+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BIRD LOVERS.....URGENT HELP NEEDED please

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

Default BIRD LOVERS.....URGENT HELP NEEDED please

sitting in the house today I heard a big thud, thought someone had thrown a baseball at the side of the house......looked out on the porch and there was a robin, lying on its side, eyes closed beak opening and closing.......ran out to see how it was and it didn't look good, dark fluid coming out of her beak.........so I went and got my zero point energy wand, and went out and wanded her like mad.......she suddenly seemed to breath better and opened her eyes.......anyway I have wanded her for an hour and held her and her wings seem good enough for her to fly off the porch about 2-3 feet, but she doesn't leave......so I nailed a nice Heinken beer cases up high on my outside wall ( I have two cats) and put her in there with some water and seeds.....half an hour later she was off the wall and down on the grass again but not leaving....cats are getting very eager to leave the house......any suggestions??
    Thanks everyone
    Last edited by Earth Angel; 18th April 2012 at 00:25.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Alekahn (17th April 2012), astrid (18th April 2012), Caren (18th April 2012), conk (18th April 2012), crosby (17th April 2012), gypsybutterflykiss (17th April 2012), markoid (17th April 2012), Ontarioguy (18th April 2012), Realeyes (18th April 2012), RunningDeer (18th April 2012), RUSirius (19th April 2012), Russ1959 (18th April 2012), Samsara (18th April 2012), spiritguide (18th April 2012), Turcurulin (17th April 2012), WhiteFeather (18th April 2012), YvonneG (18th April 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: BIRD LOVERS.....URGENT HELP NEEDED please

Put the cats out and bring bird in? How very kind of you to tend to the bird

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gypsybutterflykiss For This Post:

crosby (18th April 2012), Kano (19th April 2012), Realeyes (18th April 2012), RunningDeer (18th April 2012), Samsara (18th April 2012), sandy (18th April 2012), tessie999 (18th April 2012), WhiteFeather (18th April 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

thats a good idea!
    my friend who works at a vet said they suggested I put it in a box outside so it could fly away when it wants to......I was going to put it in a box in the garage but they said it might hurt itself trying to get out.......right now its on the grass but I put some branches over it to hide it but my cat is going crazy to get out

Quote Posted by gypsybutterflykiss (here)
    Put the cats out and bring bird in? How very kind of you to tend to the bird

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

crosby (18th April 2012), gypsybutterflykiss (18th April 2012), Realeyes (18th April 2012), RunningDeer (18th April 2012), WhiteFeather (18th April 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

i wish i knew how to help. i love birds, but i've never had an injured one that needed my help..... sorry
    i will send many lovely thoughts of flying high, perhaps it will help.
    warmest regards, corson

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Earth Angel (18th April 2012), gypsybutterflykiss (18th April 2012), RunningDeer (18th April 2012), WhiteFeather (18th April 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

she/he left her Heineken condo and hopped across the back yard to the corner under some bushes.......my husband went out and got him and put him over the fence into the back yard beside us because our cats don't go there ( at least I hope so).......it was great caring for him or her, I don't know much about birds but this one looked dead for sure......so happy to see it hopping quickly across the yard,........all I can do now is like you Corson, send it loving flying thoughts!

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Alekahn (18th April 2012), crosby (18th April 2012), gigha (18th April 2012), Realeyes (18th April 2012), RunningDeer (18th April 2012), Samsara (18th April 2012), tessie999 (18th April 2012), WhiteFeather (18th April 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

and veil what3ever you keep the bird in so it's not stressed out by the sight of the cats

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Earth Angel (18th April 2012), RunningDeer (18th April 2012), WhiteFeather (18th April 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

What I usually do is take the injured critter whatever it may be and put it in a laundry basket with a towel or blanket draped over it, with some food and water, put it high on the fridge or shut in the laundry room (i have cats too ; ). Usually by morning they are ready to be set free. So this advice is for next time. Glad its ok.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

bluestflame (18th April 2012), Earth Angel (18th April 2012), Realeyes (18th April 2012), RunningDeer (18th April 2012), sygh (18th April 2012), WhiteFeather (18th April 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Whatever happens you have done your best.

Sometimes they make it, other times they don't.

All power to you, and bless you for caring.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Alekahn (18th April 2012), Earth Angel (18th April 2012), RunningDeer (18th April 2012), WhiteFeather (18th April 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,977 times in 5,652 posts

Could you place the bird in a bird cage temporarily till its healed fully. Just a thought. Great job on the rescue as this is a reward in itself.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Earth Angel (18th April 2012), RunningDeer (18th April 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Denmark Avalon Member
    Thanks

Depending on the weather in your parts. If you take a bird inside your house from very cold to average house hot it can die from the temperature shock alone. Birds are fragile like that. Leaving it free outside then you leave it to the smartest woman of all - our Mother Earth. She understands a balance far greater that we could ever do, but don't think your attempt to save it was for nothing no matter what happens. Love, compassion an unselfishness like this is beautiful in is it nature alone - the energy you give will do good in the greater balance even if your energy fails to save the target you aimed the energy at. Such is life. I admire you. And I'm curious about that wand? What is it?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Autumn For This Post:

Earth Angel (18th April 2012), Realeyes (18th April 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

The best thing you can do is handle wild creatures as little as possible.

