+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Colony Collapse Disorder Buzzing Info Here

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Default Colony Collapse Disorder Buzzing Info Here

A great read here as to why the bees havent been so busy as of late.

(NaturalNews) Studies linking neonicotinoid pesticides to Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD), a condition in which entire bee colonies suddenly disappear or die, have been gaining national attention in recent months as they continue to flood scientific journals. But one area that has been largely overlooked is the role high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) plays in killing off bees, as the vast majority of it comes from genetically-modified (GM), pesticide treated corn crops.

Chensheng Lu, Kenneth M. Warchol, and Richard A. Callahan from the Department of Environmental Health at the Harvard School of Public Health examined the effects of imidacloprid, a neonicotinoid pesticide, on bee colonies as part of a recent review. Part of this research involved using HFCS that had been derived from corn crops treated with imidacloprid, for which the pesticide ended up getting into the end product.

For their study, the team created four honey bee sites with five honey bee hives each, for a total of 20 hives, with each site containing four imidacloprid hives and a control hive. Among the 16 hives treated with imidacloprid, varying amounts of the pesticide were used in order to gain a proper assessment of how, and at what levels, it affects bees.

In the end, the team discovered that the vast majority -- 94 percent -- of hives treated with imidacloprid ended up dying off as a result of what appeared to be CCD, even when very minute levels of the pesticide were added. And a key culprit in this die-off was imidacloprid-tainted HFCS, which served as the delivery system for this toxic chemical.

"Data from this in situ study provide convincing evidence that exposure to sub-lethal levels of imidacloprid in HFCS causes honey bees to exhibit symptoms consistent to CCD 23 weeks post imidacloprid dosing," wrote the authors.

More here.

http://www.naturalnews.com/035610_ho...orn_syrup.html
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

EnergyGardener (19th April 2012), GoodETxSG (1st May 2012), Maia Gabrial (21st April 2012), markoid (20th April 2012), nomadguy (1st May 2012), panopticon (19th April 2012), Realeyes (19th April 2012), Samsara (19th April 2012), Snowbird (21st April 2012), STATIC (19th April 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Colony Collapse Disorder Buzzing Info Here

Can Chemtrails alse "Bee the cause for the Bee Depopulation. Have a gander.

http://www.stopsprayingcalifornia.co...Chemtrails.php
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 19th April 2012 at 13:58.

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

EnergyGardener (19th April 2012), GoodETxSG (1st May 2012), Maia Gabrial (21st April 2012), Samsara (19th April 2012), Snowbird (21st April 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Gwilda Wiyaka

Mourning Dove Salish

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

EnergyGardener (19th April 2012), Sidney (19th April 2012), Snowbird (21st April 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

G'day Whitefeather,

Thanks for the link and information on CCD.

Here's a 2010 article you might find interesting from my neck of the woods: 'The Bee All and End All – Tasmanian Bees at Risk'.

Briefly mentions imidacloprid, pyrethroids, diflubezuron and that GM crops are possibly associated with 'the ability to alter the genes of honey bees in very subtle ways.'
    The article also has a reference list for further research if you're interested.
    Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

EnergyGardener (19th April 2012), Snowbird (21st April 2012), WhiteFeather (19th April 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,322 times in 735 posts

This makes sense as to why the 'city' bees are thriving - they are collecting pollen from household gardens and not sprayed crops.

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Realeyes (here)
    This makes sense as to why the 'city' bees are thriving - they are collecting pollen from household gardens and not sprayed crops.
    Great Perspective. Wanishi

Gwilda Wiyaka

Mourning Dove Salish

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Realeyes (19th April 2012), Snowbird (21st April 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

whitefeather and friends, a fyi in case you aren't aware of the fact that monsanto on sept.28, 2011 acquired "Beelogics co." with headquaters in florida and israel. supposedly they claim they are going to research the Bee Colony Collapse. Beelogics in 2007 has been developing an anti-viral vaccination system for the Bees called Remebee to combat the Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus. is monsanto turning over a new leaf? i am skeptical, but............. monsanto also produced Agent Orange/Vietnam, took over world wide food supply which was enforced by their own army known as....blackwater/Xe and now is named Academi that now controls the BEES! will say it again, i am soooo skeptical about this and concerned. thank you for a great thread and everyones input. namaste, love and peace universally

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jjjones For This Post:

Alekahn (10th May 2012), Maia Gabrial (21st April 2012), Snowbird (21st April 2012), WhiteFeather (1st May 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I think Linda Howe Nails It Shut Re Pesticides causing CCD shutdown, without any doubt in my open mind. Great Interview here on this topic. This makes total sense to me say the least. I smell a rat and its name is Monsanto.

Gwilda Wiyaka

Mourning Dove Salish

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Alekahn (10th May 2012), Cidersomerset (1st May 2012), jjjones (2nd May 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

Like all creatures upon this good green Earth, they too need to grow an immunity to whatever this is in our environment. is this all-morgellons? Or Genetically Modified reactions?
    Why not now?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

jjjones (2nd May 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Unsubscribed wynderer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,989 times in 1,133 posts

gotta laugh at that 'Colony Collapse Disorder' -- the extinction of a species is a 'disorder'

Round-Up sales are still going strong tho -- my local farm supply store makes me gag when i go in there, w/the smell & dust of so many chemicals in there

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Can Chemtrails alse "Bee the cause for the Bee Depopulation. Have a gander.

http://www.stopsprayingcalifornia.co...Chemtrails.php

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    A great read here as to why the bees havent been so busy as of late.

(NaturalNews) Studies linking neonicotinoid pesticides to Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD), a condition in which entire bee colonies suddenly disappear or die, have been gaining national attention in recent months as they continue to flood scientific journals. But one area that has been largely overlooked is the role high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) plays in killing off bees, as the vast majority of it comes from genetically-modified (GM), pesticide treated corn crops.

Chensheng Lu, Kenneth M. Warchol, and Richard A. Callahan from the Department of Environmental Health at the Harvard School of Public Health examined the effects of imidacloprid, a neonicotinoid pesticide, on bee colonies as part of a recent review. Part of this research involved using HFCS that had been derived from corn crops treated with imidacloprid, for which the pesticide ended up getting into the end product.

For their study, the team created four honey bee sites with five honey bee hives each, for a total of 20 hives, with each site containing four imidacloprid hives and a control hive. Among the 16 hives treated with imidacloprid, varying amounts of the pesticide were used in order to gain a proper assessment of how, and at what levels, it affects bees.

In the end, the team discovered that the vast majority -- 94 percent -- of hives treated with imidacloprid ended up dying off as a result of what appeared to be CCD, even when very minute levels of the pesticide were added. And a key culprit in this die-off was imidacloprid-tainted HFCS, which served as the delivery system for this toxic chemical.

"Data from this in situ study provide convincing evidence that exposure to sub-lethal levels of imidacloprid in HFCS causes honey bees to exhibit symptoms consistent to CCD 23 weeks post imidacloprid dosing," wrote the authors.

More here.

http://www.naturalnews.com/035610_ho...orn_syrup.html
    These “people” are destroying the sacred circle of life on purpose. We cannot survive once this sacred circle is broken. Is it not already broken?

+ Reply to Thread