+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are you close to graduating?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,696 times in 822 posts

Default Are you close to graduating?

Hi

Can you compare your search for truth like a broken record and no matter what "new" knowledge you obtain.
    It's more or less the same story, it's like the tunes you hear around the world, listen closely and you will find copy on copies.

If you can feel the sound of the broken record in you, "you are close to graduating"
    But your mind will make you feel hollow and the feeling there is no point in searching for truth anymore.
    Your unconscious limited mind is the DJ who plays the same old records in a cave.
    And what has happened to you, is that you have started to realize that it is the echo of the same old records bouncing back at you.

Now is the time to go beyond your mind and consciously really listen what's that record is playing to you.
    And as you listen, you will here the tunes slowly fades out, because the unconscious mind can't stand the light of consciousness.

If you can relate to this, I would suggest you use a guide. Eckhart Tolle is one good of many out there.

From feeling hollow, you will feel the urge to climb a mountain, and when you reach the top you will realize you have been standing on the top the whole time.
    Yes you will find yourself and you will finally be at peace.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to <8> For This Post:

Ahauchata (21st October 2012), bodhii71 (20th April 2012), Carmen (19th April 2012), Cartomancer (20th April 2012), crosby (20th April 2012), Delight (23rd April 2012), Eram (20th April 2012), Ernie Nemeth (20th April 2012), Flash (21st October 2012), Fred Steeves (19th April 2012), ginnyk (21st April 2012), jason4444 (20th April 2012), Kiforall (22nd October 2012), ljwheat (20th April 2012), Logan (19th April 2012), Mystique (22nd April 2012), noprophet (19th April 2012), Paa (25th October 2012), pilotsimone (20th April 2012), Rollo (19th April 2012), RunningDeer (19th April 2012), RUSirius (19th April 2012), selinam (20th April 2012), Sidney (19th April 2012), tonton (19th April 2012), Watching from Cyprus (19th April 2012), WhiteFeather (19th April 2012), wynderer (23rd April 2012), WyoSeeker (19th April 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,527 times in 1,560 posts

Default Re: Are you close to graduating?

And then there is silence, full blissful silence.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

<8> (19th April 2012), Eram (21st April 2012), ljwheat (20th April 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,933 times in 348 posts

Quote Posted by Carmen (here)
    And then there is silence, full blissful silence.
    And light!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rollo For This Post:

<8> (19th April 2012), Carmen (19th April 2012), Eram (21st April 2012), ljwheat (20th April 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 times in 355 posts

I would go for the silence anytime, the world has become way too noisy for me lately, I cannot stand noise anymore, and crowds of people too.

I honestly cannot say I am close to graduating, only my higher self knows. If I won't graduate I will be perfectly fine with it, I truly don't want to continue living on a dead planet which will support the life of bionic humans all connected to a computer matrix. And besides, I truly want to be free.

I have noticed that I am tired of everything, like there is no point in doing anything anymore. Do you guys feel like that?

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cilka For This Post:

<8> (20th April 2012), Ahauchata (21st October 2012), Alekahn (20th April 2012), Carmen (20th April 2012), Eram (20th April 2012), ginnyk (21st April 2012), jason4444 (20th April 2012), lelmaleh (22nd April 2012), markpierre (20th April 2012), penn (21st October 2012), pilotsimone (20th April 2012), selinam (20th April 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I do, last few weeks has been a non-stop bombardment of negative things that have shaken me and confronted me with my own incompleteness. It leaves me feeling like it's all pointless because I have no way to prove anything is true and I have no way to prove anything I've researched or got insight on is anything more than a combination of fanciful delusions. My problem is it's leaving me feeling destroyed and nihilistic because I have to consider the full possibility I may be off my rocker and that just is the most disempowering feeling ever, being wrong about everything.

I want for good things to happen, I want for some mass arrest, disclosure, whatever, to happen. I want so badly to stop being this limited, pathetic me I am now. Limited by my body, by money, and by society from really doing much of anything I really wanted. I can't change the world or do anything about the big picture. It's lead to me doing some...well, not so bright things lately. I want to take my power back, I want to be someone, I want to do something. It's like I want to go climb that metaphorical mountain, but I'm smart enough to know I'll never be able to afford it and not only that my body would be too weak to even attempt it without years of training. It just leaves me feeling defeated before I set out because what I truly want all seems to require things I just do not have the abilities or resources to access.

