Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let's talk about autism

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Default Re: Let's talk about autism

"Your name means "reborn"."

Haha..remember Renne? That's really sweet.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

percival tyro (14th April 2012), Renne (14th April 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Netherlands Avalon Member Black Panther's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,849 times in 847 posts

Quote Posted by percival tyro (here)
    Hi Renne, Your name means "reborn". Did you chose it for the Avalon forum or is it your real name.... Wearing scruffy clothes .Do you need others to accept you just for yourself?. My grand daughter who is eight years old has recently been diagnosed as autistic. When she was little I used to think of her, like your photo', a solitary flower in a bleak landscape. She is coming round now often seeing the funny side of our human nature and serene of things as they are. Wishing you lots of love and resourcefulness. Gray
    I was looking at the Avatar too. That's exactly where you are talking about.
    Even though the world we live in isn't that wonderful as it should be and as
    it will be, we can still be the beautiful flower. The flower looks isolated but is
    still connected with everything and everyone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flower.jpg
Views:	1747
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	15555
    Remember Who You Are!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

percival tyro (14th April 2012), Renne (14th April 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Autism and Asperger's syndrome is classified as a 'neurological development "disorder"'. It is not an "illness". In the case of High Functioning Autism such as Asperger's much of the important breakthroughs in human society are now retrospectively thought to have been accomplished by "Aspies".

Being one and knowing others, it becomes clear that this condition is not something which can be "cured".. I know of nobody with Aspergers who would even want to be "cured".

The brain actually is wired different bio electrically. One theory posits that the % of Neanderthal DNA is higher in Autistic people. Thus their strengths are negated and conceived as "weaknesses" in a majority neurotypical world.

Personally speaking, I think it is illinformed and bad advice to tell people with Asperger's "don't worry, you will get over beyond this and feel freer later". More prescient is to realise the realities of the condition, come to terms with them and to STOP "trying to be neurotypical", otherwise a lifelong burden of feeling inadequate can result. If you are an Aspie - accept it, don't wish you weren't. It's not a bad thing. Vive la Difference etc.

JMHO
    "Thus, the task is not so much to see what no one yet has seen, but to think what nobody yet has thought about that which everybody sees."
    — Arthur Schopenhauer

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dan i el For This Post:

ginnyk (14th April 2012), percival tyro (14th April 2012), Renne (14th April 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

google MMS and Autism,some amazing results over last 18 months,

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fathertedsmate For This Post:

Black Panther (15th April 2012), Eram (14th April 2012), percival tyro (14th April 2012), Renne (14th April 2012), Swanette (14th April 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Hello, Mark. it's nice to talk to you again!
    I believe what you said, I do.
    Not having an outward self make me simpler,and that's good. And I will be alright, no matter how impossbly big this plan looks, I'm always connected.
    And it's so nice to have someone to tell me about this instead of knowing it alone in my little unsharing world. This is the second time you helped me with my confusion, well, the third. And thank you very much!

Renne
    endless light from the deepest black

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renne For This Post:

percival tyro (14th April 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Gray- I'm so glad you recognised my name and my photo. I actually made this name up,it sounds similar to my real Chinese name. And then I found out it means 'reborn'.
    Mark- Yes, I remember the 'rebirth'! And also that you remind me how this name contains a lot of power.
    Panther- Nice photo! Except that the colour is too summery
    endless light from the deepest black

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renne For This Post:

percival tyro (14th April 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member ginnyk's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Renne - Please accept my unconditional love for the beautiful person you are. My grandson is high functioning autistic. He is almost 18 and my daughter has raised him with deep spiritual values. He is truly one of the awakened ones on the cusp of participating in the development of our beautiful new world.

I smile at the use of the word "neurotypical". From an outside world point of view, probably not a single one of us would conform to the definition.

Ginny

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ginnyk For This Post:

dan i el (14th April 2012), Eram (15th April 2012), percival tyro (14th April 2012), Renne (14th April 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2