+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Australian 'GREENS' Leader (World Govt. Advocator) QUITS..! Hooray..!

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Australian 'GREENS' Leader (World Govt. Advocator) QUITS..! Hooray..!

Bob Brown quits as Greens leader, setting challenge for party and new leader Christine Milne

April 13, 2012

NEW Greens leader Christine Milne has vowed to court greater support in country Australia and among "progressive" businesses after succeeding Bob Brown today.

In a surprise move, Senator Brown, 67, said he would leave the Senate in June. The party will now seek a successor to fill his seat.

Senator Milne was unanimously endorsed by colleagues as Senator Brown's successor, while the Greens' sole lower house representative, Melbourne MP Adam Bandt, was elected as her deputy.

The Greens and Prime Minister Julia Gillard declared the leadership change did not alter the party's minority government agreement with Labor.

Senator Brown said he had been considering retiring since the last election, and finally made the decision with his partner Paul Thomas two weeks ago while attending a global Greens conference in Senegal.

“I am sad to leave but happy to go,” he said in Canberra.

“It's a great reassurance to me that under Christine leadership this team will be in place.”

Senator Brown's departure presents a huge challenge for the party, which faces the loss of its Senate balance of power position at the next election amid surging support for the Coalition and Bob Katter's Australia Party.

Senator Milne said she faced a “daunting task”, but the Greens' team was up for the challenge.

She pledged to fight the “biggest assault on the environment in Australia we've seen in a very long time” by reaching out to country Australia and to business.

“Rural and regional Australia has a critical role to play in this century, particularly in terms of food security in a global context, particularly in terms of renewable energy and energy efficiency,” she said.

“Rural communities will also be the backbone of environmental sustainability and protection. I'm going out there as a country person to say to other country people..that it's time that the Greens and country and rural and regional Australia work together.

“I also want to have a much more vigorous dialogue with progressive business in Australia.”

The shock leadership change comes at the high point of the Greens' influence in Australian politics due to its minority government deal with Labor and its balance of power position in the Senate.

Senator Brown said he did not fear for the party's future, adding it was “on a trajectory to lead a future government”.

He said the Tasmanian Greens would seek a candidate to fill his seat. He had already spoken to state leader Nick McKim who had declined to the position.

Senator Milne said without the Greens' role in minority government, there would have been no carbon tax, and she would continue to push hard to put in place Greens policies.

The party had 48 private members' bills before the parliament and it would fight to have them debated, she said.

“My role is to advance the Greens, to give the community a very clear signal about where the Greens want to take this country,” she said.

Senator Milne paid tribute to Senator Brown's “extraordinary leadership” and promised to build on his legacy.

“Under Bob's wise leadership, the Greens have grown into the undisputed third force in Australian politics, with our vision, policies and action towards a healthier, cleverer, cleaner future embraced by 1.7 million Australians,” Senator Milne said.

“Under my leadership, we will work tirelessly towards making Australia a great place to live and work, now and into the future; a country whose government values what our people value.”

Senator Milne said Mr Bandt's elevation meant the Greens had a “great team for the city and the bush”.

Senator Brown said he looked forward to “fresh green pursuits” including bushwalking, writing, photography, music, and occasional talks.

He said he believed he was still relatively young and athletic, but wanted to encourage a new generation of Greens leaders.

Mr Thomas was at Senator Brown's side when he announced his decision at a press conference in Canberra.

“I'm looking forward to testing Bob's athleticism on some of the mountains of Tasmania,” Mr Thomas said.

“I'm also looking forward to him perhaps sharing a greater load of the household task.

“And also just having time to share as a couple in the things that couples do.”

Julia Gillard paid tribute to Senator Brown's “remarkable contribution” to state and federal politics over three decades.

“Throughout his time in elected office, Bob Brown has been a figure of integrity with a deep love for this country and its environment,” the Prime Minister said in a statement.

“I wish him well for his life beyond politics,” said Ms Gillard, who also congratulated Senator Milne.

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott said Senator Brown had occupied a major role in Australian politics and predicted “turbulent times” ahead for the party.

“I think Bob Brown has been a very strong force in Australian politics in recent years I would say too strong a force in Australian politics in recent years,” Mr Abbott said.

“All too often Bob Brown has looked like the real prime minister of this country.

“But I think he has had a role in respect of the Greens a little bit like that of Don Chipp in the Australian Democrats.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226325838511

PS - Good Riddance you SCUMBAG..!

(World Govt. Advocator)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2_MpLocFQus

Why did you Quit Bob..?

Maybe this will give us hint..?

Quote Senator Brown said he had been considering retiring since the last election, and finally made the decision two weeks ago while attending a Global Greens Conference in Senegal.
    Most Politicians come back from a Conference like that rejuvenated armed with New Policies to shove down peoples throats, but You 'QUIT' because something/someone forced you too, hey Bob..!

Or maybe it just dawned on you the GREEN SCAM is Dead, Buried & Cremated..!!!
    Last edited by jackovesk; 13th April 2012 at 09:45.

2. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

Default Re: Australian 'GREENS' Leader (World Govt. Advocator) QUITS..! Hooray..!

Nice one Jack!
    I knew there was no way you'd let this story slide without comment
    I too echo your sentiments regarding Bob... good riddance!
    Anyways, the only concern now is whether his replacement will turn out to be as insidious as he was...?!
    Either way, for the time being I think this a small win for Australia and its people.
    Last edited by D-Day; 14th April 2012 at 05:52.

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,014 times in 215 posts

Default Re: Australian 'GREENS' Leader (World Govt. Advocator) QUITS..! Hooray..!

He was a good politician
    Very pleased to see him step down!
    Leave no stone unturned...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Timreh For This Post:

D-Day (13th April 2012), jackovesk (13th April 2012), Mad Hatter (14th April 2012)

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Good riddance, indeed. What a shame his departure won't force a generel election so we can evict JuLiar Shillard and her team of nation-destroyers. The clock is ticking and we will not forget what they have done.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

D-Day (13th April 2012), jackovesk (14th April 2012), Mad Hatter (14th April 2012), Timreh (16th April 2012)

7. Link to Post #5
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Brown bad, Madame Milne worse

Terry McCrann gives Bob Brown the send-off that this irrational, dangerously irresponsible ideologue deserves:

Good riddance to de facto PM Bob Brown

by: Terry McCrann From: The Australian April 14, 2012

BOB Brown has been an unremittingly destructive force in the political life of this nation. His career in public policy has left not a single redeeming consequence.

That this has not been more universally recognised can be placed at the collective feet of the Canberra press gallery, the broadcast media in particular more widely, and the assorted current affairs programs led by the ABC’s Lateline.

I think I could safely say without fear of contradiction that before his famous Parliament House courtyard meltdown last May (above), he had never been subjected—in any media context, across the entire span of the previous 20 years—to even just rigorous questioning, far less the aggressive style adopted for interrogations of, I dunno, Tony Abbott, say?

And the infamous one-armed man would not have to move to his feet to count the number of seriously critical comment pieces on Brown by mainstream gallery commentators.

Always the tone has been gentle; that unlike the politicians of the two major parties, Brown’s motivations were as pure, if somewhat “idealistic”, as the driven snow. Global warming of course permitting.

Year after year, neither he nor his party were held to even the slightest account for the sheer silliness of much—most?—of what they proposed; nor the most absurd contradictions; the straight-out destructiveness were they ever to get any of their major policies implemented. Destruction that would be visited, not on the billionaires, but on the great mass of ordinary Australians.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a.../#commentsmore

PS - This GREEN FIASCO is finally coming to an end in Australia...

Especially with their newly annointed leader 'Christine Milne' at the Helm of the (Sinking GREEN Ship)

So which of Milne’s Greens is not a happy camper..?

The feeling of doom can only have been intensified shortly afterwards:

MELBOURNE MP Adam Bandt has continued his meteoric rise in politics, winning the Greens’ deputy leadership just 18 months after he seized a safe Labor seat... Mr Bandt defeated Sarah Hanson-Young and Scott Ludlam for the position but the Greens are keeping the tally secret.

Deja vu all over again. Remember this news last year?:

GREENS senator Sarah Hanson-Young has declared her support for the party’s leadership after it emerged she unsuccessfully challenged for the deputy’s position.

It was revealed today the 29-year-old challenged Senator Christine Milne for the deputy leadership on September 8, after the August election, but lost by a “clear majority”.

“Clear majority” means the only vote she won was her own. I wonder how the two women get on? Was that the question running through someone’s head at yesterday’s press conference, as Brown made way for Milne?

But a more likely source of strife for Milne is another woman:

Greens are divided into two tendencies - the so-called watermelons, red on the inside and green on the outside, and the traditional environmentalists such as Brown and Milne.

The watermelons are defined by social activism on issues such as refugees and wealth redistribution, and they are on the rise. They disproportionately dominate the party’s membership, even though the voting base for the Greens is largely swelled by environmentally attuned voters, perhaps less supportive of the Greens’ social agenda. Potential challengers to Milne’s authority within the social activist grouping include Sarah Hanson-Young and former NSW MLC Lee Rhiannon.

Brown was always able to hold the watermelons at bay because of his stature. Milne will be able to do so only if she is elevated by electoral successes.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a..._happy_camper/

PS - So there you have it folks...

Quote The GREEN CON is GOING GOING GONE..!...
    Last edited by jackovesk; 14th April 2012 at 05:39.

8. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 700 posts

Quote Greens are divided into two tendencies - the so-called watermelons, red on the inside and green on the outside, and the traditional environmentalists such as Brown and Milne.
    LOL...

Quote Greens are divided into two tendencies - the so-called watermelons, red on the inside and green on the outside, such as Brown and Milne and the traditional environmentalists.
    fixed it for ya...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad Hatter For This Post:

Cjay (15th April 2012), Timreh (16th April 2012)

+ Reply to Thread