It's not that I want graduation, ascension, or really any one thing...but I need something, something big to dislodge me from this stuck position I'm in. I need validation, real validation in the form of tangible evidence of truth that all of this really meant something important. Because if all of my efforts until now were just a lie or practice in self-delusion I could never live with myself. That, my friends, is a scary thought, but one every serious seeker has to consider.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to the_vast_mystery For This Post:

<8> (20th April 2012), Alekahn (20th April 2012), bodhii71 (20th April 2012), Eram (20th April 2012), Kiforall (22nd October 2012), normam2 (22nd October 2012), penn (21st October 2012), WhiteFeather (20th April 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by the_vast_mystery (here)
    I do, last few weeks has been a non-stop bombardment of negative things that have shaken me and confronted me with my own incompleteness. It leaves me feeling like it's all pointless because I have no way to prove anything is true and I have no way to prove anything I've researched or got insight on is anything more than a combination of fanciful delusions. My problem is it's leaving me feeling destroyed and nihilistic because I have to consider the full possibility I may be off my rocker and that just is the most disempowering feeling ever, being wrong about everything.

I want for good things to happen, I want for some mass arrest, disclosure, whatever, to happen. I want so badly to stop being this limited, pathetic me I am now. Limited by my body, by money, and by society from really doing much of anything I really wanted. I can't change the world or do anything about the big picture. It's lead to me doing some...well, not so bright things lately. I want to take my power back, I want to be someone, I want to do something. It's like I want to go climb that metaphorical mountain, but I'm smart enough to know I'll never be able to afford it and not only that my body would be too weak to even attempt it without years of training. It just leaves me feeling defeated before I set out because what I truly want all seems to require things I just do not have the abilities or resources to access.

It's not that I want graduation, ascension, or really any one thing...but I need something, something big to dislodge me from this stuck position I'm in. I need validation, real validation in the form of tangible evidence of truth that all of this really meant something important. Because if all of my efforts until now were just a lie or practice in self-delusion I could never live with myself. That, my friends, is a scary thought, but one every serious seeker has to consider.
    That exact thought 'that all of this really meant something important, that it's not a delusion' has crossed my mind a million times. And then I answer with 'what if it was all for just experiencing that which has no meaning at all?'. If it's true that all this work is just for the experience of feeling something of no specific importance, then WHY TAKE ANYTHING SERIOUSLY AT ALL. What if the main reason for us to be here is to learn to master the feeling of not taking anything seriously at all. Just imagine, that every bullsh-t, that ever happened to you in the past and will happen to you in the future, will never get and had never got an emotional response from you. Right that moment your reason for being here in 3D reality would be useless. And that I think would be the ultimate freedom.

I think my brain is all over the place today.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cilka For This Post:

<8> (20th April 2012), Ahauchata (21st October 2012), Delight (20th April 2012), Eram (21st April 2012), ginnyk (21st April 2012), Kiforall (22nd October 2012), pilotsimone (20th April 2012), Reinhard (22nd October 2012), selinam (20th April 2012), the_vast_mystery (20th April 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Hi..

I can see doubts and confusion, this is normal,its your mind last attempt to confuse you. Because as soon as you get a taste of your true self, its days are numbered!
    If you get a thought, I'm gonna check out Eckhart Tolles work. Your mind will give you a million reasons why you should not and can not and I don't feel like it.

Listen to your emotions as you think about it, Your emotions are betraying you, to meet your true self. Do you feel a discomfort in your body as you think about finding yourself?

The game when you put a thing over your head and they spin you around and then you have to catch someone, you are that person, all you have to do is STOP listening to your mind and just walk away.

You are the great one the eternal one and from our early days, they gave you a name,it's not your name, that was the first lie. Your loving parents unconsciously feed you with false beliefs,
    then the school and your friends the government. (You get the picture)

It's a calling for YOU through pain suffering whatever it takes to bring your attention away from the seductive mind.

ARE YOU READY TO ANSWER THE CALL?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <8> For This Post:

Ahauchata (21st October 2012), Eram (21st April 2012), pilotsimone (20th April 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cilka (here)
    I would go for the silence anytime, the world has become way too noisy for me lately, I cannot stand noise anymore, and crowds of people too.

I honestly cannot say I am close to graduating, only my higher self knows. If I won't graduate I will be perfectly fine with it, I truly don't want to continue living on a dead planet which will support the life of bionic humans all connected to a computer matrix. And besides, I truly want to be free.

