+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr. Russell Blaylock on excitotoxins & more Natural News interviews now transcribed

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,102 times in 20,640 posts

Default Dr. Russell Blaylock on excitotoxins & more Natural News interviews now transcribed

Formerly, you had to pay to listen to the interviews, but now Mike Adams of Natural News is providing transcripts, so all subscribers can read them. He has been doing a series of interviews on subjects of great interest with really good info sources
    Here is the first transcription, of :
    Health Ranger interviews neurosurgeon Dr. Russell Blaylock on MSG and brain-damaging excitotoxins

Friday, April 13, 2012 by: NaturalNews

Quote (NaturalNews) In the following interview, Dr. Russell Blaylock, renowned neurosurgeon, author and researcher, talks to Mike Adams about MSG, aspartame and other brain-damaging excitotoxins that are widely used in our food supply today. Dr. Blaylock is the author of Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills and other important books on this important topic as well as others. In this interview, find out why Dr. Blaylock was shocked at what he found out about the effects MSG and aspartame have on our brain function and pathology and much more.

Health Ranger: Hello and welcome everyone, this is Mike Adams, the Health Ranger for Natural News.com and today I'm joined by neurosurgeon and author, researcher, Dr. Russell Blaylock. He's widely regarded as the foremost authority on excitotoxins, and we're going to be talking about MSG, aspartame, and other issues as we interview him today via Skype video. Dr. Blaylock, thanks for joining me today.

Dr. Blaylock: Well thank you, Mike.

Health Ranger: It's great to have you on, you know I'm a big fan of your work and your books. In fact, one of your earlier books, Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills is one of the first books I read that helped get me into the business of teaching people about health.

Dr. Blaylock: I'm glad I contributed- you're a great person to teach people about these things. I'm a great fan of yours as well.

Health Ranger: Well, I'm a huge fan of your work, but for those watching , most people are probably familiar with you and your work and your books, but for those who may not be, can you give us just a brief background of how you got started in this, what encouraged you to write that book and so on.

Dr. Blaylock: Well, I was a neurosurgeon and during my residency training, I was interested in what causes all these neurological diseases and I was particularly interested in something that most of my colleagues were not interested in. That's nutrition and its effect on the brain and recovery from brain injury. So that naturally led into looking at things that produce these problems. And I came across a book by George Schwartz on the MSG syndrome and as I read this little book about it, I said well there's a lot of things in here I wasn't familiar with. So I started researching monosodium glutamate and what it does to the brain and I was astounded by what I found. This is a very common additive to food and most people have no clue as to what it's doing to the brain function and pathology, particularly in the developing brain, a child's brain. I amassed all of this research, and so I decided to write a book, my first book, and I put it together and I presented it to the publishing company and they liked it and printed it.

Health Ranger: Now, most people who read that book are truly astonished by what you unveil in there. You talk about how the excitotoxins overexcite nerve cells and cause those cells to die, how it passes through the blood/brain barrier and so on. Just how toxic is MSG really and then, might you also add, what have you learned since writing the book that would add to the weight of the evidence?

Dr. Blaylock: Well actually, this book was written in 1994 and updated a few years after that but the amount of information we have about this toxicity has grown by leaps and bounds. There's an enormous amount of literature, so the weight of the evidence on my side is just overwhelming. Now, what we've discovered is that this is a very toxic substance, particularly to the developing brain. So if a mother is consuming it while she's pregnant in these high amounts, it not only passes through the placenta to the developing baby, but the amount or concentration of glutamate in the baby's blood is twice as high as the mother's. And of course this is a very delicate developing brain, the brain is under very complex development and we know that glutamate plays a big role in brain development. If the levels are too high or too low it can cause significant abnormalities in how the brain develops. Well women have been consuming this stuff and children have been consuming this stuff since 1945. And the amount in the food has doubled every decade since that time. Massive amounts of this stuff- and a study, a research foundation found out in fact that the amounts humans are consuming is the same amount that produces lesions in animal's brains. So of all the life forms on earth, humans are the most sensitive to the MSG toxicity.

Health Ranger: Well let's make sure we cover two of the basic concepts again for those viewers who may be new to this. Number one, why is MSG added to foods and then number two, what are the most common symptoms that people might observe in their own physiology that would be a clue that they're experiencing MSG toxicity.
    Read the rest here:
    http://www.naturalnews.com/035555_Ru...itotoxins.html

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035555_Ru...#ixzz1s8SxdSFz
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

freebird111777 (15th April 2012), mountain_jim (19th April 2012), Muzz (18th April 2012), The Truth Is In There (18th April 2012), ThePythonicCow (15th April 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Germany Avalon Member The Truth Is In There's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 726 posts

Default Re: Dr. Russell Blaylock on excitotoxins & more Natural News interviews now transcrib

i'm currently reading mr. blaylocks 2nd book...very interesting. a lot more scientific than the average "eat this, don't eat that"-book. recommended for all who want to know why, not just what.
    Among the blind the one-eyed is a madman.

+ Reply to Thread