearable ?
    Could you send me PM? if there is any help I can offer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Maybe I would advice him(he will be not me as I talk to him) about my dark side temptings.

And Provocative early woke up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

7. Link to Post #104
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

I would say - do exactly everything you want to do, but do not judge yourself or others in the process.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), Phoenix (19th July 2011)

9. Link to Post #105
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 times in 243 posts

Unexpectedly simple - yet powerful advice. Thanks everyone.

Quote Posted by dddanieljjjamesss (here)
    Well, I'd tell myself to drop out of school a lot sooner and save myself the trouble.
    If you don't mind me asking, how are you doing now without that degree? Are you doing something more fulfilling now?

-Phoenix

10. Link to Post #106
    Avalon Member Project_Buggy_Beach's Avatar
    Thanks

I’ve thought of this scenario often I can’t believe no one is mentioning specific instances in their lives that would have prevented them from experiencing a roadblock, or making a wrong choice. For example, I use to know a very nice young woman, we met and had an instant understanding of each other’s personalities, things moved very quickly in our relationship, the kind of thing that happens once in a lifetime, but if you’ve never experienced it, and no one is there to tell you this young woman, maybe you should take this more seriously, than you surmise the same situation will continue, other women will come into your life with the same sort of deep connected feelings as this one, its how relationships work, but then its forty years later and you understand its not happening twice. So I would have said when you meet Julie, don’t let go, and I would have told me certain friends weren’t really friends, and don’t write that venting poem and leave it in the car for dad to find. Avoid telecommunication’s even if your flipping burgers, trust me you don’t want to work with those people.
    The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." --Niccolo Machiavelli,
    Italian philosopher, humanist and writer

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Project_Buggy_Beach For This Post:

12. Link to Post #107
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Being that looking back I can't think of one thing I would change, I wouldn't interfere. Not that there haven't been many moments and periods of finding myself face down in a mud puddle so to speak because of tremendous ignorance and stupidity, but they can also be brilliant teachers if allowed. Every scar is well earned and appreciated.

Cheers,
    Fred S.

13. Link to Post #108
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Levent tonga (here)
    Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    I would tell myself to seek medical assistance for the two injuries I had that never got fixed.
    I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with your current body functionality.
    Are you sure it is un repearable ?
    Could you send me PM? if there is any help I can offer.
    Thanks for the concern.
    I am not sure it is unrepairable.
    An avalonugget has offered to put some effort into helping me if I can get myself to America to get it sorted.
    So, I am hoping that base is covered soon.
    I truly appreciate your concern and your offer.

14. Link to Post #109
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

if i could go back in time, hmmmm....... i would definitely smack myself upside of the head and say "wake up you idiot." woulda, coulda, shoulda......
    warmest, corson

15. The Following User Says Thank You to crosby For This Post:

16. Link to Post #110
    Avalon Member dddanieljjjamesss's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Phoenix (here)
    Unexpectedly simple - yet powerful advice. Thanks everyone.

Quote Posted by dddanieljjjamesss (here)
    If you don't mind me asking, how are you doing now without that degree? Are you doing something more fulfilling now?

-Phoenix
    Just being a modest human being. I stopped going against the flow, and I do not feel a lack of education or mental stimulation because I'm not enrolled at BrainWash U.
    Good friends, good beer, and good conversation. Flipping switches in each other's brains and letting life teach itself.

17. Link to Post #111
    United States Avalon Member Heartsong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 times in 498 posts

Twenty years ago my son was just entering adolescence. I had a part time job doing something very below my capacities. I had just been diagnosed with a chronic disease. I felt I needed to be close to my son. I felt I needed to secure my retirement income by working another 12 years.

Twenty years later I know I was right even though it was the hardest path. My son is doing well having endured the Army and undergraduate studies. He's now in law school and has found his path. I fully retired at age 55 and have started my long awaited path of my interests.