I have noticed that I am tired of everything, like there is no point in doing anything anymore. Do you guys feel like that?
    Hi Cilka..

You say: "I honestly cannot say I am close to graduating"

"It's Not YOU"..."it's your MIND who is telling you that"

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <8> For This Post:

Eram (21st April 2012), Kiforall (22nd October 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

My dear Vast Mystery,
    I hear your pain. I, too, long for some great thing to happen in this crazy old world that will prove that being a good person is really the best route. Instead it looks like the bad guys always win. You are so young, you have so much ahead of you, please realize you have so much to give to the world. First, questioning your sanity is good proof that you have some. Those who are certifiably insane are always certain of their sanity and never question it.

Next, get out and do something. Take a walk. Seriously. A good walk even every other day will do wonders for your state of mind. Adopt a pet, if you can. Nothing like a good dog to share your walks with. Volunteer. Go to a nursing home or a soup kitchen or a thrift store. I don't know where you are but I'm sure there are ample opportunities to give of yourself to others less fortunate. Trust this old lady, these are things that will improve your outlook.

Lastly, ponder this. To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did. When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence. "The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you." Substitute the word "God" with whatever word works best for you.

Please feel free to PM me if you need to talk to someone. I extend my hand to you across the miles....

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hermite For This Post:

<8> (20th April 2012), Eram (20th April 2012), Kiforall (22nd October 2012), lelmaleh (22nd April 2012), penn (21st October 2012), pilotsimone (20th April 2012), Reinhard (22nd October 2012), the_vast_mystery (20th April 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

That exact thought 'that all of this really meant something important, that it's not a delusion' has crossed my mind a million times. And then I answer with 'what if it was all for just experiencing that which has no meaning at all?'. If it's true that all this work is just for the experience of feeling something of no specific importance, then WHY TAKE ANYTHING SERIOUSLY AT ALL. What if the main reason for us to be here is to learn to master the feeling of not taking anything seriously at all. Just imagine, that every bullsh-t, that ever happened to you in the past and will happen to you in the future, will never get and had never got an emotional response from you. Right that moment your reason for being here in 3D reality would be useless. And that I think would be the ultimate freedom.

I found a little piece of your brain over here, can I keep it?

I really hear where you find yourself, and I love it. Doesn't it feel edifying to just be a little real about how you feel? "This too shall pass' works for me relatively quickly.

Just don't try to trick yourself out of feeling how you feel. Probably felt freeing talking about it.

What we have to let go of is outcomes. I think that's the hardest thing to relinquish (or was it relationships?), but if we're trying to line up with truth, the 'material truth' is that nothing is going to happen the way we imagine or try to 'manifest'. It will look the way it needs to look.

Almost none of these guys will do that. They still need it to look a certain way (I don't know, or they'll die or something).
    If whatever happens isn't perfectly okay with me, then it's me that still has a problem. If it has to measure up to my fantasies, then it can't surpass them. Either way. I screwed up.
    And no amount of information or belief in anything is going to change that.
    I love religions that aren't disciplines for that. They supply no rational answers, and lots of irrational ones. I think that helps to squeeze a lot of people through the needle.

I think you're right on it. I feel that way a lot, using different words of course. I feel like crap a lot of the time. I just try to get a little deeper, then a little deeper. It's usually not all that deep. It gets silly.
    Dark nights are a really good sign of emerging.

What's cool is that you're 'free' to feel how you feel, and think the thoughts you have about it. You can only do that because you're free to.
    How's that. You're free.

Cheers. Thanks for your posts.
    Last edited by markpierre; 20th April 2012 at 11:21.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

<8> (20th April 2012), Carolin (21st April 2012), Eram (21st April 2012), pilotsimone (20th April 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by markpierre (here)

I found a little piece of your brain over here, can I keep it?

I really hear where you find yourself, and I love it. Doesn't it feel edifying to just be a little real about how you feel? "This too shall pass' works for me relatively quickly.

Just don't try to trick yourself out of feeling how you feel. Probably felt freeing talking about it.

What we have to let go of is outcomes. I think that's the hardest thing to relinquish (or was it relationships?), but if we're trying to line up with truth, the 'material truth' is that nothing is going to happen the way we imagine or try to 'manifest'. It will look the way it needs to look.

