+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 7

Thread: Has anyone else been feeling a tad mor "antisocial" than "normal "?

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Default Re: Has anyone else been feeling a tad mor "antisocial" than "normal "?

Nah, I doubt he was expressing irony towards support servicemen, he was expressing his disgust towards those who enter the military to be educated in exotic places, and then upon a discharge expected to be treated with the same regard as those who had actually seen battle. It used to mean a veteran of war, not merely enlisting and serving.

A trend that he began noticing in Vietnam when the 'senator's' sons would be publicly be paraded out as entering the service to prove there was no class distinction and then serve their entire enlistment safely away from conflict unlike the non-privileged.. He referred to these enlistments as setting a honorable backstory for a future political career. This later made itself evidential in folks like George Bush. Who was venerated for flying a military jet around the Southern United states and then John Kerry was vilified in the press for his actual service in the country of Vietnam. If my father had lived to see that he would felt entirely justified in what he put into words.

A sort of serving your self rather than serving your country sort of paradigm. Neither could he understand the attitudes of major political figures who had actually seen battle, and how they could return, ascend into positions of political influence and STILL advocate war. Did they learn nothing of their time spent in war?

During the 80's he seen a prevalence of young men returning from service at age 25 with the same sort of attitude. Honor me for what I think I'm doing instead of what I actually did.

2. Link to Post #122
    Thanks

That MBTI is scary - INFP fits me like a GLOVE
    The more I learn the less I know

3. Link to Post #123
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RUSirius (here)
    I live in a difficult part of the world where you need to be very cautious of who you let in your life, so I have to keep many people a little at bay right now at least. I believe that many of us can raise the vibrations of the earth without being social, some of us are here to contribute in that manner, to raise the vibrations of the planet, and not necessary in an super social manner, some of us. I guarantee if most of us met with any of us, we would not consider any of us anti-social, due to our mutual amazing interests, we could ponder and discuss almost endlessly, I think if you just meet everyone with love, treat them as best you can, that is more important than being "social"..
    I understand you very very well.

I think that it is time for people like you and me to leave for good.

4. Link to Post #124
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ever woundered that you might not be the anti-social one, rather those that are thinking materialistic instead of love/care/compassion/etc. are the anti-social ones.
    Me personally do not have many contact with my fellow humans but enough to be 'considered social enough' xP
    Anyways when i talk to 'materialistic thinking' people i just listen to them, without saying any word but maybe confirming with a sound that i'm listening.
    And 9 out of 10 people will just tell their story or problem or whatever they have on their mind, even when it takes 10 mins to listen to someone babbling on and on about something insignificant i just stay centered and listen calmly...
    When the person is done talking i say, ok nice talking to you ^^ have a nice day.. and that's that.
    After a while there's not many people u will encounter that babble on and on but instead get surprised by meeting someone that does have something significant to say. Because, when u ignore most of the time u will miss that which u shoulda/coulda heard or u might of missed a good conversation where u could have a sudden realization of something.
    My point is, don't think you are anti-social, think the opposite but keep focus away from 'babbling peoples' and just listen

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkepticSoul For This Post:

Black Panther (17th May 2012), Fred Steeves (17th May 2012)

6. Link to Post #125
    New Zealand Avalon Member infinitexlight's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm only new to the Avalon forum - but I can't tell you how amazed I am that so many of you also feel this way lol. I too feel "anti-social" it you want to label it that. But I think we have all come to the conclusion of why we have seperated ourselves from other people - or social situations. I feel like if former "friends" knew where I was at or in a more basic concept if they knew how I thought and felt it wouldn't make the situation any better. The fact that the in the world of the Sleepers (those who have not yet begun to awaken) the sad truth is that they are all controlled by the world that they have been conditioned to be a part of. We've managed to Wake up, and to get rid of those ties - I guess in some respects, its both sad - that they havent been able to, and yet at the same time its liberating. Reading your posts has made me smile - because I know I'm not alone in how I feel.

I think removing yourself from the material - and embracing the truth - turning off your blinders, refusing to be a Sleeper, means that we will see the world and people more and more. Don't despair because youre removing yourself - and dont feel as though you have to justify your actions to anyone either. This is about you being Healed, and Awake. There is nothing wrong with it - I completely agree with everything you've all said. Rejoice in the fact that you're no longer a prisoner in the material world. And know that you are far richer than we even can imagine at this point. I'm so glad I found this Forum - that it was started and that so many of us are all in the same boat - on the journey to Freedom.

Love and Light
    Liana

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinitexlight For This Post:

Black Panther (17th May 2012), Fred Steeves (17th May 2012), Sidney (18th May 2012)

8. Link to Post #126
    Netherlands Avalon Member Black Panther's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,849 times in 847 posts

Quote Posted by infinitexlight (here)
    I'm only new to the Avalon forum - but I can't tell you how amazed I am that so many of you also feel this way lol. I too feel "anti-social" it you want to label it that. But I think we have all come to the conclusion of why we have seperated ourselves from other people - or social situations. I feel like if former "friends" knew where I was at or in a more basic concept if they knew how I thought and felt it wouldn't make the situation any better. The fact that the in the world of the Sleepers (those who have not yet begun to awaken) the sad truth is that they are all controlled by the world that they have been conditioned to be a part of. We've managed to Wake up, and to get rid of those ties - I guess in some respects, its both sad - that they havent been able to, and yet at the same time its liberating. Reading your posts has made me smile - because I know I'm not alone in how I feel.

I think removing yourself from the material - and embracing the truth - turning off your blinders, refusing to be a Sleeper, means that we will see the world and people more and more. Don't despair because youre removing yourself - and dont feel as though you have to justify your actions to anyone either. This is about you being Healed, and Awake. There is nothing wrong with it - I completely agree with everything you've all said. Rejoice in the fact that you're no longer a prisoner in the material world. And know that you are far richer than we even can imagine at this point. I'm so glad I found this Forum - that it was started and that so many of us are all in the same boat - on the journey to Freedom.

Love and Light
    Liana
    Liana.

Great you joined Avalon! A very well written post.
    Totally agree with you.

Imo the gap between us and sleepy ones is getting bigger, because
    the illusion stays more or less the same. And in 'our' world there are
    a lot of big changes going on and I think we are more susceptible for
    the incoming energies somehow.
    Remember Who You Are!

9. Link to Post #127
    New Zealand Avalon Member infinitexlight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by infinitexlight (here)
    Great you joined Avalon! A very well written post.
    Totally agree with you.

Imo the gap between us and sleepy ones is getting bigger, because
    the illusion stays more or less the same. And in 'our' world there are
    a lot of big changes going on and I think we are more susceptible for
    the incoming energies somehow.
    Thank you for the welcome (= and I completely agree with you. But change is a good thing - as is growth of knowledge and our understanding of where we fit in the scheme of things.
    "The Truth isn't Out There - It is within You."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 7