There's not much mystical about daily life. Only in retrospect can we see the results of the decisions we make. Whatever you decide, do it from your heart and do it responsibly.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heartsong For This Post:

Lord Sidious (27th April 2011), Phoenix (27th April 2011)

19. Link to Post #112
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 times in 171 posts

I would save myself from a chronic disease and large doses of prescription drugs for my entire adult life by telling my 20 year old self to stay away from doctors and get off the tetracycline for acne. I would say, even though you are not fully aware of it, you are experiencing depression caused by the tetracycline, and the antibiotic is doing no good whatsoever despite what doctors tell you. Tetracycline causes a life-long disease in the form of ulcerative colitis in teens and it is still being prescribed for acne. Fortunately for a few, I have given them this advise and corrected their colon problems before it was too late.

20. Link to Post #113
    Thanks

In 4 years you will figure out how to travel through time! patent it! lol
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift…that is why we call it the present"

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sowelu For This Post:

Phoenix (19th July 2011), Positive Vibe Merchant (20th July 2011)

22. Link to Post #114
    New Zealand Avalon Member Studeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Back to the future: Google creates online 'time machine'

Back to the future: Google creates online 'time machine' that allows users to move through space and time

It may not be quite as exciting as a flying Delorean.
    But Google has nevertheless claimed to have created a 'time machine' in the shape of a web application that allows users to zoom into the minutest detail in the high-resolution time-lapse video.
    Its creators said it allows users to travel through both space and time by moving the camera angle while the time lapse video plays and zoom in and out of specific sections.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz1KrfA4l3a

http://timemachine.gigapan.org/wiki/Main_Page
    Destiny comes to those who listen and fate finds the rest. So learn what you can learn. Do what you can do and never give up hope! Marshall's Motto. Peace to all.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Studeo For This Post:

Amenjo (29th April 2011), ktlight (29th April 2011)

24. Link to Post #115
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 times in 243 posts

Quote Posted by Project_Buggy_Beach (here)
    I’ve thought of this scenario often I can’t believe no one is mentioning specific instances in their lives that would have prevented them from experiencing a roadblock, or making a wrong choice. For example, I use to know a very nice young woman, we met and had an instant understanding of each other’s personalities, things moved very quickly in our relationship, the kind of thing that happens once in a lifetime, but if you’ve never experienced it, and no one is there to tell you this young woman, maybe you should take this more seriously, than you surmise the same situation will continue, other women will come into your life with the same sort of deep connected feelings as this one, its how relationships work, but then its forty years later and you understand its not happening twice. So I would have said when you meet Julie, don’t let go, and I would have told me certain friends weren’t really friends, and don’t write that venting poem and leave it in the car for dad to find. Avoid telecommunication’s even if your flipping burgers, trust me you don’t want to work with those people.
    Wow - I didn't see this one until just now... You have uncanny timing. At about the time you posted this, I met a girl on a train randomly, and honestly I've never connected so deeply with an individual I'd known for 5 seconds... you're advice is absorbed into me - I won't let you down ProjectBuggyBeach !

-Phoenix

25. Link to Post #116
    Australia Avalon Member Positive Vibe Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 546 posts

Quote Posted by Sowelu (here)
    In 4 years you will figure out how to travel through time! patent it! lol
    best answer ever lol

I woudl say, "there is this shing called facebook, put all your money in it, and then get off the grid and disappear" lol

PVM
    I am the underdog, I am one of many faces,
    In a room full of people, I wouldn't change any places

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Positive Vibe Merchant For This Post:

Sowelu (26th July 2011)

27. Link to Post #117
    United States Avalon Member lightwalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 times in 155 posts

Default Time Travel & Teleportation

Below is part of an article I got from Steve Beckow's 2012 website. Great site by the way(stevebeckow.com) The link below has the whole thing.