Almost none of these guys will do that. They still need it to look a certain way (I don't know, or they'll die or something).
    If whatever happens isn't perfectly okay with me, then it's me that still has a problem. If it has to measure up to my fantasies, then it can't surpass them. Either way. I screwed up.
    And no amount of information or belief in anything is going to change that.
    I love religions that aren't disciplines for that. They supply no rational answers, and lots of irrational ones. I think that helps to squeeze a lot of people through the needle.

I think you're right on it. I feel that way a lot, using different words of course. I feel like crap a lot of the time. I just try to get a little deeper, then a little deeper. It's usually not all that deep. It gets silly.
    Dark nights are a really good sign of emerging.

What's cool is that you're 'free' to feel how you feel, and think the thoughts you have about it. You can only do that because you're free to.
    How's that. You're free.

Cheers. Thanks for your posts.
    Hi Markpierre..

I just loved the last part in your post about how we all are free to think and feel what we want.

I cannot agree more!.. that's the beauty of it all..That's what drives us and slowly we all waking up to who we are.

But when you finally wake up you realize that you were never free, that voice in your head who never give you a break.
    He was running your life all along and you were never your body, you was just along for the ride, as an observer to experience what it will take to wake you up.
    through pain and suffering,love..etc..

Don't get me wrong, it's all beautiful...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to <8> For This Post:

Eram (21st April 2012)

23. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Quote Posted by <8> (here)

But when you finally wake up you realize that you were never free, that voice in your head who never give you a break.
    He was running your life all along and you were never your body, you was just along for the ride, as an observer to experience what it will take to wake you up.
    through pain and suffering,love..etc..

Don't get me wrong, it's all beautiful...

Ugggh. I just thought 'what a meaningless mindless bunch of suffering'.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

<8> (20th April 2012), Eram (21st April 2012)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

"Graduating"? Well, the way I see it is, it’s more a question of how you handle what happens moment to moment, and day by day. It’s not so much a question of how far you have supposedly progressed or not progressed. It’s a moment by moment and hour to hour ball game. I would say it's more a question of how close you have come to "graduating" with regard to today, each day of your life.

You’ll continually come up against people or situations that probably “make you unhappy”. I guess the goal in each case is for you to eventually realise, in this particular context, that only you can make yourself unhappy.

The first thing you need to do each day is to ask yourself precisely what it is that’s been “making you unhappy” that day. No matter how busy you are, you need to find a quarter of an hour at least where you can be in a quiet place and look at the issue. I believe we should never let any unhappiness in us go unchallenged, or unscrutinised. I say we all have to be detectives, solving our own case.

A big part of initially facing the issue is being able first to accept the person or the situation just as they are, or just as it is. There’s usually no point in trying to change another person anyway. And the only way to ever maybe change a person is by initially totally accepting them as they are – or as you perceive them to be. They may be a cheat, a psychopath, an a**h*le, a bully, a bitch, a control freak, a chaos freak, or whatever it may be – in that particular situation at least, and maybe even most of the time.

Once you accept that that’s the way they are, you appreciate that they probably can’t help being that way. Foolish you for having let yourself be a victim. But because they can’t help it, you can stop blaming them. There’s really no blame. They just do what they do. It’s your job to deal with reality, and not to be deceived by it. When you do, that lightens your load. It makes you less unhappy.
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc
    A mind which is not crippled by memory has real freedom. ~ J. Krishnamurti
    (True, deep) stillness is the way.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

<8> (21st April 2012), Eram (21st April 2012)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    "Graduating"? Well, the way I see it is, it’s more a question of how you handle what happens moment to moment, and day by day. It’s not so much a question of how far you have supposedly progressed or not progressed. It’s a moment by moment and hour to hour ball game. I would say it's more a question of how close you have come to "graduating" with regard to today, each day of your life.

You’ll continually come up against people or situations that probably “make you unhappy”. I guess the goal in each case is for you to eventually realise, in this particular context, that only you can make yourself unhappy.

The first thing you need to do each day is to ask yourself precisely what it is that’s been “making you unhappy” that day. No matter how busy you are, you need to find a quarter of an hour at least where you can be in a quiet place and look at the issue. I believe we should never let any unhappiness in us go unchallenged, or unscrutinised. I say we all have to be detectives, solving our own case.