The Robin is most likely a male and saw the reflection in the window and felt it was an “intruder” on his territory. With the spring, the birds are in their courting and nest building mode and are sorting out territory and females.

I have a beautiful male Blue Bird that has been battling the mirrors on my truck for over a week. He sees himself and is relentless in his maneuvers. I have to wash my truck ever other day to remove his various “fluids”.

With house windows, many times I will leave a light on in the room so the birds can’t see a reflection.

22. Link to Post #12
    Australia Avalon Member Christine roby's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't know if this helps but tonight in Sydney we have had a freaky storm and all animals are upset so the guinea pigs are in a washing basket in my bedroom one bird is on the curtains in my daughters room another bird is on the blinds in the bathroom dog is in other daughters room all doors in house closed so nobody can get to each other in the morning when they are all feeling better all can go free maybe you could do similar put cats in room they are usually happy with and bird somewhere warm in a basket spare room maybe or laundry I know birds are messy but all can be washed and when she feels strong she will go

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christine roby For This Post:

Earth Angel (18th April 2012), Realeyes (18th April 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. The bird has gone and I can only hope he ( I am thinking by his bright orange he was a male robin) has found his way back to his home.
    It was quite an experience just to hold him and to spend a few hours helping him and then see him hop quite quickly across the back yard. The wand I used is an Amega Zero Point energy wand Autumn so if you want more info you can PM me and I will try to find the site where I purchased mine......I believe it saved this bird and I have used it for many other healings on friends and family.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Realeyes (18th April 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Your light energies are admirable as isyour selflessness. The elemental spirit of bird will remember such a deed. This is a lesson of love and we all must begin to allow both wild and domestic animals to be themselves and free of human control. If we allow them they will show us the way. IMHO

Try watching the movie,"War Horse".
    Last edited by spiritguide; 18th April 2012 at 13:56.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

Alekahn (18th April 2012), Earth Angel (18th April 2012)

28. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

God bless you and your big heart. As you move into your future, this karmic event will pull you into a better place.

A sparrow hit our door glass with a loud thud and my 6 year old daughter saw it on the deck. We went out and it was alive, but badly injured. She insisted we take it to the hospital. It was late on a Friday, so we rushed to the vet (excellent time for compassion lesson). They didn't treat birds, but knew who did. We drove there and one of the technicians took the bird home to care for it while its wing healed. "We saved that little bird's life didn't we"? I can still see the look of wonder and awe on her face. I tear up now, thinking back on it.

It takes so liitle effort to be kind. It takes much work to be cruel and uncaring. Why do people make the wrong choice?

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Caren (18th April 2012), Earth Angel (18th April 2012)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

I did just watch that movie with my horse LOVING daughter who cried her eyes out......I had to look away a lot .......

Quote Posted by spiritguide (here)
    Your light energies are admirable as isyour selflessness. The elemental spirit of bird will remember such a deed. This is a lesson of love and we all must begin to allow both wild and domestic animals to be themselves and free of human control. If we allow them they will show us the way. IMHO

Try watching the movie,"War Horse".

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Thank you Conk, I have been trying to figure out what the message was for me........it felt amazingly good to help this little guy, I can only imagine the joy a 6 year old would feel doing this..... if I wasn't such a non tech person I would upload the many pictures I took of him.......something magical certainly happened to me.........

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    God bless you and your big heart. As you move into your future, this karmic event will pull you into a better place.

A sparrow hit our door glass with a loud thud and my 6 year old daughter saw it on the deck. We went out and it was alive, but badly injured. She insisted we take it to the hospital. It was late on a Friday, so we rushed to the vet (excellent time for compassion lesson). They didn't treat birds, but knew who did. We drove there and one of the technicians took the bird home to care for it while its wing healed. "We saved that little bird's life didn't we"? I can still see the look of wonder and awe on her face. I tear up now, thinking back on it.

It takes so liitle effort to be kind. It takes much work to be cruel and uncaring. Why do people make the wrong choice?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Caren (18th April 2012), conk (18th April 2012)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Sunday I was out walking with my two energetic dogs and found a small bird lying on the road. It must have been hit by a passing vehicle and appeared to have succumbed to a neck injury but sometimes it is hard to tell. It was a Chick A Dee and there was no movement at all.
    I couldn't carry it due to the pups so I wrapped it gently and loosely in Kleenex (warmth) then walked into the woods and placed it on a Pine branch as far up and toward the trunk as I could manage. I said a little prayer of hope.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caren For This Post:

conk (18th April 2012), Earth Angel (18th April 2012)

35. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Another movie that addresses the subject is "Eye of the Dolphin". You can find it at hulu.com. http://hulu.com

36. The Following User Says Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

Earth Angel (19th April 2012)

37. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member RUSirius's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,457 times in 507 posts

You're awesome...

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RUSirius For This Post:

Earth Angel (19th April 2012), spiritguide (20th April 2012)

+ Reply to Thread