Enjoy
    lightwalker

http://exopolitics.blogs.com/exopoli...011/08/ti.html

Time travel & teleportation

by Alfred Lambremont Webre, JD, MEd

NOTE: This article is part of a continuing series on quantum access and other exotic technologies that have been developed by black budget military and intelligence projects and applied to date principally for weapons uses, rather than for the benefit of humanity, who in the end have paid with public funds for their original development. This article originally appeared in Veritas Magazine, Australia.

The U.S. government has had Tesla-based quantum access time travel technology for over 40 years. Time travel technology has been weaponised with its principal impacts to date being for the sequestration in time loops of secret military installations, such as U.S. secret bases on Mars, political control of the human population, political surveillance, and attempted imposition of a catastrophic timeline on humanity by withholding or manipulating information about future events.

I - Confirmation of U.S.’ use of Tesla-based time travel technology

Two independent whistleblowers from the U.S. national security state have come forward with congruent, sophisticated, and extensive insider accounts of their experiences with Tesla-based time travel technology developed by the U.S. Department of Defense.

Mars colony eyewitness Michael Relfe is a whistleblower and a former member of the U.S. armed forces who, in 1976, was recruited as a permanent member of the secret Mars colony. In 1976 (Earth time), he teleported to the Mars colony and spent 20 years as a permanent member of its staff. In 1996 (Mars time), Mr Relfe was time-travelled via teleportation and age-regressed 20 years, landing back at a U.S. military base in 1976 (Earth time). He then served six years in the U.S. military on Earth before being honourably discharged in 1982.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lightwalker For This Post:

EC1000 (23rd August 2011), Tane Mahuta (23rd August 2011), Terra (23rd August 2011)

29. Link to Post #118
    New Zealand Avalon Member Tane Mahuta's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 times in 726 posts

Default Re: Time Travel & Teleportation

Thanks Lightwalker for the link.

TM
    "Seek the Truth.....and the Truth shall set you free!!!"

30. Link to Post #119
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

Default The Pitfalls of making Time Travel Work

Recently, a team of Italian physicists made an interesting claim. They said they’d successfully shot neutrinos at a speed slightly faster than the speed of light, aka the speed limit of the universe. If what they say is true, the ramifications would be enormous. Physics, as we understand it, would change. In fact, if these little neutrinos can move faster than light, then it’s possible that anything – in the right situation – can do the same, and, dun-dun-dun, time travel would be a reality.

After watching episodes of The Future Machine, a series about the pitfalls of bending space and time to accomplish the goals of two Australian blokes (however trivial), I have some thoughts of my own about the whole time travel thing. If you’re a young inventor reading this at home, with a half-finished time machine humming in the next room, you’ll want consider the following before returning to your lab.
    First, logic tells us that time travel would surely have disastrous effects on the human body. Right now, the scientific community is skeptical of time travel – and that only covers the debate over sending light back in time. The idea of sending a human being back or forward in time is a whole other can of atomic beans. There’s no use in sending someone on a time journey if they turn inside out and explode upon arrival. Unless, of course, we’re sending him back to the lab where the machine is being invented as a warning: “Do not waste more money on this machine, it makes people explode.”

Then again, we had no idea what affect sending a human being into outer space would have until we did it, and that turned out well. But that process existed within dimensions we understood – specifically, lines, ellipticals, and loop-de-loops. The process of sending a human being to the moon involves going from A to B and back to A (with a few space audibles in between). The process of sending a human being back or forward in time is entirely different. It would probably cause a little more than just motion sickness. It’s likely very similar to what happened in Lost. Remember when the island was “unstuck” in time and Sawyer and the gang were suffering from bloody nose-causing aneurysms? It’d be like that, except a million times less network TV friendly.

Moreover, let’s not forget the sheer speed involved. Think about how many safety precautions go into protecting a drag racer, then amplify that by 1000. If speed is the variable that controls the distance – kind of like winding up a catapult to get over the castle wall – then meaningful time travel would require some unfathomable m.p.h.

If the effects on the human being is not enough to deter you from time travel, think about the disastrous effects it would have on mankind itself. It would wreak havoc on the space time continuum and effect the entire human race with one wrong move.

So far, our dabbling in physics has turned out okay. Some people thought that the atom bomb, when detonated, would create a chain reaction that would instantly vaporize the entire universe. It didn’t. The same went for the Mass Hadron Collider, the particle accelerator built to study the deep structure of space and time and the intersection of quantum mechanics and general relativity. We’re still ok. But just because neither of those ventures actually ended up tearing open the fabric of the universe, doesn’t mean that it’s not still possible.

For the moment, let’s say the actual time travel process doesn’t destroy reality as we know it. Immediately, a secondary danger rears its ugly head. If you believe the world as we know it is the result of a series of actions and reactions, then any change in past actions would create different reactions, launching a chain reaction that would alter life as we know it – The Butterfly Effect. If you take this into account, then the idea of time travel seems downright irresponsible – because why else would you time travel if not to change something?

There’s a few schools of thought as to what would happen if a time traveler did something to alter the future timeline while in the past. Say a time traveler stomped on a particularly important dinosaur egg while foraging for elderberries. There’s the school of thought that believes time is absolute, therefore our universe (non time travelers) wouldn’t change. We’d never see the intrepid traveler again, but oh well, we’ll find another. Then there’s the school of thought where time is relative, and any changes made to the past would – in fact – bend reality. Atoms in the present would retroactively rearrange themselves to make sense of the cardinal rules of the universe. People would pop in and out of existence. Our brain chemistry would change accordingly. To us, however, nothing would change because the change would be instant. The scary thing about this idea is that it might have already happened; we just don’t know it.

Finally, the most mundane and practical reason time travel should be left to science fiction is its power to create mounds of military involvement and government regulation. Look how much work has gone into keeping nuclear weapons out of hands of terrorists. Now imagine how much work it would take to keep terrorists from going back in time and shooting Ghandi, or hijacking the Nina, the Pinta, or the Santa Maria.

But that’s not even the most dangerous part. The real danger would be from us – regular citizens. We’d effectively become plastic surgeons of time, except instead of doing a little tummy tuck, we’d be damming the flow of time. Councils would have to be formed to make sure all time travel is sanctioned. You’d need a permit. Time travel training facilities would have to be built, managed and accredited to train travelers. We’d have to add time traveling rules into our bylaws. It sounds like a headache.

So, before you take a step into your machine, young inventor, and Primer your way into the future, think of the endless committee meetings on the Morality of Time Tweakage. Think of the presidential debates framed around whether or not to destroy this infernal machine you’ve made instead of focusing on more important issues like clone’s rights.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

aranuk (5th October 2011), mab777 (5th October 2011), nottelling (5th October 2011), RMorgan (5th October 2011)

32. Link to Post #120
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Default Re: The Pitfalls of making Time Travel Work

Nice thread!!

Well, there are some more variants within this subject.

First, we must fully understand the physical properties of our reality. There is a possibility, that our reality is not as real as we believe, in this case, we might just be living inside an illusion, a very convincing illusion, that makes us believe that everything around us is completely real, in therms of solidity.

We can´t dismiss the possibility that we´re living in some kind of Matrix system, something like the movie. The Buddhist, and a few other doctrines and theorists, talk a lot about it. In this case, traveling in time would be much easier than moving our "physical" body trough space/time.

I remember a great movie, called "Somewhere in Time", with a beautiful soundtrack, by the way, in which the actor (the super-man guy) just had to surround himself with objects , wear cloths, and insert himself in an environment that faithfully resembled a certain past, and then, using the help of meditation, he manage to travel back in time.

Cheers,

Raf.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

aranuk (5th October 2011), jagman (5th October 2011), mab777 (5th October 2011), nottelling (5th October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 6 10 LastLast