A big part of initially facing the issue is being able first to accept the person or the situation just as they are, or just as it is. There’s usually no point in trying to change another person anyway. And the only way to ever maybe change a person is by initially totally accepting them as they are – or as you perceive them to be. They may be a cheat, a psychopath, an a**h*le, a bully, a bitch, a control freak, a chaos freak, or whatever it may be – in that particular situation at least, and maybe even most of the time.

Once you accept that that’s the way they are, you appreciate that they probably can’t help being that way. Foolish you for having let yourself be a victim. But because they can’t help it, you can stop blaming them. There’s really no blame. They just do what they do. It’s your job to deal with reality, and not to be deceived by it. When you do, that lightens your load. It makes you less unhappy.
    Hi TraineeHuman and thanks for sharing your experience with me.

You said it beautiful, if I may say so.
    It's all about being in the NOW and allowing all that IS to be.

You said:
    Quote change a person is by initially totally accepting them as they are – or as you perceive them to be.
    By accepting them as they are, is to allowing all that IS to be. If you perceive them to BE anything, it's your mind that labels and you are not allowing that what IS to be anymore.

You said:
    Quote The first thing you need to do each day is to ask yourself precisely what it is that’s been “making you unhappy” that day. No matter how busy you are, you need to find a quarter of an hour at least where you can be in a quiet place and look at the issue.
    If you have to ask yourself if you are happy or not, whom are you asking,? (contemplate this) your mind OR your true self? your true self IS allways in peace.

Your mind whants you to find a place in the future to solve the issue, Because it cannot be in the NOW

You are beautiful TraineeHuman and when you get a taste of your true self you will start to wake up.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to <8> For This Post:

Eram (21st April 2012)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by <8> (here)

Hi Cilka..

You say: "I honestly cannot say I am close to graduating"

"It's Not YOU"..."it's your MIND who is telling you that"

I know it's my mind telling me that, but because I don't have a full access to what my higher self is doing or thinking I have no way of knowing what I choose to do on a higher level. It's kind of weird talking about not having access to higher self when it is part of me. It' like talking about split personalities, but it's not really.

Let me see how to explain this better. Just take a look at the world, it seems like it is out place or something, most people's decisions, for example, don't make much sense. We know that we have souls or higher selves and are capable of accessing certain information through our higher selves. BUt, when you look at the world, it seems that people have been somehow disconnected from their higher selves, it's as if the higher self is connected to the body, so that the body still keeps on kicking physically, but the higher wisdom is missing from that body. I think that if we had a full access to our higher selves, we would not have to make any mistakes in order to learn. We would just automatically know what to do, what is the best thing for us to do, and we would not want to waste our time making mistakes in the first place.

I think that somehow the higher selves of us have become distant. In the past, thousands of years ago, humans seemed to have had a better connection to their higher selves. Maybe the disconnection has been done on purpose to keep us enslaved, because if we were completely connected to our wisest part of ourselves, we would not have become anybody's slaves. Because I don't have this total connection to my higher self, I am unsure if I am going to be graduating. In a way I don't think I care. There has been so much pressure on us to make sure we do the right things for ourselves and others, and then what if one day we find out, when we connect to our higher selves, that we have been doing it the wrong way all along.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cilka For This Post:

<8> (23rd April 2012), Eram (22nd April 2012)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Hi Cilka

May I say that from my point of view, you are so close to the truth anyone can come with words.

About this:
    Quote when we connect to our higher selves, that we have been doing it the wrong way all along
    My experience is that, it is the higher self who give us just what we need to experience.
    It's about becoming conscious of consciousness it self or what I call now my true self my formless being.

Before I was looking for answer in my higher self up in the blue somewhere, now i have learned that it's been inside me the whole time.
    And it's like you said, it's all about reconnecting with it, or if I may, finding our true self again.

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,975 times in 5,652 posts

Higher self is the key element. For me Im Still working on my final thesis. Graduation is just up ahead.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

<8> (23rd April 2012), Ahauchata (21st October 2012)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Speaking for my personal aspect of the journey, "graduation" is continuous with neverending amount of levels.

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,700 times in 8,940 posts

I was just thinking of going back to school to get another degree

36. Link to Post #20
    New Zealand Avalon Member Tane Mahuta's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 times in 726 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Higher self is the key element. For me Im Still working on my final thesis. Graduation is just up ahead.
    Hey Whitefeather, thats good news too hear...

I've already graduated...just waiting to be uplifted...

TM
    "Seek the Truth.....and the Truth shall set you free!!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast